flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Okay guys..I go to the Doc next Tues. Do you think there would be any harm in going to the liquid at 10mgs or should I stay put until the Diet Coke issue is resolved? I guess I never realised how poorly the coke made me feel, it was so slow coming on. I'm dealing with alot of muscle pain in my legs..The usual head pressure behind my ears,this usually fades after the AM meds. I notice if I nap the tinnitus is there when I wake. It's mostly associated with sleep. I never had this before tapering so I assume it will be there until this is done. I'm going to try to enjoy no headaches,no itching, no hives,the episodes of anxiety and heat are alot less, maybe once or twice a day,I do notice some snapping in my head...that is nothing compared to the other WD symptoms I've had.. If I switch to the liquid for a couple weeks before another drop in dose I thought I'd be able to pinpoint any problems with the liquid. The last time I switched I immediately made a drop and I think it was to much to soon,if you know what I mean..I need another script for Celexa. I could put it off another 4 weeks to the next visit in March. No need to hurry. Could there be much difference between the pill and the liquid? Sleep was good last night...Yeah! Everyone should pay close attention to Aspartame...I will work hard at the Coke right now..25 years of a bad habit.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Doc and I decided yesterday that I get rid of the diet soda before another drop in Celexa. I'm down from 4 cans a day to half a can for a few more days.She was dissapointed I hadn't told her about the pop but I didn't know about aspartame..Skyler, she agreed with you, that maybe I'd be more successful with the tapering once away from soda. Also hoping the sun will help when the weather gets better here in the east next month. I still know I'm medicated every moment of the day. I have the liquid Celexa so I'll wait another few weeks..I've come this far what will it hurt. Rhi, I agree with you,I am going to take this time to get to know myself..It's been over 8 weeks and I still don't have a whole day that I feel good. Tinnitus is the same..lately my ears ache and I have a bee sting sensation in my arms and legs at times. Enough whining...Here's to a better day

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

You sound a lot more calm than you did when you first came here. I'm glad to see you're doing better. At the same time, I know tinnitus can be so maddening and there's not much one can do to alleviate it. A little white noise has been suggested somewhere, I think.

You're doing great cutting those diet sodas! Give yourself a good pat on the back.

Hugs,

Tezza

• Administrator

Give your body some time to recover from the aspartame exposure before you subject it to more withdrawal stress.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I agree Alto....I feel so odd this morning I can't explain it but my hips don't hurt and I don't have any burning in my calves...What a blessing..I've been able to do some stretches and not be so uncomfortable..Sleep is a bit iffy but so be it..I can't wait for sunshine and to smell the grass being mowed..Tinnitus was a chain rattling instead of crickets this morning????It lasts about an hour then my head is quiet for the day. I've noticed an increase in anxiety but nothing compared to Celexa WD.. Another couple days drinking a half of a pepsi and DONE...No more artificial sweetners..It's kind of odd, the Celexa being on the back burner for a change.

Hi Flower,

You sound a lot more calm than you did when you first came here. I'm glad to see you're doing better. At the same time, I know tinnitus can be so maddening and there's not much one can do to alleviate it. A little white noise has been suggested somewhere, I think.

You're doing great cutting those diet sodas! Give yourself a good pat on the back.

Hugs,

Tezza

Tezza who would think aspartame could be so dangerous but be allowed to be marketed in the US...Other countries have banned it because of various links to diseases..I read about it working on dopamine?????Don't now about truth to that but I'll find out the hard way..Yes I'm not as anxious but the Diet soda taper has got me wound up a little.I can't seem to be quiet..lol Peace ladybug...flower

• Moderator Emeritus

Flower,

The US seems to be notorious for allowing dangerous junk to be sold to unknowing consumers. After all, original coke really had 'the real thing' in it. They have taken things a little more seriously but still allow too much that is dangerous to us.

I once had a boss that had terrible memory which I attributed to his consumption of diet coke. He drank them all day long.

I suppose we need to read labels and google ingredients. IMO the FDA isn't very cautious, you hear all the time in the news about recalls at the grocery store, from hamburger meat to cantaloupe and everything in between. It's almost scary but we have to eat, drink and be merry. Lol

Hugs and healing!

Love, Tezza

Hello flower,

I've never participated in your thread but was talking to Alto and aspartame came up...so I agreed to share what I know about aspartame. I had a friend who pretty much got ALL BETTER pretty much really fast when she cut out the diet soda...everyone is different of course, but it's likely to be helpful even if not to the same degree.

I'll share the posts about aspartame here. This is one about aspartame in general:

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/08/24/aspartame/

and then there is this nice recovery story about Jazz my friend who has now been drug free for several years and is doing GREAT:

http://beyondmeds.com/2011/09/07/offmedssuccess/

so hang on and let your body heal...you've just eliminated something that is likely to make a difference!

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

Hello flower,

I've never participated in your thread but was talking to Alto and aspartame came up...so I agreed to share what I know about aspartame. I had a friend who pretty much got ALL BETTER pretty much really fast when she cut out the diet soda...everyone is different of course, but it's likely to be helpful even if not to the same degree.

I'll share the posts about aspartame here. This is one about aspartame in general:

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/08/24/aspartame/

and then there is this nice recovery story about Jazz my friend who has now been drug free for several years and is doing GREAT:

http://beyondmeds.com/2011/09/07/offmedssuccess/

so hang on and let your body heal...you've just eliminated something that is likely to make a difference!

Thank you so much..This is harder than I thought it would be...I feel yucky this morning and very sore but different..I can't quite explain it.

I sure hope there will be some benefit from all this suffering...

Felt a little crappy last night so I slept most of it..I had an extra cup of coffee and used Lysol to scrub with no gloves on,I have to stop that. Hey Aza,,do you think the decaf is a good thing?

Hi Flower,

Well Morley Robbins says forget coffee decaf or other wise although he says he enjoys his cup of joe, I don't seem to have any problems with coffee but I limit it to 3 cups a day, I really must try to cut back, and it does have caffien, Morley says it depletes magnesium so he says I better supplement my magnesium which I do.

I have the tinnitus as well and I've been rubbing transdermal magnesium behind my ears and on the front of my ears every day now for about 2 weeks and I was just reading some of your most recent posts about your tinnitus and I realized that I hadn't experienced any tinnitus at all today.

Normally about this time of day I really become aware of the roar of the tinnitus

I was hearing bull froggs my tinnitus was so loud. It has subsided somewhat, it is still there but not nearly so bad.

I'm really glad your doing better.

See ya.

• Moderator Emeritus

Good morning Flower,

I hope the withdrawal from aspartame doesn't take very long. I'm sure it WILL pay off later. I think anything like that we can eliminate helps us more than we realize.

Like Aza, I haven't gotten free of my morning coffee, I'm ashamed to admit. I have cut down tremendously, though, because I used to drink it from morning till bedtime. I did try once and got a really bad headache, me being a wimp, had a cup of regular coffee.

That's why I admire your strength so much. You are much more stronger willed than I.

Lotsa hugs,

Tezza

I just realized,I don't wake up thinking of how sick I am..I have been enjoying my home and pets more. I haven't noticed any joy in a long time. I noticed yesterday I was looking forward to that half of a Diet Coke.. That's the first I ever noticed needing that pop..My tummy is aching alot and I'm very sore. I'm hoping for improvement in the afternon anxiety and jitters. That's when I typically would drink soda. Tomorrow no more pop. It's been a week at half a pop. I started this endeavor Feb 1st. No more gum until I find one safe to chew. I guess there are a few out there.I like to chew gum???It takes my mind off alot of stuff.

Good morning Flower,

I hope the withdrawal from aspartame doesn't take very long. I'm sure it WILL pay off later. I think anything like that we can eliminate helps us more than we realize.

Like Aza, I haven't gotten free of my morning coffee, I'm ashamed to admit. I have cut down tremendously, though, because I used to drink it from morning till bedtime. I did try once and got a really bad headache, me being a wimp, had a cup of regular coffee.

That's why I admire your strength so much. You are much more stronger willed than I.

Lotsa hugs,

Tezza

I drink 2 cups of coffee too. Then I switch to the decaf..I thought someone told me here that decaf has mag. in it? I'm going to try to keep to water and lemon other than the 2 cups of coffee. There isn't much out there to drink...Beer? lol

Tinnitus was really loud this morning..Hope this Coke thing doesn't make it worse...Very sore hips and legs..Hoping in about 2 weeks this is over..I really need to get off this Celexa...Getting anxious? Time to take that #@#@ pill. No more Coke..I never thought that would bother me..Wrong.

Flower a friend posted a video on FB about two weeks back about how aspartame is made (sickening) and the overall bad effects.

I drink alot of Crystal Light and have for years and of course diet soda and diet green teas with Splenda. After the video I have greatly reduced what I have been drinking. I think I need to eliminate it altogether.

Is is possible to have Splenda WD. You said you are. I know it sounds funny, but I wonder about it. I did give up caffeine once again. If I do have it I do half decaf-half regular.

Is it craving that you are referring to or physical symptoms?

:)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Nikki, I have alot of joint pain and some anxiety so far. I hope I see improvement in my hair and nails and afternoon anxiety. . The tinnitus was worse this morning but stopped in about an hour after I got up. I'm itchy and had a few hives . I can say, I wanted that soda yesterday but Oh well,I'm done with aspartame. The next 2 weeks will tell. It took that long to notice symptoms when I stopped before. My hips hurt more than anything..If this goes okay I will switch to liquid Celexa at the end of the month and begin again...My husband doesn't want me to taper..he worries about me getting sick again. I sure hope the tapering goes a little easier..I'm a good actor..I'll try hard not to worry everyone. .5mgs will be alot less than previous drops..The absence of aspartame better be worth the trouble. Storm coming again Wed..Hope the sun shines soon.

The tinnitus is definitley louder,lasting longer and the pitch is higher..Great!

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh no! I feel for you, tinnitus is one thing I wish I didn't understand. It's definitely toned down for me in comparison to what it was during the summer and for that I'm very, very thankful.

When it was very loud, it drove me nuts. It seemed like it even made me feel disconnected from everyone and everything, perhaps derealization? I have a quiet day once in a while now and a few days a week when it's not real noticeable. There's usually one or two days a week it's more bothersome.

I'd consider myself to be faring pretty well if not for tinnitus and sleep issues. :(

Maybe yours will get quieter as the day goes, I remember you saying its worse in the morning.

Love,

Tezza

Thanks Tezza for the support..I have a headache and I'm looking for a target this morning..Good thing the hubby went to work. I'll pick on the bird..It will be a tylenol day .. I'm sure the fumes from wood stain won't help..This doesn't compare to WD from Celexa, for that I'm thankful. I feel like I'm sunburnt, I had that sensation early on in WD..The muscle pain is typical..Peace for us all today. The storm missed us.

Flower if I am understanding this correctly, you had different symptoms once you eliminated aspartame, like the hives, etc.

Do you think it may be a combination of WD sensitivities that brought on more symptoms. I have discovered that Aspartame can contribute to UTI's because of how it is made. I damn near fell over when I saw that video. There is a bi-product of Ecoli that is synthesized to make aspartame. Yikes.

Nothing made in a lab surprises me. :o

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki it's hard to tell what's disturbing my nervous system at this point. I'm anxious to be moving on with the Celexa..I'm sleeping okay right now.That's a good thing. I do believe I'm having less pain in my feet? Time will tell. The muscle pain in my legs is less also. It's not been a week yet without Diet soda so a little more time will tell. I'm not liking being so tired..I'm good at making myself do things I don't want to do...I will educate myself on the aspartame so I'll be sure not to have anymore. I drink alot more water.My skin feels so much better. My husband tells me all the time how I look so healthy...The few pounds I gained are making me look healthy..NOT!

Last night I had so much anxiety I didn't think I would be able to sleep but I did..6 days no pop and I want one..I can't believe it.. I would like to blame this on Celexa. Could aspartame WD actually cause these symptoms? Oh well I wait again..Hopefully another week will help. The tinnitus is worse and lasts longer..It also comes during the day off and on. What a bunch of crap all this stuff is.

How lovely that is....the hear your husband tell you how healthy you look :) That is so nice.

I am in the weaning down process of aspartame. I've read that giving it up can help curb sugar cravings.

Admire you strength to break the habit. During the day, please give yourself so much deserved praise for doing this. Thank yourself, it will aid bolstering your thoughts and esteem.

So sorry about the tinnitus. I don't really understand this symptom and wish I could offer some advise. Sometimes I think we should all go for hypnosis.

HUgs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

I'm sorry the tinnitus has ramped up today. I had a quiet day, yesterday, but today it's here again for me too. :( I'm very thankful for the days it gives me a break. I sure wish it would go away and never come again and I know you wish this as well.

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, actually we are not alone either. Many others have this symptom.... Maybe one day we'll wake up without it and it won't come back. I keep hoping! ;)

Love,

Tezza

I'm so disgusted with this pop WDs..Yesterday I became so anxious as the day went on I convinced myself it was the Celexa again but I know this is the soda. I had a half of a glass for the first time in about a week. From the past I know it takes several hours to have an effect but I was almost desperate. This is ridiculous. All this time drinking this stuff not realizing the outcome has made sick...My guts are clenching up,I woke in a panic this morning for the first time in a while. I have a headache that won't quit. I'm surprised at the anxiety..It escalates as the day goes on and has become more intense. I seem to be in a constant hot flash. Nikki..when I stopped CT it took 2 weeks to notice anything..Now it won't stop. How will you taper? Maybe I rushed this..I don't know if I should drink a half a soda every other day for a bit. I'm embarrassed ..It's hard to talk to anyone about it ,soda seems so harmless, everyone I know drinks the stuff. Another friend told me how healthy I look yesterday..If I hear it anymore I'm going to scream, give me pop, I don't care if I'm healthy!..I know why Doc said no more Celexa taper til pop is out of the way. I'll be curious how you make out Nikki. I hate being such a big baby.. Chin up everyone and consider Diet soda if you drink any..Tinnitus is unrelenting.

• Moderator Emeritus

i would like to jump in and agree with the holders! - make sure you really solidify all improvements before starting again - after a really wobbly time i like to hold until i feel like the sun has been shining all day every day for at least a month - preferably two.

Hey, just saw this and had to DITTO it!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I hear you Rhi, Another crappy day. I had a half of a soda again yesterday and it made me dizzy and feel a little ill. I was hoping for some relief this morning. Not much sleep last night..I was in a sweat most of the time. The only good thing is I've lost my appetite. Now to treat some symptoms. I'm going to take fish oil to see if it will help this pulsing pressure behind my ears? Apparently it didn't cause the tinnitus. I will also try a mag. soak. I bought tart cherries to see if that would help with sleep? I read how aspatame works on dopamine and serotonin, that's nice. Why doesn't it say that on the can? I'm not sure if going back to a little soda is the thing to do? I have alot of questions for Doc about this crap..She knows more than she's telling me.. It will be great if I can taper more easily when this is done. I wish I had a time frame. Oh..I forgot to mention I went to church yesterday with family. It was a moving experience.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Flower,

I'm sorry the withdrawal from aspartame is troubling you so. Hopefully it won't last long. I didn't know aspartame would do that either (affect dopamine and serotonin). It seems so unfair that its so easy to buy things that can be so harmful to us.

We should never trust the FDA again, huh? :unsure: thank goodness we have the Internet now so we can research. It's just that we don't see a need to research sometimes until after the fact.

I'm glad you got out yesterday. Sunday is usually the one day of the week I'm out of the house almost all day long. Yesterday, after church, we had a small cookout. It wasn't planned, just came about. It was really nice, two of my three children were here. Oddly, I found myself looking forward to time for them to go. :o Well, I'm not sure I understand that...have I gotten used to it just being me and hubby here? I'm always wishing they would visit more, maybe it was just a little overwhelming that so many were here at the same time. I dunno :wacko: still, it was enjoyable.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Love,

Tezza

I had no idea either Tezza. I'm a little frightened over all this. I know I need to be rid of the pop but the WD is concerning. This tinnitus is awful stuff.I haven't had this kind of anxiety in a while. I read about detox ,it's the usual stuff,alot of water, keeping regular .I've begun to worry alot.That comes with poor sleep.Then I take morning meds and all these sensations overwhelm me. I still have to deal with Celexa not agreeing with me. No more whining,there are alot of folks here worse off than me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Aww, Flower, you're not whining! This is the place to say whatever you are feeling. Tinnitus and poor sleep are two symptoms that are very hard to deal with or get used to. Add anxiety and it REALLY makes you feel bad.

I hope tinnitus goes soon!

I read aspartames days are numbered? Alot of people will have issues if this is true. I won't repeat myself so I hope we find peace today even if it's for a little while.

Thanks Tezza,you are so right.

Alto..I recently read about L Phenylaline being used with aspartame in Diet pop. This is also used as a supplement for pain relief. I have found I have alot more pain giving up the soda. My question is,is this safe to take as a supplement while WDing from aspartame? After drinking a half of a diet pepsi 2 days in a row I was almost pain free. Is this the reason for so much WD from Diet soda? Any info would be helpful.I will continue to read. I thought this would be something I could take for pain relief that would be safe? This WD is similar to celexa ,for me anyhow. I'm having a hard time with anxiety. No wonder after reading about the contents. Not just aspartame involved here.