SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Struggling - Need New Brain

Nikki

Hi guys ~ I am struggling alot. When I first joined this site I believed I was having protracted withdrawal (bad insomnia, flu like symptoms, anxiety, etc.). Basically they have subsided.

I got sick. Diverticulitis, Intestinaly virus, went to ER, on major antibiotics. Had to stop Augmentin due to diarrhea/gas. Now just on Cipro.

I am down in the dumps, you know, when you hate your life, crying a bit, waking with anxiety.

Had to do alot of laying down in the last two months. Fatigue. Not motivated to speak to friends by picking up the phone. Cipro has a negative effect on me.

Experiencing major dissatisfaction with my life and have been for a long time. Never really seem to know if I am doing the right thing for myself in terms of work.

Hope I don't sound too crazy. Have a MD appointment with GI doctor. My stomach is mess. This 'ain't ' good. Want to feel better, healthy both physically and emotionally.

Honestly, for a long time now I struggle with doubt and decisions. What's me and what's meds????

I need a brain transplant......anyone else?

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Hi Nikki,

Cipro (for a bladder infection) messed me up when I was on Effexor. It made me very anxious. Are there any other alternatives such as natural ones for your stomach issues?

We are in such a fragile state of mind that we do not feel as confident as we used to; but it will come!! We will overcome this!

Think positive thoughts and pray a lot. This is what I do and it helps!

Hugs,

Rosie

2009 Efexor 75mg tapered twice

November 2011 Pristiq 50 mg

January 2012 Pristiq 100 mg, became very dizzy and anxious with a lot negative thinking! Ear aches, eye pain, headaches, bruxism, night sweats.

Currently on 30 mg of compounded Pristiq

Hi Nikki,

I can feel the desperation in your post and I have empathy. Here are my thoughts/suggestions. Take what you want and leave the rest.

#1 You do not have to be the perfect person all the time. You are allowed to be sick and feel crummy.

#2 There are friends we can talk to when we are down. There are friends we always have to remain upbeat with...it is too painful for

them to listen. Know who you can talk with when you are vulnerable.

#3 When those self loathing thoughts will not shut up, say " Thank you for sharing, but I have heard enough now."

#4 ANALYZING an issue or situation over and over again in our heads often does not yield a solution or change anything. BUT doing so

sure can make us miserable.

#5 You are doing the best that you can right now to take care of youself.

Love and Peace always

Effexor XL 2009-2012. CT 150mg Effexor XR  2012, Effexor XR  75mg  2012  then rapid taper to 0, Reinstated Effexor XR 13mg then updosed to 20mg, Tapered to 18mg Effexor XR 4/9/12, Off Effexor XL ?Reinstated  Effexor XL 150 mgs  August  2012, Crashed in November 2012, Prozac 40 mgs 2012 to Feb 2018, Buspar 60  mgs 2012-stopped 2015, Remeron 7.5 mgs as needed for sleep-stopped Feb 2017, Prozac 50 mgs Feb 2018 to March 2018, Lexapro 5 mgs March 18 2018 to May 17th 2018, Lexapro 2.5 mgs  May 18th to May 26th 2018, Prozac 10 mgs May 15th 2018, Prozac 5 mgs May 19th 2018 to current day May 28th 2018,  Xanax 0.25 mgs to 0.5 mgs daily for over 15 years. Increased Xanax to 1.5 mgs Sept 2012, Tapered Xanax to 0 mgs  May 2013.Reinstated Xanax Feb 2017 at 0.125 mgs as needed, Gradual increase of Xanax to 1.5 mgs daily till May 22nd 2018, Xanax 1.25 mgs daily. Holding

#3 When those self loathing thoughts will not shut up, say " Thank you for sharing, but I have heard enough now.

I fell out laughing when I read that one.....thank you EW

"Cipro (for a bladder infection) messed me up when I was on Effexor. It made me very anxious"...thank you Moses.

I have a dear friend who take nine million medications and said I should have not gone off Imipramine and stayed on Celexa and Imipramine.....no way. Psych meds are soooo over prescribed and the cocktails that doctors put people has hurt many. What I see alot of is medication jockeying and when the patient feels anxious or depressed they are still being diagnosed as 'symptoms returning' when it is actually a shift in dose of medicine and the onset of w/d.

I could be the Poster Adult for medication side effects. If there is a side effect, I will have it.

Thank goodness my energy is returning today.

Thank you, mornings can be bad.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki-

How do you feel on just celexa? (I ask cause you mentioned what a friend said)

Hope your GI issues will be better soon. I too thought the list of advice that you received, especial #3, was great!

Years:150mg Wellbutrin (to concentrate) 20-30 mg Celexa (rumination).

CT 8/2011 during a pregnancy attempt under MD orders. (Idiot!!!) Pregnancy hormones allowed it.

Felt great with 6 mg of melatonin per night to sleep plus preggo hormones-didn't last:(

Best time of my life. Botched IVF in Dec 2011.Stress.

Bone chilling exhaustion and told to go back on celexa and wellbutrin.

4/9/2012 Back on celexa wb for some relief, wb gave me heart palps so dropped and only need 6.6 mg celexa and 1/4 melatonin pill...IMPROVEMENT because my doses are much lower!

REMEMBER to get your thyroid and hormones checked/out of whack ones can appear LIKE MOOD DISORDERS!!

Good Morning...

When I was on Imipramine Elizabeth, I was having intermittent bouts of depressive episodes (lots of crying) and having trouble getting out of bed, although I always did. I do not lay around thank goodness, but mentally there was a struggle. I believe it was situational.

One day I said, I can't do this and decided to give Celexa a try. I dropped the dose of Imipramine and added Celexa and the next day 'depression gone'. I was elated and it has continued to do that. I can get melancholy or depressed, but it is over a situation that would most likely make anyone feel overwhelmed.

After getting off Imipramine I had insomnia, however that has passed. It has not increased my appetite, I still have a full range of emotions (some of which I whish I didn't have :)

I do believe that SSRI's give me a bit of agitation or a lack of patience, but that seems to be abating.

Elizabeth in trying to figure myself out these days, I was caught between discontinuation syndrome - life - situations - my thinking. Right now I am down although I am feeling better........I know for me that Cipro (all antibiotics) make me nutsy...

So nice to be able to chat with you...thank you

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy