SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Homeopathy

Nadia

On 9/24/2018 at 5:42 AM, JanCarol said:

I only have my personal experience, and in my experience I find that Gratitude is the key.

Gratitude might be great for placebos. But when you take a homeopathic remedy, your response is irrespective of whether you are grateful or not, as Seeker7 indicated with her severe response to the Arsenicum that she took initially. I dont think gratitude or lack thereof had much influence on the results. She seems to have taken the right remedy, Arsensicum, at too high a potency which caused what is known as a homeopathic "aggravation", or temporary worsening of the symptoms, even some new symptoms. No placebo will have that effect, grateful or not. If she had been able to wait, eventually she would have responded with a healing response to that initial dose. Homeopathic remedies work on pre-verbal children, animals and even plants and skeptics.

On 10/13/2011 at 11:40 PM, Shanti said:

I posted in my Spiritual Forum today asking what people thought about how Homeopathy works. I had the idea since it's an energy imprint, that maybe it works for some people with open minds, but doesn't work for people with closed minds. Kind of like how Reiki and other energy work will work. Idk. Just some food for thought.

It works on pre-verbal babies, animals, plants and even skeptics. do they all have open minds?

On 10/12/2011 at 5:22 PM, Shanti said:

If anyone tries any of these and it works, or doesn't work, can you please let me know? I'm afraid it might be just me, but I hope not. I have my whole website about these remedies and I'd like to hear some feedback if there is any. Thank you!

Please dont advise people to treat themselves with homeopathy, except for minor acute (self-limiting) conditions.  Homeopaths have a huge body of knowledge about these remedies and dont prescribe them lightly. Treating someone for a chronic condition especially withdrawl is very tricky. Dr Hahnemann said that treating over-drugging is the most difficult. Leave this to professionals.

• Administrator

rrandor, I believe that those of our members who have confidence in homeopathy know that it's advisable to work with a trained homeopath.

Other than that, do you have any suggestions or observations for our members who are experiencing difficulty going off psychiatric drugs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes, I already suggested that everyone seek out all the various natural approaches to health care. Homeopathy is just one of many. Chinese medical practitioners and naturopaths can do testing that will highlight which body systems need to be balanced, and provide methods for balancing them. There are many methods for detoxifying the liver and kidneys which bare the brunt of the chemical assault. LET Medical has released a new Scenar-Cosmodic 735 3X which they say is particularly effective at detoxifying. I have used the 2x version which is an amazing healing instrument. Vipassana meditation and other forms of meditation can help regulate the parasympathetic (healing) nervous system.  Always get referrals for practitioners.

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2019 at 8:55 PM, rrandor said:

It works on pre-verbal babies, animals, plants and even skeptics. do they all have open minds?

@rrandor have you had experience with using homeopathy to test akathisia? 

Aug 2004 - Dec 2006: Aropax ( 20mg - 30mg). Aug 2007: Fluoxetine (for 3 weeks).

Sept 07 - July 12: Lexapro ( 10mg - 20mg). Pooped out July 12. Titrated down off Lexapro over 3 weeks and switched to Paroxetine (with Xanax to cover switch for 2 weeks).

Aug 2012 - Aug 2019: Paroxetine (titrated up to 20mg in first few weeks,, dose reduced to 15mg . for 7 years until it 'pooped out'.

4th Aug 2019 - Reduced dose of paroxetine to 10mg (for 1 day) - under phychiatrists directions. Last dose of paroxetine.

5th Aug 2019 - Switch to 15mg Mirtazapine.

5th Aug - 15th Aug 2019 - 15mg Mirtazapine plus intermitent use of Lorazapm (0.25- 0.5 . Also used 12.5mg Quetiapine for 3 nights for sleep.

23rd Aug 2019 - Ended up in crisis team. Mirtazapine increased to 30mg. Diazapam 10mg twice daily.

30th Aug 2019 - Mirtazapine 30mg + Diazapam reduced to 7.5mg twice daily

6th Sept 2019 - Mirtazapine 30mg + Diazapam reduced to 5mg twice daily

13th Sept 2019 - Mirtazapine increased to 45mg. Diazapam increased back up to 10mg twice daily.

20th Sept - 29th Sept 2019: Mirtazapine 45mg. Diazapam being reduced from 10mg down to 0mg this week (in 2mg increments couple of days).

30th Sept - Thursday 3rd Oct 2019: Mirtazapine 45mg. WORST ANXIETY EVER. Akathisia. Couldn't stay still. Suicidal idealization.

Friday 4th October - present: Reduced from 45mg to 30mg (straight drop to alleviate akathisia - reduction definitely helped alot but still not gone completely)

, Vit B6, Curcumin, Magnesium (no adverse effects from adding these supplements - have helped akathisia somewhat).

* Everything done from 23rd August under care of outpatient crisis team management.

Untitled document.docx

On 2/15/2020 at 11:55 AM, cathnz said:

@rrandor have you had experience with using homeopathy to test akathisia? 

Sorry that should have said "treat'

Sept 07 - July 12: Lexapro ( 10mg - 20mg). Pooped out July 12. Titrated down off Lexapro over 3 weeks and switched to Paroxetine (with Xanax to cover switch for 2 weeks).

Aug 2012 - Aug 2019: Paroxetine (titrated up to 20mg in first few weeks,, dose reduced to 15mg . for 7 years until it 'pooped out'.

4th Aug 2019 - Reduced dose of paroxetine to 10mg (for 1 day) - under phychiatrists directions. Last dose of paroxetine.

5th Aug - 15th Aug 2019 - 15mg Mirtazapine plus intermitent use of Lorazapm (0.25- 0.5 . Also used 12.5mg Quetiapine for 3 nights for sleep.

23rd Aug 2019 - Ended up in crisis team. Mirtazapine increased to 30mg. Diazapam 10mg twice daily.

13th Sept 2019 - Mirtazapine increased to 45mg. Diazapam increased back up to 10mg twice daily.

20th Sept - 29th Sept 2019: Mirtazapine 45mg. Diazapam being reduced from 10mg down to 0mg this week (in 2mg increments couple of days).

30th Sept - Thursday 3rd Oct 2019: Mirtazapine 45mg. WORST ANXIETY EVER. Akathisia. Couldn't stay still. Suicidal idealization.

Friday 4th October - present: Reduced from 45mg to 30mg (straight drop to alleviate akathisia - reduction definitely helped alot but still not gone completely)

, Vit B6, Curcumin, Magnesium (no adverse effects from adding these supplements - have helped akathisia somewhat).

* Everything done from 23rd August under care of outpatient crisis team management.

Untitled document.docx

Shanti, this is horrible dangerous advice. Would you recommend someone go to WebMD, decide what their symptoms are, and then start taking a medicine based on what they discovered? Crazy! Equally crazy to start treating yourself for a chronic condition with homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic software has been out for decades. But like all computer software: garbage in, garbage out.

Even if someone discovered a remedy that seemed to help, managing the case is at least as important or more so. The famous homeopathy, James T. Kent, wrote an article on how to follow up on a prescribed remedy. He lists about a dozen possibilities that might occur each requiring a different response by the homeopath.

The Homeopath has to be an objective observer identifying _what happened and then _how to respond to what happened. The patient is like the fish in the tank who cant see the water, not able to be objective about their own symptoms. I have had _numerous_ clients start on a remedy and think its not working at first, when to me it is apparent that it is working and given more time they agree.

I met a woman in a health food store who had been treating her son successfully for warts, with Thuja. But, she said, "Now he is acting weird!" I told her "Stop giving him the remedy!! It has done all it can do and now he is starting to "prove" the remedy." Cause new symptoms. When I was a newbie homeopath I went to India where I caught malaria. I tried to treat myself and took Belladonna repeatedly, thinking it was working because every morning I would wake up feeling well. Malaria typically has a 24 hour cycle. By afternoon I felt bad again. Finally I went to a Homeopathic MD who said I had been proving Belladonna, which CAUSED new symptoms, primarily a severe headache. He gave me the right remedy and I was completely cured in 3 days.

Taking the wrong remedy repeatedly will Cause new or changed symptoms which can become permanently engrafted if the remedy is taken too long. A homeopathic proving is where volunteers take an unknown remedy repeatedly and when it starts Causing symptoms they have never had before they Stop taking it. These new symptoms are recorded carefully as long as they persist and develop. It is causing the symptoms that the same remedy will cure in a sick person. Like cures Like.

I recommend people treat themselves for mild acute conditions and for serious acute conditions on the way to professional care, but self-treatment for chronic conditions is stupid and dangerous.

Hi Cathnz, I have not personally treated someone with akathisia. I just did a search in my repertory (list of generalized symptoms) for "involuntary" as in Involuntary motion and it listed 530 symptoms. So this condition has been treated successfully in many many individuals.

That said, if you have been taking drugs that caused these symptoms for a long time, it may be difficult to see good recovery from a homeopathic remedy. It might be best to start with detox and nutrition for a while before trying homeopathy.

Homeopathic treatment is such that someone doesnt need experience in a particular allopathic "disease" in order to treat it well. Almost all homeopaths are generalists. They see everything. Its the same process no matter what the allopathic "disease" is called.

Can anyone on this thread update me about how they went using homeopathy. Supps seem too much for me. Homeopathy might be better. 

Untitled document.docx

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 1:35 PM, rrandor said:

Hi Cathnz, I have not personally treated someone with akathisia. I just did a search in my repertory (list of generalized symptoms) for "involuntary" as in Involuntary motion and it listed 530 symptoms. So this condition has been treated successfully in many many individuals.

That said, if you have been taking drugs that caused these symptoms for a long time, it may be difficult to see good recovery from a homeopathic remedy. It might be best to start with detox and nutrition for a while before trying homeopathy.

Homeopathic treatment is such that someone doesnt need experience in a particular allopathic "disease" in order to treat it well. Almost all homeopaths are generalists. They see everything. Its the same process no matter what the allopathic "disease" is called.

@rrandor...

What is your experience with using a homeopathic remedy made up of the old medication long after WD (so I withdrew from paxil 8 months ago).

Also, if I was experiencing a side effect from my current medication (Mirtazapine), would a homeopathic remedy of Mirtazapine help with these side effects? 

Untitled document.docx

Hi CathNZ,

Taking the substance/medicine that caused the problem is not practicing homeopathy. Everyone responds differently to an "assault". You have to take a remedy that is appropriate to your response. And I would not try to self-treat for a chronic condition. Did you ever contact Dr Roz?

• 1 year later...

"Homeopathic help please"

Hi,

My wife is trying liquid Amethyst 30C.

It may be coincidental but she thinks it may have increased her agitation.

Does anyone have any experience with this formula, or any other Homeopathic formula, and can comment on positive or negative experiences?

Thank you,

Duffer

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

• 2 years later...

Can anyone who is into homeopathy check this and tell me if this could help us??

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2010049943A2/en

01/2017-12/2022 ~6 Years on Generic Escilitopram (5mg-20mg) because of repetitive panic attacks and anxiety that lead to depression. My tapering was not tapering as I read here. I consider it CT because of wrong directions of docs, I went from 20mg to 5mg in a short amount of time and then jumped to 0mg.

•01/07/23 Took maca root powder for pssd for 4 days only which I think worsened my symptoms a lot.(Not sure if that was the cause or what came was supposed to come)
•15/07/23-01/08/23 Prebagalin) 2x50mg

01/08/23 - 05/08/23.  75x50mg

06/08/23 - 18/08/23 2x75mg an then reduced 19/09/23 - 23-09 to 75x50mg 

24/09/23 - 1/12/23 2x50mg.

1/12/22- ongoing  2x45mg( on first week of December happened a mistake in liquid I made and took 4  times double dose  )

15/01/24 -  ongoing occasional 5mg  diazepam for anxiety.

• Moderator Emeritus

It says "the brain reviver" regenerates the brain cells (neurons) and ultimately all the brain functions".  It sounds like something derived from walnuts? 

Personally, I'm skeptical about this.  In our experience here, the thing that cures withdrawal is lots of time, and natural self care.  We have seen many supplements and treatments that purport to cure brain destabilization, and the vast majority either don't work, or make things worse.  

If you do try it, I suggest you start with a very low dose to see how it affects you.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

I just found it on internet, don't know if it works,i don't even have it.

01/2017-12/2022 ~6 Years on Generic Escilitopram (5mg-20mg) because of repetitive panic attacks and anxiety that lead to depression. My tapering was not tapering as I read here. I consider it CT because of wrong directions of docs, I went from 20mg to 5mg in a short amount of time and then jumped to 0mg.

•01/07/23 Took maca root powder for pssd for 4 days only which I think worsened my symptoms a lot.(Not sure if that was the cause or what came was supposed to come)
•15/07/23-01/08/23 Prebagalin) 2x50mg

01/08/23 - 05/08/23.  75x50mg

06/08/23 - 18/08/23 2x75mg an then reduced 19/09/23 - 23-09 to 75x50mg 

24/09/23 - 1/12/23 2x50mg.

1/12/22- ongoing  2x45mg( on first week of December happened a mistake in liquid I made and took 4  times double dose  )

15/01/24 -  ongoing occasional 5mg  diazepam for anxiety.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy