Reincarnation Anyone?

tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi basil,

Funny, I was thinking about that earlier today. Sometimes I think too much...LOL..

I know a couple that had a baby recently, he was born with a rare disease that causes his skin to get blisters all over. He was born into a sort of 'rough' family, if you know what I mean. I wondered if he was a terrible person in a past life.

I have always been tender hearted and tried to help people, then got taken advantage of. I can't be mean to people, I never could. Lately, I've had a few very mean thoughts, though! Not concerning anyone here, just someone I helped in a big way and was, ultimately, betrayed by. This person was doing me so wrong the whole time I was helping her. I gave her a home, bought everything she needed, even though it meant I had to sacrifice my own needs.

She was stealing from me and I've realized more and more things that she took, lately. I knew some things as it was going on. She was even stealing SOMAS outta my pill box. I finally started locking my bedroom door and she got ready to move out.

Thanks to me, however, she has a very good job. She has a very nice home, she has a great life! I used to think she was so sweet and could do no wrong. I don't wish anything bad on her but I can't help wondering...sigh...

I sure hope you and I get rewarded for having good hearts! It really doesn't seem fair! It does make me wonder if I was a bad person in a past life and that's why I'm going through so much hell now. Oh Lord, I don't want to ever do anything wrong again!

I'm still blessed, though. I'm not rich but I'm not really poor. I have a decent home and car, etc...I have plenty to eat and I can get my meds, I can't complain in those areas. It's just that I've never had many trustworthy friends.

I'm a super loyal person and I expect others to return that loyalty but it doesn't happen. I think I have SUCKER written on my forehead and back. Why do I always end up getting so hurt and betrayed?!?!?

Sorry for the rant, this was just one of the issues I've been struggling to let go of.

• Moderator Emeritus

Trust me Tezza, you are DEFINITELY a good person and you deserve all the happiness and success in the world.

I don't think there'd be a person on this forum who wouldn't agree with me on this point.

As for the whole Karma thing - well, the theory is that we have ALL been 'bad' people throughout many lifetimes (I'm talking thousands upon thousands). We have all stolen, murdered, deceived. We have all been each others mothers, fathers siblings, pets, etc....over and over again. Each time something good happens to us we are reaping the rewards of our past karma. Likewise, each time we experience suffering we are burning karmic seeds of the past.

If you sat down with a Buddhist teacher and tried to unravel the knots of karma though, they would tell you 'don't even try - it's far too complicated!' :)

All you can do is what you're doing right now - live in accordance with your own values.

In any case my favourite saying is 'how other people treat me is their karma; how I react is mine'.

Your former friend, while she may seem to be happy on the surface, is truly struggling. Think about it; when you're truly happy, what do you want for other people? Nothing but happiness, that's what. Happy people don't lie for their own benefit or manipulate others. It's just not in their nature.

As for friends...well you have me, and I'm very loyal and trustworthy:)

xx

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you basil! I will hold onto you! I believe you because I can feel what you are saying.

Everything you said makes sense and I feel better about it, not that I want her to be unhappy. I don't wish unhappiness on anyone.

You definitely know a lot about this. I've just, in the last few years, begun to accept the fact that we have all been here before. I've always been a Bible believer but didn't realize that it's actually talked about in the Bible. Someone posted links to the scriptures in an earlier message.

I had already thought about those scriptures having this meaning. Others believe reincarnation is Biblical too.

I never thought I had been a murderer, thief or any of that but I suppose we have all been everything as you said.

I need to get some books and read up.

Thank you!

• Moderator Emeritus

No worries!

I was raised Catholic but started to look to the Buddhist teachings only in the last 5 years. They help me enormously.

I think many religions are so swallowed up by dogma that we forget the true messages of all the great spiritual teachers of our time. It's only when we go back to the source that we see they've actually all got a lot in common!

Hugs to you my friend

xx

February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

PS:

I've had a past life regression - it was fascinating!

Basil/Tezza there is a CD by Dr. Brian Weiss which goes thru a guided regression session. I heard a small amount of it and I really liked it.

I don't know if I believe in reincarnation. It's fascinating. I am Catholic and I choose to believe that there is a Heaven and when we pass on we "all meet again." That gives me comfort.

When I have had to put down a dog, I always whisper that to them, "We will meet again" and someday I really want to see them again along with others.

Nikki

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure either Nikki.

But I definitely believe in Karma. I find it impossible to believe that there's nothing after this life.

• Moderator Emeritus

None of us can say with certainty what happens to our spirit after death. We can only speculate. There are SOME truths among the different religions.

Nikki, I believe there is a Heaven, too. I believe in the Judgement, I believe in the Bible. The Bible has been translated many times and certain parts have been omitted, as Rhi stated earlier, in this thread.

I don't say anyone is right or that anyone is wrong, concerning this subject because we simply can't know for sure.

My thoughts: we may go to Heaven, stay for a time, but in Heaven, time cannot be measured - then it's possible our 'spirit' may be reborn into a new life. The Bible says that John the Baptist came in "the spirit and power of Elijah". There are other passages in the Bible that would lead me to think reincarnation is a real possibility. These are just 'my thoughts' and I'm not trying to persuade any to change their own thoughts.

I believe in karma, too; it goes along with the Bible - "Whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap". My daddy used to always say, "What goes around, comes around".

I definitely don't believe our spirit dies when our body dies. Neither do I believe our beloved pet's does either. Maybe after we have learned all we need to know or all we can humanly perceive, we get promoted and don't come back to an earthly realm, I don't know.

Nikki, I do know God is real and I believe in Him as the "Higher Power" too. We can't comprehend exactly who or what God is, except the Bible says He is a spirit. He is love and all good things come from Him. He cares for us and takes care of us.

We are not supposed to judge others because of things they do or things they believe. It's been said on this site MANY times, "Everyone is different", this applies all over the board. As I said, these are my thoughts.

God has given me so much love and compassion, in my heart, for others. I love people that I don't like, if you can understand what I mean.

Love and hugs to all!

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled onto it today and what Shanti wrote here gave another layer of meaning (for me) to this whole withdrawal experience. I have dream-like, shadowy memories of past lives, but of course it could just be my imagination. I'm not sure what I believe these days, but the fact that its a possibility and there is some logic in it.... well, I found it helpful.

I actually don't want to come back, so I'm working on getting off the karma/ reincarnation cycle (Samsara). You eventually come to a point where you've balanced all your karma and you stop reincarnating on this plane. I'm not quite sure where you go from here, but I know it's better, as the Samsara is life-death-life-death.... and I'm tired of the death part, and the karma part. The only reason we even reincarnate is because of karma. So the trick is to balance the karma you've made in the past and stop making anymore. Then you won't have to come back. The ironic good news is that we've balanced a lot of karma going through this w/d hell.

I don't want to come back either, I feel like I've done this way too many times already.  If this withdrawal gets me closer to not having the eternal part of me (if that actually exists) having to go through any more human experiences here on this planet, then it makes it slightly easier to accept.

I'm trying really hard to go through this as gracefully as possible and not harm anyone else in the process.  It gets so difficult at times that I just don't want to be alive, its too much to endure, but on some level I know I'm here for a reason and if I end this life, in order to escape the painful experience, then I'm not only hurting other people and creating more karma, but I'm avoiding what I'm here for and so would probably have to come back again and start over, maybe something even worse next time. 

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 4 weeks later...

I must come back (pardon the pun) and read this thread properly.  I believe in reincarnation and have had a past-life regression.  I also find that it helps me to cope with this life. By that I mean my belief that we come here to learn certain lessons.  If we don't learn this time around we will have to come back.  I certainly hope I 'graduate' this time around.  With Honours! lol

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

I read many near-death experiences, and a lot of them mention reincarnation. Like in many cases of suicides, people are told they would have to come back to earth and relive all their trials and difficulties that led them to suicide all over again. I read one person mention that they were told during the NDE that they've killed themselves several times over and keep having to relive the same life.

That sounds kinda annoying to me. I dunno what to be believe about NDEs. I do believe people aren't lying about their experiences, but I do wonder what the heck the NDEs really are. They seem to be tailored to individual's religion sometimes, but other times not... conservative Christians might visit hell and be told this is where Michael Jackson is spending eternity, while atheists get to meet a loving God who tells them God loves everyone unconditionally and all is dandy.

-On SSRI since April 2006.
-December 2007: SSRI discontinuation and withdrawal start.
-February 2008: SSRI reinstatement... improvement, yet withdrawal symptoms remains to this day.
-Currently taking: 16mg Citalopram, 1mg Risperidone (for insomnia).
-Current issues: obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), insomnia, exaggerated physical symptoms of anxiety, muscle fatigue, weight gain, high prolactin/low testosterone

I had a near-death experience.  I was only 10 years old.  My appendix ruptured while I was on the operating table.

I still don't fully understand what happened to me but I know it was real.  I do know that I was guided towards coming back - I didn't want to - because I had things to do. I also knew it was going to be hard and I often think of that when times get tough.

In case anyone is interested, this is what I experienced:

I was in recovery and felt very heavy and tired.  They kept making me lift body parts when all I wanted to do was go to sleep.  Eventually I did. When I look back and view it through the eyes of an adult, I think I was floating near the ceiling in a corner of the room.  I don't recall looking down.  Then I wasn't anywhere really.  It was just grey and ...  nothing.  I felt an incredible sense of freedom and knew I was not in my body. Yet "I" was still 'me'. Existing as an energy. I then felt drawn towards something and I found myself travelling very quickly.  That could have been the famous tunnel and the light.  I don't know.  I have always believed that I saw and understood a lot more than I'm allowed to remember.  My next memory was of being counselled by two 'men' in white robes.  I now think of them as my guides.  Eventually I agreed that I had to come back.  Next thing I knew I was hovering near the ceiling in the ward where my body had been moved to.  i woke up and was in my body ....

My spiritual beliefs have changed a few times over the course of my life but this is one I hold to.  I don't fully understand it and the context is one that seems to fit best within the concept of reincarnation.  But I know it was real.

Personal history of GAD and 4 melancholic depressive episodes - two treated with Amityptline

Family history of Bipolar Disorder - goes back at least 3 generations

Adult son with autism, ADHD, intellectual disability and Bipolar II

Put on Aropax / Paxil in July 1997 for anther episode.  Decision to stay on it - worst decision of my life.

Began to poop out in late 2008. Switched to Lexapro March 2009.  Made me suicidal.  Tried Cymbalta for 19 days. Horrible w/d.

Found PP and RI'd Aropax at about the same time - August 2009.  Began slow taper in 2010. Crashed in 13-11mg range in mid 2013.  Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct 2013 in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/longing-for-life/id958423649  My book about my unsuccessful journey through IVF

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Shanti's explanation too, Petu, and I also understand what you're saying. I'd like to go to the 'next plane' or wherever we 'graduate' to.

I can't focus well enough to read these days but I read the book, "Many Mansions" by Edgar Cayce, some time ago. It's a VERY good book and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Love and well wishes to ALL!

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I must be 'balancing' a LOT of karma. Someone on here once said that they believed whatever we don't conquer in this lifetime we have to come back and do it over again, if I remember that right. I'm very depressed and life is not appealing to me at all. I don't want to end this life only to have to re-live the hell my life seems to have become.

I'm physically unable to do a lot, which adds to the depression very much, making me feel almost worthless. I've ALWAYS tried to do the 'right thing' and seem to do or say the wrong things most of the time. I feel like I'm the most hated person in the world and don't understand why, what could I have done to live my final days like this....

I've married the same man three times and every time was because of insecurity or need. More out of insecurity the first time and more out of needs the second two times. Financial needs mainly. He'd told me from the beginning (first marriage) I couldn't make it on my own and made sure I couldnt. While divorced he'd take me places I couldn't afford or buy gifts I couldn't afford. I'd make it as long as I could then I'd end up begging him to come back, to marry me again just so I could survive.

I've read that souls tend to re-connect in future lives in some way so I guess if that's true he will be in the future. I don't know how to end the cycle of being 'tied' to his soul because I still DEPEND on him for just about everything. When I first began to consider reincarnation I didn't think it was too bad but now it seems very cruel. I tried SO HARD to make it on my own and hate myself for letting his words be true.

He even told me I'd end up having a nervous breakdown "just like my mother". I did, and more than once but was only hospitalized once because the other times it occurred I just suffered thru until somehow I'd get past it and be able to pretend I was okay. I've never really been "okay" and now I blame myself for the problems my children have. If I'd gotten help when I was very young maybe their lives wouldn't be so dysfunctional. So I can't help but wonder what karma I've created for any future lives.

I can feel the misery in your voice and I feel deeply for you Tezza.

One thing I am not sure you may have considered is that the whole notion of 'reincarnation' is a man-made construct and even if it IS actually the way of the world and the gospel TRUTH, it is far more complex and far-reaching than just one or 2 lifetimes (or 3 marriages). It is not even mentioned in the bible for very good reason (but that is straying into theology and history and deeper subjects). I think you are torturing yourself unnecessarily with this and it is not helpful to your mental well being. Believing in some stuff is not always good for completing the lessons we have set out for ourselves in this ONE lifetime. Far better to concentrate on living well and with kindness and compassion than to worry about 'karma'.

Is there any other way you can begin to look at this where it is not so harmful to you? I can think of many ways but it would do no good to tell you what I see for you must discover your own truths.

I have really missed you and was so pleased to see a note from you, even one as 'down' as this. The fact that you are exploring this says a lot for you and nothing much good about your partner. But then, we, as second hand observers, don't know the whole story. Nor do we need to for us to love you just as you are.

Be well, sweetie!

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, CW... I am just very depressed and can't seem to crawl out of the deep dark place I am in. As for my partner, he is hard to understand or get to know. He can be nice or at least seem nice, I'm not sure. He is the nicest when I'm at my lowest. He can also be very mean. Thing is, he is the only 'family' I've had since the children grew up. He made me depend on him from our first marriage when I was barely 16 years old.

By that I mean he wouldn't allow me to finish school or get a job. I was given his check to pay bills and get groceries, then give him the remaining money back. I had to account for every penny that wasn't returned to him. It didn't bother me, it was just the way it was. When we got the second divorce, he came in one evening with a 'plan' he'd written down. All the money was his, all vehicles his but he'd let me use one, he knew I didn't go anywhere much anyway.

I wish this life was over, I really am miserable even though for the most part we exist without a lot of turmoil. We just don't communicate much. I feel so alone and very hopeless. Every time I've tried to be positive, something awful will happen immediately.

I've been reading about reincarnation off and on for a while. I do think it's a real possibility. I believe it was taught in the early 'church' but several books were omitted from the Bible and from translations. I don't even know exactly what I believe anymore. I've read that depression is anger turned inward so I must be very angry with myselfs.

I try to be kindhearted and so on and so forth because I know what goes around comes around. I've always loved helping others any way I could so I don't understand what I'm 'paying' for unless it is from a previous life. Of course I've made mistakes and bad choices in this life when I wasn't exactly myself but thought I had done more good deeds than bad.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words, you are all very special to me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Tezza, you are not being punished for anything. You are being controlled and that is not your fault. You are a lovely, kind person and don't deserve any of this. 

You are very well thought of here and those of us who have known you for years are very fond of you,  

Keep coming here and talk to us, we are here for you. 

((( Huge squishy Mamma hugs )))

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you mP,

I love you ALL very much, just as if I know you personally, though we've never actually met. I've been controlled so long that I don't know any other way.

Thank you for the squishy hugs and many {{{{hugs}}}} back to you!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy