SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Akathisia vs restlessness, anxiety, agitation

Altostrata

Ive been off of benzos for about six months and this inner restlessness just started and it is extreme in nature it is inner turmoil and anguish. I am on gabapentin 300mg tid. I have been on it since my cold turkey is there a way this med could be causing this somehow? It is used to treat akathisia and it has only seemed to get worse this last month or so whats going on? Its developed to the point of suicidal obbsession because its so tormenting its more mental than physical although i do feel it physically its not limb movement or anything like that its just mental anguish and torture whats going on please help me

Current meds ativan 2.5mg 3x a day gabapentin 300mg 3x a day methadone down to 38 from 40mg once a day.

have tried holding. ...switching to kpin.... valium. .. updosing mskes worse all damage lies underneath all meds not in pharmocologicalwd but am in worse shape than was cold turkey symptoms never got better reinstatement only worse now in impossible web hep c toxic neurons very possible lyme kindled been reinstated for a year and symptoms and psuchological torment are so severe that i csnnot taper anything body and ming failing immune problems thyroid every type of psin photosensitive acusis psychotic terror and confusion cannot control actions cannot lsy down but cant sit i nod and awake in terror tormen every cell exploding shaking visual disturbances march agressively in place whimpering meds are killing me but cant taper off because severe symptoms waves getting worse and worse no matter what i pull my hair out need to run to er but cant help every med makes me worse sever psychotic akathisia feel like neurotoxic i live alone cant take care of myself cannot taper for years cuz im already past my threshold also herpes 1 Epstein barr maybe citamegalovirus hep c very high liver enzymes severe ocd agorifobia burning skin so so so sick piain that is unexplainable very possible lyme this is not all withdrawals im technically not even in withdrawal because higher dosed dont help makes worse cant take care to be alone my brain flips in ways that only someone being tormented in hell could understand i cant seem to find anyone to relate too cuz everyone is able to do slow tsper but im getting rapidly worse whether tspering or not but tapering i not in safe position these drugs can cause permanent damage i need off but the trauma and twisted torment im not true psychosis but i have irrational beliefs can no longer be held or touched lose grip the torment and trauma are burning me alive time is backward. Dont know what to do been looking for a year. Waves getting more more intense have to eat standing up cant breathe put sentences together lyphnode swelling whole outer neck see shadows last 6 months rapid decline every day help me. Please

The only way I have found to help this akiathisia is meditation... It takes time about 2 weeks (doing meditation every day for a min of 30 mins a day) to help could take you longer but that's what helped me....

I went to my nearest Buddha temple and they learnt me for free :)

Plus there's tons of YouTube videos to help :)

1999: amitriptyline
2002: fluoxetine
2003: venlafaxine
2007: Paxil 20mg
2012: Paxil 30mg
2014 june: Paxil stopped working and was put on citalopram 20mg
2014 august: docs put me on Paxil 20mg still feeling bad and had to stop antihistamines for hives
2015 January: doctors put me on sertriline 50mg
2015 February March: doctors wanted me to go back on Paxil 20mg
2015 April 1st: I wanted off and dropped to 10mg
9/5/15  Feeling worse for ware!  struggling but i WILL get through this

Using a happy mantra when meditating can help up your mood a lot!

I use things like: "today will be a good day... I feel happy and nothing can stop me"

"I love everything and everyone... I forgive everyone and everything"

1999: amitriptyline
2002: fluoxetine
2003: venlafaxine
2007: Paxil 20mg
2012: Paxil 30mg
2014 june: Paxil stopped working and was put on citalopram 20mg
2014 august: docs put me on Paxil 20mg still feeling bad and had to stop antihistamines for hives
2015 January: doctors put me on sertriline 50mg
2015 February March: doctors wanted me to go back on Paxil 20mg
2015 April 1st: I wanted off and dropped to 10mg
9/5/15  Feeling worse for ware!  struggling but i WILL get through this

• 1 month later...

I've been suffering with severe akathisia since February 2015 when I made the mistake of accepting a new antidepressant the doctor prescribed for severe depression (which might be withdrawal depression and also genetic predisposition to depression, I had already had it in a milder way but not as bad). Sometimes it's extremely severe and makes me suicidal, sometimes it is more tolerable. Sometimes it is there even if I'm in a good mood, sometimes the physical torture of it make me extremely dysphoric and depressed. 

It's hard to pinpoint what akathisia feels like. I guess it's a symptom that cannot be compared to anything else, because as someone else mentioned before, it does not exist in nature, it's just drug induced, and it's HELL. It does feel like extreme energy inside that compels one to move, run, jump without much relief or like having drank 100 cups of coffee, but it's not quite exactly like that. It's just an inner physical TORTURE that has made me want to die just so it can stop. 

I've had no choice but to take conazepam, biperidem (an anticholinergic) and Lyrica to keep it under control. Otherwise, I would probably be dead. I know that sounds drastic, but that's how severe it has been for me. 

I hope it goes away for good some day. The short periods of time when it's under control I live with the fear of the moment when it will come back. It is a horror movie going on inside your body and mind. On the positive side, like I said sometimes I have it when I'm in a normal or good mood, and I can cope with it even though it's very uncomfortable. 

I send my heart out to every soul that has experienced this torture of WD syndrome or side effect. 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Cdav, I totally get what you are saying. "TORTURE" is a perfect way to describe it. I also have it in varying degrees. It is constant to some degree. At its worst, I scream at the top of my lungs and pull my hair out--literally! (My poor husband and pets!) There is no controlling it. I have had it since early September, 2014, due to a much too rapid taper of Zoloft (100 mg. in 6 weeks). As I stated above, my nervous system is so sensitive, I am unable to take anything without just making it worse. My thoughts are with you. Hope you are able to escape this soon!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Cdav, they say the akathisia does eventually go away for everyone, so I have to believe that. Hoping and praying this lets up for both of us SOON!!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• 2 months later...

Does anyone experience akathisia or agitation after eating? It seems anything I eat right now sets off major inner restlessness for about 30 min to an hour after I eat.

I have not had akathisia much up to this point but this is awful. It's after pretty much anything I eat followed by heartburn/acid reflux.

Lexapro from October 2012-October 2014

10mg from Oct 2012-Feb 201320mg from Feb 2013-June 201310mg from July 2013-April 2014
Began taper via liquid Lexapro from April 2014-September 2014(Roughly 6 month taper)---0.00 on Oct 1 2014--WD began in December 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstated to 10mg - 10mg Tablet October 15, 2015 - Stable by Mid-January, 2016

2016 - 9mg 3/26/16....8mg 5/11/16....7mg 7/05/16....6mg 8/26/16....5mg 10/31/16

2017 - 4mg 3/06/17....3mg 6/24/17....2mg 9/07/17...1.25mg 10/21/17....1mg 11/04/2017

2018 - 0.75mg 1/21/18....0.5mg 2/18/18....0.25mg 3/13/18....0.125mg 3/27/18....0.000 4/9/18

Supplements - 15B probiotic on and off. Usually helps w/ mood but sometimes is too activating.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found exercise to be helpful with this? I think I have it mildly. Over the past few days there are waves, probably 30-60 minutes where I am just so tense and anxious and have this trembling feeling I can't shake. I used to exercise a lot but due to an injury that's still healing (about 3 months ago, pre-AD, broke my leg), it limits my ability to get up and just go for a run or something. I think I was actually having this a bit before I made my mistake with Lexapro though, so I'm hoping once I can get back into the gym it will help a lot.

9/15/15 - Lexapro 10mg, taken for 2 days. Bad side effects, decided Lexapro wasn't for me. Constant yawning, brain zaps, lethargy/insomnia, constant fog/lightheadedness, DP/DR, fear and anxiety worse than before. Intolerable.

Current symptoms: "Disconnected", mild but constant dizzy/lightheadedness, head pressure, brain fog, intermittent sharp brain pains, low grade headache all the time, anxiety. Vision weirdness... might just be heightened awareness of a preexisting need for Rx glasses. Hypochondria.

In awe at all the strong people I read about here.

Has anyone found exercise to be helpful with this? I think I have it mildly. Over the past few days there are waves, probably 30-60 minutes where I am just so tense and anxious and have this trembling feeling I can't shake. I used to exercise a lot but due to an injury that's still healing (about 3 months ago, pre-AD, broke my leg), it limits my ability to get up and just go for a run or something. I think I was actually having this a bit before I made my mistake with Lexapro though, so I'm hoping once I can get back into the gym it will help a lot.

I can't do what I feel qualifies as exercise but when I get this mildly I do find physical activity helpful. Maybe burns off circulating adrenalin and keeps mind occupied. Sorting out the garage. Wood store. Etc. so moving and having to think but not massively strenuous

Paxil 10mg 21/2 years to June 2012 after a 2 month taper

Re: akathisia/restless legs syndrome.

I had restless legs syndrome at bedtime years ago during my protracted withdrawal from Prozac.

The WD RLS lasted for about three years, and finally went away with my other Prozac WD symptoms: severe daily fatigue and sensitivity to light. Good riddance!

The whole time, back then, I didn't know I was in protracted WD from Prozac; I thought I had some weird illness like CFS. Looking back now, it's as clear as day what caused my disabling symptoms during 2003 - 2007; it was protracted Prozac WD.

What I do remember, is during that time, I once took oxycontin for a few days for pain relief from some ailment. 

When I stopped taking the oxycontin, my bedtime RLS went through the roof! Not only were my legs restless, but it creeped up my spine and my arms were restless too. That lasted only a couple days.

So I looked up opiates, and sure enough, WD from opiates is known to aggravate RLS.

So for me, RLS has always been associated with drug withdrawal. Once with acute WD (oxyc) and for years with protracted WD (Prozac).

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon this penguin has akathisia!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rGEqWzw8A9g

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if my stomach sensations are Akasthisia or what. Ive kept my diet the same but sometimes I get this inner restlessness feeling in my gut and I cant relax. Its tough for me to decifer what is what. So many symptoms overlap.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a feeling of being internally tortured and a feeling of internal terror/horror/dread. It doesn't allow me to fall asleep because it feels torturous and I just lie in bed in agony. I don't know if it's akathisia. I don't have the urge to pace. But I feel very uncomfortable no matter what position I'm in. I hope it stops soon it's nasty. It gets especially bad when I lie down and try to relax and fall asleep. That's when it hits full force.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Mort, the difference is that anxiety is part of akathisia, but akathisia is not part of anxiety. Akathisia is characterized by a feeling of great internal discomfort, being internally tortured, restless, agitated and/or having the need to pace or move around and inability to sit or lie down and stay still. Wanting to jump out of your skin with the discomfort. It doesn't really matter what you call it, you'll know it if you're experiencing it. It's much more powerful than (severe) anxiety. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I figured out the difference by pinpointing a wave. I got nailed this morning with askathisia. It was triggered from an Epson salts bath that was probably too hot. I stuck it out but after the bath it got ugly. Now I know whem ive experienced this before. I had to take a bit more if my benzo. Not pretty that's forsure

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

I keep getting nailed with Askathisia. Seems to keep happening in the evenings. What I thought was bouts of intense anxiety was actually my response to this Askathisia. I have figured that out now. Its wicked. I definitely can't be out in public with this feeling

Yes, this is what I have been experiencing. It has a name! I have been trying so hard to explain this feeling to my partner and some of my friends but they look at me with blank albeit concerned faces. I don't have a need to move but I have inner terror, turmoil, dread, agitation.... Like constant adrenaline running through my body - but adrenaline without a purpose. I have found that very deep yogic breathing helps me (if I can find enough strength to pull myself away from the dread to even start) and strong powerful chanting also helps. I find it tremendously hard to do these though if I am stuck in the physical/psychological feelings of akathisia. This has really ramped up over the last week, as have most of my WD symptoms. I am almost 6 months out from my last dose of lexapro and it seems that this is a common time for WD symptoms to get worse.

I am so sorry to everyone who has to endure this hell. One day it will have to get better.

Started Lexapro 10mg August 2014

Severe side effects started in November 2014

Started tapering in February 2014, no way to stabilise on each taper since the side effects were always present

Finished taper on 9 June 2015.

Suffering ongoing withdrawal symptoms.

I know what everyone is talking about when heavy askathisia waves come. It almost like you cant do anything. Paralyzed with fear. Its relentless. Distraction is difficult. I managed to ease it somehow I don't know how. Its gotta be the worst symptom

• 1 month later...

This a journal about akathisia - and although there is only a little blurb in it about vitamin b6 I thought it was interesting to see it being used in clinical trials for the treatment of akathisia

http://www.healio.com/psychiatry/journals/psycann/2014-8-44-8/%7Bea0388e1-b8ea-4061-973a-fe3485f799f8%7D/akathisia-case-presentation-and-review-of-newer-treatment-agents

Edited by bubble
merged the post

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

Ive heard B6 can help but for others it can be too activating. My akathisia has been very weak for at least a few weeks now. But my neuro anxiety has been heightened lately. Its super strong every evening lately

My two cents on anxiety versus akathisia

Anxiety: I feel anxiety as a physical sensation in my gut. Burning, I guess. It's always because something is bothering me that I'm afraid to deal with, or something nerve-wracking like meeting new people is about to happen. 

Akathisia: Like 25% of subjects in clinical trials, I had akathisia on Abilify. I didn't know what it was, and my doctor (psychiatrist) went all Carl Rogers on me. "I hear what your are saying and I'm sorry you're suffering." She'd prescribed it for akathisia that she mistook for mania. It was a 4th drug in a health-wrecking ensemble.

I had the classic pacing, can't remain seated, can't lie down akathisia. Luckily she liked to email so I can understand what happened...

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

is a constant need to be bouncing your leg or shaking your leg akathisia?

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

• Moderator Emeritus

If it's just in the legs , that's more like RLS , restless leg syndrome.    

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Downton Girl.

The restless pacing phase went away pretty quickly when i got off Abilify, and I still didnt know what it was. I just found some emails to the shrink du jour, and I was saying it was unbearable. I emphasized that I was not exaggerating, but she really didn't get it. A couple years later I was nearly psychotic on skin-patchRitalin (Daytrana by Noven) for which a different doc prescribed Effexor. It wasn't akathisia, but after effectx

Unfort, I lived alone and freelanced over the net so I fell apart and got weird and weirder until my two excellent clients backed away slowly, and a gig taking photos for a book vaporized because I couldnt drive and emailed so many long explanatory rants...too embarrassed to contact the publisher now. (Afraid of rejection, actually.) Not long after I became an attic-dwelling total isolate, a very smart guy I'd begun chatting with online handed me this magic word, akathisia, and I thought back to the Abilify...he helped me see that I was pretty nutty, just from the speed itself. I basically ran out of pills and thus quit both drugs, and then the dread/terror/ doom set in not long after. I dont know if it is called akathisa without the inability to sit, but it wasn't psychological. It was my nervous system. Heart rate and blood pressure thru the roof at times.

Sleep was a rumor, a myth or some kind of hoax. Mornings were like the advent of torture. The light coming in at dawn meant there was no hope of the kind of micro-nap I sometimes got in the wee hours. I'd lost all my interests and passions so I couldnt kill time online. Could not relax, would sit stiff and immoble for long periods. Had seizure like events. The mood part-the morning dread-that lasted well over a year. The shrinks in town I saw would only prescribe the latest akathisia-producing APs. I drank beer to fall asleep but alcohol is famous for letting you sleep badly for 2-3 hours max, after which you lie awake until dawn. Still a wiser choice than pills, for me, imho.

I couldnt communicate properly. That's pretty common. My mouth couldn't say what my brain was trying to get across.

I turned a corner after I started on poor man's Bulletproof coffee. Butter (Kerrygold), coconut oil, and a cup of instant coffee every morning, to improve my memory, I hoped. But I blew myself away one morning when I realized i hadnt had the morning dread for a few days, and that I didnt feel like drinking and could actually fall asleep. I was posting about it as it happend. If I can find it without getting distracted and forgetting, I'll post think the link. (I'm left with not much in the way of a brain, but as long as the dread is gone, I'm happy enough)

are you still trembly on top and fidgety on the bottom?

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Hi Earthworm...welcome to the board! Notice the post above yours...Surviving's doctor says the agitation/akathisia resolves evenually once you are drug free, and that he does not prescribe for it. I had it very bad for a long time during my protracted w/d, but it has resolved. I do think that walking can help. I don't really think that there are any supplements that really help this problem. I had to be very careful when taking supplements because sometimes they made my symptoms worse...Omega 3 for example helps many, but made me feel like bouncing off the walls.

Does this mean i should make another drop to alleviate my akathisia? Sorry im very confused...
This chapter from the 1980s indicated that a Parksinson's drug called biperiden was very effective. If you want to stay drug free, that's obviously not the answer. If it's a matter of life and death, that's a different matter. His patients all got their Akathisia from fluphenazine, an "antipsychotic" for schizophrenia.

http://psychrights.org/research/Digest/NLPs/RWhitakerAffidavit/VanPuttenManyFacesofAkathisia.PDF

This article was nice to see but devolves into a list of drugs to try. It's not much help for those who don't want to risk new side effects and wasn' t especially gung ho on bisperiden.

http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/home/article/akathisia-is-restlessness-a-primary-condition-or-an-adverse-drug-effect/36f72ba0e0b0ae64c5c033d7b676448c.html

Back to biperiden. I don't know how I missed this. Just like Van Putten's results.

"Following i.v. administration on biperiden, the mean time to onset and maximum effect occurred 1.6 (SD = 1.9) and 9.2 minutes (SD = 6.0), respectively. Furthermore, at the time of maximal effect, akathisia was completely ameliorated in all patients. The side effects reported were mild and transient. Following i.m. administration, the mean time to onset and maximum effect were 30.5 (SD = 5.9) and 50 minutes (SD = 7.4), respectively. Thus, the time to maximal effect was significantly less (40 minutes) after i.v. compared to i.m. administration."

Side effects looke pretty bad. This is for oral administration, though

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/biperiden-side-effects.html

• 4 weeks later...

Akathisia has been my "friend", not really liked one once when was in multiple meds at the same time. But i cured, everything went well.My cns cured, happy end, almost forgot how terrible condition it is. It wasn´t really bad those days. If i would have remember that,  i wouldnt ever have touched to anything that could cause me this terrible condition.

This week the worst terrible nightmare happened and akathisia came back,because of one pill of Seroquel 25 mg. This time i feel i am seriously in trouble, there is no messing with AP:s. I had stopped Zyprexa, and doctor wanted to help me in my terrible insomnia, and wanted me to take one of the safest pill in the class of antipsychotics what it comes to side effects. What i should have thought is i am in Zyprexa withdrawal and i have had tremors and RLS(my body is telling something isnt right) so... maybe insomnia is better. It seriously is. I also felt discomfort in my legs everytime i took Zyprexa, but the feeling went away every morning.

What i think, there is no safe AP med and i hope i would have been far away from those meds but unfortunately not, my life went like this. Mistake with a big price, and i think its absurd that docs prescripe AP:s nowadays to almost every possible symptom. I think a risk of developing some kind of reaction has grown because i have stopped and started a couple of antipsychotic meds, not a path i would recommend to anyone. First contact with seroquel with much healthier brain and cns was positive. Happy sleep with no morning hangover. Quitting was easy and everything went well. I didn´t feel it destroying my ability to think, or numbing me, what i have felt after, maybe i just have so little in my brain left. (black humour). But this time trying Seroquel for sleep, what im not gonna do ever again,  I felt immediate reaction in my cns and in my brain, something just wasn´t right and i was really really anxious. It´s been absolutely terrible week since and I AM SO SCARED. I wanted to quit benzos but this week has been a benzo trip. I have been lying on the floor in my worst feelings and just moved my legs and cried. Now i have difficulties lying down with a laptop. This is like RLS x 100. The feeling starts from brain somehow, and goes in the arms, legs, and blocks quite well all the other thoughts.

After telling my doc, which i should been very far of, that i developed akathisia, he said it cant be it, because i could sit still. Yes, i can sit still when being in benzos somehow. My ability to cope with daily activities has really gone down. I also have felt, that akathisia comes like waves. I had better moments this day, but overall its just is there all the time. And it feels permanent, and im praying it isnt.

All this terrible path started from 5-htp which also is not good in case of akathisia. After it  i have been in a spiral that goes down. From little depression to hell in a week, and i have asked myself couple of times, why i visited doctor, because i haven´t had really positive outcomes from it.

All of you suffering from this, i can give so much empathy. This is terrible, but let´s just try to cope with this although this is pure hell.

2005-2009 Lexapro 10-20mg & Remeron 7,5mg: cold turkey

2010 tried Venlafaxine (month),

2011-2012 Seroquel 25mg (few months)

2014 6 days Cipro(antibiotics) adverse reaction

2011-2015 Lexapro 10-20mg (tapered off during 4 months) 

2015-2016 (all these drugs during 9 months during SSRI wd,did not tolerate most of them ) : tried Remeron, Temazepam. Reinstatement of Lexapro 3 months after stopping it: fail. Akathisia, insomnia. Zyprexa10mg, Sodium Valproate, Temazepam(20mg), Oxazepam 30-45 mgs. Switching meds: Seroquel 50-100mg, Oxazepam  30-45mg , Temazepam 20mg. Then back to Zyprexa 10mg, Temazepam20mg, doctor took me off Oxazepam fast. Then Zyprexa 20mg, Temazepam 20mg, melatonin10mg ( sometimes very rarely Valium 10 mg.) Zyprexa: cold turkey because 20 mg Zyprexa made akathisia intolerable after every dose. After it insomnia, 24/7 akathisia, adverse reactions to supplements.

2016 spring daily  Valium 15mg (for akathisia)>0mg (used for 4 months and during that time slowly tapered off), tried Betablockers (shortly), Temazepam 40 mg > 25 mg (tapered in 3 months)

2016 summer Temazepam 25 mg > 20 mg, melatonin 2,5 mg

2016 november Melatonin 0,5 mg, Temazepam 20 mg.  Started tapering again.

2022 july (microtapering) 3,0 mg Temazepam Supplements: Probiotics, magnesium oil occasionally, melatonin 0,5 mg

• 4 weeks later...

My akathisia had severely weakened in the last 3 months but it got heightened and reactivated after some pressure point work on my neck. I sure hope it goes away soon.

Hasn't gone away. Today even stronger.

at 7 years off any med, having had severe kind of akathisia which appeared month 9 to 15, then slowly diminishing, what i feel today

before, at a moment i said it has gone away, i was wrong, i was busy with other symptomes and do not see properly my feelings

it seem not gone away, it has moved in an internal inability to be quiet, tensed, nerves rigidity, such as nerve itching,

i can walk, stand, against a wall or a tree, sitting, speaking i have it permanent

what i feel is after 7 years, my body is unable to put it away, he could only change it in something a little different, but the result is akathisia is still with me, and if my body has not be able to put it away during so long time, i have doubt he will put it away in coming years

if possibly it will go away in future, i will post it

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

Yes, I definitely have this.  

I can't stop moving and have to walk for miles and miles to reduce my agitated state.  

Its also caused weight loss as my appetite dropped due to IBS and so balancing the two is getting difficult.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

I know lots of people have it and it goes away ! . Mine was gone for awile , a deep neck massage caused headaches and severe dizzyness. I think the Akathisisa is the result of other symptoms getting worse .  For me it never comes by itself. Everytime its a result of another symptom. Last time I had it bad was because my gut was so agitated . Like you jungle chicken it usually emerges from other symptoms. I think BTDT told me about this and I have come to realize its true for me .  I dont have it all the time . I can clearly feel when its present and when its not . AS I type this its not there . Stan I hope it goes away for you , having it for that long is not right. It makes me angry to think about it . I hope you get some releif 

Mort - did the IBS/agitation/restlessness cause you to lose weight despite being on medication??

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hey Jungle Chicken, while I was on the meds I no IBS issues and was a healthy weight. In fact probably 10 lbs too heavy which is fine. But after stopping the meds ive had massive ibs issues. They are calming down now but it took over a year to stabilize my weight. I went from 190 to about 145 in a few months and unable to eat properly. So now I am in a much better place with my eating and weight

One keyword that I think links RLS , with akathisia and the rest: Neurological damage. I was reading an article on all the neurological damage you can incur from taking antidepressants. 

2005/6-2013 - A wild rollercoaster of meds I can't remmeber, i was on 40mg of zyprexa at one point daily
2014 200mg Zoloft /5mg Saphris
2015 April 200mg Zoloft /5mg Saphris
2015 May 200mg Zoloft / 400mg Seroquel
2015 June 200mg Zoloft / 300mg Seroquel
2015 July 150mg Zoloft / 200mg Seroquel
2015 August 125mg Zoloft / 100mg Seroquel
2015 September 100mg Zoloft / 50mg Seroquel
2015 October 50mg Zoloft
2015 November 75mg Zoloft

2016 November 100mg Zoloft; 112.5mg Clozaril 

• 1 month later...

I get like an agitated feeling or restlessness in my chest ( like a burning sensation ) Neck and arms . Is this what you refer as internal akathisia? Or like increased cortisol / adrenaline spikes? It's usually more at night and in the mornings

Xanax PRN ( 1/2 of .25mg approximately 2-3 a month when needed ) since May 2015

In April 2016 started birth control and in my opinion it triggered anxiety for almost a week straight and took 1/2 .25mg Xanax everyday for that week ( never had taken that many in a row before )

Saw the family MD and gave me Prozac 20 mg.

took it for 6 days and could not handle the side effects and had to stop working

Went back to the dr on the 7 day and told me to stop CT . I told him that I was scared to stop so suddenly so he gave me 10mg to take to see if the side effects decreased

Took the 10mg that night and the next day felt so much worse . After that did take anything any more except and antibiotic due to UTI

It's been almost 7 weeks and I have a lot of weakness ( comes and goes) anxiety , cortisol urges at night and worse in the morning which usually lessens throughout the day , tinnitus , heavy leg feeling , fatigue and burning skin mostly my left arm, face and neck mainly when I fee the cortisol surges .

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't had agitation in a good couple of months, then got hit with it this morning again.  Is this normal?  I thought I was done with it!!

Started klonopin 11/7/14 at 0.5 mg

on K consistently until week prior to Christmas

on/of Klonopin and 0.5 mg Xanax until 3rd week in February

tried c/t 3rd week in february, crashed hard, ER several times

1 mg klonopin last week in February until 2nd week in March

Quit Zoloft c/t 1st week of March 2015 & started Amitriptyline

Quit amitriptyline 2nd week in March & started Cymbalta

0.5 mg cut of Klonopin 2nd week in March

0.5 to 0 mg Klonopin taper March to June 2

off Klonopin since June 2

Stopped cymbalta august 24, started zoloft august 24

Seroquel taper from 75 to 0 over 12 days, last dose September 4.

Started Compazine Aug 12,  10 mg day

Stopped compazine aug 17, bad withdrawl

Started Remeron 3.75mg 10/12/15

Off Compazine 11/2/15

Off Zoloft 11/25/2015

Off Remeron 1/2/16

Brief encounter with Buspirone 1/13/16 - 1/18/16 2 tablets, bad reaction - severe depression

Tried Colonidine 1/14/16-1/20/16 - severe depression

Only Atenolol since 1/20/16

Reinstated Remeron 15mg 3/26/16

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy