SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

How to find just about anything on this site

Altostrata

• Administrator

Often, you can find topics of interest using site Search in the upper right of each page.

But, sometimes site Search won't work.

Site search does not recognize 3-letter words or acronyms

However, this search system does not recognize 3-letter words or acronyms. This is a common flaw in search systems bundled with forum software. I can't fix it.

This makes it particularly difficult to find supplements or vitamins such as SAM-e, 5-HTP, or B12.

Try synonyms or longer words that mean the same thing

I try to provide synonyms so these kinds of things can be found in site search. For example, you'd be able to find SAM-e or 5-HTP by looking for their compound names: S-Adenosyl methionine, 5-hydroxytryptophan, or cobalamin.

Use Google!!!

Google has a way to search this site, or any site. You can do this even if you're not a member of SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

Open Google search and in the search box type this:

site:survivingantidepressants.org 5-HTP

and you will get all the references to 5-HTP on this site.

You can substitute any word or terms for the term in red (or any site for the URL in blue -- no space between site: and the URL).

Added: Site Advanced Search

There is an advanced search capability that allows searches by username, forum, date, tag, etc. To open the advanced search page, click on the little white wheel next to the search field in the top right of the page:

1ohnfo021mpynj84g.jpg

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Very cool... so that's how you find all those neat back posts. Posted Image

Thanks!

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thanks Alto,

I have found that when I search Google info from SA pops up. I have had problems search this site for specific info. So Google does work.

Caro :rolleyes:

1995 Post Natal Dep - Zoloft ?dose (as well as 5mg valium and sleeping tablet) Quit after a couple of months.

1998 PND - Effexor-xr 150mg. Tried reducing but failed due to heightened anxiety. Quit cold turkey when pregnant with 3rd child.

2003 PND again on Effexor-xr 150mg. Numerous times tried to wean.

2006 75mg.

2010 Weaned off too fast as per dr recom 75mg every 2nd day etc. was Effexor-xr free for 3 months. Reinstated 75mg

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

• Administrator

Cheers!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I've noticed for a while now that when you enter the search terms <antidepressant withdrawal> on google, SA appears on the first page of results!

Sometimes as high as fourth on the list, but invariably on the first page. :)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

• Moderator Emeritus

Just found this, that's really useful to know.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• 7 years later...
  • Administrator

To find the topics marked with a sun ( ☼), enter this in Google search:

site:survivingantidepressants.org &#9788; 

This will return all the ☼ topics. (&#9788; is the Unicode for this symbol. It does not work in site search.)

The ☼ topics are people who have turned the corner and are on their roads to recovery.

Edited by Altostrata
fixed code

• 8 months later...

How do I find the guidelines for supplements

. Seroxat 2001 ish to 2002 ish

. Citalopram 20- 5mg 2002- 2016 

Citalopram 5mg for 5 weeks 10mg for 5 weeks from May 2017

.Sertraline 12.5 to 25 to 37.5 to 50mg from Aug 17 to Nov 17 

.Sertraline attempted taper from 50mg April 18 to September 18 from 50mg to 12.5mg. 

. Sertraline cold turkey from 12.5mg 1st October 18

• Moderator Emeritus

Use an internet search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

You can start by doing a search for the word supplement and also do searches for supplement name.  If it is a supplement which contains ingredients you can search for the ingredients individually.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 year later...

Can I get notices of new posts in threads I have started or have posted on?

Ativan 2004 - 2016. 20 month taper. Benzo free. 

Originally Prozac, on to Zoloft 100 mg, 2004 to present.

Gabapentin 100 - 200 as needed 2014 to present.

Aripiprazole: 2 months at 1.25, 4 months at 2 mg. Tried to stop 4 times over last 3 months. spent time at 1 mg. Currently at .5 mg. (Splitting 2 mg pill into quarters)

Hi @seventyseven

If you go into your profile Account Settings under Other Settings, you'll find Notification Settings. 

There you can select the option to get notified about content you follow, as well as content you've created or been mentioned in. 

To follow content, for example this thread, you can either select the Follow topic toggle that you find at the bottom left-hand side of the reply box; or you can click on Follow on the right-hand side of the title space up top. 

Hope this helps,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

43 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Hi @seventyseven

If you go into your profile Account Settings under Other Settings, you'll find Notification Settings. 

There you can select the option to get notified about content you follow, as well as content you've created or been mentioned in. 

To follow content, for example this thread, you can either select the Follow topic toggle that you find at the bottom left-hand side of the reply box; or you can click on Follow on the right-hand side of the title space up top. 

Hope this helps,

A.

I am already following my own intro thread but I don't get a notice.

Aripiprazole: 2 months at 1.25, 4 months at 2 mg. Tried to stop 4 times over last 3 months. spent time at 1 mg. Currently at .5 mg. (Splitting 2 mg pill into quarters)

Just now, seventyseven said:

I am already following my own intro thread but I don't get a notice.

Have you turned on your notifications?

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

26 minutes ago, Ariel said:

Have you turned on your notifications?

I did now. Lets see what happens

Is there an efficient way to export my thread? Not delete, just export for myself into a document. Is there a function/shortcut for that to avoid a ton of copy-pasting?

• Administrator
On 6/24/2022 at 12:19 AM, Ariel said:

Is there an efficient way to export my thread? Not delete, just export for myself into a document. Is there a function/shortcut for that to avoid a ton of copy-pasting?

Very sorry this does not exist, though I requested it long ago.

Hi <3

A member has brought to my attention a valid point, thought it worth sharing. 

(in reply to a link about stabilizing)

47 minutes ago, Combitone said:

Thanks for this - I wish I'd gotten to whatever page of search results this was listed on, or maybe it's just the curse of searching with a 's' in 'stabilise' instead of a 'z' 😄

Might it be possible to add tags with alternate spellings?  

Thank you to all the mods and admin staff for your dedication and hard work <3

P.S. 

I'd gladly do some tag editing around the site, if this is something that could be useful.