Vagus Nerve Stimulation

Nadia

• Mentor

43 Techniques to Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System and Lower Stress

https://healyournervoussystem.com/45-techniques-to-activate-your-parasympathetic-nervous-system-and-lower-stress/

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

4 hours ago, Catina7 said:

43 Techniques to Activate Your Parasympathetic Nervous System and Lower Stress

https://healyournervoussystem.com/45-techniques-to-activate-your-parasympathetic-nervous-system-and-lower-stress/

Unfortunately the problem we have in withdrawal is wild fluctuations between parasympathetic and sympathetic activity. 

Excess parasympathetic activation also becomes a problem - imagine trying to sleep, but you have to pee, fart and have a bowel movement - all simultaneously .

Some of the tips can actually be dangerous, especially the ear seeds (that's what made me go on medication) and heat (hot shower/sauna). 

Chronic IBS since 1990

Former smoker (1992- Jun 2017)

Prescribed mirtazapine for sleep in Aug 2017 after IBS flare-up following Nicotine cessation.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg 8/17 to 5/18

Mirtazapine 3.75mg 5/18 to 1/19

Off Mirtazapine since 2/19.

Vit B, Vit D+K2 and Magnesium Glycinate as needed.

On Ayurvedic herbs for GI issues - Guduchi since Jul 2020, Indukantham since Oct 2020

On Ashwagandha 1g since Nov 2020

• Mentor
1 hour ago, tsranga said:

Unfortunately the problem we have in withdrawal is wild fluctuations between parasympathetic and sympathetic activity. 

Excess parasympathetic activation also becomes a problem - imagine trying to sleep, but you have to pee, fart and have a bowel movement - all simultaneously .

Some of the tips can actually be dangerous, especially the ear seeds (that's what made me go on medication) and heat (hot shower/sauna). 

Wow, I was not aware of problems with excess parasympathetic activation; thank you for this information.  We all learn from each other!  

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

17 hours ago, Catina7 said:

Wow, I was not aware of problems with excess parasympathetic activation; thank you for this information.  We all learn from each other!  

This is the problem we all run into during withdrawal and that is we all respond so wildly differently that what is helpful and hurtful from one person to the next is unpredictable. So each of these techniques may be very helpful to one person but hurtful to another and also they may be helpful at one point withdrawal but then not at a different point in withdrawal it's a crazy process. So the key is try the gentlest and shortest acting techniques first and use the least aggressive thing that you can to get through a symptom which is why the breathing techniques seem to work pretty well for most people. Careful experimentation is key to find what works for each person.

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy