SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Homeopathy

Nadia

Hello. I just wanted to add that a few weeks ago I made a Homeopathic remedy using my Paxil. I kind of knew it wouldn't work for the reasons we touched on above but wanted to try it just for the record. This didn't work at all. I also made a remedy out of my Vicodin to try to help with some of it's side effects and it did help some.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 3 months later...

Because I wasn't able to find

Arum Metallicum

I did find arsenicum album at the local whole foods store.

I tried the 30x version, didn't feel much of a difference.

Went back for the 6x version tried it twice today and did actually feel a difference.

I know the logic is that more diluted=stronger,

but is it safe to take 6x version for a while?

The 6x (or is is 6c) was labeled as for acute phase??

Anything to help one feel better that isn't an addictive AD...

Thanks!

Years:150mg Wellbutrin (to concentrate) 20-30 mg Celexa (rumination).

CT 8/2011 during a pregnancy attempt under MD orders. (Idiot!!!) Pregnancy hormones allowed it.

Felt great with 6 mg of melatonin per night to sleep plus preggo hormones-didn't last:(

Best time of my life. Botched IVF in Dec 2011.Stress.

Bone chilling exhaustion and told to go back on celexa and wellbutrin.

4/9/2012 Back on celexa wb for some relief, wb gave me heart palps so dropped and only need 6.6 mg celexa and 1/4 melatonin pill...IMPROVEMENT because my doses are much lower!

REMEMBER to get your thyroid and hormones checked/out of whack ones can appear LIKE MOOD DISORDERS!!

Hi Elizabeth

I have had great success with Homeopathy for withdrawal symptoms. It's been my lifesaver. Here is a link to the section of my website about how to use Homeopathy. I've been studying Homeopathy for 20 years, so if you have any questions just let me know. I think I'll start a new thread about Homeopathy or maybe Alto can make this part a new topic.

I find that with all the remedies, 30C dose is the best. You probably won't find that dosage at Whole Foods, but there are many places on the internet you can buy it in that dose. Abchomeopathy.com is where I buy most of my remedies. But I often search the remedy at Amazon and can find better shipping prices for the same remedy. At ABC Homeopathy, they have a free remedy finder tool that is excellent for this because you can get very precise in the symptoms you need help with. The C remedies are longer acting and better for w/d syndrome. The X is for acute conditions and not as good for us for this.

My favorite remedy above all is Stramonium because it covers more symptoms and the worst symptoms such as the severe fear, depression and suicidal feelings. It's also a wonder remedy for nightmares and too vivid dreams.

You don't have to worry about any harmful effects or addiction with Homeopathy. I've never had any reaction to them and in my opinion, they are even safer and gentler on the system than any vitamin or herb. You can take them safely for extended periods of time. This condition we're experiencing continues to re-harm our systems so we can't expect the remedy to heal future harm. So it is okay to take them indefinitely. I've been taking them daily for about 9 months for my w/d.

In order for the remedies to work well, you have to be careful how you take it, and to be sure you don't use toothpaste or anything with mint on or in your body for 1 or 2 hours before and after using the remedy. Also, no food or drink within 15 minutes of taking it. Let about 4 or 5 pellets dissolve under the tongue. Do not mix remedies or buy remedies that are mixtures because they will remedy themselves and render them ineffective. So when taking more than one remedy a day, wait 1 or 2 hours between doses.

I'll list the remedies I take and the doses, and what I take them for and if you have any questions at all, just ask.

Arum Metallicum 30C - Depression, wanting to die, loathing life, suicidal.

Stramonium 30C - Anxiety, fear, nightmares, depression, suicidal feelings.

Arsenicum Album 30C - Brain shocks and zaps. depression, nausea. Also try Cicuta Virosa 30C for brain zaps.

Agaricus Muscarius 30C - Clumsy, off balance, shaky, feeling out of body and uncontained, insecure, twitches, jerks, jittery.

Calcarea Carbonica 30C - Heart Palpatation (PVC), Head noise, dreams, fear, depression, sweating, tinnitus

I would also recommend first taking Arnica 6 or 10 X for a day or two. It will heal wounds to your system and make all the other remedies work better. You will probably also find it helpful to other symptoms you have. You can find Arnica at Whole Foods or a health food store.

Also, you asked "is it safe to take 6x version for a while?". Yes, it's totally safe, but it just might not be effective for extended periods.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I go to a doctor who is an MD, but also does Homeopathy. He is a classically trained Homeopathist, and they do things a little different than more modern homeopathists, like only one remedy at a time, for example. Anyway, I started going to him many months ago, in hopes that he could help me with the withdrawal, and I have to say that honestly I feel like the guy saved my life. I had such horrible anxiety, that I felt like I had no choice but to go back on Effexor, and I even took it for a few days. I had already been seeing him for a couple of months, but he switched my remedy at that point, and it really had a profound effect on my anxiety. So Shanti, I'd have to say I totally believe you. :)

Approximately 18 years on Effexor. Tapered for more than two years. Totally off of Effexor since late Oct. 2010.

And that's awesome news about your lungs. :) I smoked for 30 years and quit early on in my taper.

Approximately 18 years on Effexor. Tapered for more than two years. Totally off of Effexor since late Oct. 2010.

Because I wasn't able to find

Arum Metallicum

I did find arsenicum album at the local whole foods store.

I tried the 30x version, didn't feel much of a difference.

Went back for the 6x version tried it twice today and did actually feel a difference.

I know the logic is that more diluted=stronger,

but is it safe to take 6x version for a while?

The 6x (or is is 6c) was labeled as for acute phase??

Anything to help one feel better that isn't an addictive AD...

Thanks!

Hi Elizabeth,

I tried a homeopath and had a terrible reaction to one of his remedies.

One thing to be mindful of is that if you have a hyper sensitized brain, none of us can assure you any intervention will work or be without risk. For this reason it is best to introduce new elements cautiously, building up if you find something beneficial nd tolerable. For instance I've had bad reactions to beneficial supplements and foods that others had success with and generally recommend.

One of the frustrating things in this is that each of is different. Genes, med history, environmental history, w/d experience. The differences affect the way our syndromes express and make it impossible for me to advise you to take a certain course. What works for me may not work for you even if it, in addition to me, has been found to helps 90% of people in w/d.

I don't know much about homeopathy, but I wanted to just advise caution in general.

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Stramonium 30C - Anxiety, fear, nightmares, depression, suicidal feelings

What is this? Anxiety is a biggy for me along with fear.

I tried Bach's Rescue Remedy during the taper and I didn't notice any effect. I have friend in the UK that did very well with it.

Is there one for anxiety???

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Yes, Stramonium is very good for anxiety. So is Gelsemium.

Alex, I'm very surprised you reacted to a sugar pill lol. It's an energy imprint and really has no medicine, herbs, or vitamin in it. Only real ingredient is Lactose. But even if you have a reaction to Lactose, you can get remedies without lactose. Maybe the lactose is what your body doesn't want.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Alex, I'm very surprised you reacted to a sugar pill lol. It's an energy imprint and really has no medicine, herbs, or vitamin in it. Only real ingredient is Lactose. But even if you have a reaction to Lactose, you can get remedies without lactose. Maybe the lactose is what your body doesn't want.

Yes, so was I.

It wasn't a pill, it was an eyedropper full of pure water with an "energy imprint" just like you said. I took only 3 drops before deciding to stop.

- Zimmerman

Yes, so was I.

It wasn't a pill, it was an eyedropper full of pure water with an "energy imprint" just like you said. I took only 3 drops before deciding to stop.

I shouldn't have laughed. I am just surprised. But then, maybe he wasn't experienced and didn't succuss it enough times to dilute it.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Shanti-

Do you know anything about valerian? Safe for long term use in your opinion?

Thanks!

Years:150mg Wellbutrin (to concentrate) 20-30 mg Celexa (rumination).

CT 8/2011 during a pregnancy attempt under MD orders. (Idiot!!!) Pregnancy hormones allowed it.

Felt great with 6 mg of melatonin per night to sleep plus preggo hormones-didn't last:(

Best time of my life. Botched IVF in Dec 2011.Stress.

Bone chilling exhaustion and told to go back on celexa and wellbutrin.

4/9/2012 Back on celexa wb for some relief, wb gave me heart palps so dropped and only need 6.6 mg celexa and 1/4 melatonin pill...IMPROVEMENT because my doses are much lower!

REMEMBER to get your thyroid and hormones checked/out of whack ones can appear LIKE MOOD DISORDERS!!

Shanti-

Do you know anything about valerian? Safe for long term use in your opinion?

Thanks!

I'm sorry. I have never taken Valerian for long periods of time so I don't know. Also, I haven't tried Valerian while in withdrawal. I did, however, find this at cancer.org:

"Valerian is an herb used for anxiety and sleeplessness. Although some research suggests that it is effective, the results have been inconsistent and, in many cases, the study methods have been flawed. More research is needed to make definite conclusions about its effectiveness. There are some side effects linked with long-term valerian use, and it has the potential to interfere with anesthesia and other medicines."

Some other herbs that are good for anxiety that I've tried in the past are Skullcap and Vervain. Valium is actually a synthetic copy of Vervain. Again, I have not taken these herbs while in withdrawal so I don't know how they might affect your delicate nervous system. If you do decide to try any of these herbs, just start out small and give it time, like a couple of weeks I'd say, to see if it causes a reaction to your CNS. Also, research them good online. We just have to be so careful about what we take now. We learned the hard way, didn't we.

Gelsemium homeopathy is one I've used for many years for anxiety. My kids even used it at times, for social anxiety or when my son was in a golf tournament and was a nervous wreck. I don't like them even using that but feel it's okay as we teach them how to overcome anxiety. Many of us as mothers and fathers gave teething tablets to our babies. This is homeopathy. I feel it's just the safest and most gentle supplement for withdrawals, aside from Fish Oil.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 1 month later...

I wanted to bring this up as someone wrote to me asking about her Homeopath making a remedy out of the antidepressant she is withdrawing from. I've seen this several times when people contact a Homeopath. I simply do not understand why they are professionals yet they don't get this simple fact; withdrawal symptoms are not a side effect of the medicine. To make a remedy out of the offending medicine only works if the medicine is causing side effects. That is the way Homeopathy works. "Like cures like". But with withdrawal, the medicine itself does not cause depression, brain zaps, anxiety, etc. The REMOVAL of the medicine, the lack of it, is what causes the symptoms. So these people visit Homeopaths and the Homeopath makes a remedy and then it doesn't work, so they give up on Homeopathy. Not only are they missing an opportunity to try something that might work, but it is a waste of money.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

This happened to me. A homeopath made me "Effexor water" which didn't help at all, except to make me feel worse.

- Zimmerman

You know, so many Homeopaths were doing this, and it made no sense to me. But because so many were saying it and I write about it here and my website, I thought I should try it as well. So I did make a remedy out of my Paxil way back, and it did not work. Of course. lol

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thanks again shanti

Like you Alex I think the remedy is making me worse too.

I'm beginning to feel sick all the while too now but that's maybe cos I can't eat.

In future I will keep to the excellent advise on this forum

Debbie xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Shanti,

Have you considered writing an article about withdrawal for a Homeopath journal or magazine?

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Shanti,

Have you considered writing an article about withdrawal for a Homeopath journal or magazine?

I didn't think about an article, but I was thinking along these lines. I might do that. I was planning on going to the big Homeopathy forums and bringing this common logical fallacy up to them. I wondered if they are making this mistake with antidepressant withdrawal, then they are probably doing it for a lot of other withdrawals like Benzos, illegal drugs, and alcohol. It does bother me because I know a lot of people that are desperate for help in this turn to alternative medicine like Homeopathy, and this mistake should be avoided as Homeopathy can really help. I honestly think it is laziness on their part. It is easier to just make a remedy than to research the symptoms to find a remedy.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

Thank you, Shanti, for that excellent explanation.

I guess homeopaths, like other alternative practitioners, are just trying to help, using the tools they have. But unfortunately, they don't get it either.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yeah, I guess they are just not having the insight to see this fallacy. I was a bit aggravated when I said they were lazy lol. I did write to the largest Homeopathy forum where I know there are a lot of Homeopaths. I don't want to be the one to write an article, as I don't have credentials. If I have to, I suppose I can look into getting some. Maybe they have classes at the college and when I go to get my Medical Office training I can do that as well. Anyway, this is what I wrote to the Homeopaths:

Hello. This is a question I have for any Homeopaths that might read this. I have a website for antidepressant withdrawals support, and I also am involved in a very large support group forum for this. I often recommend to people to contact a Homeopath. I have successfully used Homeopathy to deal with withdrawal symptoms. However, time and again Homeopaths put the patient on a remedy that they have made from the antidepressant. This is a fallacy. It does not work. I tried it, and many have tried it, and then they give up on Homeopathy altogether, thinking it is bogus. This is tragic. I want to know the protocol you all use when dealing with withdrawal issues . It doesn't make any sense to me to make a rememdy of the drug the person is withdrawing from, as it is not the drug causing the symptoms, it is the LACK of the drug causing changes in brain chemistry. It seems that Homeopaths are mistaking withdrawals for side effects. When dealing with side effects of medication, it totally makes sense to make a remedy with the offending medication, but NOT for withdrawals. Could someone please look into this, it is serious. It needs to be published in an article by a Homeopath as this problem is widespread among Homeopaths and it discourages people that are in serious need of help.

Thank you.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

Excellent letter to the homeopaths, Shanti. I hope one of them takes the lead on this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I got a response from a Homeopath, and he used the term "lazy" as well. He didn't get it from me, as I didn't use it there. lol. He is saying that this method is a last resort. The Homeopath should find a remedy matching the symptoms FIRST. So for anyone that sees a Homeopath, do not accept them just making a remedy out of the AD. They should go over all of your symptoms and this should take about an hour, or even more. If they do not do that, then they are a lazy Homeopath.

"People can actually get stuck with some of the withdrawal symptoms too, in which case the drug given isopathically could be considered. The vital energy can actually be affected for the rest of that person's life, unless a healer can correct it.

The important thing is not to see this as some kind of short-cut. There are clear themes for people that need drug remedies, theses should be sought out to make sure using a drug-remedy is appropriate. Laziness is an abhorrent trait in a homoeopath."

David Kempson

Professional Classical Homoeopath

Isopathy: Classical homeopathic practice is to administer similar wholly foreign agents to diseased conditions but using the symptom picture as the first and primary guide to the remedy. If the symptoms do match the patient, then by all means use the nosode. Isopathy was introduced by Dr. Lux in 1823 who along with Hering taught that the toxins were capable of a cure.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Hi shanti

Just was wondering if the remedies you took stated in an above post are liquid or all little pills

I have askedy homeopath for some of them

Sorry to bother you

Debbie xxx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Hi Shanti,

My homeopath has prescribed Anxiovita (for anxiety), Estrogen 6X (for Estrogen dominance) and iron.

Do you have any knowledge of Anxiovita?

Thanks,

Rosie

2009 Efexor 75mg tapered twice

November 2011 Pristiq 50 mg

January 2012 Pristiq 100 mg, became very dizzy and anxious with a lot negative thinking! Ear aches, eye pain, headaches, bruxism, night sweats.

Currently on 30 mg of compounded Pristiq

• Moderator Emeritus

I got a response from a Homeopath, and he used the term "lazy" as well. He didn't get it from me, as I didn't use it there. lol. He is saying that this method is a last resort. The Homeopath should find a remedy matching the symptoms FIRST. So for anyone that sees a Homeopath, do not accept them just making a remedy out of the AD. They should go over all of your symptoms and this should take about an hour, or even more. If they do not do that, then they are a lazy Homeopath.

"People can actually get stuck with some of the withdrawal symptoms too, in which case the drug given isopathically could be considered. The vital energy can actually be affected for the rest of that person's life, unless a healer can correct it.

The important thing is not to see this as some kind of short-cut. There are clear themes for people that need drug remedies, theses should be sought out to make sure using a drug-remedy is appropriate. Laziness is an abhorrent trait in a homoeopath."

David Kempson

Professional Classical Homoeopath

Isopathy: Classical homeopathic practice is to administer similar wholly foreign agents to diseased conditions but using the symptom picture as the first and primary guide to the remedy. If the symptoms do match the patient, then by all means use the nosode. Isopathy was introduced by Dr. Lux in 1823 who along with Hering taught that the toxins were capable of a cure.

Rhi, thanks for explaining this. I knew that what the the AD remedy in question would not help, but I had no idea as to why, or how to respond in any meaningful way. What you just posted is very clear and most informative. In this case, the treatment would make someone in withdrawal very ill.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Hi Shanti,

My homeopath has prescribed Anxiovita (for anxiety), Estrogen 6X (for Estrogen dominance) and iron.

Do you have any knowledge of Anxiovita?

Thanks,

Rosie

Hi Rosie. I'm sorry I can't help you with individual remedies. I can only give advice on how to take them and what the dosing means. I can look up Anxiovita and see how it looks though, especially knowing how withdrawals feel, I might get an idea. It does look like Anxiovita is good for anxiety. I'll have to try that one sometime. 6X is a dosing for something acute, not chronic. I'm not sure the reason for the Estrogen so I don't know if that's appropriate.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Hi shanti

Just was wondering if the remedies you took stated in an above post are liquid or all little pills

I have askedy homeopath for some of them

Sorry to bother you

Debbie xxx

Hi Debbie. I prefer all my remedies in the pellets. Sometimes when that's not available, I like the granules. But it depends on the options when I'm buying them, and it really doesn't matter as far as effectiveness. Liquid is fine too. Probably even better for you, as the pellets do contain lactose and your system is pretty sensitive right now. And don't worry, it's never a bother.

One of the Homeopaths at the forum suggested that I make a list of Homeopaths for my website. And I can contact them and discuss this so they understand not to make a remedy from the antidepressant. I thought that was a good idea and I don't know why I didn't think of that! So, I will be making calls and getting some contact info for Homeopaths.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Shanti, these remedies don't lose their effectiveness if you take them for many months at a time?

Thanks shanti for all your help

Debbie x

Diazepam Free!

Shanti, these remedies don't lose their effectiveness if you take them for many months at a time?

It seems that some do. After about 8 months or so, the Stramonium stopped working for my dream issue. I switched to Arsenicum Album and that worked fine. So the good thing is that there are many other remedies to choose from when one does stop working.

You're welcome Debbie.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Ok, thanks for the info, Shanti.

Hi shanti

I have some Avena Sativa from my homeopath is this ok to take? I also have ars album

What do you think please?

Thanks

Debbie

Diazepam Free!

They are all okay to take :) The only thing that can go wrong is that it won't work. So I'd just listen to the Homeopath and go with that.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I don't think they are working but I'm sure I'm a lot worse as I'm not eating, findinging it really difficult. I'm going to force myself to eat as I am wasting away.

I've had a small meal at night sometimes but could never eat it all.

Thank you shanti x

Diazepam Free!

I don't think they are working but I'm sure I'm a lot worse as I'm not eating, findinging it really difficult. I'm going to force myself to eat as I am wasting away.

I've had a small meal at night sometimes but could never eat it all.

Thank you shanti x

I don't know how most Homeopaths do it, but if it doesn't work right away, then it's probably not going to work. It's not like regular meds that you have to wait for them to work. When I take them, I can feel them within about 15 minutes. But ask your Homeopath to be sure. Some might have to take several doses before you do get results. I think I got lucky with the ones I chose to try, they worked like a charm. That first time I took Stramonium was like a huge relief of the worst of the symptoms, which was the gloom and doom feeling, anxiety and depression.

Have you tried nutrition drinks like Ensure? Maybe sip on it a bit throughout the day? I used to get this "Alive" drink mix at the Health Food store that I liked. It was all natural and had a lot of good stuff like B12 from Spirulina.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thanks shanti

I will try some drinks but not sure what's available in the UK.

I think I will also ask my homeopaths for a different remedy.

Thanks again your advice is much appreciated

Debbie. Xx

Diazepam Free!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy