If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

☼ Petunia: Recovering from 13 years of antidepressant use.

• Please log in to reply
1408 replies to this topic

#1405 Pepita

Pepita

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

yea its hard for other people to understand! Luckily I have at least my mother and my bf on my side who understand that this takes a long time and that there's ups ans downs for a long time. But many close friends- who I don't blame for this of course- ask me again and again when I am in a wave: "But WHY are you having this again, poor you"! and I feel silly repeating that this is STILL withdrawal after about a year and though they don't say it I got the impression that some believe me and some think that I'm just little bit insane;)

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

#1406 Petunia

Petunia

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 4,668 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

I've run out of SA time today, no time for catching up with my own thread, but wanted to document my current windowish thing going on. It started quite suddenly, mid morning 3 days ago. First one in almost a year. I felt normal and my motivation, creativity and energy was back. So I made the most of it and created a new recipe for using the left over pulp from the juicing I do. It turned out great, tastes ok and solves 2 problems.

I don't think its a full, open window though, because I'm still feeling a bit awful for an hour or two each morning, but after that...... normal. More normal than I've felt since the middle of last year.

But, I'm still struggling with my emotions at times. Not really struggling, but feeling a bit overwhelmed by their intensity. This might actually be the real me, which has been blunted by drugs for so many years and I just need to get used to them again.

Apart from that..... yay! for windowish days :)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety)

Xanax PRN

Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes animal25.gif

Supplements which seem to help:  High doses of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic and Ginger.  Taurine, Vit D3, L-Theanine and Inositol. I'm one of the rare people who react badly to fish oil.

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

#1407 apace41

apace41

Gold star

• Moderators
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:58 AM

Petu,

I know it's not perfect, but a 90%+ window sounds really, really good and hopefully the start of your next level of true healing.

So happy for you.

Best,

Andy

Started Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg circa 2000; Sx Spring 2012. increased to .5 Clonazapam - no improvement; Started taper of K November 2012 (benzo sites said "taper benzo first"); increased Sert to100mg no improvement; Finished K microtaper in November 2014
Started Sertraline taper from 100mg in December 2014 by reducing to 75mg; Reduced to 62.5mg on January 1, 2015 and 50mg on February 1, 2015; Held at 50mg through April 5 when I got Rx for liquid Sertraline
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet on 10/5

Held through February with no noticeable change

March 2016 attempted to begin taper again but miscalculated into 1 week accidental updose to 32.5mg; dropped back to 25mg for 1 week; tapered to 22.5mg the following week; hit with symptoms and tried to stabilize between 22.5mg and 25mg.  Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy. Was dealing with horrible insomnia which had me sleeping once every other day.  Went back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016.  October 1 cut 4% to 24mg.  November 1 cut 8.3% to 22mg. December 1 cut 9% to 20mg.  Not great but functional. 2/1/17 cut 5% to 19mg.  Taking Spray-on Magnesium, Magnesium supplements, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Co-Q10, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine

#1408 Pepita

Pepita

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

yeahhhh!!! every window is so very welcome😊

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

#1409 mammaP

mammaP

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 4,079 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

I'm so glad that window has opened again Petu, and hope it stays open!  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

See how to create a signature here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many drugs for many years, prescribed diazepam first 1973, took occasionally. 3 or 4 tricyclics  for short periods.

1993 had a breakdown leading to 10 years of drug experiments with all classes of psych drugs.

2002  effexor. 

Tapered by counting beads from March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Also tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg -hold- Feb2016 46mg  March 8 2016 45 April 44mg  May 11  43mg June 14 42mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, pro biotic.

My story http://survivinganti...king-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Following every sunset is a brand new day