If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

How to write your success story

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,005 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

This forum is for success stories about recovery from withdrawal syndrome. If your withdrawal syndrome is completely resolved, please open a topic for yourself here, summarize who you are (age, medications you quit, your taper strategy) and the pattern of your recovery, including how long each stage took. If you have a topic in the Introductions forum, please include a link to your topic. Then a moderator will close your Intro topic. Please come back and visit every once in a while and add to your success story topic here. We'd love to celebrate your return to normal life with you.
This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#2 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationAlbany, Western Australia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Hello Altostrata and friends.             I now believe I am a success story.  I am working, contributing and ENJOYING life again.  I am 58, so I am grateful that I can enjoy maybe a few more years of my life.              From the amount of drugs I was on, this is a miracle.   Took me I would say, many years.   Mistakes I made, so, so many,        ........then  in desperation ..........  I found this wonderful lifeline Surviving Antidepressants.

I have not been able to update my own timeline, as I have been so happily busy.  I do, however, wish to write my survival story, maybe in 6 months, when I am permanent in my job, and will update with all the things I have done in the last 6 months.

Just wanted to say, is hard to revisit this site, remembering how ill and desperate I was.    But I will, and I will contribute when I can.      Yes, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, for me the agony waxed and waned for a couple of years.   

Keep up the fight, never give in.             

Happy Easter Everyone.   I am so hoping you may be able to enjoy, but I know how ill I have been, and family and friends were just too much to cope with.    This easter, I cant WAIT to see my grandkids and family.   Yes the brain recovers from these poisons.              

Cheers

Ang

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.