Altostrata

How to find just about anything on this site

7 posts in this topic

Often, you can find topics of interest using site Search in the upper right of each page.

But, sometimes site Search won't work.

Site search does not recognize 3-letter words or acronyms

However, this search system does not recognize 3-letter words or acronyms. This is a common flaw in search systems bundled with forum software. I can't fix it.

This makes it particularly difficult to find supplements or vitamins such as SAM-e, 5-HTP, or B12.

Try synonyms or longer words that mean the same thing

I try to provide synonyms so these kinds of things can be found in site search. For example, you'd be able to find SAM-e or 5-HTP by looking for their compound names: S-Adenosyl methionine, 5-hydroxytryptophan, or cobalamin.

Use Google!!!

Google has a way to search this site, or any site. You can do this even if you're not a member of SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

Open Google search and in the search box type this:

site:survivingantidepressants.org 5-HTP

and you will get all the references to 5-HTP on this site.

You can substitute any word or terms for the term in red (or any site for the URL in blue -- no space between site: and the URL).

Added: Site Advanced Search

There is an advanced search capability that allows searches by username, forum, date, tag, etc. To open the advanced search page, click on the little white wheel next to the search field in the top right of the page:

1ohnfo021mpynj84g.jpg

Very cool... so that's how you find all those neat back posts. Posted Image

Thanks!

Thanks Alto,

I have found that when I search Google info from SA pops up. I have had problems search this site for specific info. So Google does work.

Caro :rolleyes:

Cheers!

I've noticed for a while now that when you enter the search terms <antidepressant withdrawal> on google, SA appears on the first page of results!

Sometimes as high as fourth on the list, but invariably on the first page. :)

Just found this, that's really useful to know.