SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

How to use this site - questions and answers

Altostrata

• Administrator

How do I change my profile?

• Click on the little downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner.
  • Select My Profile from the list.
  • On the My Profile page, click on the big black button in the upper right labeled "Edit My Profile."
  • You will be able to change all the editable fields in your profile.

Some fields, such as your screen name, require an administrator to change them.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

Good question, Holly.

How do I edit my signature?

• Click on the little downward arrow next to your name in the top right corner.
  • Select My Profile from the list.
  • On the My Profile page, click on the big black button in the upper right labeled "Edit My Profile."
  • On the left, click on the Signature tab. You will be able to change your signature.
  • Click on the Save Changes button when you are done.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

How do I send a personal message within SurvivingAntidepressants.org?

Click on the envelope icon at the top right of every page. It leads to the personal messaging system.

• Administrator

Why can't I see my new post when I click View New Content?

You won't see your own new post in View New Content because the system thinks you've already seen it.

You may wish to bookmark a topic if you want to review it, or click on Follow This Topic at the top right of the topic if you wish to receive notifications of new posts in it.

(View New Content is a link at the top right of every page, in the blue bar.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Send a personal message to a moderator or administrator.

How do I change the forum topic name that I started as well as my username? I did not know that my content could be searchable from the website search engines.  Hindsight and reading more of the information on this site is 20-20.  Thanks.

Current Rx: Levothyroxine 25mcg and Remeron 22.5mg

Past Rx synopsis: birth control, SSRIs, and SNRIs, benzos--not well tolerated

Genetic 23andme testing: slow metabolizer/detoxifier of most drugs, caffeine not well tolerated (anxiety symptoms), some issues with methylation (no methylated B vitamins), estrogens, and sulfur containing items. Wanting to learn more about how to work with mutated genes to improve mild fatigue and mild/moderate irritability

Love yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, somatic therapies, lovingkindness, keeping physically active, helping others, spending time in nature and with family.

• Moderator Emeritus

PM any of the administrators, preferably Alto, since she visits the forum every day, and let her know how you want things changed.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Why was my new topic moved?
Topics may be moved by site staff because they were in the wrong forum.

For example, the From Journals and Scientific Sources forum is ONLY for journal abstracts, article selections, and full text articles (followed by discussion). There is a strict format for topics in this forum, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2543-before-you-start-a-topic-in-journals/

If you are new and start a topic (or post) in Tapering or another forum that introduces your situation, most likely it will be moved to the Introductions forum as your introduction, so it won't get lost. The Introductions forum is also a collection of case histories to educate the medical profession.

Usually, we place a link or pointer in the old forum to your topic in the new forum.

My post disappeared! What happened to it?
We delete very few posts, most often because they are duplicates.

Staff may merge your topics or posts with existing topics on the same subject. We do this to minimize proliferation of topics and to keep the information in the topics accessible to newcomers. Thus, there is only one topic in Symptoms and Self-Care on magnesium http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/
(although it's mentioned in many topics) and our accumulated wisdom can be found in that topic.

If your post is merged with an existing topic, that topic will move up in the new content list. You'll see the topic when you click on View New Content (upper right of screen, below the search box).

Please use search before starting topics; if the topic you have in mind already exists, add your post to it.

How can I find the posts and topics I've made?
1) Click on your screen name in the upper right corner of the screen.

2) Choose My Content.

OR
1) Click on the gear symbol next to the Search button.

2) Use advanced search.

OR
Use Google.

The search software on this site is not very good. Very sorry, nothing can be done about it. You can use Google to search this or any site, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2778-how-to-find-just-about-anything-on-this-site/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

How do I add a photo or a PDF from my desktop to my post?

To upload a photo or file from your computer,

• Click the More Reply Options button in the lower right of the Reply window.
  • At the bottom of the window, click the Browse button.
  • Find the item on your computer. Click the Open button under the file window.
  • Click the Attach This File button under the Browse button. A light blue bar under the Reply window verifies the file is attached.
  • If you want an attached image to appear in your post, click Add to Post in the light blue bar.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Margaret, I think you might want to start a topic in a forum, or respond to a topic in a forum.

To start a topic or respond to a topic in a forum

1. Choose a forum by clicking on its title in this list http://survivingantidepressants.org/

2. In the forum, to start a topic, click on the big black Start New Topic button at the upper right of the page.

3. In the forum, to respond to a topic, choose a topic by clicking on its title. Read the topic. At the bottom, type in the Respond to Topic box. When you're done, click on the black Post button at the bottom. (You will have one hour to change your post if you want to.)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

My topic or post disappeared! What happened to it?

The moderation on this site is fairly active to keep information consolidated into topics that can easily be found by search. We do this for the thousands of people who visit this site each day looking for help with withdrawal.

One of the problems with forums is that people will start a topic without knowing a very similar topic already has a number of posts. The new topic might not get any responses because people have said what they want to say in the established topic.

So you can see what people have already said on the subject and to keep information in a form that can be retrieved, we merge similar topics. We also may move posts (often questions) to topics where the same discussion is taking place.

Your recent posts will move the topic up in the topic list under View New Content (link at upper right of every page). It will get attention there.

The software doesn't give us a way to notify people that topics or posts have been merged into existing topics. We're sorry for the inconvenience. If your post or topic seems to have disappeared, you can find it again easily through one of these ways:

• Click on the View New Content link at upper right of every page. In the list, you will see an active topic that includes your post.
  • Look at My Content in your Settings area, under Posts; you will find your recent posts.

We will delete posts that are duplicates or empty, clearly made by mistake. Otherwise, we very rarely delete posts unless they're offensive, and even then, after a warning to the poster.

Hi there,

I got this e-mail to my personal address and I don't think that is supposed to happen.  Can you tell me?

beconscious has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Hello!".

beconscious said:

You can find my story here:
 Then there was a link to click on.  How did this person get my e-mail address?  What should I do?

Thanks

May 2007 started 225mg Effexor - wd about Dec. 2010.

Started Cipralex  May 9, 2011 30mg 

Switched to Cymbalta in June 2011 60mg

Went up to 90 mg. in September 2011 but only took 60mg most of the time.

wd Cymbalta May, 2013

Take a ton of supplements inclu B12, D, fish oil, C

• Administrator

That is an e-mail notification to you of a personal message.

Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the page, next to your screen name. You can respond to the personal message there.

The notification was sent to your e-mail address. Unless you choose to make your e-mail address public in your profile (not recommended), no one on this site but the administrators and moderators can see your e-mail address.

NOTE Please do NOT respond in e-mail to a notification such as this one. Those e-mails come to me. If you get an e-mail notification of a personal message and wish to reply, log in to SurvivingAntidepressants.org and respond in your personal messaging area.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

How can I use search on this site?

If you want to search the entire site, use the search box in the upper right -- be sure to click on the the small gray box to change it to "Forums."

The search tool on this site will ignore any words of 3 characters or shorter, and many common words. It is not a very good search tool.

Better yet, use Google to search this or any site, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2778-how-to-find-just-about-anything-on-this-site/

• Administrator

I find someone's posts very annoying. How can I avoid "seeing" this person on the site?

If you cannot stand another member of the community, rather than complaining to a moderator, using your personal "Ignore" filter is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. You can block seeing the posts of anyone who isn't an administrator or moderator.

1. In the menu under your screen name in the upper right of every page, click on My Settings.

2. From the choices on the left, click on "Ignore" Preferences

3. Enter the screen name of the person and check off what you don't want to see.

This is also effective if you feel harassed. We rarely ban or warn people unless they are clearly disruptive. If a person is obnoxious and enough people "ignore" him or her, he or she will find little support from the community.

Set up "Ignore" and you can avoid seeing irritating posts. Your participation will be much more peaceful and rewarding for you.

• Administrator

How does one add "tags" to a post?

Good question.

When you start a topic, you can enter tags in the Topic Tags box under the title.

Otherwise, only a moderator or administrator can change topic tags (by editing the first post in a topic).

There is no way to apply a tag to a post. Sorry.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

How do I add a pdf file or image to a post?

• Under the post window, click on More Reply Options or Use Full Editor.
  • At the bottom of that post window, click on Browse, choose your file, then click on Attach Files.
  • If you want the image to display in the post, click on Add to Post (link next to name of file). (This is probably not applicable to a pdf file.)

• Administrator

How do I delete a message from my personal messages?

To open your Inbox, click on the envelope icon to the left of your name in the upper right corner of every page.

To delete a message:

• Click on the big red Delete button above the message you're reading, OR
  • Click on the checkboxes at the right of the My Conversations list, scroll to the bottom of the list, select Delete from the drop-down menu, click on the Go button.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I quote a message?

In the thread you are reading, click the 'quote' button under the message that has what you want to quote. The post editor will pop up and in it will be contained the entire message you want quoted. In many cases, the entire message does not need to be quoted, just the information you want to address so please be kind and 'snip' (delete) any extra wording.

If you are replying to a message that is the last one in the thread, you do not have to quote the previous message. Your reply will flow logically without it, even if someone else's reply gets posted before yours does.

Ofttimes (because I am lazy and hate snipping) I will just 'copy' the few lines I want to speak to and in the post editor I will hit the little 'quote' icon and then paste my text into it. The only disadvantage to this is there will be no attribution heading at the top of the quote window. If I feel there might be some confusion on who I am quoting, I can always add an accompanying sentence with that info.

In a quote that has multiple attributions in it, snipping can totally destroy the formatting so the use of just the quote icon works well here.

post-1822-0-36610800-1419285649.jpg

This is the quote icon. It is in the second row of the post editor thingies. If you hover your mouse cursor over each 'thingie' a tooltip will appear telling you what it is.

Apparently, the version of Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 has a bug of some sort. The quote button brings up the post editor but pastes no content into it. Copy and paste your text in by hand or use a different browser.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600
Added info about IE

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

How to change your Avatar picture

See this link for instructions. PM me if you still have a problem. You can download the file to your computer and print it out by using the link in the Dropbox.

(In case you don't know, an Avatar is the little picture beside your name that you can choose to follow you around on this site. It shows up wherever you post.)

These instructions are used when you find a picture you want by using a 'google image search'. All you need is the URL of the image, so if you find an image anywhere, copy its URL (you can usually 'copy' the link by RIGHT clicking on the image and LEFT clicking 'copy link location' in the little menu that pops up), go immediately to the Settings area of your User Control Panel and paste it in the 'Import this URL' box, click 'import' then 'done' and there you have it. No need to 'download' the image to your computer and 'upload' it. Please watch out for copyright issues. Just because it's in a google image search does not mean it is free to use. There's lots of free 'clip art' that you can use or make your own drawing in Windows 'Paint' and upload that. There is a limit to file size and the neat thing about the image search is that those file sizes (if you use my instructions) are nearly always perfect. You may need to use an image editor on your own file to get it to the right size.

To use your own image, 'browse' for it in the appropriate box and then click 'done'.

You will note that all of my instructions (everywhere) refer to how it is done in the Mozilla Firefox browser. IE and others are a bit different in terminology but windows computers work the same everywhere. I don't do Mac and iStuff so if there are tricks to them, I won't have a clue unless I look them up.  If you are using a phone or tablet, you can only do things like this if you go to the bottom of the main SA page and select 'Full Version'. If you use the mobile version on this site, you miss a LOT.

added title to post

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Sorry about silly questions ...i want to print this out ...its the velafaxine pil ...was told and given nothing about this poison except it would heal my sore hand....what a joke...anyway  i cant seem to be able to print it out on my computer.

labeling.pfizer.com/showlabeling.aspx?id=100

Does anyone know a way to print it ...im using firefox so maybe i cant do it in there.

Later......

Done it.

I signed back in through internet explorer and it let me print so there ya go...35 pages of it ...no sign yet where it says it heals keyboard overuse injuries but im sure it must be in there somewhere ...the doctor wouldnt be that stupid would he...??

Did any of us have a chance....

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 3 weeks later...

To use google to search for a person's thread or for any term on the site:

Open a new tab in your favorite browser (or window if you prefer) and in the address bar, click your mouse and start typing the first letters of the site name 'sur.....' The 'survivingantidepressants.org' name should then appear with the rest of the letters highlighted in 'some color' (usually blue), seeing as how you have already visited the site several times. You will only have to type the WHOLE name in if you have cleared your browser history.

Then do this: click your cursor at the extreme right end of the site name, it will usually have a trailing '/' after it, you can click past that. This will remove the highlight from the site name, which is what you want. Then hit the backspace key to remove the / (backslash), we don't want it. What we want is a 'space' so hit the spacebar once then.

Here's why you need a second tab open: go back to the first tab and note the spelling of the person's name whose intro you want to visit and go back to your waiting window or tab and type it all in there, like so for you:

survivingantidepressants.org chia1214        <---------  text in the address bar

OR:

survivingantidepressants.org licorice

Hit enter and your default search engine will come up with a bunch of results and almost always your person's topic or your term will be at the top of the list. Click on it and you are taken to the person's thread or the post. Look at the top navigation and make sure you are on the very last page of their topic before you start to 'post' to them, you'll want to read the reply that will be just above yours. You may want to quote it wholly or some part of it. Or not, you don't have to.

Although you will find a posting window below every page (only if you are logged into the site) your post will go at the end of the last page of the person's topic.

reformatted and deleted text

• Administrator

How can I find someone's intro thread?

Method 1: Click on the Members tab at the top of the page, find the member's name, and click on the Find Content icon (it looks like a page). In the member's content list, click on the Only Topics link on the left. The Intro topic is in the topics list.

Method 2: In a post by the member, hover your cursor over the member's name in the upper left of the post and click the Find Content button. In the member's content, click on the Only Topics link on the left. The Intro topic is in the topics list.

Method 3: Anywhere you see the member's name as a link, click on the link. This will take you to the member's Profile. Click on the Find Content button on the right side. In the member's content, click on the Only Topics link on the left. The Intro topic is in the topics list.

This is in addition to the Google search for the member's screen name described about by cymbaltawithdrawal5600 (previous post).

Edited by ChessieCat
Added previous post to end of post

• Moderator Emeritus

Could someone explain how to use the quote function please?

Hi Martina , I can explain how to add pics.      At the bottom of your post , next to the post icon is "more reply options" - click that.

The next screen has a box to Attach Files which opens your own media.     Good luck   ; )

Edited by scallywag
moved from Signature thread; changed font colour of a response to a question in the Signature topic

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Fresh,

If you are trying to use 'quote' by using the button I have circled in red in the picture below, then you will get a '2 lined' colored box in Internet Explorer. The system default color is 'pinkish'.

What that will do is give you a box to PASTE in the comment you want to quote and speak to but it will not give any attribution markers. I use this method often so I don't have to snip out unwanted text. But as you will note below, you will get the box but are prevented from pasting anything into it if you are using IE.

Now if you want to have the date, time and poster filled into the quote box you click the button under the post you wish to reply to and then snip out any unwanted text. If you are using IE it does nothing, period. No quote box appears and you cannot paste anything into the text editor either, neither by 'crtl+v' or right click submenu paste command.

Everything works as advertised in chrome. I use firefox.

post-1822-0-88746100-1422270053_thumb.jpg

Edited by scallywag
moved from Signature thread

Question i have a vid clip i would like to upload to my intro

i opened more reply options and then browse to upload but it said 'file too big.

Does that mean i am out of luck?

So the only way i can do it is to upload it to youtube and then post the corresonding link on my relevant post in the intro.  if you know what i mean. ?

Can i give the vid to a mod and the mod inbed it in my intro for me?

Perhaps the youtube way is the way to do it right?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Where it said 'file too big' it gave you the max file size you were permitted to upload. Your avatar pic is already counting against your limit (which (believe is 500mb).

Can i give the vid to a mod and the mod inbed it in my intro for me?

Not me, it would then count against MY storage space.

Does that mean i am out of luck?  .......    So the only way i can do it is to upload it to youtube and then post the corresonding link on my relevant post in the intro.

Pretty much so, yes. Server space costs money, let youtube attach their advertising to the clip so they can make lots more money than the corresponding server space is costing them......

Linking to a particular post (useful for putting a link to your intro in your signature)

• If you look at the grey header bar that goes across each post (starting with the name and continuing right) at the far right end is a sideways 'V' thingy (it is called the 'share' button) and I have it circled in red in the picture. It is the link to the particular post. The link in my signature was taken by copying the 'share' link and then inserting it into my sig using the 'link' button. This is useful for a whole post and can be used anywhere you want someone to read a 'whole post' instead of a quote from it.

This is the link to my first post:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/?p=50878#entry50878

post-1822-0-48350400-1422580422_thumb.jpg

• The 'number' to the left of the 'share' button is the same thing, a link. The website is actually a huge database of files that are called into play by links. When you 'post' something, you are actually writing a bit of an entire web page. All discussion boards are the same thing, basically. That is why, when you get a large journal, you can display and save each individual page in a 'complete' html file. Your avatar is a link to your profile as is your 'name'.

(Please note: if you are not logged into the site you cannot 'share' anything and the 'share' button will not be visible. All you will see is the post number. But you can still use your copy command to copy its location, log in and then paste (or share it) wherever you want).

changed text, moved to new thread

Using 'Autosave' to retrieve lost content while posting

Some people report the site 'eating' (losing) their posts during creation, for whatever reason. There is a way to get them back if you are patient.

I had to wait quite a bit, I don't know exactly how long because I did not note the time I started this post, for the post editor 'autosave' to kick in (I am going to guess 2 minutes).

Here is how you will notice when it has: a little note in the lower left corner of the posting window.

post-1822-0-18020900-1422627015.jpg

Since adding that file it has autosaved again, my guess it is every so many minutes. (I think two minutes).

At times, pressing the backspace button on my keyboard takes me away from my post completely and I think I have lost all my carefully typed gems of wisdom, but not so. Just use your browser's 'back' button to get back to the thread you were composing a post in and click your mouse in the empty post editor window and wait a bit. A note will eventually come up and say:

post-1822-0-63479100-1422627319_thumb.jpg

• If you click on 'view autosaved content' there will be a command in the window that comes up for you to tell the software to paste that content back into the editor so you can keep on with your particular gem of wisdom. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

post-1822-0-34194100-1422627663_thumb.jpg

• In the event you can't get the autosaver to come up I have found that sometimes it can be triggered by using the 'more options' button next to the 'add reply', the button you have to use to get to the commands to add images to your post.

• I am guessing you have to have been composing a post for at least 2 minutes before this will work. And like I said, a lot of patience is required because the autosaver is working behind the scenes, you have to take into account round trip server times and all that technical stuff. That is why it may take longer than 2 minutes. And I notice, because I am in the 'edit post' mode to add this last paragraph, it has not 'autosaved' yet. Regular users can edit a post up to an hour after its creation (even if you have logged off and logged back on to the site), mods have extended edit capabilities.

• Please note that this may not work in Internet Explorer.

I was skimming other threads and wondered, how do people find and follow all the new posts? There are so many members, how do you mods and admins and staffers follow it all??? I was thinking it might be nice to pop in on some people regularly, and see that some members reply regularly to many threads. How do you all follow it all and find it all?? Maybe this is too vague. 

When I went to forum or members sections and clicked on find new content, only six posts come up. There must be more than that many posts?

I also clicked on follow this topic on a few threads that I have read, but that makes the notification list really long! I'm just looking for how to "follow" people here. 

Hope this makes sense.

Read my intro here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7569-chia1214-tapering-lamotrigine-maybe-clonazapam-later/#entry110043

1975 Hospitalized and first exposure to psych. drugs age 13-15 Haldol, Tofranil, Cogentin, Thorazine. On and off numerous AD’s & AP’s no records until 2000

2000 Celexa, Clonazepam 1mg – never exceeded 1 mg except occasional emergency use

2004 Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Effexor, recall add-on trials of Lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin during this time also

2007 Lithium added, switch Effexor to Pristiq, still on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) Clonazepam. Some cold turkey quits of everything over the years. No knowledge of WD

2011 Lithuim Gabapentin Lunestra, Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam

2012 Taken off all but Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam, began Zyprexa

2013 Abilify replaced Zyprexa (high lipids) added Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall

2014 Discontinued Abilify, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall, added Latuda, Quetiapine, then stopped those.

December 2014 Found SA Began slow taper of the only remaining two drugs I'm taking

Clonazepam 0 mg Benzo free as of May 30, 2017

Lamotrigine 0 mg as of Jan 7, 2018   

Well, I'll describe my method: I use notifications to email for the topics I want to follow and keep my email window open all day whether or not I am online. Any topic I post in is automatically got me 'following it' till I turn that off. Other notifications are according to people I might not see if their post is not bumped to the top of the first page, like some people who started here when I did.

If you click 'view new content' (I am still trying it out) you can tell the content picker what time frame you want to see: on the left side of the page is a menu, just tell it what you want. The right side of the page will automatically refresh to display what you have selected. Fiddle with it a bit so you can see what it does and then ask more questions if you can't figure it out. I get emails when someone posts in this how-to forum because that is my special task for modding. I saw you posted here about 2 minutes after you set your post.

How do the mods keep up? Well, we just do. I don't post in every topic I read and I don't think the other mods do either. Alto has a special system that she uses, I think we all do. If your notification list gets too long you can delete them. I have mine set to put a little red number beside what I want to be notified of in addition to email: PM's and other content a mod might need to see.

In your settings and profile area by your name at the top of every page is 'content I follow'. Look carefully at the 2 columns and checkmark what you want or don't want (uncheck).

• Administrator

I use "View New Content" a lot.

Another hint: If you look at the page of new posts in the intros forum, for example, you will either see a dark 'star' or a dark 'dot' to the left of the topic. Stars are topics you have posted in and dots are ones you have not. Another 'at a glance' feature I don't use much. Also, topics that are in bold face are ones you have not read yet and your own topic is never in bold because the site software assumes you have read it because you wrote it (I think Alto mentioned that somewhere in this topic.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

What does this symbol mean in topic titles?

This is the "here comes the sun" symbol for an Introductions topic where the person is substantially healing -- out of the dark clouds and into the sunshine.

If your topic gets a ☼ symbol, we surely hope that you will continue to let us know how you are doing and, when you feel you can look back on your journey of recovery, write a Recovery Success Stories topic.

And this is interesting too: I started a post this morning at around 7:30 am and then changed my mind and did not post it. I logged off the site, went and did an errand, and came back to where I had started composing that post and the autosaved content was still there at 9:15 am. I have no idea how long it gets saved but I'll keep checking on and off during the day.