☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

Opening night at the Hollywood Bowl with  concert by the Moody Blues.  After fifty (50) years they've still got it.  Had an excellent picnic with friends before hand and then an amazing concert.  Only drawback was that sharing air with 74,000 other people set off my chest.  Had nasty coughing fits all the way home and for several hours afterwards.  Feeling ok this morning,  feels like only a small truck hit me, so will take it easy all day.  The coughing is starting up again so have to go find my puffer.

Monica and I both play the online game "Bejeweled Blitz". Its very good for concentration and coordination.  Anyway, we have come up with a tag team method of playing the parties (shared team style games) that generates a ton of coins (needed to buy special gem stones to get higher scores).  The timing was right for it last night after the concert, so we stayed up even later playing.  It's great fun being able to share and we had a great time of it.  One great thing about the game is that it's non competitive, you're playing against yourself to get a high score, experience points and coins.  You can have several bad games and then several fantastic ones in a row.  There's a bit of skill involved, but that grows with experience.  It's more about having fun matching things is certain patterns and watching the board explode.  I started playing it just over a year ago to help my concentration and it's really helped.  It also was a good distraction when the WDs would hit and I needed to think about something else.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Oh,I love the Moody Blues!....soundtrack of my youth:).....lucky you....

sorry about the chest trouble though...hope it clears up fast....xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Opening night at the Hollywood Bowl with  concert by the Moody Blues.  After fifty (50) years they've still got it.  Had an excellent picnic with friends before hand and then an amazing concert.  

Hi Brass! Sounds like an amazing concert! Picnics are so fun too. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• Moderator Emeritus

This is your one-hour reminder, season finale of Better Call Saul airs tonight!

Did anyone notice Chuck (grrrrr, Chuck!) using mindfulness as a strategy? He was naming objects: "Black pan, red bowl," etc. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

This is your one-hour reminder, season finale of Better Call Saul airs tonight!

Did anyone notice Chuck (grrrrr, Chuck!) using mindfulness as a strategy? He was naming objects: "Black pan, red bowl," etc. 

Is Chuck Saul's lawyer brother?  And thanks.  I did do some catch up on the ? 3rd season last week and will do the same this week.  It is an interesting take on what want of money and shifty living can be like, with the added bonus of a character trying for mental health in a world that cherishes robotic types and all that......  Yet, it helps.  Good drama, good writing, irony, good filming.........what more can one ask?

And I don't know brass........but perhaps you could send all those bee's(my latest helpers :wacko:) fedex.  I will send wasps and ants by return x.  Haola!!

Groovy on the Moody Blues!  Trying to decide who or which concert to get tickets for......later on this summer.  Can you say solstice?  Here we go.......here we are summer solstice, the 21st.........so maybe tonight after midnight.  Haola again.  All is well and getting better.  All is well and so be it.

I get fairly obsessed with Word WF.  It used to grant me some freebies when I scored real well or met my weekly challenges.  Then that stopped.  Sooo.....maybe.......on trying Bejeweled Blitz.  I really have to get to some Ed2go or other learning, growing, useful something soon though.

Love, peace, recovery/healing, growth, and thank you all for the kindness and comfort in times of (when it's needed),

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Excellent final episode for Saul.  The entire season has been great, and such a cliff hanger.  Watching what Chuck is going through is very painful, he's playing it so well.

The bees are being locally rehomed in the next couple of weeks.  When my mother used to get new hives they would come through the mail, always totally freaked the postman.  We have plenty of ants, so I'll have to pass on that one.  Wasps could be fun, but I think the neighbors would object and we kinda push their limits anyway.

The ceiling painter is here working away, so that will be checked off the list this afternoon.  Got the walls all patched and ready for us to paint tomorrow.  Then the flooring people show up on monday.  We may actually get this project finished after all.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

MMT, yes Chuck is Jimmy's brother. 

Brass, I agree-- an amazing season and over too quickly. I don't want to say too much in case ppl haven't seen it yet. But amazing!!!! The character development is just incredible. 

Well I've learned the hard way that one of the side effects of the cough medication I'm taking for the chest problems is severe abdominal cramping.  Got wakened up at 5 am twice now with intense lower stomach pain.  Takes about 6-8 hours to clear up, then leaves you exhausted. Not much you can do about it either, distraction if you can, pacing up and down, some massage all help a bit, but not much.  Getting flashbacks to my Seven Years of Pain.

Gota get up and pace some more.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Tom, that is really frustrating about the pain. 6 to 8 hours? Yikes. I can understand why it would bring flashbacks to what you've dealt with before. 

As you know I am a huge fan of magnesium -- maybe the med is draining your magnesium stores and therefore causing cramping? Could be worth a try to take some. Epsom salt bath maybe? Powdered magnesium (I like Natural Calm) dissolved in water seems to work fastest for me.

Sounds really intense and I hope it heals soon…. Hang in there, my friend.

<<<HUGS!!!>>>>

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh dear, sorry to read this, Tom. Sending healing vibes your way. I hope your stomach feels better soon. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Brass,

Sorry you're feeling bad.  Much healing to you.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Brass,

Really sorry you're suffering...I know how bad those chest colds/infections are.  You've done a lot of travelling recently which have likely taken their toll on your immune system.

Hopefully you can have some downtime to give your immune system a break.

HUGS!

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Get well soon! I hope the cough let up soon, so you dont need the medicine. 

Hugs!

Current dose: 0! Free!  Quit June 2017.

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

Just got back from A & E.  After 22 hours we finally decided to get it looked into.  We were going to wait until later this morning and see my PCP, but needed some pain relief.  Got a pain shot that helped somewhat, and a bunch of lab work.  They didn't find anything wrong so not much help there.  However, the lab work is indicating my  kidney problems are getting worse.  My regular labs six months ago showed that things were under control.  So I'm getting a followup with my PCP to figure out what's going on.  I suspect that 24 years of taking paxil has something to do with it.

Thank you all so much for the notes of support.  Over all I'm feeling a lot better now.  Residual aches and tiredness, but I was able to eat some breakfast and am thinking strongly about a nap.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tom,

Was just about to send you a note when you posted.  I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.   Never a dull moment.

1 minute ago, brassmonkey said:

However, the lab work is indicating my  kidney problems are getting worse.  My regular labs six months ago showed that things were under control.  So I'm getting a followup with my PCP to figure out what's going on.  I suspect that 24 years of taking paxil has something to do with it.

These drugs truly are the gift that keeps on giving.  I hope this turns out to be a blip and that there is nothing really going on with the kidneys.

My thoughts are with you and am hoping this will pass without event.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

21 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Well I've learned the hard way that one of the side effects of the cough medication I'm taking for the chest problems is severe abdominal cramping.  Got wakened up at 5 am twice now with intense lower stomach pain.  Takes about 6-8 hours to clear up, then leaves you exhausted. Not much you can do about it either, distraction if you can, pacing up and down, some massage all help a bit, but not much.  Getting flashbacks to my Seven Years of Pain.

Gota get up and pace some more.

smaller amounts next time only when you really need it for the next breathing problem chest issue try NAC supplement it really helps me I take often in a day but not for breathing it is just a good side effect

long term drug use...I hear ya... ways we are compromised now cause of it sucks but must be dealt with... 

I hope you have a good nap when you wake if you feel up to it juicing may help you feel better bunch of something green... a carrot whatever else you have that is organic... helps me

peace to you

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Bummer!  What's A and E?  Arts and empathy.....:)I have no doubt that you will continue to heal after this blip.......you have come too far.

What kind of kidney problems have you had in the past?  Now I gotta go check my recent lab results again.......my GP was reassuring in any case that all was well enough for now.

Hugs brassmonkey Tom.  Sending all the healing that I can.  Rest.......great idea.

Love, peace, recovery/healing, and growth

Best, mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

How are you, Tom? 

Hugs!

2017: Last dose zoloft: 17 June 0,00065 mg 18 May 0, 001 mg 14 May 0,002 mg 9 May 0,003 mg 28 April 0,006 mg 19 April 0,009 mg 8 April 0,013 mg 25 March 0,019 mg 22 March 0,039 mg 18 March 0,052 mg 16 March 0,079 mg 4 March 0,086 1 March 0,099 mg 22 February 0,11 mg 15 February 0,13 mg 6 February 0,145 mg 24 January 0,15 mg 19 January 0,19 mg 10 January 0,20 mg 3 January

2016: 0,98 to 0,22 mg; 2015: 2,35 to 1,01 mg; 2014: 4,9 to 2,5 mg; 2013: 9,1 to 5,1 mg; 2012: 15,7 to 9,7 mg; 2011: Started on 25 mg - then 50 mg- dropped to 25- to 12.5 mg - back to 25 mg - after 18.75 mg started tiny tapering to 16.6 mg

Started on 25 mg Zoloft in March 2011 due to stressrelated tinnitus that gave me panicattacks. Had a terrible reaction to Zoloft from start, but was told to "hold on". After four months I was stuck. Therefore the long taper. Crazy, I know... Super sensitive to drops and have dropped by 4-6 % from the previous dose.

A & E (Accident and Emergency) what the rest of the world calls the ER (Emergency Room).

thank you all for the show of concern, it's greatly appreciated.  We (Monica is going to advocate) have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with my PCP to get the ball rolling.  I've been really out of sorts since it happened. I lost three pounds from not eating that day and essentially doing 24 hours of dynamic tension exercises. That has also left me quite sore all over and especially where the muscles were spasming  the most.  The weight loss seems to have dropped me below a threshold of some sort so now my BP medication is being too effective 95/54 several times yesterday.  Which is making sudden movements tricky, and I have a bunch of work involving ladders that needs to get done before the contractors return in a  few days. Slow and easy with lots of breaks.  It's also caused an uptick in lack of comprehension. 

I'll let everyone know what happens tomorrow.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tom,  

Please listen to the advice you give others and don't push yourself.  There is no reason to force yourself up on a ladder while you are getting yourself stabilized.

I know I speak for everyone here when I say your well-being is important to all of us.  You are a valuable resource to many.

And please DO keep us posted.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

Tom, I'm going to echo what Andy just wrote. You are a valuable resource here, so please take care. 

As someone who already had an injury during withdrawal, all I can say is IT HURTS MORE when you're injured during withdrawal. And it takes a lot longer to heal.

Can you hire someone to help out with the work on your house? I'm concerned because you say you are also having cognitive issues due to this. I find when my memory is having problems, I just seem to have a lot more coordination issues, as well. So not a good time to be on a ladder. Just like you tell people who want to rush their taper - don't do it. Be patient and use caution. Works for tapers and for life in general. Your health is so much more important. 

Please take care of yourself. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update.  Urgent care this morning myself.  So far so good I suppose..........  I'll update my intro.

More than ever.......wishing us all Love, Peace, continued Recovery/Healing, and Growth.......the kind of stuff that benefits us all....

manymoretodays

Dear Tom, I am thinking of you. Take care! Hugs! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tom, thinking of you and hope you get the best possible relief as soon as possible. <<<<<<<<<<HUGS!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>

Well we got the ball rolling. my doctor is pretty concerned about the kidney numbers so I have STAT orders for blood work and an ultrasound which should be happening tomorrow.  Also got orders for a chest x-ray which is already done.  She also changed up my chest meds, which should start showing some results in a few days.  So it will be a bit longer before we have any solid news.

Glad they are on top of things hope it gets sorted soon.  Wishing you a quick and complete recover Brass.  and of course peace

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

I got the all clear a little while ago.  Chest x-ray yesterday, STAT blood work and kidney ultrasound this morning.  Everything came back clear.  So I get to use the new puffer for a couple of weeks and see what happens with the chest problems. The kidney problem seems to have been an anomaly.  I've had been taking a codeine cough syrup and because of the cough being so frustrating bad I too a half dose extra a few hours before my regular dose. Five hours later I woke up in pain from stomach spasms.  This happened twice a couple of day apart.  So I looked it up; intestinal and kidney spasms are a rare but reported side effect of that medication. Because the attacks were only a couple of days apart the second was a lot more intense.  During the attack I didn't drink much water.  So everything added up to give a false blood test indicating stage 3-4 kidney disease.  Rest, rehydration and a few days time and things test as back to normal.  I'm still a bit sore from the muscle tension but very relieved that things are okay.  I'm planning to do followup blood work in three months and again at the first of the year, just to keep an eye on things.

Thank you to everybody for expressing their concern and support.  It really means a lot to know I have such a loving cyberfamily.

• Moderator Emeritus

GREAT NEWS, BRASS!

All clear is just what the doctor ordered.

Best,

Andy

8 hours ago, apace41 said:

GREAT NEWS, BRASS!

All clear is just what the doctor ordered.

I agree! Hugs!

That's awesome!

I'm happy everything turned out ok.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for letting us know, Tom. I hope "all clear" translates into you feeling well real soon. :)

Thats great Brass. Here's to further healing! Keep it up. 

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

So glad this has cleared... hope it stays gone.. 

peace Brass

Had a car accident in 85

Things seem to be slowly improving.  Haven't had any more problems with the kidneys, but we're still going to look into a specialist to check things further.  The breathing problems are taking their own sweet time though.  The Adavair  inhaler was just plain nasty, caused a lot more trouble than it helped.  Took it for a week and then quit.  Since then there has been slow improvement. Hardly coughing now, but still get short of breath.  The heat and damp aren't helping matters, so trying to stay indoors as much as possible.  It's way cooler today which should help.

We're getting geared up on the Haunted House.  Making repairs and new props.  The big push starts the end of next month, but there's a lot to get ready in the mean time.  Finalizing plans for a road trip to Oregon for the solar eclipse the middle of August.  Been planning this for about a year now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Tom.

Just a thought. You have really been pushing yourself a lot during your taper. It's been a lot of really cool stuff, though. But even good stress can tax the nervous system.

I'm just worried that you're not getting enough rest and downtime and your body is telling you to please take time to rest. Your mental state is phenomenal and your progress with mindfulness leaves me in awe. But do rest and take care of the physical stuff, too. As our friend GiaK writes on her Beyond Meds website, "Everything matters".  

I'm glad things are slowly improving and I hope it gets better and better. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Lots of healing to you, friend Brass.  You have helped so many.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.