If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#37 GardeniaBlossom

GardeniaBlossom

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

dissociation

After being on (over 25) psychiatric meds continuously during a 16 year period, I began in July 2014 to taper off 1mg Klonopin. In September 2014, I came off Brintellix, Trazadone, Zoloft, Proprityline & Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks on my own without knowledge on how to taper properly. I've been off all psych "meds" since 10/2014 and am currently experiencing protracted withdrawal.

Medication history: Vibryd, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Prozac, Xanax, Celexa, Cymbalta, Trileptal, Lamictal, Abilify, Zoloft, Trazadone, Citalopram, Effexor, Seroquel, Klonopin, Paxil, Brintellix, Protriptyline, Lexapro, Pristiq, Buspar, Clonidine, Lorazepam, Notriptyline, Hydroxyzine, Serzone.

Introduction: http://bit.ly/1SIxWwl.

#38 Laura1981

Laura1981

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

loss of caring for others, even family

obsessiveness

complete absence of motivation

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.o...g-no_src-no_msg

#39 Dan998

Dan998

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationUK.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

• I constantly think about my life before meds.
  • Grieving for the person that I used to be. 
  • Difficulty with language and comprehension.
  • Inability to concentrate.

2001: 20mg paroxetine for anxiety and depression
2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg

#40 DLB

DLB

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

Wow Dan, I constantly think about me before meds too and I grieve for the person I was too but it is ever so slowly coming back so have hope.....

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.
1/01/15 - .75 mg.
1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...
2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!
3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!
4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." And I'm using small text..
4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 😃👍👍👍

#41 Laura1981

Laura1981

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

Me too.... I look at old pictures and cry....

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

#42 a99

a99

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Locationnorth africa

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

impaired short term memory

horrible DR/DP

sky high anxiety

ruminating thoughts

On and off prozac from 2010 -2014 .

Several failed fast tapers and reinstatements .

Cold turkey : March  2014 .

#43 Addax

Addax

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Laura, Westcoast, Gardinia, Dan, DLB, and a99, thank you for contributing to this list. Hopefully there will be more contributions and of course if you think of others add them.

Feeling as though the pre-medicated person is lost... Grief. That's one I hadn't thought of in terms of grief until now, but it's definitely something I've read about repeatedly in people's threads.
1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg to treat an eating disorder. Several unsuccessful attempts to discontinue.Fall 2012: Failed attempt to discontinue then -> 40mg Prozac and added 150mg Wellbutrin.Late summer 2013:Began slower Prozac taper.Spring 2014:Got to 10mg Prozac, 75mg of Wellbutrin -April 2014: 9mg Prozac & 37.5mg Wellbutrin 2x/day -> 9mg Prozac & 25 mg Wellbutrin 2x/day->9mg Prozac 1x/day & ~8mg Wellbutrin 2x/day -> 8.1mg Prozac, 0 WellbutrinSept '14: 8.1mg Prozac -> crashed hardOct '14: 10mg ProzacNov '14: 20mg -> 30mgDec '14: 30mg, Feb 10: 27mg. Mar 7: 25mg Mar 21, 2015: 20mg. May 21, 2016: 20mg and holding strong.

My experience: http://rxisk.org/ant...a-prozac-story/

#44 westcoast

westcoast

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

"complete absence of motivation" <--- Laura said

yes.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

#45 Addax

Addax

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:28 AM

This complete absence of motivation I experienced last fall. For me it wasn't part of depression. It wasn't like, I dont "feel" like doing... Whatever. It was not feeling at all. Numb. Intellectually I knew I should do it, but that was the extent of it. Even eating and showering. It wasn't that I didn't feel like doing them. I just didn't feel anything about them and didnt do them. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
1988-2012: Prozac @ 60mg to treat an eating disorder. Several unsuccessful attempts to discontinue.Fall 2012: Failed attempt to discontinue then -> 40mg Prozac and added 150mg Wellbutrin.Late summer 2013:Began slower Prozac taper.Spring 2014:Got to 10mg Prozac, 75mg of Wellbutrin -April 2014: 9mg Prozac & 37.5mg Wellbutrin 2x/day -> 9mg Prozac & 25 mg Wellbutrin 2x/day->9mg Prozac 1x/day & ~8mg Wellbutrin 2x/day -> 8.1mg Prozac, 0 WellbutrinSept '14: 8.1mg Prozac -> crashed hardOct '14: 10mg ProzacNov '14: 20mg -> 30mgDec '14: 30mg, Feb 10: 27mg. Mar 7: 25mg Mar 21, 2015: 20mg. May 21, 2016: 20mg and holding strong.

My experience: http://rxisk.org/ant...a-prozac-story/

#46 Laura1981

Laura1981

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

This complete absence of motivation I experienced last fall. For me it wasn't part of depression. It wasn't like, I dont "feel" like doing... Whatever. It was not feeling at all. Numb. Intellectually I knew I should do it, but that was the extent of it. Even eating and showering. It wasn't that I didn't feel like doing them. I just didn't feel anything about them and didnt do them. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Sounds totally familiar for me. I had never in my life problems motivating myself. Just now. I know I should submit sick certs to work, send the bills to the health insurance, take care of my disability process. But I don't care. I just can't get myself to do it. It doesn't even phase me that my bank account will be empty pretty soon. I hope this will subside soon, otherwise I will be bankrupt.

#47 Prestorb

Prestorb

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

Complete lack of motivation and depression much of the time, then something will trigger a switch to the other extreme - emotional overload, crying, etc... I try to see this as progress because I am "feeling", it is just highly unregulated. Maybe the other extreme is my brains way of protecting me from overwhelming emotions all of the time. I can appreciate this, even though both ends of the spectrum are challenging in their own ways.

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety
2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression
2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep
1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness
2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD
2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING
3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero)
4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!)
4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16

Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue (WD basically disappeared in July 2015 until start of taper, May 2016)

#48 westcoast

westcoast

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:28 AM

I found an interesting diagnosis in ICD-10. I wonder if they made it for post-AD syndrome. I googled but haven't found its origin yet. I hope it isn't a thread hi-jack. It doesn't all ring true, but some of it does.

Enduring personality change after psychiatric illness

Personality change, persisting for at least two years, attributable to the traumatic experience of suffering from a severe psychiatric illness. The change cannot be explained by a previous personality disorder and should be differentiated from residual schizophrenia and other states of incomplete recovery from an antecedent mental disorder.

-This disorder is characterized by an excessive dependence on and a demanding attitude towards others;

-conviction of being changed or stigmatized by the illness,

-leading to an inability to form and maintain close and confiding

-personal relationships and to social iso-lation

-passivity, reduced interests, and diminished involvement in leisure activities;

-persistent complaints of being ill, which may be associated with hypochondriacal claims and illness behaviour;

-dysphoric or labile mood, not due to the presence of a current mental disorder or antecedent mental disorder with residual affective symptoms;

-and longstanding problems in social and occupational functioning.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

#49 Laura1981

Laura1981

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:47 AM

Arghhhh... misdiagnosis made it into the DSM... that so doesn't surprise me

#50 Marta

Marta

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:51 AM

• wake up in total anxiety/terror
  • can't cry, laugh, scream, love....just a zombie wit hell inside, trying to do things
  • go to bed with total anxiety/terror
  • I want my old life back!!!! :(

Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can SURVIVE!06/2012 - 02/2015 CIPRALEX 10mg (for master degree last year deep stress and abdominal pain somatization) 02/2015 - 04/2015 tapering from 10mg to 0mg for 4/3 weeks FREE feeling totally "normal" then SUDDENLYnever-had-before huge anxiety, burning skin sensation, painc, fear, not able to cry, never-had-before insomnia, totally lost appetite, little loss of vision in one eye, sweating, chest pain, short breath, restlessness, accelerated heartbeat for ONE MONTH ZERO IMPROVEMENT30/05/2015 CAN'T bear anymore => reinstated 8mg 06/2015 same symptoms (my GP gave me also benzo for anxiety but I threw them away) 07/2015 same, few tiny improvemets 08/2015 general improving + trying a phosphate supplement (LOW dose) 09/2015 quite stable (supplement finished, no effect) 10/2015 start tapering 7mg 11/2015 6mg 12/2015 5mg 1/2016 4mg 2/2016 4mg 3/2016 3mg (hopefully) ->fail back to 4mg AGAIN....8/2016 3mg stable<p>

#51 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationRaglan, New Zealand

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Instead of printing a new symptom page to fill out each day, here's what I do: 

I use a large, lined book (like a school book).  I typed up then printed all the symptoms listed in the symptom-checklists, plus other ones personal to me.  I glue this in a column down the left side of the page. 

Then I rule it up so I can record symptoms daily for one month, by giving each symptom I've had a score out of 9.  1=barely felt it, 9=awful.  I fill it in each morning (to record the night's symptoms) and each evening (to record the day's symptoms).  Then I add up my score each day and write it at the bottom of that day's column, and under that I write one of these words:  Awful, bad, blah, ok, good, great.  Then I make a note of anything that may have affected the score e.g. getting my period, stress due to outside circumstances, too much exercise. 

At the end of each month I transfer each daily score to a line graph. 

I've found it really valuable for working out how I'm going, what I can expect, and whether I really have been settled long enough to try another dose-reduction.  Seeing the up-down line can be very reassuring as it's a clear picture that things do get worse and better again.  Trends are easier to spot.

I also like being able to see a whole month at a glance. 

2010 May Fluoxetine 20mg. Raging mostly stops, become more functional.
2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

#52 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:35 PM

Hi KarenB (nice to meet you in "person"),

I've only just found this list because of your post.  The list is excellent, and your ideas are great too.

We could also just enter it into an Excel spreadsheet with the same idea and viola!!! you can then make a chart or graph with no problems.

Thanks KarenB.

CC

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 25mg (from 21 April 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

I've still got a way to go ... but I've already come a long way!!!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#53 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:44 PM

Excel, yes, someone who's good at technical stuff could easily do that.  I am very good with a pen and ruler :blush:.  

Is nice to meet you too - I've seen you popping up on threads all round this site. 

KarenB

2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

#54 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

Done (I'm a typist!!! and love doing this type of stuff).

Okay, it's attached.  Let me know if you think it needs adjustment.

I've managed to get it to print over 4 landscape pages.

CC

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 25mg (from 21 April 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

#55 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

Wow you're quick.  I can type, but get nervous around setting things up like that. 

It looks great - is there a way people can add in their own extra symptoms that they have, or does that get tricky? 

If I can do that then I could just print this out and save lots of ruling, even though I have become quite adept at it...

Thanks for all that work CC,

KarenB

#56 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

I started on it just after I posted my first comment about Excel.  And I don't have anything better to do ATM, so it kept me occupied.

Yes you should be able to right click on the left row number and select insert which should insert a row.  Obviously it will end up printing a further 2 pages if you print it out at the size it is.

CC

Edit:  I forgot to say that you are welcome.  It's nice to be able to (I can't think of the word - not reciprocate) but I mean to give back or something like that.  Reciprocate:  To give or take mutually; interchange, so I was right when I didn't know it.  No it wasn't it was CONTRIBUTE.  Now that only took about 15-20 minutes.

Tapering history & graph

#57 peggy

peggy

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

that's a great resource! - thanks you too!

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

#58 dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderators
  • 2,040 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:30 AM

Thank you, that's a great contribution

Dalsaan
Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.
Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.
Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.
Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.
Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).
Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivinganti...ic/2250-dalsaan

#59 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

Everyone is very welcome.  I'll do another one for people who don't have Excel (or feel comfortable using Excel) which they can print out (will be 2 pages with days of the month across the top).

With the Excel version I wanted to Freeze the top row and side columns but I have 2003 and I couldn't find a way to do it.

CC

Tapering history & graph

#60 honingbij

honingbij

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVlaams Brabant, Belgium

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

ChessieCat:

I'm about to start my amitriptyline taper and I was talking to my husband about how to make a simple, but comprehensive spread sheet for daily symptoms. We were batting it around for a bit and then . . . and then, I saw this.

It is perfection and exactly what I was trying for.

Many, many thanks for your generosity in putting it together and sharing it.

honingbij

Drug History:

2004-2005: Tapered off Depakine Chrono, Amitriptline and Topomax that were prescribed for migraine prophylaxis
2005:Tapered off Valium 10 mg
2006-2012: drug free
2012: migraines increased in severity and frequency
2012: Restarted Depakine Chrono [1000 mg] and low dose Amitriptyline
2013: Tapered off Depakine Chrono
2014 – present: 75 mg Amitriptyline [been at this dose for ~1 year]

#61 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

Finally got around to converting the Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Excel Symptoms List to a document for printing off.  I also made up a blank version for people to fill in their own and also added some additional lines to the Excel version (and corrected a typo).

So attached here is monthly:

PDF - with Dr Glenmullen's Symptoms (will print out on 2 x A4 sheets)

PDF - blank version of the above (will print on 1 x A4 sheet)

Please see next post for other Excel version (slightly revised)

CC

Attached Files

Tapering history & graph

#62 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:50 PM

Excel version - Dr Glenmullen's Symptoms List for completing on the computer (slightly revised version of the original I did last year - I added some blank lines and corrected a typo)

CC

Attached Files

Tapering history & graph

#63 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

Thanks CC - you are an organisational machine!! :P

#64 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,980 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

Added Chessie's excellent resources to post #1. Thank you, Chessie.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#65 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the great response.  I enjoy being able to use my creative talents for something so useful.  Although I love challenges there needs to be a purpose.  My combined casual/volunteer work with an organisation which runs workshops helps.  I hope it makes life a bit easier for AD WDers.

Cheers, CC

Tapering history & graph

#66 ingridphoenix

ingridphoenix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

I read the book "Coming off Antidepressants" by Joseph Glenmullen, and I always recommend it to people thinking of tapering, that book was my big lightbulb moment when I suddenly understood what was going on and that I was experiencing withdrawals, it is still available on Amazon and I can really recommend it.

That is an expensive book! I was determined and found 1 copy at abebooks.com

amazon was spendy - lol - but you so highly recommended it, I bought it. Thanks!

Getting off Amitriptyline 25 mg, on 12.5 mg now. 50 mg to 25 mg; Cymbalta 60 mg, currently 30 mg/day for 15 days. Decided to cut open remaining 60 mg capsules and take the little tablets inside. 6 = 30 mg. If need be, I can up the dosage, but aside from a bit of toe pain I am ok.UPDATE: >>>>> Amitriptyline 25 mg 1992- ??? ----- 50 mg until March 21, 2016. 2016 - then 25 mg <<<<<went to 20 mg of Amitriptyline, and down 5 tiny tabs of Cymbalta. (less than 30 mg now. cut Klonopin to 1/4 mg now. Trazadone 50 mg 4/14/16Variety of ADs, Buspar, Effexor, Celexa, Zoloft, Wellbutrin (to quit smoking. Success!) Cymbalta, Klonopin from '95 to present.Norco (Vicodin or Hydrocodone) '92 to 2014 - cold turkey - minor issuesHad 1 day with withdrawal symptoms - dealing mostly with Side Effects. April 7, 2016: now taking Ami 12.5 and Cymbalta 30 mg. (in bead form) still 1/2 mg Klonopin. Melatonin 10 mg (have been for years). 1 Trazadone 50 mg for sleep. Amino Acids, Omega 3,6 and 9 w/DHA. Turmeric and Ibuprofen for pain,Tramadol, 50 mg, as needed (PRN) - take maybe 1 per day for Fibro pain. Had one day of very swollen calves and ankles, one day of lumps on calves, all better. Today the toes, lasted 2 hrs, now gone. Important to note I am getting off these drugs BECAUSE of multiple side effects. BM much better, I have an appetite and crave healthy foods again. More energy, but not nervous. Sleeping great, much easier to rise, ok with 7 hrs/sleep, used to need 9 or 10.No burning toes 2nd day. Doing well so far. 4/14/16. legs, ankles still an issue, but less so. <p>
4/21/16.>>>> went to 4 tablets Cymbalta and 15 mg Ami and cut Klonpin to 1/8.
UPDATE: 5/5/16 - 15 mg Amitriptyline, 3 tablet Cymbalta (there are 12 in a 60 mg capsule,) very little Klonopin, 50 mg Trazadone, 10 mg Melatonin, Inositol and Ashwagandha. Tramadol PRN.
---- feeling great - no addl. symptoms , only 3 times something like you all list here. leg/ankle swelling still an issue, but not so much-----

6/5/2016 - All done, except for Trazadone. 50mg/nt is all. It is next, in a couple of months. No more Tramadol either - that was unintentionally, but hey, I am not complaining. I am using Kratom once or twice daily.

6/13/2016 - 25 mg of trazadone. 
Doctor is happy for me how well this is all going. :) Almost done with it all!!

#67 ingridphoenix

ingridphoenix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:54 PM

wow, you wrote exactly how I was, before i decided to get off the drugs. I used to buy food, then threw it out, uneaten, uncooked, unopened, but rotten, a month later.... 

All this I felt when I was ON the meds. Isn't it so odd how each body reacts differently?

Now I am cleaning up after years of apathy

Getting off Amitriptyline 25 mg, on 12.5 mg now. 50 mg to 25 mg; Cymbalta 60 mg, currently 30 mg/day for 15 days. Decided to cut open remaining 60 mg capsules and take the little tablets inside. 6 = 30 mg. If need be, I can up the dosage, but aside from a bit of toe pain I am ok.UPDATE: >>>>> Amitriptyline 25 mg 1992- ??? ----- 50 mg until March 21, 2016. 2016 - then 25 mg <<<<<went to 20 mg of Amitriptyline, and down 5 tiny tabs of Cymbalta. (less than 30 mg now. cut Klonopin to 1/4 mg now. Trazadone 50 mg 4/14/16Variety of ADs, Buspar, Effexor, Celexa, Zoloft, Wellbutrin (to quit smoking. Success!) Cymbalta, Klonopin from '95 to present.Norco (Vicodin or Hydrocodone) '92 to 2014 - cold turkey - minor issuesHad 1 day with withdrawal symptoms - dealing mostly with Side Effects. April 7, 2016: now taking Ami 12.5 and Cymbalta 30 mg. (in bead form) still 1/2 mg Klonopin. Melatonin 10 mg (have been for years). 1 Trazadone 50 mg for sleep. Amino Acids, Omega 3,6 and 9 w/DHA. Turmeric and Ibuprofen for pain,Tramadol, 50 mg, as needed (PRN) - take maybe 1 per day for Fibro pain. Had one day of very swollen calves and ankles, one day of lumps on calves, all better. Today the toes, lasted 2 hrs, now gone. Important to note I am getting off these drugs BECAUSE of multiple side effects. BM much better, I have an appetite and crave healthy foods again. More energy, but not nervous. Sleeping great, much easier to rise, ok with 7 hrs/sleep, used to need 9 or 10.No burning toes 2nd day. Doing well so far. 4/14/16. legs, ankles still an issue, but less so. <p>
UPDATE: 5/5/16 - 15 mg Amitriptyline, 3 tablet Cymbalta (there are 12 in a 60 mg capsule,) very little Klonopin, 50 mg Trazadone, 10 mg Melatonin, Inositol and Ashwagandha. Tramadol PRN.
---- feeling great - no addl. symptoms , only 3 times something like you all list here. leg/ankle swelling still an issue, but not so much-----

6/5/2016 - All done, except for Trazadone. 50mg/nt is all. It is next, in a couple of months. No more Tramadol either - that was unintentionally, but hey, I am not complaining. I am using Kratom once or twice daily.

#68 ingridphoenix

ingridphoenix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

Sounds totally familiar for me. I had never in my life problems motivating myself. Just now. I know I should submit sick certs to work, send the bills to the health insurance, take care of my disability process. But I don't care. I just can't get myself to do it. It doesn't even phase me that my bank account will be empty pretty soon. I hope this will subside soon, otherwise I will be bankrupt.

Been like this for years ON the meds. Now as I am taking less, I am getting more motivated. very odd. stopping the drugs was my last resort to get over this NotDoingAnythingEver.....
I did not pay bills, and dishes sat for 3 months - amazing science projects, purple and lilac mold anyone? ;)

#69 strawberry17

strawberry17

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationSuffolk U.K

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:22 PM

I read the book "Coming off Antidepressants" by Joseph Glenmullen, and I always recommend it to people thinking of tapering, that book was my big lightbulb moment when I suddenly understood what was going on and that I was experiencing withdrawals, it is still available on Amazon and I can really recommend it.

amazon was spendy - lol - but you so highly recommended it, I bought it. Thanks!

ingridphoenix I am in the UK so I have a feeling it was cheap and readily available here at the time, no idea why it's so expensive in the US.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/

Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. Been on the antidepressant merry go round since November 1998.

#70 ingridphoenix

ingridphoenix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

ingridphoenix I am in the UK so I have a feeling it was cheap and readily available here at the time, no idea why it's so expensive in the US.

I think it is out of print now - so it is rare. I got my copy - it was shipped - so thanks again for recommending it! Can't wait to read it. :)

#71 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,980 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

In the U.S., the book is called The Antidepressant Solution.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#72 SkyBlue

SkyBlue

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, U.S.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

It is an amazing book. I am in the U.S. and got mine used last summer, from Better World Books, I think. Around $4.

It was such a lifesaver. 

Although I wish I had found SA at the same time, it would have been a magical combination.

Long story short: After 18 years on Paxil, "tapered" in July 2015 from 20 to 10 to 5 mg in a month, at doctor's advice. = Essentially a cold-turkey.

*Current*: March: 0.82 mg Paxil. Jan 1:  .88 mg, baby!! …. August 31: Less than 1mg Paxil! ... July 30: 1 mg Paxil! ! ! And 100 mg Zoloft unfortunately!!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Paxil since 1996--anxiety & depression likely caused by (then-undiagnosed) under-eating / eating disorder. 

Rapid "taper" July 2015 and started Zoloft as a "cross-taper". Feb 2016: Found SA!! As of June 2016: Doing 2% cuts (Brassmonkey Slide!). 

Now: fish oil, magnesium; protein; exercise; healthy fats; acupuncture, meditation, & a new doctor.  I am in recovery from an eating disorder!!!  ***Have you had a sleep study?***    *Feel free to message me if I don't respond to a forum thread.*