SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhoea, bloating, GERD

alexjuice

Anja -

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with nausea.  I dealt with nausea for 14 months when I stopped taking Prozac.  I couldn't eat.  I lost 55 pounds.  I tried Zofran but only took it a few times.  I would drink protein drinks.  I would also eat pudding, soup and crackers.  Another thing I had to do was stop taking my multivitamin and fish oil, they made my nausea so much worse.  I would chew on ginger throughout the day.  I wish I had some more helpful advise. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

O2bhappy:

How did you figure out your fish oil capsules were making you sick? Just trial and error? I take 1 everyday. I'm nauseous most of the day.

My dr gave me zofran also, but I only take it if the nausea is unbearable.

I haven't lost any weight.

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for answering my questions :)

Take care,

Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Frogie -

I don't believe that the fish oil was the cause of my nausea.  I just decide to stop taking it to see if it helped with the nausea.   I was off the fish oil for at least two months before my nausea improved.  Since I have delayed gastric emptying I figured that the fish oil was just sitting in my stomach.

I only took the Zofran a couple of times because I was scared of taking it.  When I did take it, it only helped for about two hours.  I had days that I would take Benadryl to help with the nausea.   I figured that had less side effects then the Zofran. 

I think with the nausea it is trial an error, but I also think it is time.  Being nauseous 24/7 for 14 months was awful.  I am now able to eat and actually get hungry.  That should give encouragement to anyone who has been suffering with nausea. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Frogie -

I don't believe that the fish oil was the cause of my nausea.  I just decide to stop taking it to see if it helped with the nausea.   I was off the fish oil for at least two months before my nausea improved.  Since I have delayed gastric emptying I figured that the fish oil was just sitting in my stomach.

I only took the Zofran a couple of times because I was scared of taking it.  When I did take it, it only helped for about two hours.  I had days that I would take Benadryl to help with the nausea.   I figured that had less side effects then the Zofran. 

I think with the nausea it is trial an error, but I also think it is time.  Being nauseous 24/7 for 14 months was awful.  I am now able to eat and actually get hungry.  That should give encouragement to anyone who has been suffering with nausea.

I have stopped taking my supplements. Hopefully they are are giving me the nausea. Probably not but wishful thinking. I have zofran but only take it when it's unbearable. I might try Benadryl, I didn't know that helped with nausea.

I'm so tired of it. But it only happens as soon as I open my eyes and lasts until noon or so. But too much for me! I eat but it's a lot of chicken and veggies, very bland. I hope I don't have it for 14 months.

I'm glad to hear you are better! :)

Good to hear it does get better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Frogie -

Have you noticed any improvement with your nausea after stopping the supplements?  The past couple of days I have been having stomach pains.  It feels like I pulled a muscle, but I don't think that is what is going on.   I hope it clears up and is not a new symptom of withdrawal. 

Hi O2:

Sorry your not feeling well. Hopefully it is a side effect.

I know my shoulder hurt for a while, but has stopped.

No, it hasn't let up. But I have a dr appt Tuesday to see what I can do.

I hope you feel better soon :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Frogie and O2bhappy,

Thank you for your advice! I am sorry that you are dealing/have dealt with nausea too. I've not taken the zofran yet, but will try if it gets to the point where I am retching again. I did try this bracelet thing that has an electrical pulse and it was TERRIBLY uncomfortable, felt like fire going through my hand nerves, so I wouldn't recommend that. I've been working from home the past week and this has been the most helpful so far- i'm distracted a bit by my work AND close to my kitchen so I just eat every hour which has made a big difference overall. Of course the foods I'm eating are very bland (potatoes, fruit) and can't do raw veggies. I'll look into Nauzene, thanks for that recommendation. I also ordered the China Oel but haven't tried it since I had so much peppermint tea lately that my stomach felt sort of burned out on it. I have been smelling it and that seems to help (only for a second, but if I have it near me, it does take the edge off). I noticed that when the insomnia is bad, the nausea matches that- ugh! Thanks again for the recommendations and support!

Ativan (0.5mgx1 daily): Aug 24-Sept 14 2016; Sept 27-29 2016 for anxiety brought on by possible serious illness (stopped for 1 week and had BAD withdrawal)

Buspar (22.5mg over 2 doses daily): Sept 20-present 2016

Clonazepam (0:5mgx1 daily): Sept 30-present 2016 (titrated down 25% per 5 days after illness scare passed, but had bad withdrawal at 0.125mg, so went back to .25mg Oct 17)

Clonazepam liquid taper: Oct 26: 0.22mg, (11.11% cut) Nov 7: 0.2mg, (12.5% cut) Nov 12: 0.175mg, (14.3% cut) Nov 16: 0.15mg (16.7% cut) Nov 24: 0.125mg

Supplements: D3: 1000 IU (drops), B12: (Methylcobalamin- 2500mg; Folate- 400mg; B6- 10mg), Pro-biotics: 25 billion, Magnesium glycinate: 100 mg x 2-3, Fish oil: 2000mg, Chromium picolinate: 200 mcg, Holy Basil: 500mg, Phosphatidylserine: 100mg, Curcumin:500mg; Zinc Picolinate

Anja -

I think eating small bland meals is the best.  Also try drinks like Boost or Ensure.  Some days that was all I could stomach.  I also lived on chocolate pudding.  I drank a lot of hot green tea.  I also think distraction is good, but it is hard to distract yourself when you feel so bad. 

One other thing...if you don't want to take the Zofran try Benadryl.  It actually helps with nausea. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I have moved discussion about Frogie's situation to her introduction topic. Frogie: Lexapro - how to get below 10 mg.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

I have moved discussion about Frogie's situation to her introduction topic. Frogie: Lexapro - how to get below 10 mg.

Thank you Scallywag :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for a TMI topic but ever since having WD, every time I want to go #2, I have diarrhea or very loose stools. Does anyone have this problem and what solutions have you taken to help with it?

Doesn't matter what I eat, this happens :(

My medication -- Prozac
August 2015: Started on 10mg/day
September 2015 to May 2016: Increased to 20mg/day
May 2016: Abruptly stopped 20mg for 2 weeks (withdrawal symtoms arose but assumed it was worsened depression)
June 2016 to August 2016: increased to 40mg (my body reacted very badly to this dose)
August 2016: decreased back to 20mg
September 2016: tapered off 10mg this month alone
September 30, 2016: last day of Prozac
October 2016: month long window
November 2016-Present: WD symptoms (too many physical sxs and some mental sxs)
February 5-20, 2017: Reinstated at 1-2mg // February 21, 2017: Back to no meds

• Moderator Emeritus

By request - some info I wrote on Frogie's thread on enzymes:

Where do I get that Digest Gold?

I got mine from iHerb.  It's not cheap.  There is a product here in Australia that is 80% as good as Digest Gold, and maybe half the price.  

Go to this page:  http://au.iherb.com/...0-Capsules/7056

In the ingredients, you will see a list of enzymes:  

Digest Gold contains:  Amylase, protease, glucomylase, lactase, alpha galacsodase, cellulase, lipase, beta glucanase, maltase, xylanase, invertase, paclinase, hemicellulase.  Covers all possible bases, apparently.

A local product (Nature's Own Digestive Ease, all vegetarian, manufactured 30 minutes away) contains lactase, amylase, protease, lipase, cellulase, and a better description of what it does.  

It's in a ginger base - I also have a special ginger, turmeric, (and something else) root powder made by a local chemist (that's a chemist, not a pharmacist  http://www.biohawk.com.au/) that I sprinkle on food or put in bread mix or pancakes to break down proteins.  If you use Ginger, there's a good chance it came from Queensland - 80% of the world's ginger comes from here.  Additionally, there are over 400 species of ginger, each with different properties - some are just ornamental, some have different medicinal characteristics.  Turmeric is a cousin to ginger. 

Digestive Ease also contains papain (from papaya) and bromelain (from pineapple) - these fruits can "digest" meats & proteins without help from stomach acid.

So here's what the label says:

Lactase - breaks down lactose in milk (like I said)

Amylase - breaks down carbs

Papain, protease, & bromelain - breaks down protein

Lipase - breaks down fats and oils

Cellulase - breaks down cellulose, or plant carbohydrate.

So you kinda see how the names work. 

There are 2 other kinds of enzymes - Betaine HcL (which is now falling out of favour in preference for) and TMG (tri-methyl-glycine - sounds healthy, no?).  I take betaine HcL with food every day, and the complex digestive enzyme formulas when I share food with others and have less control over what I eat.  Like at restaurants.  Instead of griping that there may be wheat or dairy, I just take an enzyme if I think there may be something I react to.  I still order carefully, but don't panic over loss of control.  It won't FIX the problem, but it keeps me from getting completely sick.

One other thing - I know I mentioned it before - and I mention it a lot:  Deglycinated Licorice (DGL).  These come in lozenges and are awesome for nausea.  Licorice (I used to take it as a supplement, but can be dangerous for the heart) has this glycinate stuff in it, the DGL has that removed, so is safe to take.

I have given you all that information so that you can find a digestive aid for you.

What do you have the most difficulty with?  Dairy?  Carbs?  Fats?  Take a digestive enzyme with your food.  Get to know the different

(nnn)-ase's and find what works for you.

Digest Gold is expensive.  I buy the local product, when I can find it on special.  But I use the Digest Gold, too.  I mentioned it first, because it covers most of the bases.  

Re:  Himalayan Salt

Ok, I'll drink more water. I have been bad about that. Do I just put the salt in the water and drink it? How much salt and how often? I have been drinking mint tea.

You can do that - I just use the pink salt whenever I want salt. Please do not use Morton or regular "kitchen salt."  It is

an industrial product.  Use natural Pink Himalayan Salt or Celtic Sea Salt.  

If I have had a dehydrating attack of IBS, or feel that my kidneys are "dry," I will have a little - a few twists of the salt-grinder - in a 16 oz beverage.  I suffered kidney dysfunction on the lithium, so I'm sensitive to when my kidneys aren't working well.

Because of this sensitivity, I must caution you against Coca-cola.  It is dehydrating, and not just from the caffeine.  If you are dehydrated, it is the last thing you should have.  It's probably not good for nausea, either.  After all, you can use it to clean your car engine - what would that do for the delicate balance of your gastro intestinal tract?

I love a good Coke - the ones in Atlanta are the best.  But if it is aggravating your symptoms - it's worth a try to see if you can eliminate the symptoms by eliminating the Coke!  What if it is as simple as that?

I have been taking a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)  or lemon juice in my water, especially overnight for sipping.  That is good for the tummy, and may heal some of the damage the PPI's gave you.

LOL Ali telling you so succinctly:  the drugs cause rebound of the very effect they are meant to treat.  Yep!  She's right!  It may be awhile before you are normal after quitting the PPI's.  

I'm keeping my eyes out for natural nausea remedies.  The ACV water and lemon water come highly recommended.  It was hard to drink the ACV water at first, but now that I've gotten used to it, I like it.  The trick is to make it not too strong.  Very good for the gut, if you can drink it!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

I've also been learning more about bone broth.

https://draxe.com/the-healing-power-of-bone-broth-for-digestion-arthritis-and-cellulite/

He has a "remedy" for bloating and GERD & sluggish digestion, called a Sole.  He says it is effective enough to use instead of the awful stuff they give you before a colonoscopy.

I have not tried it yet, but next time I have an attack, I would like to - 

Here is the recipe:  https://draxe.com/salt-water-flush-recipe/

and here is his reasoning behind it:

https://draxe.com/salt-water-flush/

This Sole, or Salt Water Flush, is a DETOX remedy, and should not be used by those suffering akathisia, or acute withdrawal symptoms.  Any detox when you are having withdrawal symptoms  runs the risk of making it worse.

I'll let you know when I try it.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Just wanted to share that DGL licorice has really helped with GERD and nausea. I know that licorice can be stimulating, but the DGL licorice shouldn't have effects on blood pressure.

2008 -2013 Most of the time on 75 mg venlafaxine and 0,25 mg Klonopin, 2013 august-oct - weaning off venlafaxine
2013 december- severe panick attacks, difficulties with breathing and swallowing, brain zaps, derealisation ect.
back to 75 mg venlafaxine
2014 dec - 60 mg venlafaxine, 2015 jan - 55 mg
2015 feb - hospitalisation,extreme WD, switched to 10mg Prozac, weaning off Klonopin
2015 march - added inositol, niacin, fish oil
2015 april - free from klonopin, only on 10mg Prozac, may - oct 10mg - 6 mg prozac

2015 oct - WD, anxiety, panic attacks - back to 7 mg, Nov- back to 8 mg - added 1/4 of 1,5 mg bromazepam x 2 per day

2015. dec - adverse reaction to prozac, had to CT, only on 1mg klonopin - low grade fever, vertigo, painful urinating

2016. jan - back on venlafaxine 37,5 mg and 1 mg klonopin - , also taking vit c, Q 10, fish oil, magnesium oil, seabuckthorn oil, zinc gluconate, tumeric, april 2016 - back on 75 mg venlafaxine, oct 2016 18 mg venlafaxine 0,5 - 1 mg klonopin,Jan 9 - hospitalized due to severe depression January 12- discontinued venlafaxine, switched from 1 mg clonazepam to 7.5 mg diazepam 2 times a day, 15th January started 75 mg pregabalin, 19th jan - 5 mg diazepam in the morning 7.5 in the evening + 75 mg pegabalin, Jan 27 - 52,5 pregabalin - 6 mg venlafaxine - 5 mg diazepam morning - 10 mg diazepam evening

• 1 month later...

My stomach was the first thing to recover. I went from chronic constipation to chronic diarrhea got off the drugs and now have an appetite and normal bowel movements :)

HOW ENCOURAGING! I often wonder if this will ever improve (like everything else!)

My stomach issues began with a stint of 9 months of nausea the first year, then 7 months straight the next year.

The following year I had indigestion, cramps, pain, aching and was told I had gallstones

the following year I had gall surgery which was horrendous and I often wonder if it was a waste of time

It has taken 7 months to get over the surgery and I still have aches, pain, gas, constipation, etc.

A catscan has returned normal results much to my surprise as in the area of the appendix it is always painful, sometimes better than other times.

Yesterday a severe attack of pain and the only thing I can put it down to is the tiny bit of fat on the small chop I ate. I normally have one bowel movement a day (on Movicol) but I went twice. Went to bed at 8pm and couldn't sleep until I got up at 11pm and had another movement. I am now wondering if fat causes this severe paini/cramp.

I am on a fat free diet and IBS diet already but trying to introduce fats back in gradually (dietician's advice due to weight loss). Along with trying to solve what foods cause anxiety and recent rapid pulse, it is very trying as I have to keep a food diary and nothing seems to prove anything.

I was reading the thread and came across your post. My naturopath told me that it's important to take Ox Bile if your gall bladder has been removed. You may or may not already know this. Thought I'd share just in case. ????

Effexor XR 300 (brand) mg & various SSRIs 15 yrs (Effexor XR 300 mg past 10 yrs

Clonazepam, 1.0 mg. am, .5 mg pm. - 15 yrs, 7-17-16- Began .5 three times a day

Vyvanse 60 mg, - 2 yrs, Cut to 50 mg for 6 mths, Cut to 30 mg. on 4-1-16. Tapering.

Approx. 4-1-15 began Effexor XR 300 taper, very slowly for a year. Held at 37.5 for about 3 mths. Cut to 18 mg for 2 wks to 0. WD began 2 wks later. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, low appetite, nausea.

7-14-16-Reinstated 5 beads Effx after 4 mths misery.Pooped out 10 days.

9-12-16-to present- Wide eyed terror, bedridden fear, no appetite/feeling of being full.

10-30-16- Began 15% liquid tapering of 30 mg Vyvanse. (25 mg)

11-13-16- Liquid Vyvanse 22 mg,11-27-16- Liquid 15 mg, 12-12-16- Vyvanse 12.5 for 5 days. 12-16 - 12-29, 15 mg.

11-20-16- Switched back to 1.0 clonazepam am & .5 bedtime

12-30-16- Moved to 15 mg COMPOUNDED Vyvanse.Current 4/11-4/25 7.5 mg.(10% ev 2 wks) Off Vyvanse

Current meds:Effexor XR- 3 Beads, Clonazepam-1.0 mg am, .5 mg bedtime,Vyvanse-(tapering) Estradiol- 2

mg,Progesterone 200 mg,Testosterone 30 mg/ml,Nature Throid- 48.75 mg.(12-21-16-65 mg.) (4-18-17-81.25 mg) Current supplements: Fish Oil-1360 mg, Curamin- 2706 mg.

• 1 month later...

Hi , anyone else with gastointestinal issues, reflux etc AFTER being of SSRI for some time ??  Can Prozac affec the stomach muscles ? Anyone with information in this matter ? Can the receptors in the stomach heal ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2144406/Antidepressants-effects-Happy-pills-digestive-problems.html

Asking because I am scared 14 years on this drug has destroyed my stomach receptors ...:/

I am suffering from severe LPR (larnyphageal reflux ) since 9 months severe and its 3 years since I came of completely Prozac (as you ´can see in my signature it wasn't easy ) but its only now 2 years after that the issues with the reflux has become severe--- can it be comnnected to all this years of Prozac ? ?? I have done several examinations now and the only thing theý found so far is that my LES (lower esophageal spincter) relaxes and doesn't close at it should...

Very grateful to your reply!

Kindest regards,

/trying to survive ...

Edited by ChessieCat
Removed request not to move post

fluoxetine since 13years followed doctors advice tapered 40 mg to 0mg in 4 months july 2015 august crasched in panic attacks etc end of september akatisia , nausea, crying alot no one told me it could be something called withdrawal I read it and also about going back to last dose No one knew if it was worth it. tried reinstate autumn 2014 5 mg prozac then 10mg since 29/11-2014 feel only worse sucidal for real, tried antihistamine 10 mg or oxascand (benso) 5 mg or valerian for anxiousness but sick feeling taking this. 6mg prozac to taper slowly down since 15/2-2014 (30ml out of 100ml water with 20 mg pill) tapered 10-20% per month until June 2015 super anxious depressed tired. Got Buspar may 2015 5mg 10mg 15mg headache etc
June 2015: 10mg buspar plus around 3 mg prozac quit this cold turkey in July 2015. One week later crying spells and suicidal. Tried 5htp.magnesium omega 3 until September. October 2015 tested vit D was 17 . Since October 2015 ONLY Vit D and magnesium . nov 2016 can laungh again! but still too anxious ,depressed or lethargic in waves can't focuS, Crying spells , scared, social fobia, bitterness. .. . Did not reinstate prozac again . Trying to survive ....

july 2016-troathpain /reflux starts...

• 1 month later...

I was found to have a hernia in that same area where yours does not close... it is common in wd to have these issues. 

and it just dawned on me that this may be one of the early sysmptoms of pooped out or 

tach·y·phy·lax·is
ˌtakəfiˈlaksəs/
noun
MEDICINE

1. rapidly diminishing response to successive doses of a drug, rendering it less effective. The effect is common with drugs acting on the nervous system.

I wish I had of clued in when this started and found a way to taper. 

As for healing this I have no magic answers I wish I did. Drink a lot of water walk after every meal sorry that is all I got and I have tried everything... candied ginger did help some as did the fast melting tumbs.. and soda water some times different times different things sleeping sitting up helped too. 

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone needed treatment for another condition but couldn't take the medicine because it would cause your med to increase while you're going through withdrawal? If anyone else has or had this problem, did you try to treat once you were stabilized? Did it help where you didn't feel withdrawal while taking the medication/s to treat your condition? Or did you still have the same issue? I believe I'm going through gastritis from my med and can't treat it with a PPI because I go through more withdrawal and feel all these side effects. I'm not one whose normally on a PPI. 

Thank you to anyone that can help me with this.

Doxepin 200mg in April 1996.

Switched to Prozac in November 1997. Had terrible anxiety and nausea from Prozac.

Switched then to Zoloft 50mg in December 1997.

Reduced to 25mg Zoloft in Early April 2012? Didn't know then to note it down.

Down to 25mg every 4 days around Early October 2012? Again didn't know to take note.

Experiencing interdose withdrawal since May 2017.  

Reinstated Zoloft daily at 12.5mg tablets on August 3, 2017 so I can stabilize and finally taper off. Started to experience shaking all over after 6 days on it. Felt too strong for me.

Reduced the dosage to 3.125mg switching to homemade liquid on August 9, 2017. 

In addition, I take Omega-3 Fish Oil, MSM, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Evening Primrose Oil, probiotics and Magnesium Glycinate.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15444-fightback72-tolerance-withdrawal-need-to-start-taper/

• ChessieCat changed the title to Having to treat another condition while withdrawing
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, JanCarol said:

I've also been learning more about bone broth.

https://draxe.com/the-healing-power-of-bone-broth-for-digestion-arthritis-and-cellulite/

He has a "remedy" for bloating and GERD & sluggish digestion, called a Sole.  He says it is effective enough to use instead of the awful stuff they give you before a colonoscopy.

I have not tried it yet, but next time I have an attack, I would like to - 

Here is the recipe:  https://draxe.com/salt-water-flush-recipe/

and here is his reasoning behind it:

https://draxe.com/salt-water-flush/

This Sole, or Salt Water Flush, is a DETOX remedy, and should not be used by those suffering akathisia, or acute withdrawal symptoms.  Any detox when you are having withdrawal symptoms  runs the risk of making it worse.

I'll let you know when I try it.

Hi JC,

Its called an "enema"...This can also be induced by putting a tsp of bicarbonate of soda into a glass and adding water then downing it.

Lets just say I drank it (it was disgusting) and was on the loo for about 3 days non-stop!!!

Other JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

LOL JC I thought an "enema" was something you put in the other end!

I knew I wasn't game to try a "Sole" - though I can think of times when that sort of cleansing might be beneficial (like serious constipation - it's better than taking a laxative).

I still hold that Bone Broth is awesome, though!

The other other JC

On 13/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, O2bhappy said:

Anja -

I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with nausea.  I dealt with nausea for 14 months when I stopped taking Prozac.  I couldn't eat.  I lost 55 pounds.  I tried Zofran but only took it a few times.  I would drink protein drinks.  I would also eat pudding, soup and crackers.  Another thing I had to do was stop taking my multivitamin and fish oil, they made my nausea so much worse.  I would chew on ginger throughout the day.  I wish I had some more helpful advise. 

I realize I'm responding to an old post here, but in the 6 months since this has started I've lost about 60 pounds. 

Whenever anxiety is high, I feel extremely nauseous and can't eat. I also have trouble relaxing so I'm often on the move. With health anxiety it's really hard not to worry that it's something worse. 

Any suggestions for foods?

Jan. 21, 2017: 50 mg Zoloft for moderate-severe social anxiety

end of Feb. 2017: 100 mg one time, contracted flu, missed 2 doses (50 mg); subsequent panic attacks

Mar. 22: 50 mg every other day

Mar. 31: 25 mg every other day

April 16: 0 mg

April - September: 2-3 Ativan a month. 

October - 1 Ativan

November - 1 Ativan

Completely off Ativan as of December 2017.

21 hours ago, JanCarol said:

LOL JC I thought an "enema" was something you put in the other end!

I knew I wasn't game to try a "Sole" - though I can think of times when that sort of cleansing might be beneficial (like serious constipation - it's better than taking a laxative).

I still hold that Bone Broth is awesome, though!

The other other JC

LOL!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong on the enema thing, but its certainly a very effective laxative :D

JC Junior :lol:

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've read a few others have experienced digestive problems and other gut issues while reducing anti depressants. Not sure if it's from medication or H-pylori but I definitely have a bad gut. 

Ive tried the pure encapsulation today and felt sick from it as it had over 12 different ingredients. Don't know which one I was reacting to. Hoping someone can recommend a digestive enzyme that doesn't contain so many ingredients? 

Thanks in advance.

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

Hi guys,

I've read a few others have experienced digestive problems and other gut issues while reducing anti depressants. Not sure if it's from medication or H-pylori but I definitely have a bad gut. 

Ive tried the pure encapsulation today and felt sick from it as it had over 12 different ingredients. Don't know which one I was reacting to or if it's histamine problems...Hoping someone can recommend a digestive enzyme that doesn't contain so many ingredients?  

Thanks in advance.

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

11 hours ago, hardy86 said:

Hi guys,

Ive tried the pure encapsulation today and felt sick from it as it had over 12 different ingredients. Don't know which one I was reacting to. Hoping someone can recommend a digestive enzyme that doesn't contain so many ingredients? 

Thanks in advance.

I take Schiff Digestive Enzyme for Irritable Bowel Support and Metamucil. It helps me. I take the digestive enzyme morning and night and Metamucil in the afternoon.

Good luck on your quest.

Take care,

Frogie xx

• JanCarol changed the title to Digestive problems: Nausea, Diarrhea, Bloating, GERD
  • 3 weeks later...

just for information, i have found this study http://www.openaccessjournals.com/peer-review/effects-of-selective-serotonin-reuptake-inhibitors-on-the-pharmacokinetics-of-proton-pump-inhibitors-12006.html

So antidepressant and anxiolytic have interaction with Proton-pump inhibitors (used to reduce stomac acidity)

(i am french)

1998 prazépam, citalopram /1999 paroxetine prazepam /2000 paroxétine /2001venafaxine, alprazolam, clomipramine * 2002 (dont remember)/2003 clomipramine, alprazolam /2004 clomipramine /2005 alprazolam /2006(dont remember) * 2007citalopram, alprazolam, prazépam, venlafaxine /2008(dont remember) /2009 venlafaxine /2010 venlafaxine *All precedent withdrawal were very fast. I tried many times to stop but didn't know what happened. *2011 mirtazapine (22,5 mg) , norset , risperdal (cold turkey for risperdal and norset, analysis by doctor say that my body does not support and i was in danger) /2012 mirtazapine / 2013 mirtazapine  *october 2014 mirtazapine (15mg) - putting down slowly.   *when i was good for one month i  down 1ml. (1ml of 100ml of water in which there was 1 pill of 15mg of mirtazapine. At the end i remove 1ml of 50ml of water but with 0,5 pill it does the same concentration.) (i down more like "how i feel, because at the beginning i had a calendar tapping 10% every 15 days and i was really bad, so i decided to see one month and after if i was trust in my body, i remove 10% of the dose at the beginning; and at the end i remove 1ml (when the 10% was lower than 1ml). It was more how i feel. (it is just the last 1 ml that i remove rapidly because i think i was attached mentally and i need to break. and 1ml of 50ml of 15/2mg is just 1ml correspond to 0.15mg. ).  -juillet 2017 stop all. 

nov 2017 tetany and gastritis. I found "euphytose", "spasmine", "phyto-stress" from Govital(the more efficient if crisis because more concentrated)  efficient. If very bad i take valerian extract 1000mg (stop crisis). 

january 2022: I survive. Still having no hunger sensation.

for information:

Gaba modulate esophageal sphincter and has a anti ulcer activity.

sphincter modulation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10611148

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10535878

anti ulcer

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3041149

regulation of acidity

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2155808

(i am french)

1998 prazépam, citalopram /1999 paroxetine prazepam /2000 paroxétine /2001venafaxine, alprazolam, clomipramine * 2002 (dont remember)/2003 clomipramine, alprazolam /2004 clomipramine /2005 alprazolam /2006(dont remember) * 2007citalopram, alprazolam, prazépam, venlafaxine /2008(dont remember) /2009 venlafaxine /2010 venlafaxine *All precedent withdrawal were very fast. I tried many times to stop but didn't know what happened. *2011 mirtazapine (22,5 mg) , norset , risperdal (cold turkey for risperdal and norset, analysis by doctor say that my body does not support and i was in danger) /2012 mirtazapine / 2013 mirtazapine  *october 2014 mirtazapine (15mg) - putting down slowly.   *when i was good for one month i  down 1ml. (1ml of 100ml of water in which there was 1 pill of 15mg of mirtazapine. At the end i remove 1ml of 50ml of water but with 0,5 pill it does the same concentration.) (i down more like "how i feel, because at the beginning i had a calendar tapping 10% every 15 days and i was really bad, so i decided to see one month and after if i was trust in my body, i remove 10% of the dose at the beginning; and at the end i remove 1ml (when the 10% was lower than 1ml). It was more how i feel. (it is just the last 1 ml that i remove rapidly because i think i was attached mentally and i need to break. and 1ml of 50ml of 15/2mg is just 1ml correspond to 0.15mg. ).  -juillet 2017 stop all. 

nov 2017 tetany and gastritis. I found "euphytose", "spasmine", "phyto-stress" from Govital(the more efficient if crisis because more concentrated)  efficient. If very bad i take valerian extract 1000mg (stop crisis). 

january 2022: I survive. Still having no hunger sensation.

Nothing helps for bloating, indigestion , pain ,cramps in stomach.

Anyone there?

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

8 minutes ago, bhasski said:

Anyone there?

Did you try the Schiff Digestive Enzyme for Irritable Bowel Support? I take 1 morning and 1 at night and I take Metamucil in the afternoon. It helps a lot with the bloating, indigestion, pain and cramps. It also helps keep me regular. DGL also helps me with bloating and indigestion. Peppermint will help some too. 

Good luck!

Frogie xx

• Shep changed the title to Digestive problems: Nausea, Diarrhea, Bloating, GERD
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just undergone a gastroscopy and colonoscopy due to a positive result from the National bowel test you get in the mail. 

It was discovered I still have the inflammation in in the lower oesophagus and top of stomach I had several years ago.  He galled it gastritis.  This would explain my nausea, indigestion, full stomach and belly discomfort. 

The interesting thing was that the doctor who did the procedure thought I must be taking aspirin, so I reckon it has to be the Paxil.  I also found a comparison between a/d’s and Paxil rated the highest for gastro issues.  I also looked up gastritis and found that the number one cause is "certain drugs".

I had myself convinced I had bowel cancer!  That was a relief finding it was not, but that the bleeding is from the “haemorrhagic gastritis in the antrum.”

This may help others who have gastro problems and to understand why.

Stress can make it worse and eating certain foods makes it worse.  It helps to eat smaller meals more frequently. 

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 26/11/2017 at 3:11 AM, bhasski said:

Anyone there?

Well, first, you should post this in your thread.

Next, saying that "nothing helps" indicates that you are approaching this from a global (all or nothing) negative approach.  How much better it would be if you would post what you tried and what happened.  I can think of several things which are excellent for bloating, like activated charcoal or bentonite, lemon water, peppermint tea, ginger, for indigestion - enzymes, DGL (DeGlycinated Licorice), probiotics.  Cramps in stomach = stop eating wheat and maybe even go totally gluten free.  The current hybridised wheat grown is not meant to be digested - it is, literally, indigestible, and yet it is in all of your food, including spices.  They doubled or trebled the allergens in the wheat when they hybridised it to get better yield per acre, and now - they put it in nearly every food.  Have you tried these?  How did that work for you?

I have suffered some backup in the small intestine.  Once it gets to the large intestine, things move fine, but the small intestine can be so firm that it sometimes protrudes and blocks the large.

There are people who sell complex and expensive herbs for small intestine cleansing (again, this is detox protocol:  do not do if suffering withdrawal), and my research pointed me to the salt cleansing sole.  (again, only this time I'm desperate enough to try it.)

This might help for bloating and indigestion.  One of the things the drugs do is slow down your gut bugs, and slow digestion.  This isn't good for health in so many ways.

I did my first sole this morning -2 Tablespoons Australian Lake Salt in a Litre of warm water, chased by a litre of fresh cool water.

It was hard to drink, and took me a 1/2 hour to drink the salt water.  Maybe that's too long - they recommend downing it as fast as possible (preferably within 5 minutes).

It did not do much, but the texture of my belly feels softer and more pliable.  It may be that I'm more locked up than I thought I was - I got no laxative effect at all, just a little tummy rumbling as the salt water moved through my tummy, and having to pee a lot.

I will be trying it for a few days in a row to see if I can get the small intestine to release.

Maybe if I put lemon in it, I will be able to drink it more quickly and get better effect.

But so far - basically nothing (other than the fact that I've drunk over 3 litres of water today!).

6 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Well, first, you should post this in your thread.

Next, saying that "nothing helps" indicates that you are approaching this from a global (all or nothing) negative approach.  How much better it would be if you would post what you tried and what happened.

Well sorry, I posted in your thread...

It seems to me I was suffering a lot and I ended up being searching on your thread for info..

Grammatical error - " To read it as Nothing helps 'me'." Not global perspective.

And I tried lot of things.. that are difficult to get here in India and what people suggested over last 2 years.

ACV.. ( BRAGGS). KEFIR.. NOW 25 billion CFU.. buttermilk.. omega3.. lemon water.. Antibiotics( rifaximin) .. Bicasodyl.. etc.. Homeopathy.. Ayurveda.. and etc etc..  so I put is as short as nothing.. may be my anxiety let me to not write down.

Sorry again.. will not post here hereafter.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/12/2018 at 5:48 AM, bhasski said:

Well sorry, I posted in your thread...

@bhasski it is not my thread - it is a community thread.  This is a place to share information that will help others who are suffering.

Your new post is more descriptive, thank you.  Even better would be telling us how you tried these protocols and what happened. Think of the community when you post here, and try and help others.

More information on the Sole / Salt flush.  Day Two of the "cleanse" resulted in (TMI, sorry) runny poo, but no movement.   I did manage to get the saltwater down in 5 minutes, but was unable to chase it with a whole litre of water like on the first day.

My conclusion is that the "salt flush" works much like an osmotic laxative like Movicol, maybe more natural, maybe a little harsher.  

I don't know how many times I would have to do it to break up what feels like rocks in my small intestine, but it doesn't seem to be effective for me unless I did it for a whole month, and I can't stand a whole month of runny poo that doesn't move.

I would like to try a few things before taking this to an MD...but I don't think the Sole / salt flush is the solution for me.

Not having a good time with GERD......currently experiencing a "flare up".

Painful throat, spasms, inflammation, almost a choking sensation.

Seeing GP tomorrow, and hope and pray I don't get referred for endoscopy :( 

Major Life Events: 

Just now, Junglechicken said:

Not having a good time with GERD......currently experiencing a "flare up".

Painful throat, spasms, inflammation, almost a choking sensation.

Seeing GP tomorrow, and hope and pray I don't get referred for endoscopy :( 

Sorry to hear that JC:

They might have you take something for GERD. I did for years and tapered off of it.

It could be stress related too. 

Keep me posted.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks Frogie, yes it'll be stress related.  

Very unpleasant symptoms (second I've had them time in 2 yrs).  Could be worse I guess.

I still have a box of Omzaprole left over.

Ughhh!

TC,

JC xxx

Major Life Events: 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy