Iggy131313

Success: Recovery From Protracted Zoloft Withdrawal and PSSD

50 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for posting this, especially the sexual dysfunction part of the post.

still figuring out the technicalities of posts here, sorry guys, definitely got some Chronic Brain Impairment here, but...

slow & steady wins the race!!!

and I will post a new intro shortly

Ruby

I read this story regularly, it really helps during the dark days.

What a great story!  Definitely does give hope.  The one thing that concerns me is that 7 years for me will put me in my late 60s.  I better damn well live long enough to enjoy some normalcy!   :)

This story is a winner for all who are suffering.

That is really inspiring. I hope one day to be writing a post like that on here...and I will.

I hope more recoverers share their stories. Hope is essential in this situation. Good on you, OP. ;)

I love this story, would love to know if this guy tapered or cold turkey'd. Anyone know??

Hi there,

One of the success stories that really seems to give me hope is the one posted by lossleader. He really went through the mill in withdrawal but I often wonder does anyone know what his drug history was??

Did he cold turkey, or taper?? How long was he on Zoloft, and what other ssris did he take if any?? What specific side effects did he encounter?

Maybe Altostrata can remember?? Or one of the other long time servants of this site??

I know it's not always wise to draw comparisons but having arrested a Zoloft withdrawal myself recently I find myself wanting to compare my own symptoms and drug history.

Thanks for any info, I tried searching the archived Paxil progress site but it doesn't yield any results.

Thanks in advance

Bump - because it's so excellent! (also Cooper's question about taper vs. cold turkey is good, if any old-timers remember more of the story)

Thanks so much for posting this. LL reminds me so much of myself. Although I have to say that he is anything but a loser, his story does make me believe that if he can do it so can I. Even without the therapy and vitamins, lifestyle changes and positive attitude that I keep thinking are absolutely necessary for recovery. LL seems to be proof that they're not. Yay! Cause most days I just can't do it.

Thanks again

Getting to understand the lingo here - protracted withdrawal.

Wonder if after 1 month free of drug and feeling so bad

should I take smaller dose of Zoloft again and then taper?

The depression is destabilising my relationship.

How long will this take? If years my relationship will be

dead and buried. During this period the ability to make

clear decisions is very difficult. Grateful for the sharing of these

Heartfelt stories.

Inspirational! And I need inspiration.

I don't get it. 4 years or 7 years if I had to go 2 years with the withdrawl symptoms I have now there's no way I could do it.. I cold turkey from 2mg of prozac, if you even call that a cold turkey.and the reaction I got you would thought I cold turkey from 60 mg. I don't believe these drugs have that power. But they do. I think it's so prolonged because we are under so much stress the the hyperstimulsted stress response is always on full bore and never gives the brain or body a chance to heal from the traumatic shock that just happened. But who knows just boggles my mind a heroin junkie doesnt even take this long to recover but a ssri takes years to recover. There's got to be somthing to help us all without suffering. We can land spaceships on the moon but a person has to suffer ssri withdrawl for years. Doesn't make sense.. I also think these pills are poison and the government in bed with the pharmacy company's to get people hooked on them. If you want to make money start investing in pharmaceutical stocks. Everyone on a pill and everyone buys into the bullcrap ads..these pharmaceutical company's should be in prison

I am so glad to hear this story as I am 9months into protracted withdrawal and have taken the worst headaches ever this week another new symptom that I'm struggling to cope with. My weight is falling off and I can't tolerate any medication at all. I'm so glad to hear that this will end in time. Thank you

Does anyone know if he tapered slowly or just quit Sertraline. I'm pretty much in the same situation currently as he was. 200mg of it I believe? I'd be indebted to anyone who can help me find a bit more about his story.  :excl:

Dave.