My House is Haunted and Sometime My Dreams Are Too

tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

What a horrific dream I had this morning! In my dream I wasn't sure if it was the spirits that dwell here or if outsiders had invaded. You see, when we moved here 25 years ago, I didn't believe in ghosts and such. We hadn't even been thinking about selling or moving but we were visiting some friends and when we rode by this house, I was greatly drawn to it. We asked the friend about it and it just 'happened' to be owned by his brother that lived in another state. We paid more than twice what it was worth and soon moved here and started the 'fixing up'.

The strange things began very soon! I won't go into all of that but "as God is my witness', it's all true. I will touch on it briefly to give you some idea what I've dealt with. The first thing that had no logical explanation was very bright flashing, like the color of lightening but it was inside the house and continued for about 60 seconds. The whole time the corded telephone was going ding, ding, ding. When I could close my mouth and able, I went and looked in the bathroom where the flashing had occurred,looking for something to be charred. It had filled the bathroom and was flashing into the living room at an angle that went from the top of the bathroom doorway out to the floor of the living room. I looked outside to see if a car hit a power pole, again nothing. I got my husband to go in the attic when he came home, to check the wiring, everything was okay. There was absolutely no logical explanation! It was a bright, sun-shiney day!

As things continued happening, my logical mind searched for a logical explanation. I thought perhaps someone had been staying here prior to our moving in and maybe they were still in the attic. There was one bedroom in which I felt someone was in all the time. Every time I came home after being out, I would go straight to that room and search it. Noises would wake me during the night, I would wake my husband and get him to go search that room. If he came out ok, I'd make him go back with me to search it again. This happened more times than I can count! It was my 11 year old son's bedroom.

I never sensed anything in my daughter's bedroom although she would be out of bed sometimes but sound asleep. Sometimes she would be draped over the side of her bed, feet on the floor and torso face down on the bed. She later told me she thought homeless people were living in her bedroom because she would see them walking around in there at night. She was about six years old at the time.

Too many strange things happened to go into all of it. After we'd lived here three or four months, my husband was outside one day talking to the neighbor. When he came in, he said, "did you know somebody died here?" I told him I didn't know, but wasn't surprised. Then, he told me that an elderly lady owned the house before our friend's brother had traded an old junk car for the house. The much younger man she was married to was mentally impaired, according to our neighbor. The lady died in the room I always searched.

I told the lady that if she wouldn't harm our children or us that she could stay and we wouldn't bother her. I told her we would call her 'Grandma'. We've called her that since that day. It didn't occur to me until about seven or eight years ago that there may be more than one spirit dwelling here. That's when I started getting a little fearful. My little dog would see something that I couldn't see and she was very scared of what see saw. Her hair would raise, she would bark and run from something I couldn't see.

Now to the dream I had this morning... I woke around 4am, lay there for a while and decided to go to the bathroom. When I got up, I looked at the clock and it looked like smoke in front of the clock but I finally made out that it was 4:16. When I came through the living room, the DVR light looked like it had smoke or fog in front of it too. There's a night light in the bathroom, everything looked foggy. I thought, "am I going blind?" I rubbed my eyes and went back to bed.

I must have fallen asleep quickly and had an awful dream but it seemed so real. We had been invaded by others and they had taken me to Grandma's room where I woke up with my tee shirt up around my neck. I hurried back to my bedroom and woke my husband. These people had been redecorating our house with non-sense clutter. There was a strange phone by the bed, it had a dial-tone but I couldn't call 911 on it. I got the gun that I keep loaded and cocked it.

We sneaked out the back door to go to my neighbors house. When we were almost there, I heard someone rushing up behind us, then he was in front of us. I had given the gun to my husband and wanted to say "shoot him" but no words would come out. Finally, I said it and my husband shot him. The man didn't bat an eye! I thought he must be a ghost. The man said,"I told y'all to stay in that bedroom". There was a little more to the dream but that highlights it.

Then I woke up, hurting all over from being so tense. My heart was pounding and I was breathing hard. I looked at the clock and it was 5am. I felt the neck of my shirt to see if it was on me right, of course it was. It was a dream! I lay there in silence, my husband's clock went off twice before he got up. I kept lying in the bed trying to get my breathing back to normal. Finally, I was able to get up but my breathing still wasn't normal.

Before my husband left for work, the broom fell and made a loud noise. He looked and said "ok, it has a logical explanation". A few days ago he told me he had heard a loud noise in the same area where the broom fell and there was no logical explanation. I told him,"If there had not been a logical explanation this morning, I WOULD be going to work with you today!"

After we'd lived here a few years, I learned that the man who built this house had the same last name as my maiden name. I've also been told that one man that lived here could predict the future and he and his wife were thought to be witches.

Well, I just had to get that out! I hope it was okay to share. It's all the "honest to God's truth'

Wow....loved this.

How amazing it is that you can witness spirits or beings in your home. This stuff doesn't frighten me I find it absolutely amazing.

Have you looked into how to set spirits free?

Very interesting. Glad you shared it.

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Nikki,

Thanks for letting me know you liked reading. I later thought maybe I shouldn't have.

I haven't checked into setting spirits free. My son moved out of that room as soon as he found out someone had died in there. We've kept it locked just about ever since. It's strange to me that more activity happens near the bathroom where that flashing occurred. Things happen all over the house but mostly in that area. Like in it or outside the walls of it. I've wished I could get some 'real ghost busters' to check it out.

I wasn't scared until my dog got so scared. Before then, she would appear to be looking up at someone with a pleasant look or smile. I'd just think, well, it's grandma. After she started seeing something that terrified her, it got spooky. She'd go to the other side of the room like she saw a person, looking up like where a person's head would be, if they were standing.

I would like to know more about the history here. The house was built in 1960, so I wonder what may have been here further back. I found it interesting that it was built and inhabited by a man that shared my last name (maiden).

In the area where my brother died, pictures constantly fell off the walls. (We took all the pictures down, i got tired of broken glass) I've heard that other spirits tend to 'collect' if there is already a spirit in the house. I could write a book on all the strange occurrences here. BTW, I'm not the only one that's witnessed, we all have. None of us believed in ghosts until we moved here. My daughter and oldest son had friends that wouldn't come back here anymore after witnessing.

• Moderator Emeritus

Nikki,

Thanks for letting me know you liked reading. I later thought maybe I shouldn't have.

I enjoyed it too. I had a somewhat similar experience in a house that we rented for 7 years. The owner's mother loved the place and had died a couple of years before we started renting. The house was a rambler . They rented out the upstairs year round and the downstairs for the winter months. The house was on a lake and so the owners ( including the mother who loved the house) used the downstairs as a summer place.

When the downstairs was empty ( unrented) I would frequently hear drawers shut, cupbards shutting etc. I was never afraid of her. But when I would wake my husband up to listen, it would either stop or he couldn't hear it.

One time there was a young couple with a child who rented the downstairs. They would fight frequently. When they were gone, the closing/ shutting sounds were more intense and loud. I don;t think that she approved of their behavior toward each other !!!!.

So when people ask if I believe in ghosts I always say "as a matter of fact I DO!"

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Moderator Emeritus

RU, thank you for your reply. These things definitely will make a believer out of you. I'm not scared at all of Grandma although she has been a little annoying at times. She has hidden items of mine and put them back where she took them from, but days later. Just sort of inconvenient.

We've had very heavy pieces of furniture shake or vibrate for a few minutes. That blows other people's minds but doesn't bother me.

I think she may have been upset about the way the man got the house, by trading a junk car for it.

Thank you for sharing your own experience.

Fascinating to me.

I've never experienced any paranormal encounters, but know people who have. Theirs were not threatening but definitely startling.

I enjoyed the TV show Ghost Whisperer. Tezza, you remind me of the main character, Melinda. Spirits came to her with their unresolved conflicts.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Whisperer

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

While reading down thru the posts I too was thinking of Ghost Whisperer. I really liked that show.

Maybe you can communicate with them and let them know they do no have to feel threatened by you or your family. You wish them well. Try and find out why they are still trapped there.

If the house was built in 1960, there may have been another home there previously or the land itself may have some history to it.

Very interesting.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Barb,

I never experienced anything paranormal until we moved into this house. After I learned that an elderly lady had died here I assumed it must be her and wasn't afraid of her. We've never felt threatened by any of this, except the times my dog was scared. Then, I figured there must be more than one spirit here. They've never harmed us though.

Nikki,

I definitely would like to know the history of the land. I'm sure there had to be something here years before but people I've spoken to only remember when this house was built and people that lived in it. I have tried to let them know that we won't bother them or their property. It's usually pretty peaceful here.

• Moderator Emeritus

The day the flashing and dinging happened, we'd only been in the house for a week or two. I was sitting on the sofa writing a letter about how I wished I had not moved here. I was telling a friend about all the things that needed to be repaired in the house and how much I missed my other house. I even said in the letter that my other house was my friend.

I was definitely startled that day and many times since.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've never experience anything paranormal directly myself, although, a couple of years ago I bought an old piano in an auction. A friend of mine who has second sight (or whatever they call it!) told me she heard someone playing it one day, our sons girlfriend was also aware of a presence with it (she "sees" things as well), another good friend who does "readings" told me it was just someone who owned the piano and had loved it. The piano has now gone as I need the space and want to get an electric one instead, I never heard anything and it never worried me.

There is something in it and I am a believer, our friend has told us things that we know she couldn't have known in advance or known about us if you see what I mean, so even my husband who is a massive sceptic thinks there is something in it.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for sharing, Strawberry. Several people that didn't believe before have became believers after visiting my house.

I have a piano that my daddy bought for me but I also have an electric keyboard. I love piano music! I play by ear although I took some lessons as a child.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tezza I am so jealous of people who can play naturally by ear. I'm not a natural, I desperately wanted to play and as a child/teen I had lessons although started quite late, I did get to a fairly high standard, Grade VI over here. At about 16/17 I fell out with my piano teacher, totally lost interest and dropped it like a stone, then I married and we had no room for the piano. I regret not keeping it up and I want now to get back to it, I look at my old music books in disbelief that I got to such a good standard and just let it go. :(

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Moderator Emeritus

Does your house freek other people out a lot?

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, Strawberry, it does. I've had one lady tell me, "you couldn't pay me enough money to spend the night in that house". I just laugh.

It doesn't bother me. I've stayed here alone much of the time. I don't feel threatened at all.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tezza I am so jealous of people who can play naturally by ear. I'm not a natural, I desperately wanted to play and as a child/teen I had lessons although started quite late, I did get to a fairly high standard, Grade VI over here. At about 16/17 I fell out with my piano teacher, totally lost interest and dropped it like a stone, then I married and we had no room for the piano. I regret not keeping it up and I want now to get back to it, I look at my old music books in disbelief that I got to such a good standard and just let it go. :(

I don't feel I can play very well but other people say I do. I wish I could hear you play, I bet you play beautifully.

• Moderator Emeritus

No, you would NOT want to hear me play at the moment, I haven't got that electric piano yet (still saving) and I need to practise a lot when I do get it!! But the difference is I want to be FUN the next time round, not a chore like when I was 16.

Well now I'm terrified, thanks! ;)

/sleepswiththelighton

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

• Moderator Emeritus

Well now I'm terrified, thanks! ;)

/sleepswiththelighton

jr,

Lol, I've gotten used to it and don't pay it much attention anymore. Sorta like I can ignore my parrot sometimes. It's a good thing my children were never scared, we might have had to move. My oldest son did move out of that bedroom, immediately when he learned of the lady dying in there.

No one goes in that bedroom very often, it's just storage now. The strange thing is most of the inexplicable happens in other areas.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy