flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

Skyler that's a good question. It's getting more noticable lately. There was times on the larger doses I didn't notice it so much and I sure did sleep better back then. I know this is part of the process. The burning in my neck is quite bothersome..That's since the updose. I need to keep more detailed notes.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

I forgot to mention I changed brands of fish oil about a week ago. The list of side effects includes back pain. Might go back to the old brand I started with.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler that's a good question. It's getting more noticable lately. There was times on the larger doses I didn't notice it so much and I sure did sleep better back then. I know this is part of the process. The burning in my neck is quite bothersome..That's since the updose. I need to keep more detailed notes.

But flower, you do not give any specifics. WHEN did the jerks start?

This is important because you still look to other ADs to relieve symptoms and treat depression. And you may not be able to tolerate any AD in future solely because of these jerks (on top of all the other considerations). My jerks got so bad I could not sleep... at all. I developed them when I was still taking a full dose imipramine. A well regarded neurologist said I would never again be able to take an AD.. There is one exception, but I stay away from all of them.

Also, stop updosing and then cutting every couple of days as this can amplify the jerks (not to mention aggravating WD symptoms). Flower... keep a very detailed journal. Track symptoms using a scale of 1 to 10 for each with dates. Some folks use an Excel spreadsheet for this.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

flower, are you keeping notes about your symptom pattern? Are you writing it down daily on a piece of paper?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Skyler.I don't jerk awake I feel as though I'm falling and then wake up to anxiety. I will not mess with the dose. I do keep notes daily but need to be more precise about symptoms. I try to ignore alot. Some days I don't care. I managed to wrap a few gifts this morning. The tinnitus is better in the AM it doesn't last so long.

flower, are you keeping notes about your symptom pattern? Are you writing it down daily on a piece of paper?

Yes I try my best.

I think I need to perfect my signature also. Do I need to add the meds from a year ago that were tapered?

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler.I don't jerk awake I feel as though I'm falling and then wake up to anxiety. I will not mess with the dose. I do keep notes daily but need to be more precise about symptoms. I try to ignore alot. Some days I don't care. I managed to wrap a few gifts this morning. The tinnitus is better in the AM it doesn't last so long.

Hi flower... You still don't say when the jerks started and I'm wondering if you can recollect when it was. This makes me think they predated withdrawal? I understand your description of them. My body would jerk when I passed from stage 1 sleep into a deeper slumber. The jumps became so pronounced it felt like my body literally left the bed, jerked right into the air. Of course this was an illusion, but they were very strong. I have fibromyalgia and the trauma from the jerks made the flare I was in worse.

Sleeping became tricky.. it seemed like it was necessary to sneak up on ZZZs. Once in stage 2, 3 or 4 sleep, I would get a good quality, but getting to that point was very dicy. I complained to the doctor who prescribed imipramine and was told the dose was too low to cause problems like of that sort (duh, how did I know anyone had this?... it was before the internet). Anyhow, after developing yet another very alarming and possibly associated iatrogenic effect, I had to abruptly stop taking ADs. Mercifully, I was able to do so without WD symptoms.

So maybe you can see why I'm concerned for you. For one, the longer you have jumps, the longer it may take for them to stop, possibly because neuroplasticity is at work.. for me, it took years. In the beginning my jumps were as much as you describe them. While I did not wake up with anxiety, it felt like I'd fallen off a cliff. And of course, you are sensitized to going off ADs, so if it turns out the jerks are an iatrogenic effect, you might end up having to DC any AD you are on immediately. Much better for you to taper off now than to find yourself in a dreadful predicament of this sort.

Edit 8:35AM Just as in this narrative, I was put on klonopin. The anticonvulsant effect does not diminish when tolerance occurs, but who wants to end up on another drug! Please note the person quickly developed jerks from another AD. What you have may be relatively benign, but my experience makes me want to caution you.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thanks Skyler and I agree..I'm waiting to see if things calm down and then a 10% drop again in Celexa. I have just noticed it again since the updose. I seem to remember it being worse when I first dropped to 15 mgs in the spring and then at 12.5mgs also. Lord, I need more patience. I see here that others seem to have a poop out phase a few weeks into a taper. I know I mentioned this before , I would taper again when I felt this coming on. Usually the anxiety would be the first sign. I thought it was time to cut again but apparently it was WD. Also I picked up the original brand of fish oil I was taking. Off for an Epsom salt bath. You should see the drawer of drugs I have that I refuse to take. I'm pleased to be down to the 3 meds I take. The gabapentin will be with me to the end. I have Buspar also. Got a bad headache on the stuff and stopped. I don't know how to explain my need to off the Celexa..My husband and his mother think I am suffering needlessly. Remember she takes Celexa...He does support me but it's hard to talk to him about how I feel.That's why I'm here..

What is requip?

• Moderator Emeritus

Lord, I need more patience. I see here that others seem to have a poop out phase a few weeks into a taper. I know I mentioned this before , I would taper again when I felt this coming on. Usually the anxiety would be the first sign. I thought it was time to cut again but apparently it was WD.

Also I picked up the original brand of fish oil I was taking.

You should see the drawer of drugs I have that I refuse to take. I'm pleased to be down to the 3 meds I take. The gabapentin will be with me to the end. I have Buspar also. Got a bad headache on the stuff and stopped. I don't know how to explain my need to off the Celexa.. What kind of fish oil are you taking, how much EPA + DHA, and how many caps a day?

My husband and his mother think I am suffering needlessly. Remember she takes Celexa...He does support me but it's hard to talk to him about how I feel.That's why I'm here..

Hi flower... What those people are describing is not poop out but WD symptoms that accrue because of lag time. As you so accurately note, these are reason to hold longer. Poop out is a term I don't understand, possibly because it is not used correctly, possibly because it does not really exist. The most accurate use is when an AD simply stops working. Folks alos use the term to describe side effects, but side effects are exactly that, any those can be pretty awful. Bottom line, the term poop out is used different ways and it's difficult to figure out what people are talking about.. better to just describe what is going on.. which you just did!

Good for you on the other drugs, have you thought about just tossing them to rid yourself of any temptation? The headache you have from Buspar sounds like a side effect and a deal breaker, as in you should not be taking them. This might be a good Google to get more info?

Going through all this is hard when those in your world are not supportive. Glad you found us too.

flower.. Do you tend to be kind of general, global in descriptions, kind of like your style. If so, this may be effecting the way you assess WD symptoms.. as much as you can, try to be specific. A scale of 1 to 10 is very useful because and it helps offset wishful thinking.

You are doing good!!@! You are starting to feel better before the lag time symptoms appear, and this means you are really getting there.

Morning everyone..Wish I felt better..I slept alot with the help of an antihistamine. No more of that for a few days. I can hardly believe these WDs hang on for so long. My ears seem to be plugged but the tinnitus stopped not long after I got up. My neck still bothers me..Parathesia is an issue that doesn't want to give up...Now that I have whined I'll try to find something to focus on. I need to take something for pain..Motrin? Aspirin? Not Tylenol or vicodin. Is now 51 days since the drop to 5 mgs. Having trouble concentrating..

I hate this weepy crap.

I hate this weepy crap.

Holding at 7.5

in your opinion Alto how long should I wait to taper 5% of 7.5mgs. I think that will be my rule if I can stabilize..

• Moderator Emeritus

.Motrin? Aspirin?

Be careful with these, they both can aggravate tinnitus. My tinnitus seems to become quieter during the day because of background noise, but does not go away. Tinnitus is not so easy to stop once it gets going, at least this is my experience. Regardless, it has improved and this is good.

Does moist heat help with your neck pain? That would be the safest. If you still want to try motrin or aspirin, just take one tablet to start off? Personally, I would stay clear but I've been struggling with tinnitus for 8 months now. This makes me wonder about the naproxen sodium I took on occasion... I'll bet it aggravated the noise and I did not even realize. Sheesh.

Glad you are venting. S'awright. Posted Image

Went to therapist today. She's very aware of me in WD. She feels she needs to educate herself more in this area and explained about movement to recognize WD now more than ever. I felt so crappy I cried. I read about stabilizing so I don't lose hope. I shall hold until I can sleep again. That seems to be a good place. It's terrible to take meds that are no longer theraputic just to save your sanity. Mornings are a nighmare..I noticed my neck burning after taking the Celexa this morning so I'm sure it will pass. Maybe! I have never waited to be stable before I tapered. No wonder I'm a mess.

.Motrin? Aspirin?

Be careful with these, they both can aggravate tinnitus. My tinnitus seems to become quieter during the day because of background noise, but does not go away. Tinnitus is not so easy to stop once it gets going, at least this is my experience. Regardless, it has improved and this is good.

Does moist heat help with your neck pain? That would be the safest. If you still want to try motrin or aspirin, just take one tablet to start off? Personally, I would stay clear but I've been struggling with tinnitus for 8 months now. This makes me wonder about the naproxen sodium I took on occasion... I'll bet it aggravated the noise and I did not even realize. Sheesh.

LOL you're a sweetheart.

• Moderator Emeritus

LOL you're a sweetheart.

Awww, Thank-you. Posted Image

• Administrator

flower, I don't know how long you should hold at 7.5mg. You have to see if it helps.

What has your symptom pattern been since you last updosed?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

updose .5mgs on 14th..the burning in my neck started almost immediately,the parathesia has been nonstop. I've been dizzy had some pressure behind my ears. Also some sweating again. I hope I'm not to vague. I can't put thoughts together very well. I can't help but think going to 10mgs where I was feeling better last would be of help but reading others journals this could be too much for me. I'm worried for myself..I never thought I could be so ill for so long. There hasn't been any improvement as of yet

Looking at my calender from last year this is when I began reducing Celexa. 2.5mgs at at a time. No wonder I've been sick for a year. I was switched from Zolft 50mgs with no warning about WD..What a ride this is.

Looking at my calender from last year this is when I began reducing Celexa. 2.5mgs at at a time. No wonder I've been sick for a year. I was switched from Zolft 50mgs with no warning about WD..What a ride this is.

I am rethinking this liquid...Could this be the reason the parathesia is so bad....

LOL you're a sweetheart.

I love the bird..I'm not good enough on the PC to get stuff like that.

.Motrin? Aspirin?

LOL you're a sweetheart.

I took Naproxen for a while,It did not agree with me either.

• Moderator Emeritus

I love the bird..I'm not good enough on the PC to get stuff like that.

It's really simple, Give it a try? Click on the bird (which will take you to the icon site), then select get codes, select the forum code, cut a paste, and enter in the body of your message here. Then, voila!!

Still sick..Geez, fighting to not updose. The last updose didn't do anything fo me anyhow. Parathesia as usual, confusion..anxiety. Going to Doc this morning. I had to come here to read so I can be stronger about what we're going to talk about. Withdrawing sucks..I'll be back.

Back from Doc. She wants me to updose to 10mgs and go back to the pill. Hope to stabilize there for a few months and she wants to discuss discontinuing the Celexa in the future. Yeah, hope this works because I sure don't feel good. I'll be back to post after the updose. That's the last dose I felt any relief at but it has been some time.

I agree with your doctor b/c it's the last dose you felt pretty good on. But, give yourself at least 10 days to feel better.

I would stay on 10mg for at least three MONTHS. At that time, maybe you'll be ready to start a very s l o w taper.

Have you read any of Rhi's posts?

Good luck.

Charter Member 2011

Thanks Summer I hope this works. An updose usually doesn't agree with me. I'll look at Rhis posts. I'll be back.

I would like to hear from Rhi about the gabapentin she was on. I see it was only 300mgs? I'm on 600. It seems to me though the gaba. calms me and lets me relax in the evening but in the AM when I take it with Celexa it's different. I hope I don't have to make a fast exit,if you know what I mean.

I would like to hear from Rhi about the gabapentin she was on. I see it was only 300mgs? I'm on 600. It seems to me though the gaba. calms me and lets me relax in the evening but in the AM when I take it with Celexa it's different. I hope I don't have to make a fast exit,if you know what I mean.

I also hope getting away from the liquid will help with the head stuff I've had going on.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi flower... sorry you are still having such a difficult time. I hope you are able to get some enjoyment out of the holidays... Hang in there. We are behind you!

Posted Image

I had a much better day yesterday Skyler. And Summer you are right...The updose was a good thing,I'm a dummy for suffering like that. I know it will probably be difficult the next few days but I will hang in there. I slept a little better, anything was an improvement though. The underlying anxiety was not as intense. The burning neck was about gone. Tinnitus is still an issue. The pain in my feet was not as bad. Some pain in my calves though. I took motrin and didn't get sick! Right now I'm getting anxious but it's time to take the pill at 8..Hopefully tomorrow will be better yet. I'll be back.. Thank you so much for support..I never would have known about updoses if I hadn't come here..10mgs is alot better than 20...

Very happy to read that, flower! I think each day will be better. It took me around four days to start feeling better... for some people it can take a couple of weeks.

Try to relax and let your body adjust to the 10mg. As I mentioned earlier, don't think about tapering for several months.

Rhi talks about staying at a specific dose for a longer period of time than most have to. That definitely holds true for me, especially when you get to the very low doses.

Happy Holidays.

Charter Member 2011

I realize that the 10mgs is a good thing right now. Sleep is different. I wake up a little anxious but yesterday I had a few hours I was happy! I've got alot of energy or anxiety I don't know which. It will make Christmas easier to deal with. I know the lower doses are going to have to be very slow. I hope I can stay at 10mgs for a while and calm down. Celexa makes some sleepy? I wish it did that for me.. I shall return.