SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi brassmonkey Tom,

I too.....am thankful for your descriptions and travel experiences..........sounds like lot's of fun for you and the wife.  My older brother, same name, interestingly is doing the same thing more or less right now........the frequent travels with his wife, as they both are into a pretty nice enough(financially and otherwise) retirement now.

I don't know about China going on my list......and oh, hooboy, I hope that is not the way it will all be in the US one day.  Not something I can control though......population and all that goes with it.  So glad the people are all, for the most part friendly and it does sound as if they are looking out for rather than taking advantage of US visitors.  So that makes me happy.......very happy.  And happy for you!

What's next??  I will stay tuned.

Thank you for all you do.

Love, peace, recovery/healing, and growth........

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Tom(Brassmonkey):

I'm so glad that you and your wife can travel and enjoy life like that.

But, we want to see pictures lol...

You know I'm just joking. Imagine that, I can finally joke.

Hope you're doing well. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Thanks for the added pressure Frogie, LOL :P .  I still have to download them from the camera,  There are about 7000 I think.  Actually I still owe some pictures from Egypt too, so I had better get on it.

This sinus thing I picked up has decided to get worse.  It backed off for a few days, but is hitting full force today so I think I had better get the doctor to take a look.  Have to call and get an appointment.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thanks for the added pressure Frogie, LOL :P .  I still have to download them from the camera,  There are about 7000 I think.  Actually I still owe some pictures from Egypt too, so I had better get on it.

This sinus thing I picked up has decided to get worse.  It backed off for a few days, but is hitting full force today so I think I had better get the doctor to take a look.  Have to call and get an appointment.

Yeah I think you owe Egypt too. We just love to see your pictures lol...

You better get an appt. soon.

Feel better. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hope it clears up soon, Brass. Some essential oils are supposed to be good for sinuses, but they can affect people in different ways.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Doctor had a cancellation yesterday afternoon so I was able to get right in.  "Massive sinus infection" and a prescription for antibiotics.  Hopefully we can get things to clear up now.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Doctor had a cancellation yesterday afternoon so I was able to get right in.  "Massive sinus infection" and a prescription for antibiotics.  Hopefully we can get things to clear up now.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

All sounds great Tom! Other than the infection... heal up quick!

How's the anxiety/ potential wd symptoms from your jump off?? Cleared up?

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

Thanks Nick and Frogie.  I think most of the anxiety was down to pretrip jitters.  Getting everything pulled together for China really took some doing.  Things noticeably settled down as soon as we were in the air.  Now I just want to sleep as the infection clears its self up.

Jitters and anxiety before a flight to China?

Sounds normal for well-adjusted, healthy people IIRC, bm!

Best regards

peng.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sending healing vibes your way, Tom. Hope the sinus infection clears up soon.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah bummer on the infection in sinuses.  Jet lag, jet travel, etc. probably added to your susceptibility.......perhaps?  Nip that infection in the bud!!!  Hopefully some rest and all the rest will have you leaping in joy energy again soon......take a week brassmonkey.  Hmmm.......makes me wonder if I should try Jet Blue(to fly) if I go cross country?   Oh yah.......I do the same thing as far as jitters everytime I fly.  Just until I am all checked in at the airport usually.  I mean seriously, how important is what I might have forgot?  Winging it is fun sometimes........

I read recently that everyone over 50 years of age has, to some extent, a decreased or slightly compromised immune system.  One has to live out of isolation though.........and so cool........all your travel and renovations as well.  And the preservation of your main squeeze/ relationship/ Monica.

I am feeling jittery as well.......new roof going on soon........I might go camping up in the canyon or something..........the expense, the I wonder if it is going to look nice.  I think it will be fine.......and hopefully just a couple guys climbing and banging around for just a couple of days.   Sure hope it is lovely and improves the curb appeal of my home sweet home.  My deer friends are back.......the young ones.  They sure like it here and you know.........I like them too!

Wishing rapid wellness upon dear brassmonkey today.

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you for the well wises everyone.  Things seem to be improving.  My sinuses feel a bit more clear this morning.  Who am I kidding I didn't get up 'till one pm.  Lots of fun trying to get to sleep and then lots of dreams and nightmares all night.  I'll blame it on the infection.  I did have to get up about 4am to draw some sketches for a design I've been working on for several months.  It just all came together in my half sleep.  The sketches even make sense in the light of day.  After I did the drawings I was able to fall asleep for a full 8 hours.

The anxiety wasn't about China itself, but more with dealing with the flights, time tables, visas etc. I really don't like relying on strangers for "critical" information and getting things done right, and all the little "hiccups" on this one were really bothering me.  But it looks like we may be doing it all again, as Monica has found a great whirlwind deal for this fall or late winter.  Early stages though.

You're right MMT, it's just a few guys climbing around making noise for a few days.  We had it done three years ago and love it.  I do a happy dance every time it rains.  Right now the problem is that our ceiling contractor isn't calling us back and the new floor is on hold until we get the ceilings finished.  They're the last two biggies to finish off this phase of the remodel.  I started hooking up the kitchen plumbing but got sidelined by the sinus stuff.  So we have running water but no drain.  I'll have to get that finished up the next couple of days.

I'm pretty sure that dealing with the bad air pollution, a different set of "bugs" and the shear number of people (China has 4X the population of the US) had a lot to do with it. (Can't admit I'm getting old or compromised.)  Riding on the subway, navigating through crowds, enclosed planes for hours at a time, it's pretty hard not to get exposed to a lot of different things. Then the changes in weather, dripping hot and amp one day and pouring rain the next.  Constantly on the move, walking 5-7 miles a day getting to bed late and up early. It really is the perfect mix for getting sick.

Brass, I'm sure you already know, but I will remind you please make sure you are not taking a fluoroquinolone antibiotic ( Levaquin,Cipro,or Avelox) they can destroy your life. I have mentioned it over and over again to family and friends and they have the usual reaction by saying if it was bad for you they wouldn't approve it (FDA) we all know what a joke that is. Turns out my uncle didn't realize he was given Levaquin and was completely destroyed for months and still not better from it and I personally diagnosed him with a floxed reaction and doctors did not believe him or me and said to stay off the internet. Well many many thousands of dollars in tests and blood work and weeks of rhumatologists visits they finally agree it was the antibiotic. These clowns should have realized it from the new FDA warnings last year on these meds. It is a shame that people hold doctors up to such high regards when in fact most are pretty stupid people who only trust what they are taught and read like a good little robot. Hope you feel better..

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Thanks for the reminder DLB. I hope everyone takes it to heart.  The first thing I told my doctor was no  fluoroquinolones.  Luckily we get along quite well and she knows about them too.  We settled for keflex (sp) which I've had good luck with in the past, and seems to be doing a good job so far.  She indicated that there was a dose size component involved with the floxing , when I have a clearer head I'm going to ask more about that.  Monica has used Cipro several times with no problems so there may be a physiological aspect to it too.

Get well soon!

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

So glad you're feeling better.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Over the past several nights I've come to find out the insomnia is one of the side effects of Keflex, and I appear to have a really good example of it.  Oh well, it will let me catch up on some of my picture editing and maybe some writing I've been putting off.  Other than that the infection seems to be clearing up nicely.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, that's frustrating about the insomnia, Brass. Glad to know that otherwise you're feeling better.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

Get that infection gone, the insomnia will pass when you're done. I struggled for months with a sinus infection before I got treatment. Glad you got right on it!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

Well we've done a CT switch of software. We'll have to give it a few days to stabilize, but so far it looks like it will be pretty painless.

The infection is slowly working it's way out.  Being one that my body is unfamiliar with (i.e. I got it over seas) I expect it will take longer than usual to fully resolve.  The insomnia is under control and I'm getting around and doing a lot of home projects.  Just have to make sure to take more breaks.

• Moderator Emeritus
23 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Well we've done a CT switch of software. 

Ha! :lol:

Glad you're feeling better.

Thanks. :P

Well the sinuses seem to be clearing pretty well, which is good. However, things seem to be moving down into my chest.  I'm having a lot of coughing and shortness of breath along with a general sick feeling.  Guess I'll go back to the doctor the first of the week and get that checked out.  Still on the antibiotics so I don't want to jump too soon. 

Hope you feel better soon Brass lots of rest... 

peace B

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• Moderator Emeritus

New episode of Better Call Saul tonight, my friend!

• Moderator Emeritus

Bummer Brass!  Thanks for the heads up on Better Call Saul tonight, SkyBlue.  I hope I'm not too late too catch it.  Entertaining......lol.  :)

• Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome, MMT. Such a great episode tonight.

Brocical (sp) (I don't like this spell checker) inflammation caused by the infection. Got an inhaler and some cough medicine and should be alright in a week or so.

Saul has been excellent all season.  We usually wait until we have two episodes recorded to watch.  It's easier to follow hat way, with out the weekly break.  We do that on most of the shows we watch.

Remodel milestone today.  We finally got the new ovens installed.  That gets a huge box out of the family room, which opens things up a lot.  There was some last minute rerouting of electrical wires to do.  Which I had to do some drywall patching while the installers stood around getting in the way.  I got them back by doing the same thing while they were trying to work though.  But it really looks great.  Getting ceilings redone in the living room, dining room and entry way tomorrow.  Which will free things up to have the floors installed on the 26th.  It will be one year in August since we tore out the cabinets.

• Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Tom!  I am in awe.  It was just the roof for me......and just waiting for the final inspection by the roofer next week........and it looks good, is good........yet, I am in awe.  I am only guessing but imagining you were able to do okay with it all......and participate........and keep your cool and everything........and you are still at it!!   And I think I did okay too. 

Sure hoping your chest cold/infection is doing better too......

Best,

mmt

I'm glad the roof is working out well.  Any of these things can be very anxiety producing.  I remember being pretty nervous when we got the roof done a few years ago.  That was just a training ground for the remodel.  It gets pretty stressful when a swarm of guys descend on the house and start tearing things apart, lots of noise and dust and tense talk trying to get information across.  Here in California many of the labor workers don't speak much english, which makes things difficult at times.  Being the two of us, we were able to tag team things, which helped.  We also did a lot of work finding each contractor, making sure we had people we could communicate and work with.  All the travel is what has really slowed things down.  Fitting things in and around trips and then some things have to be done before others.  Like with the current job of getting the floors in.  The materials were delivered a month ago, but we had to get the ceilings done first and our original contractor bailed out so we had to find another, reschedule etc, etc.  It's been quite the learning experience.  We'll have a lot better idea how to handle things when we start the other half of the house.

The infection is all cleared up, now it's getting through the coughing and clearing out of the chest from the inflammation. It's a slow process, full of ups and downs.  Nights and evenings are worse with the coughing, but the days are pretty good.

We also watch Saul, and just finished watching this week's episode that we had recorded.  Glad you are on the mend Tom!  I see today is your two month mark being paxil free.  So happy for you my friend!!

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Two months already!  I've actually lost track and was going to look it up.  Thank you.