If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

How to use this site -- Questions and answers

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#73 luv2knit

luv2knit

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

I am brand new here.  My husband, trying to help, just set up the account, and I have opened a thread.  I would like to know, however, if there is a way to change my user name.  I would prefer to use something that does not contain any portion of either of our names.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).
Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

#74 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Please send me a personal message with your new name -- click on the small envelope icon to the left of your name at the top of the page.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#75 Barbarannamated

Barbarannamated

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I recently got a message that the site would not accept my annual contribution. Could be my card is expiring, but that's next month.

Please let me know if anything is wrong.
Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

#76 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

No, that must be a PayPal glitch. Please contact them. And thank you so much for your donations!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

#77 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

How do I add a pdf file or image to a post?

• Under the post window, click on More Reply Options or Use Full Editor.
  • At the bottom of that post window, click on Browse, choose your file, then click on Attach Files.
  • If you want the image to display in the post, click on Add to Post (link next to name of file). (This is probably not applicable to a pdf file.)

#78 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

How do I delete a message from my personal messages?

To open your Inbox, click on the envelope icon to the left of your name in the upper right corner of every page.

To delete a message:

• Click on the big red Delete button above the message you're reading, OR
  • Click on the checkboxes at the right of the My Conversations list, scroll to the bottom of the list, select Delete from the drop-down menu, click on the Go button.

#79 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

How do I quote a message?

In the thread you are reading, click the 'quote' button under the message that has what you want to quote. The post editor will pop up and in it will be contained the entire message you want quoted. In many cases, the entire message does not need to be quoted, just the information you want to address so please be kind and 'snip' (delete) any extra wording.

If you are replying to a message that is the last one in the thread, you do not have to quote the previous message. Your reply will flow logically without it, even if someone else's reply gets posted before yours does.

Ofttimes (because I am lazy and hate snipping) I will just 'copy' the few lines I want to speak to and in the post editor I will hit the little 'quote' icon and then paste my text into it. The only disadvantage to this is there will be no attribution heading at the top of the quote window. If I feel there might be some confusion on who I am quoting, I can always add an accompanying sentence with that info.

In a quote that has multiple attributions in it, snipping can totally destroy the formatting so the use of just the quote icon works well here.

Capture10.JPG

This is the quote icon. It is in the second row of the post editor thingies. If you hover your mouse cursor over each 'thingie' a tooltip will appear telling you what it is.

Apparently, the version of Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 has a bug of some sort. The quote button brings up the post editor but pastes no content into it. Copy and paste your text in by hand or use a different browser.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 22 December 2014 - 03:53 PM.
Added info about IE

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivinganti...ion/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

#80 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

How to change your Avatar picture

See this link for instructions. PM me if you still have a problem. You can download the file to your computer and print it out by using the link in the Dropbox.

(In case you don't know, an Avatar is the little picture beside your name that you can choose to follow you around on this site. It shows up wherever you post.)

These instructions are used when you find a picture you want by using a 'google image search'. All you need is the URL of the image, so if you find an image anywhere, copy its URL (you can usually 'copy' the link by RIGHT clicking on the image and LEFT clicking 'copy link location' in the little menu that pops up), go immediately to the Settings area of your User Control Panel and paste it in the 'Import this URL' box, click 'import' then 'done' and there you have it. No need to 'download' the image to your computer and 'upload' it. Please watch out for copyright issues. Just because it's in a google image search does not mean it is free to use. There's lots of free 'clip art' that you can use or make your own drawing in Windows 'Paint' and upload that. There is a limit to file size and the neat thing about the image search is that those file sizes (if you use my instructions) are nearly always perfect. You may need to use an image editor on your own file to get it to the right size.

To use your own image, 'browse' for it in the appropriate box and then click 'done'.

You will note that all of my instructions (everywhere) refer to how it is done in the Mozilla Firefox browser. IE and others are a bit different in terminology but windows computers work the same everywhere. I don't do Mac and iStuff so if there are tricks to them, I won't have a clue unless I look them up.  If you are using a phone or tablet, you can only do things like this if you go to the bottom of the main SA page and select 'Full Version'. If you use the mobile version on this site, you miss a LOT.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 27 December 2014 - 03:54 PM.
added title to post

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

#81 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

How do I post a picture in my thread?

Alto covered that above and I amplified it here.

Use PM for further instructions if you need them, I don't mind!

#82 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Sorry about silly questions ...i want to print this out ...its the velafaxine pil ...was told and given nothing about this poison except it would heal my sore hand....what a joke...anyway  i cant seem to be able to print it out on my computer.

labeling.pfizer.com/showlabeling.aspx?id=100

Does anyone know a way to print it ...im using firefox so maybe i cant do it in there.

Later......

Done it.

I signed back in through internet explorer and it let me print so there ya go...35 pages of it ...no sign yet where it says it heals keyboard overuse injuries but im sure it must be in there somewhere ...the doctor wouldnt be that stupid would he...??

Did any of us have a chance....

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#83 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

To use google to search for a person's thread or for any term on the site:

Open a new tab in your favorite browser (or window if you prefer) and in the address bar, click your mouse and start typing the first letters of the site name 'sur.....' The 'survivingantidepressants.org' name should then appear with the rest of the letters highlighted in 'some color' (usually blue), seeing as how you have already visited the site several times. You will only have to type the WHOLE name in if you have cleared your browser history.

Then do this: click your cursor at the extreme right end of the site name, it will usually have a trailing '/' after it, you can click past that. This will remove the highlight from the site name, which is what you want. Then hit the backspace key to remove the / (backslash), we don't want it. What we want is a 'space' so hit the spacebar once then.

Here's why you need a second tab open: go back to the first tab and note the spelling of the person's name whose intro you want to visit and go back to your waiting window or tab and type it all in there, like so for you:

survivingantidepressants.org chia1214        <---------  text in the address bar

OR:

survivingantidepressants.org licorice

Hit enter and your default search engine will come up with a bunch of results and almost always your person's topic or your term will be at the top of the list. Click on it and you are taken to the person's thread or the post. Look at the top navigation and make sure you are on the very last page of their topic before you start to 'post' to them, you'll want to read the reply that will be just above yours. You may want to quote it wholly or some part of it. Or not, you don't have to.

Although you will find a posting window below every page (only if you are logged into the site) your post will go at the end of the last page of the person's topic.

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 28 January 2015 - 03:12 PM.
reformatted and deleted text

#84 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

How can I find someone's intro thread?

Method 1: Click on the Members tab at the top of the page, find the member's name, and click on the Find Content icon (it looks like a page). In the member's content list, click on the Only Topics link on the left. The Intro topic is in the topics list.

Method 2: In a post by the member, hover your cursor over the member's name in the upper left of the post and click the Find Content button. In the member's content, click on the Only Topics link on the left. The Intro topic is in the topics list.

Method 3: Anywhere you see the member's name as a link, click on the link. This will take you to the member's Profile. Click on the Find Content button on the right side. In the member's content, click on the Only Topics link on the left. The Intro topic is in the topics list.

This is in addition to the Google search for the member's screen name described about by cymbaltawithdrawal5600 (previous post).

Edited by ChessieCat, 03 October 2016 - 12:41 PM.
Added previous post to end of post

#85 nz11

nz11

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts
  • LocationWaipu NZ

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:21 PM

Question i have a vid clip i would like to upload to my intro

i opened more reply options and then browse to upload but it said 'file too big.

Does that mean i am out of luck?

So the only way i can do it is to upload it to youtube and then post the corresonding link on my relevant post in the intro.  if you know what i mean. ?

Can i give the vid to a mod and the mod inbed it in my intro for me?

Perhaps the youtube way is the way to do it right?

2000 amitryptaline, nortriptaline venlafaxine clonazepam for  arm pain from keyboard use, told I had a chemical imbalance it would fix my arm was just a matter of finding the right med for me not informed of the nature of these drugs assured safe and not addictive, CT off Effexor after being told to double the dose on reporting adverse effects...later ..uncharacteristic psych panic tearful presented to doctor to get answers. Given paroxetine no questions asked 'safe and not addictive' next please.2001-2010 paroxetine (paxil) 2 failed attempts to quit, a learned helplessness set in. Feb 10 - Sept 10,  8 month clueless taper, hell. Doc said I had underlying depression .. I said that's not right' then found online support group and the truth!...overcome with inconceivable humiliation and outrage. 28 Sept 10 drug free ...  daily psych and emotional torture beginning in the waking hours of the morning receding somewhat in the evening only to start up again the next day. 28 Sept 12 (24 months) Stabilizing  (What an indescribable unimaginable non-functional nightmare). sleep issues start up at 3 yrs  waking daily at 2am -4.30am)28 Sept 15 (5yrs drug free), cf, cmw, insomnia  horrifying pssd continues, still feel Rip van Winkle-ish, cognitively doing heaps better. 28 Sept 16 after 6 yrs start working again on a casual basis.

"It is unsafe for people who suffer from something that could be treated with an ssri to consult a psychiatrist." Gotzshe 2015. [ I think Gotzsche could have easily meant to say 'to consult anyone with prescribing privileges']. "Going to a psychiatrist is one of the most dangerous actions a person can take." Breggin

“Paroxetine is not safe, it is not effective and it meets every known definition of addictive.” McLaren, N, (2016) 'Psychiatry as bullsh*t’ p55..."Psychiatry is stuffed full of 'deep nonsense' better known as bullsh*t." McLaren 2016

"Within the first week of when you go on an antidepressant you may have a sexual dysfunction, it can go on forever, often only appearing when you go off the drug ...its extraordinarily common" Healy 2015

See  my intro post #451 for the xanax back story and for a CV -GSKs.  Come on guys get taperwise see a TaperMe Schedule

For a staggeringly shocking 'prozac back story' see the truth post #523

"If I were an enemy combatant and the NZ army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!"  nz11

#86 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:06 AM

Where it said 'file too big' it gave you the max file size you were permitted to upload. Your avatar pic is already counting against your limit (which (believe is 500mb).

Can i give the vid to a mod and the mod inbed it in my intro for me?

Not me, it would then count against MY storage space.

Does that mean i am out of luck?  .......    So the only way i can do it is to upload it to youtube and then post the corresonding link on my relevant post in the intro.

Pretty much so, yes. Server space costs money, let youtube attach their advertising to the clip so they can make lots more money than the corresponding server space is costing them......

#87 chia1214

chia1214

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

What do you like best?

Initially, I suspect I will use method 1 a lot, since I so far have not wanted to interrupt my reading of one thread at a time. When I come upon posts I can particularly relate to I'll add that member's name to a list and return to it at a later time. I can see how all the methods can be useful. This site has changed my life. I can't stop singing its praises. Thanks so much.

Read my intro here: http://survivinganti...er/#entry110043

1975 Hospitalized and first exposure to psych. drugs age 13-15 Haldol, Tofranil, Cogentin, Thorazine. On and off numerous AD’s & AP’s no records until 2000

2000 Celexa, Clonazepam 1mg – never exceeded 1 mg except occasional emergency use

2004 Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Effexor, recall add-on trials of Lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin during this time also

2007 Lithium added, switch Effexor to Pristiq, still on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) Clonazepam. Some cold turkey quits of everything over the years. No knowledge of WD

2011 Lithuim Gabapentin Lunestra, Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam

2012 Taken off all but Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam, began Zyprexa

2013 Abilify replaced Zyprexa (high lipids) added Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall

2014 Discontinued Abilify, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall, added Latuda, Quetiapine, then stopped those.

December 2014 Found SA Began slow water taper of the only remaining two drugs I'm taking - Lamictal (Lamotrigine) 200mg & Clonazepam 1mg

Current Dose: Lamictal (Lamotrigine) 150mg     Clonazepam 0.20mg  January 25, 2017

#88 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Linking to a particular post (useful for putting a link to your intro in your signature)

• If you look at the grey header bar that goes across each post (starting with the name and continuing right) at the far right end is a sideways 'V' thingy (it is called the 'share' button) and I have it circled in red in the picture. It is the link to the particular post. The link in my signature was taken by copying the 'share' link and then inserting it into my sig using the 'link' button. This is useful for a whole post and can be used anywhere you want someone to read a 'whole post' instead of a quote from it.

This is the link to my first post:

http://survivinganti...0878#entry50878

Capture601.JPG

• The 'number' to the left of the 'share' button is the same thing, a link. The website is actually a huge database of files that are called into play by links. When you 'post' something, you are actually writing a bit of an entire web page. All discussion boards are the same thing, basically. That is why, when you get a large journal, you can display and save each individual page in a 'complete' html file. Your avatar is a link to your profile as is your 'name'.

(Please note: if you are not logged into the site you cannot 'share' anything and the 'share' button will not be visible. All you will see is the post number. But you can still use your copy command to copy its location, log in and then paste (or share it) wherever you want).

Edited by cymbaltawithdrawal5600, 01 February 2015 - 01:16 PM.
changed text, moved to new thread

#89 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

Using 'Autosave' to retrieve lost content while posting

Some people report the site 'eating' (losing) their posts during creation, for whatever reason. There is a way to get them back if you are patient.

I had to wait quite a bit, I don't know exactly how long because I did not note the time I started this post, for the post editor 'autosave' to kick in (I am going to guess 2 minutes).

Here is how you will notice when it has: a little note in the lower left corner of the posting window.

Capture602.JPG

Since adding that file it has autosaved again, my guess it is every so many minutes. (I think two minutes).

At times, pressing the backspace button on my keyboard takes me away from my post completely and I think I have lost all my carefully typed gems of wisdom, but not so. Just use your browser's 'back' button to get back to the thread you were composing a post in and click your mouse in the empty post editor window and wait a bit. A note will eventually come up and say:

Capture603.JPG

• If you click on 'view autosaved content' there will be a command in the window that comes up for you to tell the software to paste that content back into the editor so you can keep on with your particular gem of wisdom. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

Capture604.JPG

• In the event you can't get the autosaver to come up I have found that sometimes it can be triggered by using the 'more options' button next to the 'add reply', the button you have to use to get to the commands to add images to your post.

• I am guessing you have to have been composing a post for at least 2 minutes before this will work. And like I said, a lot of patience is required because the autosaver is working behind the scenes, you have to take into account round trip server times and all that technical stuff. That is why it may take longer than 2 minutes. And I notice, because I am in the 'edit post' mode to add this last paragraph, it has not 'autosaved' yet. Regular users can edit a post up to an hour after its creation (even if you have logged off and logged back on to the site), mods have extended edit capabilities.

• Please note that this may not work in Internet Explorer.

#90 chia1214

chia1214

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

I was skimming other threads and wondered, how do people find and follow all the new posts? There are so many members, how do you mods and admins and staffers follow it all??? I was thinking it might be nice to pop in on some people regularly, and see that some members reply regularly to many threads. How do you all follow it all and find it all?? Maybe this is too vague. 

When I went to forum or members sections and clicked on find new content, only six posts come up. There must be more than that many posts?

I also clicked on follow this topic on a few threads that I have read, but that makes the notification list really long! I'm just looking for how to "follow" people here. 

Hope this makes sense.

Read my intro here: http://survivinganti...er/#entry110043

1975 Hospitalized and first exposure to psych. drugs age 13-15 Haldol, Tofranil, Cogentin, Thorazine. On and off numerous AD’s & AP’s no records until 2000

2000 Celexa, Clonazepam 1mg – never exceeded 1 mg except occasional emergency use

2004 Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Effexor, recall add-on trials of Lexapro, Prozac, Wellbutrin during this time also

2007 Lithium added, switch Effexor to Pristiq, still on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) Clonazepam. Some cold turkey quits of everything over the years. No knowledge of WD

2011 Lithuim Gabapentin Lunestra, Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam

2012 Taken off all but Lamictal (Lamotrigine), Clonazepam, began Zyprexa

2013 Abilify replaced Zyprexa (high lipids) added Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall

2014 Discontinued Abilify, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Adderall, added Latuda, Quetiapine, then stopped those.

December 2014 Found SA Began slow water taper of the only remaining two drugs I'm taking - Lamictal (Lamotrigine) 200mg & Clonazepam 1mg

Current Dose: Lamictal (Lamotrigine) 150mg     Clonazepam 0.20mg  January 25, 2017

#91 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Well, I'll describe my method: I use notifications to email for the topics I want to follow and keep my email window open all day whether or not I am online. Any topic I post in is automatically got me 'following it' till I turn that off. Other notifications are according to people I might not see if their post is not bumped to the top of the first page, like some people who started here when I did.

If you click 'view new content' (I am still trying it out) you can tell the content picker what time frame you want to see: on the left side of the page is a menu, just tell it what you want. The right side of the page will automatically refresh to display what you have selected. Fiddle with it a bit so you can see what it does and then ask more questions if you can't figure it out. I get emails when someone posts in this how-to forum because that is my special task for modding. I saw you posted here about 2 minutes after you set your post.

How do the mods keep up? Well, we just do. I don't post in every topic I read and I don't think the other mods do either. Alto has a special system that she uses, I think we all do. If your notification list gets too long you can delete them. I have mine set to put a little red number beside what I want to be notified of in addition to email: PM's and other content a mod might need to see.

In your settings and profile area by your name at the top of every page is 'content I follow'. Look carefully at the 2 columns and checkmark what you want or don't want (uncheck).

#92 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

I use "View New Content" a lot.

#93 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

Another hint: If you look at the page of new posts in the intros forum, for example, you will either see a dark 'star' or a dark 'dot' to the left of the topic. Stars are topics you have posted in and dots are ones you have not. Another 'at a glance' feature I don't use much. Also, topics that are in bold face are ones you have not read yet and your own topic is never in bold because the site software assumes you have read it because you wrote it (I think Alto mentioned that somewhere in this topic.)

#94 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

What does this symbol mean in topic titles?

This is the "here comes the sun" symbol for an Introductions topic where the person is substantially healing -- out of the dark clouds and into the sunshine.

If your topic gets a ☼ symbol, we surely hope that you will continue to let us know how you are doing and, when you feel you can look back on your journey of recovery, write a Recovery Success Stories topic.

#95 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

For the umpteenth time, I have accidentally blown away a long post by hitting "Enter" instead of "Shift".  Is there anyway to retrieve these lost posts?  I remember that back in the fall the software was indicating that it was saving replies periodically as I was typing them, but I don't see that now.  I checked in the deleted items topic, but my post doesn't show up there.

SIGH.  This is so irritating.

please see this post for how the autosave feature works.

#96 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

And this is interesting too: I started a post this morning at around 7:30 am and then changed my mind and did not post it. I logged off the site, went and did an errand, and came back to where I had started composing that post and the autosaved content was still there at 9:15 am. I have no idea how long it gets saved but I'll keep checking on and off during the day.

#97 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:53 AM

Nearly 24 hours later and the autosaved content is still available - only in the posting editor window where the post was originally started.

#98 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

My autosaved content is now gone forever.

As far as content being saved in the PM post editor, gee, I never tested that one. And never knew there was a full editor for PM's. So I have no idea if content actually gets saved or not

#99 shelby

shelby

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

Is there a Success Story forum like on Benzo Buddies?

40 year old male - First panic attack in May 2012

May 2012 Atenolol (beta blocker)25mg, Ativan 2mg
August 2012 Rapid taper ativan, started zoloft 25mg
Dec 2012... rapid taper zoloft,
January 2013 Xanax 1mg for 1 month
February 2013 Klonopin 1mg
April 2013 to May 2013 Rapid Taper Klonopin to 0.5mg
June 10th 2013 jumped from 0.5 Kpin and Atenolol 25mg
July 2013 two days of Ativan 1mg b/c of hospital visit
September 2013 started Effexor 75mg (this was a mistake i think)
July 2014 to October 2014 tapered off Effexor...

July 2015 - Reinstated zoloft 50mg

#100 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

#101 quitpaxil2015

quitpaxil2015

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:56 AM

How do I know when members have replied to my post? I introduced myself and asked for support/advice yesterday but don't know if anyone responded...I see in posts that people have conversations and want to participate, but the way the site seems to work is confusing to me.

Username: quitpaxil2015 - Started antidepressants sometime in 1990. Misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but later with thyroid disease in1998 (8 years of being on several different psychiatric meds with several psychiatric hospitalizations). Total thyroidectomy in 1999. At the time, was on 85 mg of Paxil. In 2001, tried to get off Paxil and had car crash due to vertigo and w/d symptoms. Given more psychiatric meds including Prozac and Trazodone to treat SEVERE w/d from Paxil - which is the only reason I still take Paxil. Tried to taper off Paxil again in 2004  - from 25 mg to 20 mg (5 mg cuts) - had to go back on 25 mg on the 10th day of the taper due to inability to function (dizziness, vertigo, motion sickness, crying spells, depersonalization, etc). Currently on Paxil 25 mg and Trazodone 100 mg. Trying to quit Paxil in 2015. April 22, 2015 - Paxil 22.5 mg. May 13, 2015 Paxil 20 mg. June 3, 2015 - Paxil 17.5 mg. June 24, 2015 - Paxil 15 mg. Don't remember  - 12.5 mg. August 5, 2015 - Paxil 10 mg. September 16, 2015 - 7.5 mg (considering going back up - severe anxiety/panic) September 28, 2015 - back up to 10 mg. October 6, 2015  - back up to 15 mg.   :unsure:

#102 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

At the top of every topic, on the right side, there is a big gray Follow This Topic button. If you can click on it, you will be e-mailed notifications when there are new posts.

To make sure you get these e-mail notices, go to your Settings (click on your name at the upper right of any page) and make sure you have set up your Notification Preferences for "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics."

To see new replies to all topics on the site, click on the View New Content link in the blue bar at the top right of any page.

#103 westcoast

westcoast

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

Can someone tell me what Status Updates are? I just noticed them on my iPad, but can't find them using the regular site.

They are mentioned here:

Help Topics: Your Settings

http://survivinganti...elp&do=01&HID=2

(By the way, that help page says users can change their names, but that's been changed. The forum software (ip.board) does allow it, but admins have the option of limiting or forbidding name changes. The help page should be revised.)

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

#104 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

The ability to have a custom avatar seems to be broken at this time. I would suggest if you have one currently, don't attempt to change it or you will end up with the default male silhouette. (In my testing what seems to be broken is that images are not uploading).

We have never been able to change our user names, only admin can do that. IP Board software is (I believe) an 'off the shelf' solution for groups wishing to have discussion boards and comes with a feature set which the master user(s) can customize to their liking. Therefore, not all features may be available even though they are listed in the help documentation. Over time, as the software goes through upgrade cycles, things may change. Status updates may be one of those things, present when the group was formed then later abandoned or written out of the software. Alto may or may not wish to comment as to which is the case.

For myself, I like IP Board and have no complaints at this time as to the color of the curtains or the type of chairs in this meeting room. (And I also do not mind people listening at the windows, taking notes and redistributing my content.) I do, however, like things to remain cordial and respectful at all times. When they cease to be, I'll move on. The lack of an avatar is not a deterrent to me remaining a member. Be great if it works again, if it doesn't, it won't break my heart. The only thing I have ever wished different is the signature block. I prefer sigs to be primarily in the default color, font and size and to stick to their supposed 12 line limit. But then that is me.

And things are the way they are because that is the way they are. If I cease to like it (as Alto says) I am free to set up my own site. Some former members have done just that. It takes a lot to keep a site running and have it be a welcoming place for new and old members. Maybe that's why those other sites aren't running anymore, it is a lot of work for some little thanks (and money).

So thanks, Alto, for doing a great job. Things aren't always to my liking but they seem to work out just right in the long run. And I always seem to be able to get the help I need when I need it.

#105 westcoast

westcoast

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I found the statuses on the fill-version site, but still don't know how they are generated. It seems like a fun feature.

http://survivinganti...?/statuses/all/

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

#106 westcoast

westcoast

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

About name changes, it is up to the site's owner and that's fine. There are lots of problems that arise when users change their names.

But the page "your settings" page should be updated to say one cannot change one's own name. Elsewhere it says the software doesn't allow name changes (I forgot where). That does not seem to be the case, based on my trip to IP.Board's help pages. Perhaps that should be corrected too. Not a HUGE deal but I am a stickler. I spent many years working on big web sites in various capacities and one thing I learned was the importance of clarity in site policies. Saves heartache and hassles.

#107 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,876 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

Sorry, that's not going to happen.

#108 cymbaltawithdrawal5600

cymbaltawithdrawal5600

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

One thing I found out not long after I signed up here is that I could edit out my city. I put my real one in and felt very uncomfortable about it. So that part is changeable and I think you can edit your birthday too. You can also put an email in there, my profile has my real addy in case anyone ever wants to contact me.

My profile says that the confidential info concerns how I was referred to the site. I would guess that if there is something in your profile you'd rather not be there, PM Alto to have it vaporized.