If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

How to find just about anything on this site

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Often, you can find topics of interest using site Search in the upper right of each page.

But, sometimes site Search won't work.

Site search does not recognize 3-letter words or acronyms
However, this search system does not recognize 3-letter words or acronyms. This is a common flaw in search systems bundled with forum software. I can't fix it.

This makes it particularly difficult to find supplements or vitamins such as SAM-e, 5-HTP, or B12.

Try synonyms or longer words that mean the same thing
I try to provide synonyms so these kinds of things can be found in site search. For example, you'd be able to find SAM-e or 5-HTP by looking for their compound names: S-Adenosyl methionine, 5-hydroxytryptophan, or cobalamin.

Use Google!!!
Google has a way to search this site, or any site. You can do this even if you're not a member of SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

Open Google search and in the search box type this:

site:survivingantidepressants.org 5-HTP

and you will get all the references to 5-HTP on this site.

You can substitute any word or terms for the term in red (or any site for the URL in blue -- no space between site: and the URL).

Added: Site Advanced Search
There is an advanced search capability that allows searches by username, forum, date, tag, etc. To open the advanced search page, click on the little white wheel next to the search field in the top right of the page:
1ohnfo021mpynj84g.jpg
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#2 Skyler

Skyler

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Very cool... so that's how you find all those neat back posts. Posted Image

Thanks!

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

#3 caro123

caro123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationQld/Australia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thanks Alto, I have found that when I search Google info from SA pops up. I have had problems search this site for specific info. So Google does work. Caro :rolleyes:
1995 Post Natal Dep - Zoloft ?dose (as well as 5mg valium and sleeping tablet) Quit after a couple of months.
1998 PND - Effexor-xr 150mg. Tried reducing but failed due to heightened anxiety. Quit cold turkey when pregnant with 3rd child.
2003 PND again on Effexor-xr 150mg. Numerous times tried to wean.
2006 75mg.
2010 Weaned off too fast as per dr recom 75mg every 2nd day etc. was Effexor-xr free for 3 months. Reinstated 75mg
1/6/12 = 72 mg
2/7/12 = 69 mg
16/7/12 = 67.5 mg
1/8/12 = 60 mg
19/8;12 = 52.5 mg
4/9/12 = 45mg
2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

#4 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Cheers!
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

#5 Brandy

Brandy

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Location...

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I've noticed for a while now that when you enter the search terms <antidepressant withdrawal> on google, SA appears on the first page of results! Sometimes as high as fourth on the list, but invariably on the first page. :)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivinganti...nyone/?p=110343

#6 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,098 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Advanced Google search tips: http://www.theatlant...le-wrong/59013/

#7 strawberry17

strawberry17

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationSuffolk U.K

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Just found this, that's really useful to know.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/

Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. Been on the antidepressant merry go round since November 1998.