SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

How to use this site - questions and answers

Altostrata

Nearly 24 hours later and the autosaved content is still available - only in the posting editor window where the post was originally started.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

My autosaved content is now gone forever.

As far as content being saved in the PM post editor, gee, I never tested that one. And never knew there was a full editor for PM's. So I have no idea if content actually gets saved or not

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• 1 month later...

How do I know when members have replied to my post? I introduced myself and asked for support/advice yesterday but don't know if anyone responded...I see in posts that people have conversations and want to participate, but the way the site seems to work is confusing to me.

Username: quitpaxil2015 - Started antidepressants sometime in 1990. Misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but later with thyroid disease in1998 (8 years of being on several different psychiatric meds with several psychiatric hospitalizations). Total thyroidectomy in 1999. At the time, was on 85 mg of Paxil. In 2001, tried to get off Paxil and had car crash due to vertigo and w/d symptoms. Given more psychiatric meds including Prozac and Trazodone to treat SEVERE w/d from Paxil - which is the only reason I still take Paxil. Tried to taper off Paxil again in 2004  - from 25 mg to 20 mg (5 mg cuts) - had to go back on 25 mg on the 10th day of the taper due to inability to function (dizziness, vertigo, motion sickness, crying spells, depersonalization, etc). Currently on Paxil 25 mg and Trazodone 100 mg. Trying to quit Paxil in 2015. April 22, 2015 - Paxil 22.5 mg. May 13, 2015 Paxil 20 mg. June 3, 2015 - Paxil 17.5 mg. June 24, 2015 - Paxil 15 mg. Don't remember  - 12.5 mg. August 5, 2015 - Paxil 10 mg. September 16, 2015 - 7.5 mg (considering going back up - severe anxiety/panic) September 28, 2015 - back up to 10 mg. October 6, 2015  - back up to 15 mg.   :unsure:

• Administrator

At the top of every topic, on the right side, there is a big gray Follow This Topic button. If you can click on it, you will be e-mailed notifications when there are new posts.

To make sure you get these e-mail notices, go to your Settings (click on your name at the upper right of any page) and make sure you have set up your Notification Preferences for "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics."

To see new replies to all topics on the site, click on the View New Content link in the blue bar at the top right of any page.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

The ability to have a custom avatar seems to be broken at this time. I would suggest if you have one currently, don't attempt to change it or you will end up with the default male silhouette. (In my testing what seems to be broken is that images are not uploading).

We have never been able to change our user names, only admin can do that. IP Board software is (I believe) an 'off the shelf' solution for groups wishing to have discussion boards and comes with a feature set which the master user(s) can customize to their liking. Therefore, not all features may be available even though they are listed in the help documentation. Over time, as the software goes through upgrade cycles, things may change. Status updates may be one of those things, present when the group was formed then later abandoned or written out of the software. Alto may or may not wish to comment as to which is the case.

For myself, I like IP Board and have no complaints at this time as to the color of the curtains or the type of chairs in this meeting room. (And I also do not mind people listening at the windows, taking notes and redistributing my content.) I do, however, like things to remain cordial and respectful at all times. When they cease to be, I'll move on. The lack of an avatar is not a deterrent to me remaining a member. Be great if it works again, if it doesn't, it won't break my heart. The only thing I have ever wished different is the signature block. I prefer sigs to be primarily in the default color, font and size and to stick to their supposed 12 line limit. But then that is me.

And things are the way they are because that is the way they are. If I cease to like it (as Alto says) I am free to set up my own site. Some former members have done just that. It takes a lot to keep a site running and have it be a welcoming place for new and old members. Maybe that's why those other sites aren't running anymore, it is a lot of work for some little thanks (and money).

So thanks, Alto, for doing a great job. Things aren't always to my liking but they seem to work out just right in the long run. And I always seem to be able to get the help I need when I need it.

About name changes, it is up to the site's owner and that's fine. There are lots of problems that arise when users change their names.

But the page "your settings" page should be updated to say one cannot change one's own name. Elsewhere it says the software doesn't allow name changes (I forgot where). That does not seem to be the case, based on my trip to IP.Board's help pages. Perhaps that should be corrected too. Not a HUGE deal but I am a stickler. I spent many years working on big web sites in various capacities and one thing I learned was the importance of clarity in site policies. Saves heartache and hassles.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Administrator

Sorry, that's not going to happen.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I found out not long after I signed up here is that I could edit out my city. I put my real one in and felt very uncomfortable about it. So that part is changeable and I think you can edit your birthday too. You can also put an email in there, my profile has my real addy in case anyone ever wants to contact me.

My profile says that the confidential info concerns how I was referred to the site. I would guess that if there is something in your profile you'd rather not be there, PM Alto to have it vaporized.

One thing I found out not long after I signed up here is that I could edit out my city. I put my real one in and felt very uncomfortable about it. So that part is changeable and I think you can edit your birthday too. You can also put an email in there, my profile has my real addy in case anyone ever wants to contact me.

My profile says that the confidential info concerns how I was referred to the site. I would guess that if there is something in your profile you'd rather not be there, PM Alto to have it vaporized.

Thanks once again CW ...can edit city eh..ok i think i might just move out of auckland to Eketahuna then,- yep its a fair dinkum town in this country!

Later ...within the editing time window....

Just moved to Eketahuna! yippee! Great to get out of the city.

I see one can change gender as well....mmmmh ..no comment.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

How do we report a post that might be considered objectionable? I mean ones that do not follow the basic guidelines such as denying protracted withdrawal exists or criticizing members for trying alternative healing methods.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

When you are logged in, beneath each post is the word 'report'.

Find the post you obect to, 'report' it and in the box that comes up when you do, state your reason. It goes to moderation, no one else sees reported posts.

This just caught my eye: a new browser, Vivaldi.

https://www.vivaldi.com

Pastes links very nicely and spell checks too (my beloved ff has gotten lazy again....)

Does not seem to be suffering from the 'copy and paste' featureless feature of IE.

(While I am here, a bit of trivia. Heard on NPR last weekend that WTF is now in the dictionary, Merriam-Webster's, I believe. He11 in handbasket, I say. And get off my lawn!)

Is it possible to delete a thread or post I made as a member? Or is this something only a moderator or administrator can do?

Thanks!

After being on (over 25) psychiatric meds continuously during a 16 year period, I began in July 2014 to taper off 1mg Klonopin. In September 2014, I came off Brintellix, Trazadone, Zoloft, Proprityline & Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks on my own without knowledge on how to taper properly. I've been off all psych "meds" since 10/2014 and am currently experiencing protracted withdrawal.

Medication history: Vibryd, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Prozac, Xanax, Celexa, Cymbalta, Trileptal, Lamictal, Abilify, Zoloft, Trazadone, Citalopram, Effexor, Seroquel, Klonopin, Paxil, Brintellix, Protriptyline, Lexapro, Pristiq, Buspar, Clonidine, Lorazepam, Notriptyline, Hydroxyzine, Serzone.

Introduction: http://bit.ly/1SIxWwl.

PM a mod with the link to the post you wish removed (the link to a specific post is in the upper right corner of each one) with the action you want taken and why.

It behooves everyone to check their posts carefully before posting, you only have one hour to come back and edit one after it is posted. Mods and Admin don't really have the time to keep deleting posts so careful choice of words and topics are very important.

How can I post a link from youtube so it appears as a screen/box instead of as a url address?

After being on (over 25) psychiatric meds continuously during a 16 year period, I began in July 2014 to taper off 1mg Klonopin. In September 2014, I came off Brintellix, Trazadone, Zoloft, Proprityline & Hydroxyzine in 2 weeks on my own without knowledge on how to taper properly. I've been off all psych "meds" since 10/2014 and am currently experiencing protracted withdrawal.

Medication history: Vibryd, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Prozac, Xanax, Celexa, Cymbalta, Trileptal, Lamictal, Abilify, Zoloft, Trazadone, Citalopram, Effexor, Seroquel, Klonopin, Paxil, Brintellix, Protriptyline, Lexapro, Pristiq, Buspar, Clonidine, Lorazepam, Notriptyline, Hydroxyzine, Serzone.

Would you believe I could not figure that one out for the longest time? I was too embarrassed to ask someone to spell it out to me like a 2 year old. But it finally clicked after I did a straight paste into a post after spending an hour in frustration editing the same post over and over. I was shocked that was it all along.

You cannot use the 'link' button in the post editor for that will do just that - post the URL.

Instead what you do is copy the embed link to the vid (or the address to it) by selecting it and then copying it using either the right click method (see my previous postings on how to use this) or else highlight the link and choose 'copy' from the edit menu in your browser, THEN put your cursor into the post editor where you want the vid to go, click it and do a 'paste' (either by right click submenu, browser edit menu or keyboard shortcut [CTRL + V]) and the link automagically appears. When you post the post it is embedded.

If the vid is not there you might be using Internet Explorer and you might want to give it up now - you can't paste anything with it at the moment. Try Firefox, Chrome or Vivaldi.

(I just ran to YT and grabbed a random cat vid and did a CTRL + V after copying the link from the address bar.)

• Administrator

I made a typo in a post. Now it's too late for me to fix it. How can I get it fixed?

Imperfection is part of life. We need to allow ourselves to make mistakes occasionally.

You have one hour after posting to edit that post. Otherwise, a staff member has to edit it.

However, if it's merely a typo, please forgive yourself for the error and do not ask a staff person to fix it. We have enough to do guiding people through withdrawal.

We will edit posts ONLY if they reveal personal information that allows identification of an individual in real life, or if there's some material issue that would endanger someone reading it, such as misstating a dosage amount.

Please respect the time and effort it takes for staff members to counsel people through important stuff and do not sweat the petty stuff. (And "don't pet the sweaty stuff" either -- George Carlin.)

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate you providing that link, cymbaltawithdrawal5600. My question was whether there is

Is there a way to post a file larger than 500KB which wasn't covered in the response you referenced. I'll try and be more specific in the future when I ask a question. For now, I'll assume there is not a way to post a file larger than that. 

Edited by scallywag

And somewhere in all the good information on this site is the advice that if you need to post files larger than your 500kb allotment (for SA is not primarily a file repository) you can upload them to the storage area of your choice and link to them in a post. I have several instances where I have linked to my dropbox to showcase my beadwork.

'My Media' is for managing your current file storage, it is not the mechanism for uploading files.

• Administrator

cymbaltawithdrawal is correct, you could put the large file on a file server such as Dropbox, Mediafire, Box or Google Drive https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=enand post the link on SurvivingAntidepressants.org

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Is there some way to stay timed in for more than ?20min. or so?  If I write a long one......msg. or other.......it frequently gets lost.  I re log in and it is gone.

If not I will pre compose and get some speed typing skills acquired during my convalescence.  :)

Thankyou in advance.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

MMT,

I am not quite sure what problem it is you are describing. To my knowledge, if you do not log out of the site when you close your browser and shut down your computer or log out on your phone, you stay logged in. I was guilty of doing that when I first got here and many times came back to the site to PMs from people who assumed I was visiting the site (because they saw I was signed in) when I was not actually here. To test this I will leave myself logged in and see if I am still here when I come back from work today and will start a partial message but not 'post' it and see if I can finish and post it later.

If you start writing a message and then in the middle of it decide you want to look at another part of the site, it will take you away from your message window and you will appear to lose all of your text and need to start over. But the 'autosave' feature for messages kicks in after 2 minutes (and every 2 minutes after that until you hit 'post' and it saves your text for a bit more than 24 hours, I know this because I checked it out). If you search this topic you will see an explanation of how it works so you can get lost posts back.

Other than those 2 things, I am not sure how I can help you find the answer to your question.

(Case in point: I inadvertently tapped the mouse pad on my keyboard and just now 'disappeared' my message window. I was able to retrieve all the above text up to the words 'Other than those 2 t' and all I had to do was add what was missing.)

• Moderator Emeritus

Maybe it was as simple as checking the box......remember me........when I log in. 

Can't really focus too well tonight.  I'll come back to the issue another time.  Or maybe it was as simple as what I stated above.

Thank you.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes....time is correct.  Briefly posted last night but I did not have problems......Yay!!! 

So maybe my simple rather untechnological computer brain was right?  And yah.....related somehow to my browser and safety features maybe...... as today I had to "remember me" again.  Kind of off on a tangent but it doesn't save the "remember me" after logged off.  Good I guess......maybe prohibits impersonators.

Haven't as yet seen the timer mentioned above to hit......autosave feature.  Will wait 2 minutes now......just to see.

Okay......I see autosave!!!!!  And going to try and post this.......

Thankyou again you co sufferers.  Simple pleasures..... :)  and briefly feeling pretty smart about now.  LOL.

• Moderator Emeritus

I do have a cookie cleaner.  And will try to be more religious about using it.  Regular dinosaur computer.  Firefox.  I think it's all working okay though now thanks.

Oh hey, how do I clear the history or is that the same as cookie clearing?  And probably mercury is just still retrograde or something.......

That's the thing, MMT. You DON'T want to keep using a cookie cleaner if you want 'remember me' to work and keep your log in filled in for you. Everytime you clear the SA cookie where this is stored, you have to type it in all over again. But from your remark above, you say it is not remembering you anyway. There is a custom setting in 'clear history' (I can find it exactly if you need it) that if it is flipped causes 'remember' not to work. There is also an addon that breaks it too.

It appears you have no problems posting right now so it is a moot point. Like I said, the 'remember me' feature has nothing to do with how LONG you stay logged in. There was something else happening with your computer that is not happening now. As long as things are working, there is no sense in fussing with them.

When websites started using supercookies and Flash cookies, I (and many others) gave up on clearing cookies becuse there was no use, the websites developed more potent and persistent ways of following you around. Cookies have plenty of good uses (shopping carts won't work without them) and take up very little space in your computer as does the history file. To clear history you have to look up the instructions for the version of ff you are using and sometimes it can be impossible to find in the newer versions because the menus are now hidden by default.

Post back if you have any other problems and we will go from there.

• 1 month later...

I have created a youtube video on using the site in 'mobile version' and it is in the process of uploading at the moment. I have to leave my computer for a while but while I am gone, and the video finishes loading, I would appreciate comments and suggestions on making it better. It is hard to judge the timings, it is a video created from a powerpoint slide show and I am a fast reader so the individual slide timings may be a bit fast.

Please PM me with suggestions.  The address of the video will be:

(If the video does not appear, then it is still uploading. It should take close to an hour.)

After the video is in its final stage, I will ask a mod to edit this post to remove this text and possibly make it a sticky in this forum.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Is there a reason there is a red BLOCK below the names/dates/times and user names of some of my messenger participants?  What does that mean?  Am I being blocked........are they??

• Administrator

It means they have chosen not to receive personal messages. You will have to address them in topic posts.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to increase the amount of uploaded files to my posts?  I made an error in an earlier post and uploaded the incorrect file, but by the time I realized I made the error, the 2 hour window for editing elapsed, and now the full editor indicates I can only upload a maximum of 13.3kb (which is basically nothing).

Is that it for this user account, or does this get reset after a period of time?

• Administrator

Go to My Settings > Manage Attachments and delete items at will.

hi

I was typing out a reply on fast reply to a message I had been sent, when I looked at my thread to make sure I wasn't repeating things I had already written.  I went back to fast reply and my two hours of typing were gone.  I know auto save shows up in the lower left hand corner at times, but it hasn't this time and I haven't been able to pull up what I had written.  Is there anything I can do ?

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Administrator

Sorry, not that I know of. I would open another browser tab to look back at a thread while typing a reply.

• Moderator Emeritus

This is from Technical Support by MammaP.   Lost posts may turn up in your history if you turn the computer off.

"How to regain lost content. This is already in questions but I thought I would put it in here too as it is a technical issue.  

I typed out a long post then my grandson turned off the computer completely by the off button.   :o . 

I had read somewhere about auto save and tried it. As you are typing it is being saved automatically.  

I restarted the computer, and went to history, I use chrome and you find history by clicking the 3 black lines at the top right of the screen.

Scrolled down to the page I was on, and went to the reply box. There in the bottom left corner it said 'view autosaved content'  I clicked that and

my lost post appeared in a box! Clicked the option to 'restore content' and there it was, as f I had never left it. No more lost posts after typing for ages,

hopefully!"

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I have problems posting pictures from my computer so I use photobucket, upload my photos there then post the URL here. It is a free hosting site and you can store thousands of photos.  http://photobucket.com/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

How can I best use View New Content to see topics with new posts in them?

If you click on View New Content, the link in the upper right corner, you will see all topics with new posts in them.

I've checked out the site and I don't think the order of posts can be changed so they show up from newest to oldest.  However, if you go to the View New Content (top right) after logging in there are options on the left hand side, for example Content I Have Not Read.  I discovered accidentally (just a short whole ago) that if you hover between the Topic Name on the Left and the Replies/Avatar/Last Poster on the Right, an arrow shows up which you can click on.  You then get the option of going to the Last Unread Post, or if you want the very last post, click on the last link just above the condensed version of the last post.  I actually Right Click Open in New Tab so I don't have to keep remembering not to close the window when I have finished.

Then F5 key to refresh the window.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management