Homeopathy

Nadia

Hello tompee,

I have firsthand experience of homeopathic therapy and am left sceptical.

The ‘science’ behind this is the therapeutic solution you received resonates at the body’s ‘energetic frequencies’ and works to realign it.

The actual solution is diluted in water many, many times to miniscule concentrations where the molecules of the original substance aren’t even traceable.
All that is supposedly left is a ‘concentration of frequencies’ from the original substance.

What they claim is that the more dilated the solution is, the stronger the therapeutic effect.
So simply, the more dilated it becomes, the more potent and powerful it is, which is absolutely ludicrous. It doesn’t work.

You say It is helping your anxiety but let me put it from this perspective.

If you think you feel better from taking it, you almost certainly probably will

Edited by Petunia
fixed text

2013-July 1st Citalopram 20mg ()

2013-August 19th ended Citalopram cold turkey

med free.  (Took them for 7 weeks)

When I was a child, I spoke as a child,

I understood as a child, I thought as a child;

But when I became a man,

I put my childish things away.

- 1 Corinthians 13:11

At least one advantage is their is zero side effects!

But when I became a man,

Homeopathic remedies work as well as any other energy treatment, at least in theory. I think most practitioners are lousy but most everyone is not expert at their jobs...

In the case of psych med w/d I didn't get a positive effect and I did try it. A homeopath made me 'effexor water' or 'essence of effexor' and the remedy was too potent, made me weep and messed me up really badly. Read about it

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asurvivingantidepressants.org+alexejice+effexor+water

Good luck

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

I tried a homeopathic healer.After hearing the short version of my story, he made me a preparation of spring water -- nothing else. He then infused the water with 'essence of effexor' without actually adding anything to the liquid. He gave me a drop under the tongue. I actually felt a lot better. A couple days later I tried another drop and didn't feel better but worse. I waited a bit longer, about 10 days, and tried one more drop and felt a lot worse -- really anxious and uncomfortable.I had a follow up last Friday.I didn't intend to take any more 'water' but was curious how this worked. He put me on the table for an exam then asked me to open my mouth and he felt my throat and larynx. He asked me to lift my tongue. And then he dropped another drop in my mouth. I couldn't believe it.I wasn't prepared, didn't even realize he had anything in his hands.Anyway, after giving it to me, he told me that the previous 'water' must've been the wrong concentration and I will have better luck with this version of 'effexor water'. I was really jarred. And sad actually b/c I know how sensitive I am and would never had allowed it had I known he intended to give me more medicine.I've been weepy and depressed since. In fact, I have cried everyday since Sunday, crying myself to sleep even. Highly unlike me. Also my prostatitis is flaring up so I am avoiding chairs for a while. Also, increased libido with cont'd sexual dysfunction (but lil different).He said his 'water' will mimic Effexor but in a micro-way that will reset my body's energy and cure my w/d. He was really confident in his abilities, said he's helped others with this before.Didn't do me much good. I feel lousy. I regret that I froze as I saw that dropper, but I only had 1-2 seconds. It happened too fast.I feel so weak and sad right now.The timing could not be worse. An internet developer contacted me with interest in a website I maintain. I verified his legitimacy, and he made a no-brainer offer. We both signed a transaction contract. Today the money (mid $X,XXX) was deposited in my account at escrow.com. Escrow will hold it until the domain transfer is confirmed by Godaddy.com and then the $ will be ACH'd to my bank account. But I have several hours of work to do still and I am not even close to up for it tonight.I will try to get my crap together tomorrow. I could use the money, for sure.For now, I am going to try not to succumb to more crying

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Yep I got the water as well. Told not to exceed 6 drops a day or suffer 'severe' side effects. I then after 2 weeks downed the entire thing and was absolutely fine.

He even admitted he's taking a sugar pill! Its what they take in clinical trials as a placebo!

But when I became a man,

• Moderator Emeritus

In my despair after a severe withdrawal kicked in I also went to see a homeopath to see if he could do something for me. I hated the idea of going back to AD although at the time things were so bad that I was almost on the verge of taking anything just to get some relief.

I've heard that there is/are one of more persons in town who have been trained as psychiatrists but started practicing homeopathy so I googled to get the contacts. The guy I went to see interrogated me for 3 and a half hours (!) and most dilligently wrote everything down into his PC. I felt so exhausted and shaken after recounting a great deal of my traumatic and painful experiences in one go that when he asked if I had any questions, I said no. 

All I got was a liitle bottle with a label 'flower essence'. Of course he charged a lot for this initial session. Subsequent once will be cheaper. I think I will go for this second time if nothing else to give him a piece of my mind because I never got the chance to comment on the whole procedure.

I didn't think at all diluted flower essences would do anything for severe anxiety, depression, cognitive difficulties, emotional dettachment and host of other symptoms that made my life unbearable. Still, i've been spraying 3 drops into my mouth 3 times a day as instructed. But I also went back to my previous dose of AD and Xanax and i would attribute the relief I'm feeling to the latter. 

If you are interested, i will report on what happens when I go and see him in a week time to tell him how his approach made me feel and ask to explain his method and whether and how he plans to help me in my tapering efforts.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

yes please update :D they change the medicine 3 times for me already. they are trying to get it right hopefully the third time can be helpful ,im on day 5.

homeopathy works right away for my sister's allergy more effective than hospital medicine that she was on for years so i guess i will try as many as homeopathy med until it works since it's way more natural.

Seroxat10mg/Lexapro 5 Mg ( Half Tablet ) since Jan 2012Seroxat 7mg Feb 2012Seroxat 5mg March 2013Seroxat 2.5 mg April2013, Off TranxeneLexapro 1.25 mg April 2013Off Lexapro 14 April 2013Reinstated Tranxene since 16 April (Heavy Insomnia and low agitating at night.)Reinstated Lexapro 1.25mg + tanxeme 5 mg 28 April 2013 (still experience insomnia and agitatin at night only.)Lexapro 2.5 mg + 5 mg tranxene + Zypraxa 2.5 mg 15 May 2013 (still agitating and getting worse)Seroxat 5 mg + 5 mg tranxene 20 May 2013 (anxious at night. Heavy Head)Seroxat 6 mg + 5 mg tranxene 24 May 2013 (dizziness and light headache)Seroxat 10mg + 5 mg tranxene 1 June 2013 (pDoc adviced... i shouldn't follow..dam)<p>Lexapro 5mg 20 June 2013
Lexapro 2.5 mg 1 Aug 2013
Lexapro 1.25 mg 21 Aug 2013
off 11 September 2013

current : 1g vitamin C + 300 mg magnisium + 3mg melatonin and Valerian root ( 4-5 a.m. ) working alright.

• 3 months later...

I have had much success in alleviating much of my withdrawal symptoms with Homeopathy. I am a little hesitant to share it as it wasn't received well on other forums. I don't know why. I'm not selling anything and my only desire is to share what helps me. I realize that Homeopathy won't work for everyone and not all the same remedies work the same on everyone. But fortunately, it's not that expensive. That being said, I will go ahead and share what I found helps me. The Homeopathy, imo, is one of the safest remedies to use, as it's not really a physical medicine. It's an energy impression from the plant or other natural substance. It's safe enough to use on babies (such as teething tablets, most of us as mothers have used for our babies) and has no side effects. So, this one time I'll share my remedies and what it's alleviated: Stramonium 30C - Anxiety, fear, nightmares, depression. Arsenicum Album 30C - Shocks and zaps. depression, nausea. Agaricus Muscarius 30C - Clumsy, off balance, shaky, feeling out of body and uncontained, insecure, twitches, jerks. Calcarea Carbonica 30C - Heart Palpatation (PVC), Head noise, dreams, fear, depression, sweating It's best to let the pellets dissolve under your tongue, taking a few at a time. Has anyone else experienced benefits with Homeopathy?

since last 2 years i am taking antidepressant different allpoathic  medicines as prescribed by my doctor and when i go for withdrawal i fell head jerk when i move my eyes or  head ,and headache just above my eyes .At present i stopped all these allpoathic mediines with proper tapering method but i still facing these withdrawal symptoms . i wnt to use homepoathy to fight with these withdrawal symptoms ,please help me know the name of any homeopathic medicine to start

vijay

• 1 month later...

Is shanti still answering this thread?

Lexapro & Wellbutrin ~2003-2012

Switched from Lexapro to Prozac early 2012

CT all meds mid 2012, manic episode; put on every bipolar med known to man June-Aug 2012

Stopped meds CT Aug 2012

50 mg Lamictal Nov 2012

Ativan 0.5mg/PRN Dec 2012 (up to 2mg by May 2013)

Lunesta Jan-June 2013, CTed

Trazodone 100mg June 2013

[non-psych: Nature-Throid/Cytomel Dec 2012-June 2013; progesterone cream Nov 2013-pres]

current:75mg Lamictal (raised to help with benzo withdrawal)

1.6mg Ativan (very slowly tapering)

30mg Trazodone (holding)

• 11 months later...

Is anyone using homeopathic remedies to help alleviate wd or ri?

I'm using some and finding it helpful.

Not sure if anyone is still posting or watching this thread?

50mg daily Zoloft (Sertraline) since March 2011 (For Panic Attacks/Anxiety)
25mg since Nov 2014
0mg since 21st Jan 2015 
Thurs 29th jan; took a one-off dose 20mg fluoxetine in an effort to get rid of withdrawal side effects
Sat 31st jan; in desperation took one off dose 50mg sertraline. Got very anxious and spiraled, so was given 5mg Valium to take every four hours for the weekend until psych appt mon
Mon 2nd feb; psych told me to take 75mg venlafaxine and 1mg lorazepam three times a day
Tuesday 3rd feb; took 12.5mg sertraline and 1mg lorazepam but couldn't take it the full day as instructed by doc.
Plan to follow advice from here and take 12.5mg sertraline daily. I also take b vitamin complex and omega fish oils daily (stopped fish oils and b vits 4th feb as advised. Continuing with 12.5mg sertraline)

Here is Shanti's website (from the link in her sig) and the about me page has a link where you can send an email. I don't know if she is still participating here.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I did find at one point Rhux tox good for restless legs..I tried again the other night for restlessness and agitation and cannot remember how/ if it did work..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thanks; I emailed her. All the links on her website seem to go to a YouTube video.

Will let you know if I get a reply

25mg since Nov 2014
0mg since 21st Jan 2015 
Thurs 29th jan; took a one-off dose 20mg fluoxetine in an effort to get rid of withdrawal side effects
Sat 31st jan; in desperation took one off dose 50mg sertraline. Got very anxious and spiraled, so was given 5mg Valium to take every four hours for the weekend until psych appt mon
Mon 2nd feb; psych told me to take 75mg venlafaxine and 1mg lorazepam three times a day
Tuesday 3rd feb; took 12.5mg sertraline and 1mg lorazepam but couldn't take it the full day as instructed by doc.
Plan to follow advice from here and take 12.5mg sertraline daily. I also take b vitamin complex and omega fish oils daily (stopped fish oils and b vits 4th feb as advised. Continuing with 12.5mg sertraline)

On a related note, an ENT/Plastic Surgeon I am seeing tomorrow for a consult regarding a possible septoplasty/turbinate reduction, endorses taking Arnica, a homeopathic remedy, to reduce swelling and bruising.   Interestingly, most plastic surgeons seems to also endorse this remedy for the same purpose.   But in regular ENT offices, I am sure if you mentioned it, you would get look that typically doctors provide when questioned about an alternative substance. :)

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

The psychiatrist I'm seeing has been supportive of my choice to use homeopathy. He doesn't condone or belittle it, says it's my choice and he will work alongside them which is good.

I'm taking a few homeopathic remedies to help with the anxiety, tearfulness and sleep issues I am having. I had a little melt down on Sunday and she even came out to bring something new for me. Which I thought was amazing of her.

Guess we each just have to find what works for us.

25mg since Nov 2014
0mg since 21st Jan 2015 

The psychiatrist I'm seeing has been supportive of my choice to use homeopathy. He doesn't condone or belittle it, says it's my choice and he will work alongside them which is good.

I'm taking a few homeopathic remedies to help with the anxiety, tearfulness and sleep issues I am having. I had a little melt down on Sunday and she even came out to bring something new for me. Which I thought was amazing of her.

Guess we each just have to find what works for us.

That is pretty amazing that you would have the support of your psychiatrist regarding homeopathy.   The issue should be to take a remedy with the least amount of side effects that works instead of whether it is an "evil" alternative substance.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

It's the second psychiatrist I have seen since this whole palaver coming off sertraline. I was very careful and structured in painting the picture for him about the withdrawals. He doesn't acknowledge ssri discontinuation but agrees I am sensitive to the medication and therefore must taper slowly after stabilising on 12.5mg...

I don't want to put more toxins in my body but researched a lot of the homeopathy and felt it was the right move for me to help try and get through all of this.

25mg since Nov 2014
0mg since 21st Jan 2015 

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if homeopatic drops (alcohol based) may increase WD symptoms?

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried homeopathic medicine for withdrawal and did it help? What about Bach flower essences? There must be something if not for withdrawal, then for addiction? I'm willing to give alternative medicine a go as I need some relief and my brain needs help to heal.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

I would like to try liquorice root and gingko biloba. Not sure yet! But there are positive reviews on the web for WD symptoms.

March 2010/ October 2010:

Sereupin 30mg a day, EN 15 drops a day

October 2010/ 1st November 2014:

Cipralex 50mg a day (tapered to 40mg a day in August 2013), EN 15 drops a day (switched to Lexotan 15 drops a day in September 2014)

Started Risperdal 1mg a day on the 1st November 2014.

Stopped Risperdal on the 23 November 2014 because that day, after a short mental crysis, I suddenly lost all my emotions,desires,motivation and they not come back yet.

Stopped Cipralex C/T in December 2014.

Added, tapered and stopped other drugs during the following months (also a voluntary hospitalization in January 2015 for a suicide attempt)...no changes yet.

I'm med free from 3rd December 2015

Blu,

I have used the Bach flower remedies with great success.

At the beginning of this taper, my chiropractor had me fill out a questionaire about my symptoms,( which were dread,terror and panic) and they made me the Rock Rose remedy. They said I could take two sprays under my tongue every 20 minutes if I needed to. And I really needed to!

At some point, I noticed I wasn't using it as much, and the terror was gone.

I still had other symptoms, though, and have used the Rescue remedy as well as a combination of minimus and walnut for anxiety.

I am still amazed that the remedies actually worked, although it is a very subtle shift. Definitely different than popping a pill.

Best wishes,

Roadback

**I started taking Zoloft 100 mg. in 1996 for a panic disorder with agoraphobia and depression, which worsened after a car accident. I have had these symptoms since age 11 .

** In September 2009 , the Zoloft was upped to 150 mg and .5 mg Xanax was added as needed for extreme anxiety due to my Father's illness and death from cancer. Successfully tapered off the Xanax in November 2009.

** I started my Zoloft taper in September 2011,and,in July 2012, reached 75 mgs.(went to 68.5 mgs,but went back up to 75mgs due to withdrawal related depression /anxiety symptoms .

** I started tapering again in September 2014 ,and, as of December,2014, I was holding at 50 mgs. Zoloft until February,2015, when I tapered in two cuts to 37.5 mgs. Due to protracted withdrawal symptoms, have up dosed to 50 mgs. Zoloft on 5/18/2015 and holding there.

**Also started .25 mgs xanax at bedtime in September,2015, due to alerting/jolting awake/anxiety and not sleeping because of heart related issues,now resolved.I tapered completely off in Oct. 2015 (too fast ) had withdrawal symptoms and updosed to .12 mgs Xanax once a night.

** After dry cutting till I couldn't do it accurately, I have been on compounded doses. Am on 0.069 mgs compounded Xanax as of  6/21/17 once per night, as prescribed by my Doctor.

Blu,

I have used both homeopathy and flower remedies--before and during wd. Both have helped me enormously over the years..I chose flower remedies on my own. Homeopathy has come through a naturopath. It's a more subtle, gentle way of working. In my experience, it more addresses the underlying cause of symptoms..and is not a band-aid, like most western medicine. I guess it's possible to have some negative reaction to them, but I haven't. Flower remedies sometimes seemed to bring emotion to be released, but in a very easy way. I think one of the benefits of having a more sensitive nervous system is that it allows more subtle ways of working to bring healing...same with energy work, meditation, etc. There are some good alternative healing practices out there..along with some quacks...same as anything.

I think a zest for learning is a very good quality to have. It keeps a person open to seeking new things.

I've posted some on my own thread and a few other places that I've had very good healing through qi gong....a 5,000 year-old practice. It's helped with sleep, pain, emotions, other physical issues. I found it easy to learn and it had immediate benefits for me. I've read and heard many other people are helped by it as well. One of the great things is that you can learn for yourself, become your own healer in many respects, so not be so dependent on practitioners...and you can do it when the timing is right for you, in your own ways. But that's me..I prefer this way over attending classes. The link is on my thread.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

I'm also practicing the Bruno Groening method to receive the healing energy in the universe and I imagine it coming down on me and enveloping my brain in warm bright light and healing it. Also I read about a person called John of God who lives in Brazil and supposedly cures people of illnesses. Don't know if he is legitimate but if I lived there I'd try going to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JDIrSz3SUY

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

• 1 year later...

I wonder if homeopatic drops (alcohol based) may increase WD symptoms?

I was wondering the same thing. Concerned about the alcohol content.

Effexor XR 300 (brand) mg & various SSRIs 15 yrs (Effexor XR 300 mg past 10 yrs

Clonazepam, 1.0 mg. am, .5 mg pm. - 15 yrs, 7-17-16- Began .5 three times a day

Vyvanse 60 mg, - 2 yrs, Cut to 50 mg for 6 mths, Cut to 30 mg. on 4-1-16. Tapering.

Approx. 4-1-15 began Effexor XR 300 taper, very slowly for a year. Held at 37.5 for about 3 mths. Cut to 18 mg for 2 wks to 0. WD began 2 wks later. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, low appetite, nausea.

7-14-16-Reinstated 5 beads Effx after 4 mths misery.Pooped out 10 days.

9-12-16-to present- Wide eyed terror, bedridden fear, no appetite/feeling of being full.

10-30-16- Began 15% liquid tapering of 30 mg Vyvanse. (25 mg)

11-13-16- Liquid Vyvanse 22 mg,11-27-16- Liquid 15 mg, 12-12-16- Vyvanse 12.5 for 5 days. 12-16 - 12-29, 15 mg.

11-20-16- Switched back to 1.0 clonazepam am & .5 bedtime

12-30-16- Moved to 15 mg COMPOUNDED Vyvanse.Current 4/11-4/25 7.5 mg.(10% ev 2 wks) Off Vyvanse

Current meds:Effexor XR- 3 Beads, Clonazepam-1.0 mg am, .5 mg bedtime,Vyvanse-(tapering) Estradiol- 2

mg,Progesterone 200 mg,Testosterone 30 mg/ml,Nature Throid- 48.75 mg.(12-21-16-65 mg.) (4-18-17-81.25 mg) Current supplements: Fish Oil-1360 mg, Curamin- 2706 mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

Sherri, it's a tiny amount of ethanol. However, some people are very sensitive. I have seen homeopathic remedies made that don't use alcohol. Unfortunately I can't remember where or when. As always Google is a trusty guide to finding these things. Good luck!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Sherri, it's a tiny amount of ethanol. However, some people are very sensitive. I have seen homeopathic remedies made that don't use alcohol. Unfortunately I can't remember where or when. As always Google is a trusty guide to finding these things. Good luck!

Hi Scally,

I have two from my naturopath. One says 20% by volume. The other is in spray form and shows no alcohol. I think these are the only way I can go to manage the terror other than magnesium and fish oil.

I just moved up my appointment with my naturopath for help with this. She is not educated in withdrawal but is very open minded and kind. I'm having to be my own advocate with all health professionals. VERY interesting thread!

Effexor XR 300 (brand) mg & various SSRIs 15 yrs (Effexor XR 300 mg past 10 yrs

Clonazepam, 1.0 mg. am, .5 mg pm. - 15 yrs, 7-17-16- Began .5 three times a day

Vyvanse 60 mg, - 2 yrs, Cut to 50 mg for 6 mths, Cut to 30 mg. on 4-1-16. Tapering.

Approx. 4-1-15 began Effexor XR 300 taper, very slowly for a year. Held at 37.5 for about 3 mths. Cut to 18 mg for 2 wks to 0. WD began 2 wks later. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, low appetite, nausea.

7-14-16-Reinstated 5 beads Effx after 4 mths misery.Pooped out 10 days.

9-12-16-to present- Wide eyed terror, bedridden fear, no appetite/feeling of being full.

10-30-16- Began 15% liquid tapering of 30 mg Vyvanse. (25 mg)

11-13-16- Liquid Vyvanse 22 mg,11-27-16- Liquid 15 mg, 12-12-16- Vyvanse 12.5 for 5 days. 12-16 - 12-29, 15 mg.

11-20-16- Switched back to 1.0 clonazepam am & .5 bedtime

12-30-16- Moved to 15 mg COMPOUNDED Vyvanse.Current 4/11-4/25 7.5 mg.(10% ev 2 wks) Off Vyvanse

Current meds:Effexor XR- 3 Beads, Clonazepam-1.0 mg am, .5 mg bedtime,Vyvanse-(tapering) Estradiol- 2

mg,Progesterone 200 mg,Testosterone 30 mg/ml,Nature Throid- 48.75 mg.(12-21-16-65 mg.) (4-18-17-81.25 mg) Current supplements: Fish Oil-1360 mg, Curamin- 2706 mg.

• 2 weeks later...

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

From 2011:

Shanti:

It's safe enough to use on babies (such as teething tablets, most of us as mothers have used for our babies)

From 2016:

Consumer Labs:

On September 30, 2016, the FDA warned consumers that homeopathic teething tablets and gels may be dangerous for infants and children. The agency has received adverse events reports, including seizures, associated with the use of these products. It is currently investigating the issue and testing product samples.

Homeopathic teething tablets and gels are distributed by CVS, Hyland's, and possibly others; they are sold in retail stores and online.

(See the Encyclopedia article about Homeopathy for more information).

The FDA recommends consumers stop using these products, and seek immediate medical attention if their child experiences any of the following after using: seizures, difficulty breathing, lethargy, excessive sleepiness, muscle weakness, skin flushing, constipation, difficulty urinating, or agitation.

So - they are supposed to be just the vibration of water, but - in today's corporate climate, they are not always so pure?

Or - these seem like extreme reactions to a homeopathic remedy!  That it is at the level of the FDA is concerning - I mean - look how difficult it is to get the FDA to regulate something, anything these days?

I do have a good post for homeopathy, when I saw this video, I wondered:  is this how homeopathy works?  (there's not a molecule of the original herb, plant, substance in the final remedy)

The Memory of Water

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Compsports says:  

endorses taking Arnica, a homeopathic remedy

There is also an Arnica, which is a topical herbal remedy, and I can recommend this.  It is for bruising, swelling.  I used it on a bruised hand recently, and it was as good as the otc "blood thinning" bruise remedy, less chemical, and less dangerous.

Look for arnica which is not suspended in petrolatum.  I prefer it in a gel, which is not greasy, but a cream is good.  When I first moved to Oz I could only find the homeopathic one (a cream), and now I am starting to find more options.

I keep arnica and calendula in my first aid kit - arnica for bruising and soreness, and calendula for rashes, scrapes, and itchiness.  But these are herbals, not homeopathic.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

I'm on tissue salts and have been from the beginning of this and I think I'm doing way better than so many people given the dosage and cold turkey after 14-15yrs of this crap.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I have found homeopathy useful in few aspects of my health...

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

• 1 month later...

I'm on tissue salts and have been from the beginning of this and I think I'm doing way better than so many people given the dosage and cold turkey after 14-15yrs of this crap.

What are tissue salts? Which symptoms have they helped you with?

• SSRIs 3-4 times in the last 14 years; would take them for 6-8 months and then taper off under dr supervision with no problems.
  • Med history prior to 2015: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6012-newbeginning-my-withdrawal-story/?p=267313#entry267313
  • 04/2015: Prozac decreased to 15mg over last 3 months; effexor held steady at 8mg; current effexor XR: 20 beads of a 75mg capsule per day (about 8mg)
  • 06/2015: Prozac: 10mg; effexor XR: 19 beads (about 7.5mg); 07/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor 18 beads; 08/2015: Prozac: 7.5mg; effexor: 17 beads
  • End of August: withdrawal: depressive symptoms, crying spells. Realized I was measuring prozac dose wrong for the last 2 months. Reinstated Prozac 8.5mg; Kept effexor at 17 beads. Stabilized in 5 weeks.
  • 10/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor: 17 beads11/2015: Prozac: 1.9ml (7.5mg); effexor: 16 beads12/2015: Prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: 16 beads. Withdrawal: neuroemotions
  • 01/2016: prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: reinstated 17 beads, withdrawal improved; 02/2016: Prozac 1.5ml; Effexor: 17 beads; 03/2016: Prozac 1.3ml(5mg); Effexor: 17 beads (7mg)-withdrawal (flu-like malaise, lightheaded, drowsy) started end of March. April 15: reinstated Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized. 2 weeks ok. End of April: Withdrawal (neuroemotions). Eventually stabilized in April-May. Apathy improved.
  • 3 month hold until August. August 2016: apathy came back;

• October 2016: updosed to Prozac 1.6ml. Bad reaction: anxiety, depression. End of October: went down Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized over several weeks.

• Dec 9: tried macca for energy: anxiety/depression. Improved over several weeks, but not completely resolved.

• Dec 31: cut Effexor 5% to 16 beads. After 9 days: withdrawal anxiety, depression; tried updosing to 17 beads Feb 7 but anxiety got worse; went down to 16 beads

May 2017: Anxiety improved; severe depression continuesSeptember 2017: finally stabilized!!!!!! 09/07/2017-12/31/2017: hold

• Stable on Effexor 6mg and Prozac 6mg until around 2019-2020. Side effects (fatigue, anhedonia) continued, but had some long lasting windows thanks to therapy. Windows lasting 5-6 months each year followed by relapses.

• 2019: bad reaction to melatonin 3 mg. Withdrawal after taking it 2 months. When I tried to stop it developed severe insomnia that lasted 6 months even after I reinstated melatonin. Only slept again because I took hydroxyzine 5 mg 3 times a week for few months. Stopped hydroxyzine with no issues. Sleep normalized.

• 2020-2021: Holding on Prozac 6mg, Effexor 6mg, Tapered melatonin 1 drop every 2-4 weeks down to 1.5mg. Had to hold because further cuts were causing severe drowsiness. 

• 2021: Insomnia returned due to caffeine use for few months (only started after months of use). I also had a concussion at this time.

• 2023: took hydroxyzine 5-100mg for one month (kept increasing dose every 3 days because I developed tolerance). Tapered for 1 week. After 1 month: withdrawal neuroemotions. Reinstated 5mg 2 months after stopping. Gradually increased to 25mg, stabilized, but withdrawal came back after 10 days. Kept increasing dose and withdrawal returning. Currently at 40mg. Not sure how to stabilize. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is a description of tissue salts:

http://www.alive.com/health/the-twelve-tissue-salts/

The thing about tissue salts is - you need a good diagnosis to begin with (think:  professional practitioner).  Taking them willy nilly will not balance anything.  You have to know which ones to take, and in what strength.

It's weird, me saying that, when they are really just sugar pills with mineral salts that came into contact with them, but now contain none of the original minerals.

I prefer taking minerals, as they are easier to measure in the blood, and have nothing to do with "vibrations," which are much more difficult to diagnose and measure.

Here is a description of tissue salts:

http://www.alive.com/health/the-twelve-tissue-salts/

The thing about tissue salts is - you need a good diagnosis to begin with (think:  professional practitioner).  Taking them willy nilly will not balance anything.  You have to know which ones to take, and in what strength.

It's weird, me saying that, when they are really just sugar pills with mineral salts that came into contact with them, but now contain none of the original minerals.

I prefer taking minerals, as they are easier to measure in the blood, and have nothing to do with "vibrations," which are much more difficult to diagnose and measure.

Thanks!

• SSRIs 3-4 times in the last 14 years; would take them for 6-8 months and then taper off under dr supervision with no problems.
  • Med history prior to 2015: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6012-newbeginning-my-withdrawal-story/?p=267313#entry267313
  • 04/2015: Prozac decreased to 15mg over last 3 months; effexor held steady at 8mg; current effexor XR: 20 beads of a 75mg capsule per day (about 8mg)
  • 06/2015: Prozac: 10mg; effexor XR: 19 beads (about 7.5mg); 07/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor 18 beads; 08/2015: Prozac: 7.5mg; effexor: 17 beads
  • End of August: withdrawal: depressive symptoms, crying spells. Realized I was measuring prozac dose wrong for the last 2 months. Reinstated Prozac 8.5mg; Kept effexor at 17 beads. Stabilized in 5 weeks.
  • 10/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor: 17 beads11/2015: Prozac: 1.9ml (7.5mg); effexor: 16 beads12/2015: Prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: 16 beads. Withdrawal: neuroemotions
  • 01/2016: prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: reinstated 17 beads, withdrawal improved; 02/2016: Prozac 1.5ml; Effexor: 17 beads; 03/2016: Prozac 1.3ml(5mg); Effexor: 17 beads (7mg)-withdrawal (flu-like malaise, lightheaded, drowsy) started end of March. April 15: reinstated Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized. 2 weeks ok. End of April: Withdrawal (neuroemotions). Eventually stabilized in April-May. Apathy improved.
  • 3 month hold until August. August 2016: apathy came back;

• October 2016: updosed to Prozac 1.6ml. Bad reaction: anxiety, depression. End of October: went down Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized over several weeks.

• Dec 9: tried macca for energy: anxiety/depression. Improved over several weeks, but not completely resolved.

• Dec 31: cut Effexor 5% to 16 beads. After 9 days: withdrawal anxiety, depression; tried updosing to 17 beads Feb 7 but anxiety got worse; went down to 16 beads

May 2017: Anxiety improved; severe depression continuesSeptember 2017: finally stabilized!!!!!! 09/07/2017-12/31/2017: hold

• Stable on Effexor 6mg and Prozac 6mg until around 2019-2020. Side effects (fatigue, anhedonia) continued, but had some long lasting windows thanks to therapy. Windows lasting 5-6 months each year followed by relapses.

• 2019: bad reaction to melatonin 3 mg. Withdrawal after taking it 2 months. When I tried to stop it developed severe insomnia that lasted 6 months even after I reinstated melatonin. Only slept again because I took hydroxyzine 5 mg 3 times a week for few months. Stopped hydroxyzine with no issues. Sleep normalized.

• 2020-2021: Holding on Prozac 6mg, Effexor 6mg, Tapered melatonin 1 drop every 2-4 weeks down to 1.5mg. Had to hold because further cuts were causing severe drowsiness. 

• 2021: Insomnia returned due to caffeine use for few months (only started after months of use). I also had a concussion at this time.

• 2023: took hydroxyzine 5-100mg for one month (kept increasing dose every 3 days because I developed tolerance). Tapered for 1 week. After 1 month: withdrawal neuroemotions. Reinstated 5mg 2 months after stopping. Gradually increased to 25mg, stabilized, but withdrawal came back after 10 days. Kept increasing dose and withdrawal returning. Currently at 40mg. Not sure how to stabilize. 

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried homeopathy for healing? I am currently on Calc Carb and while it has helped to alleviate some symptoms, I am left with a nagging headache that tylenol can't soothe. Is this normal? Since it is helpful, I don't want to prematurely quit treatment.

Ps. Also anyone know if glutamine is suitable to fix my leaky gut?

<p>10 years of ssri and finally tapered off in 2 years. Off Celexa by jan/28/2014 and off benzos by March/6th/2014 after only two months use and still experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

A google search typing in survivingantidepressants.org glutamine brought up the following SA topics:

glutamatenmda-inositol-n-aceytl-cysteine-nac-and-serotonin-receptor-re-sensitization

supplements-what-helps-what-doesnt

probiotics-and-gut-health

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy