SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

That acid reflux pill may be causing your health problems

Altostrata

Raw ginger to chew. I've had the worst Nausea ever and this cured it. I felt I was gonna Hurl over 100x but 1 inch slice of ginger raw,peel the skin and slowly chew. Very spicy but what a powerful remedy for the stomach

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Not spicy like causes heart burn. Actually it receives heartburn on top of everything else it does. Its dirt cheap to pick up at the grocery store

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I meant to say it provides Relief for Heartburn. Man I hate these autocorrect smartphonea.

I meant to say it provides Relief for Heartburn. Man I hate these autocorrect smartphonea.

I've tried ginger capsules and they made me sicker. :(

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Wow interesting. No sure if the fresh kind is different. I can say having a ginger tea does nothing compared to to the fresh kind. But maybe won't work for u

Wow interesting. No sure if the fresh kind is different. I can say having a ginger tea does nothing compared to to the fresh kind. But maybe won't work for u

Might try it. Maybe the fresh wouldn't make me sick?

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Maybe not. I mean I was ready to vomit many times and ginger would completely resolve that feeling.

Maybe not. I mean I was ready to vomit many times and ginger would completely resolve that feeling.

Worth a try.

Thanks. :)

Take care,

Elaine xx

Np :)

• 4 weeks later...

No b12 defiency but after 3 months on ranitadine I have panic attacks also breathlessness and sore troath (still) and feel again that a drugged feeling in my head as when I was having WD after fluoxetine. ... anyone experienced effects like this from H2 blockers? ?

also still burping having issues swallowing (which seems to get worse when I miss a dose )

Very grateful to your responses!

fluoxetine since 13years followed doctors advice tapered 40 mg to 0mg in 4 months july 2015 august crasched in panic attacks etc end of september akatisia , nausea, crying alot no one told me it could be something called withdrawal I read it and also about going back to last dose No one knew if it was worth it. tried reinstate autumn 2014 5 mg prozac then 10mg since 29/11-2014 feel only worse sucidal for real, tried antihistamine 10 mg or oxascand (benso) 5 mg or valerian for anxiousness but sick feeling taking this. 6mg prozac to taper slowly down since 15/2-2014 (30ml out of 100ml water with 20 mg pill) tapered 10-20% per month until June 2015 super anxious depressed tired. Got Buspar may 2015 5mg 10mg 15mg headache etc
June 2015: 10mg buspar plus around 3 mg prozac quit this cold turkey in July 2015. One week later crying spells and suicidal. Tried 5htp.magnesium omega 3 until September. October 2015 tested vit D was 17 . Since October 2015 ONLY Vit D and magnesium . nov 2016 can laungh again! but still too anxious ,depressed or lethargic in waves can't focuS, Crying spells , scared, social fobia, bitterness. .. . Did not reinstate prozac again . Trying to survive ....

july 2016-troathpain /reflux starts...

• Moderator Emeritus

Member SeriouslyScared has made a post here mentioning:  "I always got more agitated still when taking the PPI in the past on top of the Paroxetine"

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 6 months later...

There has been some talk on SeriouslyScared's thread about PPIs lately.  One of his comments caused me to do some research and here is a reposting of what I found out:

Hi SS-- your recent statement "P.S. I always hated taking the Omeprazole. It seemed to almost have a psychoactive effect on me, always making me even more agitated, more argumentative than I already was for all the years I was on the Paroxetine." started me researching.

First off SA does not recommend the use of PPI medications because of their side effects and the trouble people have getting off of them Please read the following thread and related links. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2533-that-acid-reflux-pill-may-be-causing-your-health-problems/&

Secondly recent studies, as in the past two years, have shown that there is a link between taking SSRIs and PPIs at the same time and a significant increase of contracting Serotonin Syndrome, highly increased risk of stroke or heart attack and a laundry list of other side effects.

Although PPIs are not SSRIs they have a profound affect on neurotransmitters.  They are metabolized by the same enzymes. Those enzymes show a preference for the PPIs causing the blood concentrations of the SSRIs to shot up.  So in a backhanded way PPIs strongly affect the reuptake of neurotransmitters.  Causing, as you noted, an increase of psychoactive symptoms.

It should also be noted that similar findings were listed for benzos.

So the conclusion is, if your are currently taking any SSRI, SNRI or Benzo do not take a PPI.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Fair enough.

However, I can only reiterate that over several decades, I did not suspect any bad side effects from omeprazole - only positive.

Also, when I weaned myself off them last year, any discomfort caused by the SNRI was not reduced - I did not feel better mentally on stopping the PPI.

Of course I accept that at 72 I should not be taking them because of their suspected B vitamin malabsorption side-effect, that is why I stopped them.

Stomach upsets did return on being off them, but I have tackled and hopefuly solved that snag using a probiotic and avoiding, most of the time, food and drink that tended to produce gastritis.

Clearly, with any medication or a combination of them, the mantra is "we are all different", but I thought my experience might be helpful or interesting, that's all.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

I am learning so much here.  I have been on Omeprazole for about 3 years.  I started because I had painful heartburn and occasional projectile vomiting.  I think it was caused by the Lexapro I was taking.  I haven't had the SSRI in almost 2 weeks but still on Omeprazole.  I hope to end that as well.  I only need to Omep on certain days.  Before I took the Omep, I would have serious mid-afternoon pain.  I couldn't for instance do a. plank at the gym without wanting to throw up.  I hope to end this drug as well.

I am not anti-drug per se but I think they should be used only when needed.  I have noticed with many people who take long term meds never take just 1.  For me it was Lex and Omep.  I think we are given additional drugs because the first one have side effects or stop working.  Just my opinion of course.  

June 1995 Zoloft

August 1997 - to June 2017 various SSRIs

August 2000  -November 2000 - Stopped abruptly for pregnancy (returned to depressed state, serious withdrawal symptoms including raging anger, crying, loss of interest in life)

November 2000 returned to SSRI

2008 Added Cymbalta to SSRIs

June - September 2009 - stopped Cymbalta after discussing with p-doc.  Not told about tapering.  Nausea, dizziness, brain zaps, raging anger and depression for about 3 months

2011 switched to Lexapro, added Wellbutrin 

June 2017 began to taper off Lexapro doses of 10 mg,  reduced to 5 mg for 2 weeks and then 5 mg every other day - off by July 10 

July 2017 300 mg Wellbutrin, dealing with withdrawal from Lexapro

2013- September  2017 - Omeprazole - Learned my GERD was caused by Lexapro  - now happily off without rebound or any pain!

I also haven't had any psychoactive effect with raising or lowering my dosage of these crap drugs. They are terribly addictive and tough to taper when not in WD.  Let alone being in WD they are much tougher.  Short term usage is okay when needed,  they have value that way especially when there is damage to the esphogus  or bleeding.  but other than that  I'd avoid this class of drug if you can due to the addicting properties.

If you try everything and acid reflux is still horrible then I'd shoot for occasional use of Zantac , PPIs are much more difficult to come off and usually have to be taken everyday or rebound acid occurs.  If your stuck on PPIs for now  try not to worry. One baby step at a time .  Most of us on here are polydrugged . And PPIs although not a good drug is nowhere close to as dangerous as SSRIs or SNRI. Which in my opinion have 0 reasons to ever be used ,no mater how short the duration.  

"If your stuck on PPIs for now  try not to worry. One baby step at a time .  Most of us on here are polydrugged . And PPIs although not a good drug is nowhere close to as dangerous as SSRIs or SNRI."

Thanks so much.  You don't know how much better I feel.  You are right about PPI v SSRI.  I am going to as best I can with diet and exercise and hold off on the PPI until I am in a better place.  

June 1995 Zoloft

August 2000  -November 2000 - Stopped abruptly for pregnancy (returned to depressed state, serious withdrawal symptoms including raging anger, crying, loss of interest in life)

June - September 2009 - stopped Cymbalta after discussing with p-doc.  Not told about tapering.  Nausea, dizziness, brain zaps, raging anger and depression for about 3 months

June 2017 began to taper off Lexapro doses of 10 mg,  reduced to 5 mg for 2 weeks and then 5 mg every other day - off by July 10 

2013- September  2017 - Omeprazole - Learned my GERD was caused by Lexapro  - now happily off without rebound or any pain!

No prob ! I know how tough it can be to taper off these meds when in SSRI wd . It's very hard considering stress causes acid reflux,  and wd is stress from another planet.  So trying to do it while still in acute WD is a difficult task to say the least.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether someone said this already, but my experience with them was that I needed to take them for a week because I needed to take ibuprofen for a week in combination with an antidepressant (which can cause stomach ulsers). It made me feel weird, mentally and I had the feeling like my ADHD meds weren't working at all. I did not like it. 

On a combination of antidepressants, antipsychotics and ADHD meds since I was 16, my 21st birthday is September 19 (2017) 
Meds that did not work for me and that I took in the past:
citalopram, venlafaxine, risperidon, abipiprazole, methylphenidate IR/concerta/telekinet

As of July I'm on 25 mg Quetiapine (IR) 
I currently take 125 mg Quetiapine as of March 29 2018 (Highest dose: 300 XR, 100 mg IR. A total of 400 mg)

I also take fluoxetine 40 mg and dexamfetamine 10 mg 3 times a day. I'm not tapering anything besides Quetiapine

I've never had psychosis to begin with, and I'm experiencing lots of side effects because of the AP, which made me decide to quit. I'm slowly feeling a bit more like myself again.

peaceoutofchaos, if you took ibuprofen &, I assume, an acid reflux medication in tandem, how do you know which one to blame?

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

• 1 year later...

I read somewhere that PPI cause cognitive decline. I started using PPIs around a month ago, and my symptoms (GERD symptoms combined with unexplainable upper abdominal pain that is reduced only by acid suppressing drugs) came back so my doctor updosed the med.

During the first month of taking it, there was a barely noticeable decline, only I felt it and it wasn't bothering me that much, if at all. I didn't want to stop taking meds because my doctor told me that I will be on them short-term (for that one month). Now that I'm on a higher dose for around 3 days, I'm noticing a significant decline (compared to my normal mental state), and I feel like I am on antipsychotics again. Everything is foggy, but not in a dpdr way, but in a way that I feel lost, like someone who is on their way to develop dementia. There is something very wrong about this feeling and about this group of meds.

And not only that my med was updosed, but more meds were added. One of them is H2 blocker that I am supposed to take with PPI. I knew something was going to happen when I updose PPI, so I didn't want to take H2 blocker with it right away. I haven't started taking H2 blocker yet and I'm not sure if I am even going to. If I did, I would probably feel way worse cognitively than I do now. I don't know if I would be able to write this.

The dose slowed me down and made me feel like my personality and psyche are disintegrating and deteriorating, because I have a feeling like I am high on heavy drugs.

It's only been 3 days and I'm planning to do something about it. Feeling like I am on antipsychotic again is traumatizing for me. It reminds me of a feeling I used to have, the hopelessness I used to feel, the powerlessness to do anything because I am drugged... I'm young and I don't know how will this impact my brain development.

I'm on pantoprazole, 40mg in the morning and another 40mg in the evening. So, basically, 80mg/day. I haven't been using any psychiatric medications for around 9 months, and my 'withdrawal' started 2 years ago, so many symptoms of it subsided before I completely gave up meds, forever, 9 months ago. My cognition was the worst problem for me at the beginning of withdrawal, but I recovered from that after and my cognition started being better than ever in my life, and now I feel like I'm losing it again. Because of fear, I started taking vitamin B as a supplement, as many people recommend.

I know meds for acid reflux aren't as dangerous as psychiatric ones, but still, I don't want to use them. I also don't believe they are going to solve any of my stomach problems... but I gave them a try as my symptoms severely lowered my quality of life.

There are conflicting opinions on links between PPI usage and dementia, Alzheimer's disease, cognitive decline... Some studies say those two are not connected, some say they increase the risk of developing those diseases, and some say they are connected. I read somewhere that PPIs increase the production of beta amino acid in the brain. Increased production of that amino acid is connected to Alzheimer's disease. Combine that with possible B12, magnesium, calcium etc. deficiency that comes with PPI usage and boom, awesome recipe for (maybe even moderate) decline in cognition. I haven't researched those topics well enough, so take my words with grain of salt.

Hopefully someone who knows more about this is going to explain.

I need advice on what to do. Was anyone here in a similar situation? What did you do? If you weren't, what would you do if you were in my situation?
Thanks in advance.

My withdrawal journey (click)

"If you're going through hell - keep going".

Hi Apathetic - It sounds like you are struggling so I will try to help.  I quit SSRIs (painfully) last year.  Once off the Lexapro I no longer needed the ppi.  There really isn't a strong connection between PPI and cognitive decline.  It does sound like things are bad, are there any other options to explore as a possible cause?  Can you work with a helpful therapist or doctor could help?  You do have symptoms although they may be related to something else.

June 1995 Zoloft

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator

@voyteck wants everyone to know this:

Combining particular PPI and SSRI can increase the concentration of the latter 2-fold!

From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4297217/

On the basis of our data, using omeprazole or esomeprazole concomitantly with escitalopram 20 mg/d would cause an escitalopram concentration equivalent to taking an escitalopram dose of close to 40 mg/d, ie, above the recommended maximum daily dose.

Conclusions:

The effect of comedication with PPIs on the serum concentration of SSRIs is more pronounced for omeprazole and esomeprazole than for lansoprazole and pantoprazole, and escitalopram is affected to a greater extent than are citalopram and sertraline. When omeprazole or esomeprazole are used in combination with escitalopram, a 50% dose reduction of the latter should be considered.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Been on nexium since I was about 15, so around 21 years. It’s possible I was on Prilosec instead of Nexium during teenage years, burn Ive been on a PPI for a long time. I Take 40mg Nexium daily. I was born without the flap on top of the esophagus. Had a fundoplication to tighten esophagus. I think i can control my acid reflux with diet. Is it ok to taper Nexium while in withdrawal? 

Nexium and other PPIs: 1997-2019. Currently Nexium 20mg, 4/22 - 17.5mg

Lexapro: 2003-2018 back and forth between 20mg and 10mg. June 2018 CT.

Luvox for a few weeks, then Reinstated Lexapro 20mg. April 2018 quit Lexapro CT.

Buspirone: 2013-2017 10mg on and off.

Zyrtec: 2016 Stopped April 2022.

Effexor XR: August 2018-150mg. Sept. 2019-139 mg. Oct. 2019-122mg Dec 2019-112mg Feb. 2020-101mg Apr 2020-93mg

May 2020-75mg Aug 2020-66mg Sept 2020-53mg Nov 2020-37.5mg 12/14/20-20mg 1/18/21-12mg 2/15/21-7mg/19 beads 8/23/21-6.3mg/16 beads 4/5/22 UPDOSE-7mg

Klonopin: August 2018 2mg daily. April 2019 began taper. June 2019 .25mg. Sept. 2019. 0.2mg. 3/17/22 UPDOSE-0.3mg

• 1 year later...

If one has to take an H2 blocker (i.e. Pepcid) nightly despite diet/lifestyle changes, does this hinder/complicate a slow SSRI taper? As long as B-12 levels are maintained is that the most significant issue? Do H2 blockers also increase the concentration/interfere with SSRIs or is this more specific to PPIs?  Thanks for any tips anyone can provide.

Jan 2005 - Nov 2006: Sertraline 50 mg

Nov 2006: Escitalopram 10 mg for 3-4 days

Aug 2008 - Sep 2008: Sertraline 12.5 mg
Oct 2007 - Mar 2009: Amitriptyline 10 mg (3-4 days switch to Buspirone and then Sertraline)

Apr 2009 - Dec 2010: Escitalopram 5 mg

Jan 2011 - Aug 2018: Escitalopram 10 mg

Sep 2018 - May 2019: Escitalopram 20 mg

Jun 2019: Escitalopram 15 mg
2020: 15 mg Sep 12.5 mg
2021: Mar-21 11.9 mg, May-1 10.7 mg, Jun-16 9.64 mg

Additional: Famotidine (Pepcid AC) 30 mg, Vitamin D3 25 mcg (intermittently), Vitamin B12 1000 mcg (5-7 days a week)

• 7 months later...

Hi there! Has anyone had experience trying to taper of the PPI omeprazole (40 mg) since March (5 months) while weaning off of SSRI lexapro? I've been on 2.5 mg of lexapro since April after weaning off way too fast and having extreme withdrawal symptoms. I found research sttting these two specific drugs together can double the amount of lexapro in system. I'm scared I really have 5 mg worth in my system and if I try to wean off of omeprazole I'll go into withdrawal symptoms. Can I prepare my body in any way before trying to lower it? I have SIBO, C diff, and lots of other bacterial overgrowth and its extremely important I get off so I can absorb more nutrients. I am getting back to being strict with my diet of no gluten, dairy, soy, antiinflammatory, low fodmap, GAPS, low histamine, etc. 

-2014: Lexapro/escitalopram 10 mg, 2015-2021: Lexapro/escitalopram 20 mg

-10/2020-3/2021: decreased 20 mg to 15 mg, 1 mg a month

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-4/2021: 3-6 days cold turkey lexapro, withdrawal symptoms so reinstated 2.5 mg 

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

-11/2020 omeprazole 20 mg, 3/2021: omeprazole 40 mg,

-Nordic Naturals Ultimate omega 3 fish pill: 1280 mg

-montelukast: 10 mg dailyzyrtec: 10 mg daily 

-3/20/2021-7/25: mesalamine 1.2 GM, 3 times a day - dropped

-birth control: Trilinyah 2014- 2/1/2021 quit cold turkey middle of pack 

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

7/16/2021 - probiophage probiotic - dropped 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:06 PM, Sicksagittarius said:

@AltostrataHi there! Has anyone had experience trying to taper of the PPI omeprazole (40 mg) since March (5 months) while weaning off of SSRI lexapro? I've been on 2.5 mg of lexapro since April after weaning off way too fast and having extreme withdrawal symptoms. I found research sttting these two specific drugs together can double the amount of lexapro in system. I'm scared I really have 5 mg worth in my system and if I try to wean off of omeprazole I'll go into withdrawal symptoms. Can I prepare my body in any way before trying to lower it? I have SIBO, C diff, and lots of other bacterial overgrowth and its extremely important I get off so I can absorb more nutrients. I am getting back to being strict with my diet of no gluten, dairy, soy, antiinflammatory, low fodmap, GAPS, low histamine, etc. 

-2014: Lexapro/escitalopram 10 mg, 2015-2021: Lexapro/escitalopram 20 mg

-10/2020-3/2021: decreased 20 mg to 15 mg, 1 mg a month

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-4/2021: 3-6 days cold turkey lexapro, withdrawal symptoms so reinstated 2.5 mg 

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

-11/2020 omeprazole 20 mg, 3/2021: omeprazole 40 mg,

-Nordic Naturals Ultimate omega 3 fish pill: 1280 mg

-montelukast: 10 mg dailyzyrtec: 10 mg daily 

-3/20/2021-7/25: mesalamine 1.2 GM, 3 times a day - dropped

-birth control: Trilinyah 2014- 2/1/2021 quit cold turkey middle of pack 

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

7/16/2021 - probiophage probiotic - dropped 

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2019 at 1:58 PM, Altostrata said:

@voyteck wants everyone to know this:

From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4297217/

Oh boy. I’m glad I keep reading. I’ve been on PPI for way too long, 25 years. I’ve tried to get off, but cold other never worked and I couldn’t stick to tapering. I’m an ADR from one pill of bupropion. It’s scary and relieving to read this thread. I’m at 61 days after the lone pill. I’m getting better, but issues still remain. All of this is piecing together. Wow. 

May 8, 2023

One pill Bupropion sr 150mg

That’s it.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy