monjanse

Monjanse: Stopping take cipralex

41 posts in this topic

I first took 20 mg cipralex. Then i take 10 mg for 2 weeks, then i take 5 mg in 2 weeks than to zero. Its that to fast?

And i was on 7 mg abilify, and i just quitted abilify for 9 days ago. Why dont i feel witraval symptoms or stop taking abilify?

I first took 20 mg cipralex. Then i take 10 mg for 2 weeks, then i take 5 mg in 2 weeks than to zero. Its that to fast?

And i was on 7 mg abilify, and i just quitted abilify for 9 days ago. Why dont i feel witraval symptoms or stop taking abilify?

Hi Monjane and welcome to the forum. How long did you take cipralex, how long were you on abilify. You just came off abilify 9 days ago, when did you take the last of the ciprolex? Are you having withdrawal symptoms now, and if so, what are they?

You have come off very fast, and while not everyone people has significant withdrawal symptoms, however tapering slowly at first is a good precaution. Others will chime in shortly, but will be able to help more if you can flesh out the info.

Hi Monjane and welcome to the forum. How long did you take cipralex, how long were you on abilify. You just came off abilify 9 days ago, when did you take the last of the ciprolex? Are you having withdrawal symptoms now, and if so, what are they?

You have come off very fast, and while not everyone people has significant withdrawal symptoms, however tapering slowly at first is a good precaution. Others will chime in shortly, but will be able to help more if you can flesh out the info.

I have taken abilify in 1 year. And cipralex in 2 years. I still taking cipralex, but now im on 10 mg.

I have taken abilify in 1 year. And cipralex in 2 years. I still taking cipralex, but now im on 10 mg.

How long ago did you come off cipralex, and are you having any withdrawal symptoms now?

Hi Monjanse

I moved your topic to introductions as you're new here, this can be your thread to update people on your progress etc

If you follow the links to your profile in the top right corner of the screen you can create your signature as well which helps others keep track of your withdrawal history.

I don't know anything about abilify but I would say that was an extremely fast taper off cipralex, some people get away with it, but really the best way is to get a liquid formulation of cipralex and taper by no more than 10% a month or slower depending on how you respond to withdrawing.

As Schulyer says we need to know more information such as how long ago since you stopped the meds and how you're feeling.

strawberry

Hi Monjanse. Just to say that I'm from Denmark and understand Norwegian, and if you need help translating anything I'd be happy to.

I also take 10 mg of Cipralex.

It might be too fast to come off Cipralex like you have done.

Did you stop taking Cipralex and start again? That was what I did because I felt very bad after stopping too fast. After 2 months back on 10 mg I feel a lot better.

I have been away from abilify in 10 days. I have been away from 20 mg cipralex in a week.

Monjanse seems to be saying that the plan is to taper cipralex by dropping from 20 to 10, staying at 10 for 2 weeks, then dropping to 5 for 2 weeks, then off. He/she is currently at the 10 mg dose.

Welcome, monjanse.

Please hold on your dose cipralex for a week (do not reduce) and see if you have any symptoms from going off Abilify.

How long were you on Abilify?

Welcome, monjanse.

Please hold on your dose cipralex for a week (do not reduce) and see if you have any symptoms from going off Abilify.

How long were you on Abilify?

I was on abilify on 1 year.

It's important to see that you don't have Abilify withdrawal symptoms.

Please do not make changes in your cipralex dosage for a while.

I quitted abilify from 10 mg to 0. Its about 12 days ago. I dont feel any symptoms. Do it take Longer time?

Monjanse, I moved your post about Abilify to your Intro topic, which is where all posts about your personal history and progress should go, sort of like a journal.

I'm not familiar with Abilify except that it's an "atypical antipsychotic" often prescribed for off-label uses. However, going off any psychotropic drug from 10 mg. to none at all may cause problems. Abrupt drug changes of any kind are not a good idea. Although some people don't seem to suffer from such changes, no one knows which people will develop withdrawal symptoms until they happen or they don't, and then sometimes it's too late to reinstate.

I'll let wiser heads than mine give you more specific advice.

Yes, let's wait another week to make sure you're okay from the Abilify cold turkey.

Ok. But can I get epilepsy from stop taking cipralex? I had a black out for 2 days ago.

I would consider that a bad sign that you have tapered one or both drugs too fast.

Yes, bad things like blackouts can happen from going off drugs too fast.

Please stay at 10mg Cipralex for a month to make sure your nervous system has stabilized.

Hello. I want to quit taking fluoxetin to morrow. Is it dangerous? Im have taken 15 mg.

Yes, it is dangerous to stop taking fluoxetine cold turkey. Please read this topic before you do anything:

Tips for tapering off Prozac

Please tell us more about yourself and put your drug history in your signature like so:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

It's not possible to give advice without knowing more about you than that you're taking 15 mg. of Prozac.

Welcome to the forum. Please don't quit taking fluoxetine until you've learned how to do it the best way.

Ok. Can I die if I quit cold turkey?

Maybe just want to? :)

Maybe just want to? :)

I dont want to die. Today I took a 5 mg pill from 15 mg. Is that good?

Montjanse, I merged your new topic here, with your Intro topic.

So you switched from Cipralex to fluoxetine? When did you do that?

Did you get any bad symptoms after you made the switch.

Dropping from 15mg fluoxetine to 5mg is too big of a decrease. We suggest a much more gradual taper, maybe 1mg at a time. See Tips for tapering off Prozac, as Jemima posted.

Montjanse, I merged your new topic here, with your Intro topic.

So you switched from Cipralex to fluoxetine? When did you do that?

Did you get any bad symptoms after you made the switch.

Dropping from 15mg fluoxetine to 5mg is too big of a decrease. We suggest a much more gradual taper, maybe 1mg at a time. See Tips for tapering off Prozac, as Jemima posted.

I got sickness feelings after quitting cipralex, and difficult swallowing with prozac. I did it last year.

How long did you have difficulty swallowing with Prozac?

How long did you have difficulty swallowing with Prozac?

Since januar. In 3 months.

I quitt abilify from 10 mg to 0. Can i Get phsychosis when i stop taking them? Im not afraid of phsychosis, and i didnt had phsychosis before i starded taking abilify. Can i Get phsychosis as a witraval symptom?.

yes you can get psychotic as a rebound reaction...you can also potentially suffer other nervous system issues that could result in longer term withdrawal issues if you came off too quickly...

did you cold turkey off the abilify?

how long ago did you come off?

if it was recently and you came off too quickly you may want to consider reinstating a large portion of the drug and come off very slowly in order to help your nervous system adjust in a safer manner.

I stopped taking them yesterday, and i cold turkey the abilify.

yes...please reinstate...all of it...and then learn how to more safely come off of it before you proceed...please don't risk your well being. You can free yourself of the drug, but please choose to do it safely

there are other moderators who know the lay of this site better and can send you to posts that are particular to abilify...

but here is a article I wrote that can get you started on understanding the general principles for safer withdrawal: 

Psychiatric drug withdrawal 101

http://beyondmeds.com/withdrawal-101/

Hi Monjanse, I moved your question from Tapering to your personal Intro thread here. 

I stopped a very low dosage of abilify last monday. I stopped from 7 mg to 0 mg. Is the abilify out of my body completely now after a week or does it take longer time?

Hi,

I have a lot of experience with Abilify, I was on 15mg  I went down 1mg to 1.5mg at a time and I can tell you that it is not wise to jump off from 7mg to O...You may be subjected to psychosis, akathesia, NMS, abnormal muscle movements, high anxiety, cardiac issues, hyperglycemia, insomnia, etc...From what I know and in my experience this drug needs to be tapered very slowly...No, this drug has a half life of 96 hours meaning it could take up to 2 weeks or much longer to get out of your system...Many times w/d symptoms do not occur until months after the drug has stopped...Please be cautious and review others on this board who have experience with this as well...You may be at risk for relapsing by stopping so quickly but it seems you are also on another drug...fluoxetine...which may be holding you for now. Please be careful as most advice for AP's are to gradually taper at 5 to 10% over several months....Please be aware of the pitfalls and don't be afraid to reinstate at a lower dose if you begin to have uncomfortable symptoms...If you have any further questions, please let me know....

Abilifyneedshelp88

Please start a topic for yourself in our Intro section if you haven't yet.

I'm not sure why you want to know when the drug will be out of your body, it doesn't really matter.  The absence of the drug is what is going to make you ill, due to withdrawal effects. Abilify, like all psychiatric meds, needs to be tapered off.