SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Alpha-Stim, Fisher Wallace Sota Biotuner, PoNS, & similar "brain stimulation" devices

meistersinger

Thanks Ineedsleep,

Thanks for the links. I also found an interview with Bob Beck on You Tube : Bob Beck the Brain Tuner (9parts).

I am also going to purchase one.

I think it will be helpful once you work how how best you use it. Hydration is important as well I read, together with nutritionals?

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Caro.

ps my duaghter (15 ) has ADD and son (9) ADHD so am also looking into it for them! I didn't take Effexor-xr when pregnant I quit ct but it was probably in my system and I think it may have affected them? My eldes doesn't have it and I was AD free then??

1995 Post Natal Dep - Zoloft ?dose (as well as 5mg valium and sleeping tablet) Quit after a couple of months.

1998 PND - Effexor-xr 150mg. Tried reducing but failed due to heightened anxiety. Quit cold turkey when pregnant with 3rd child.

2003 PND again on Effexor-xr 150mg. Numerous times tried to wean.

2006 75mg.

2010 Weaned off too fast as per dr recom 75mg every 2nd day etc. was Effexor-xr free for 3 months. Reinstated 75mg

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

Thanks Ineedsleep,

Thanks for the links. I also found an interview with Bob Beck on You Tube : Bob Beck the Brain Tuner (9parts).

I am also going to purchase one.

I think it will be helpful once you work how how best you use it. Hydration is important as well I read, together with nutritionals?

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks Caro.

ps my duaghter (15 ) has ADD and son (9) ADHD so am also looking into it for them! I didn't take Effexor-xr when pregnant I quit ct but it was probably in my system and I think it may have affected them? My eldes doesn't have it and I was AD free then??

Excited Caro to hear how it goes! Thanks for sharing.

I have ADD, and for me, the effects have been very calming which allows me to focus better since I am no longer on my ADD meds. Most all Antidepressants and ADD meds are anticholinergics medications. I was overdosed with anticholinergics 11 months ago and almost died. That is why I had to go off of my antidepressant also (Cymbalta) cold turkey, because it too was an anticholinergic medication and I could not wean properly. If I try to take an anticholinergic now, my body does not react well so I pray I never need one for a life threatening event. My body starts quivering and shaking still after 11 months out of my system.

So thankful to have found this device because it has helped me in so many ways. I remember the first post on this site, I was asking Altostrata, the administrator if it could possibly work after reading about it. I am so thankful that we took the plunge and ordered it. Looking forward and praying that it helps you and your family also.

Glad you did your homework and researched it too, that way you will know better what to expect and to stay hydrated and follow the good nutrition part! That is what I'm doing! Although, i kind of fell short on drinking enough fluids today. I'll do better tomorrow! Best wishes, Ineedsleep

P.S. The Linden Method has really helped me alot with my ADD, based out of the UK and endorsed by Cambridge University. I really like that program. It is primarily an anti anxiety program through behavioral modification and retraining the amygdala in the brain, neuroplasticity. I did that first, and then found the Bio Tuner which brought alot of my physical symptoms down which helped me cope even better. Especially being able to sleep, it is hard to cope when you can't sleep!!! KEEP US POSTED!!! I'm learning right along with all of you.

• Administrator

I'm taking all the literature distributed by the people selling this thing with a grain of salt, but I respect the reports from those of you who have tried it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Indeed. I've read some nonsense about how they can cure AIDS and regrow limbs, etc. But there seems to be some evidence that they can help with anxiety and insomnia.

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

• Moderator Emeritus

the last couple of days i used setting one in the morning. i have felt pretty good throughout the day and slept well at night.

last night i used setting 2 about an hour before bed and had a rubbish sleep - lots of dreams and was awake for a good while in the middle of the night.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

Peggy, I have noticed that when I use it just before bed I also have a terrible sleep. Crappy dreams, i feel hot and stir a lot. However if i use it during the day it makes me drowsy and spaced out so I've chosen just before bed. I only use it every 4 or 5 days so it's not big deal. I find if i use it more than that it brings my mood down into a depression. Now I just go by how I feel. Today I feel great and it's been 4 days since I last used it, so I will stretch it to 5 days. Trying to get 'higher' with it isn't my goal. Just being able to participate again in some things ppl take for granted is great enough for me. Like now, for the first time in a few years I am actively joining a job agency and looking for work. I never thought that would happen this year. Thanks to good diet (GAPS/Paleo) that has helped me conquer Chronic Fatigue, and now this device which has ended those terrible mood swings and lack of ability to feel positive emotions, I feel ready to do something. Not sure what yet. My memory, concentration and cognitive function isn't nearly ready enough to study so I won't be trying something new. Just something simple like maybe customer service. Getting off unemployment benefits would be a huge change in my life. It's strange but it just feels normal that I can work now. Strange because only weeks ago it seemed like a very far off distant thing that I hoped i would be able to do. This BT8 thing really helps with anxiety and confidence. You don't actually realize your anxiety level is what it is, until you don't have it. I guess when you live with it for so long it just seems that's your 'normal' state of being.

bb

Thanks Bentbudda for your recount.

Its really helpful to actually hear from ppl here who are using it as to me itsmore relevant and believable. I think also the key is its different for everyone and its a matter to "find" what works best for you?

Also diet? Gut health is also the key i believe. I have cut out sugar and cutting out gluton, additives and preservatives, avoid GMO foods at all costs. I believe hydration is also really important, pure water no floride and chemicals. I get the feel that its not just the BT8 but the other changes as well? Does that sound right?

I use Hymalean crystal salt i find that the minerals in there helps me a bit I suggest that you google and have a look.

ps I emailed the companies requesting info on how this machine could help with wd from ads of course they couldn't comment.

I hope that things keep improving for you. Thanks again Caro.

1995 Post Natal Dep - Zoloft ?dose (as well as 5mg valium and sleeping tablet) Quit after a couple of months.

1998 PND - Effexor-xr 150mg. Tried reducing but failed due to heightened anxiety. Quit cold turkey when pregnant with 3rd child.

2006 75mg.

2010 Weaned off too fast as per dr recom 75mg every 2nd day etc. was Effexor-xr free for 3 months. Reinstated 75mg

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

yesterday i used setting 1 for 20 mins in the morning. I had a really bad headache all day - i woke with it, so the BT didn't help it to go away.

I slept much better last night, not using it in the evening - but i was really tired after having such a rubbish sleep the night before

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

I'm taking all the literature distributed by the people selling this thing with a grain of salt, but I respect the reports from those of you who have tried it.

Thank you Altostrata. Yes, kind of going out on a limb to share since this thing remains controversial. It has helped me, but it is still one day at a time. I am right about where Bentbuddha is, feeling much the same way, getting out more but will not take on too much too soon or it could be detrimental. But there have definitely been more positives, and continuing to heal more daily. Still sleeping!

Peggy

The last 3 settings are the same frequency as the first 3, but just more gentle. If it gives you a headache you may have more luck with the last 3 settings. I used setting 1 once and it gave me a 24hr head ache. Was just too strong. I've used the last 3 settings since.

bb

• Moderator Emeritus

BB, I don't think the headache came from the BT, I had a bad sleep - tossed and turned most of the night but fell into a deep sleep about 4:30 and was jolted awake by the alarm at 6:15 - a recipe for disaster as far as headaches go!

I felt really good all day today though and had a much better sleep last night

the last couple of days i used setting one in the morning. i have felt pretty good throughout the day and slept well at night.

last night i used setting 2 about an hour before bed and had a rubbish sleep - lots of dreams and was awake for a good while in the middle of the night.

Hi Peggy, Same thing happened to me. So I usually use it in the morning or midday and avoid the evening use! Hang in there!

Thanks Bentbudda for your recount.

Its really helpful to actually hear from ppl here who are using it as to me itsmore relevant and believable. I think also the key is its different for everyone and its a matter to "find" what works best for you?

Also diet? Gut health is also the key i believe. I have cut out sugar and cutting out gluton, additives and preservatives, avoid GMO foods at all costs. I believe hydration is also really important, pure water no floride and chemicals. I get the feel that its not just the BT8 but the other changes as well? Does that sound right?

I use Hymalean crystal salt i find that the minerals in there helps me a bit I suggest that you google and have a look.

ps I emailed the companies requesting info on how this machine could help with wd from ads of course they couldn't comment.

I hope that things keep improving for you. Thanks again Caro.

Hi Caro, great to see your input on this.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi everyone

I got my brain machine the other day. Have had two 20 minute sessions. Haven't really noticed any changes but will keep going for a while. I have to do it at night as I don't have time in the morning

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi everyone

I got my brain machine the other day. Have had two 20 minute sessions. Haven't really noticed any changes but will keep going for a while. I have to do it at night as I don't have time in the morning

Hope it helps Dalsaan! Let us know how it goes.

I did a 20min session a couple of nights ago and spent the last two days alternating between feeling irritable and depressed. The results in my experience of the BioTuner aren't as predictable as I'd like. Most times it can really lift mood but I can't count on it doing it every time and can't seem to work out any pattern that points to why it sometimes gives the opposite effect. I've tried all modes and non of them have been predictable. At first it was interesting being depressed after so long not being able to feel such things, but the novelty of that wore off quickly because depression really sucks lol.

Just my experience. Still experimenting and searching for the right routine for me. Most of the time this thing has been great but definitely not a silver bullet for my situation. I'll continue using it as it gives me many more good days than bad.

I did a 20min session a couple of nights ago and spent the last two days alternating between feeling irritable and depressed. The results in my experience of the BioTuner aren't as predictable as I'd like. Most times it can really lift mood but I can't count on it doing it every time and can't seem to work out any pattern that points to why it sometimes gives the opposite effect. I've tried all modes and non of them have been predictable. At first it was interesting being depressed after so long not being able to feel such things, but the novelty of that wore off quickly because depression really sucks lol.

Just my experience. Still experimenting and searching for the right routine for me. Most of the time this thing has been great but definitely not a silver bullet for my situation. I'll continue using it as it gives me many more good days than bad.

Thank you Bentbuddah, I do know exactly what you are saying. I'm with you. I had the same thing happen, I went about a week without it, then had a couple of bad days while using it, very tearful days, but I'm feeling so much better today. I am convinced though that tears help us heal with everything we've been through. I mean, I spent 12 years not feeling too much at all, or having any tears. Today, Its been a long productive day! Yay! Wish there were some kind of manual for a given condition and how often, etc. . . but through trial and error I am too trying to find that balance. I was doing good weaning and then some MAJOR stressful events occurred and it set me back, but no where near where I was before I started. So I too will continue on, and hopefully as I grow stronger, heal and find better coping skills I will need it less and less. But thankful still very thankful to find it.

Coping skills . . . that seems to be my biggest challenge these days. I seemed to become weaker the longer I used antidepressants, I remember being so strong prior to using them. Being able to handle just about anything even though it was tough at times, I seemed to have a handle on dealing with just about anything. Then the meds came along after my injury, and I went numb.

Now I am trying to regain that strength that I once had through staying positive, how I see things, how I process stress . . . trying to find coping skills without meds. Trying to come back from the darkness. But it is coming.

Today a very old thought came back to me, and its been a long time since I thought this way . . . what if this negative thing that has happened to cause me all of this stress this week, could actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Well, after 3 long days of groveling for some form of coping regarding the recent stressful event, and pile up of more stressful events - it all came clear today and things turned around.

I don't know if I'm making sense, but by realizing that I needed to accept some of this stuff going on, trying to take a different approach to how I was viewing it, being proactive, I started to realize that maybe something good might come out of it. This was one of the first positive thoughts I've had in a long time, YEARS! and some good did come from it. I accomplished alot today, and I had a great attitude, laughing much of the day! WOW!

Of course, I'm sure that I'll be back dealing with another crisis soon, but it is slowly getting easier. Thankful to have the bio tuner though, it does seem to come through and those negative depressive thoughts do start to lift, maybe not immediately, but usually within a short time frame. Just the lift is helping me to get over a hump that I couldn't seem to do on my own. It definitely is trial and error, but no question it has helped me to start getting slowly back to being happy and healthy again :D

Thankful to not be sitting and staring at the wall, avoiding everything because of how it irritated my nervous system and overloaded my ability to stay above water. Could only watch the waltons on tv, or happy shows, and even then, I couldn't handle some of it. Wouldn't leave the house, literally counted the seconds and minutes of the day just to get through it, and dreaded with horror the night in which I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep. Panic attacks, anxiety, nausea, from the lack of sleep and inability to cope and physical ailments made for a very sad last year. So thankful that life has turned around. So thankful.

It also helps to have loved ones to talk to, people who know you, love you and want to see you get well. <3

Much love, Prayers and peace to all of you out there also on this long journey.

Thanks Inneedofsleep

Today I've been fine. Like the last two days didn't even exist. Weird.

I don't know how much credibility ppl give to this, but I factor solar flares into the whole equation these days too. Many times I've had a sh*tty couple of days and then I learn that we'd just been hit 2days ago with a solar flare. Not to detract from the Biotuner causing a couple days depression sometimes, because it definitely can and does do that. But I have noticed a suspicious pattern with ppl having really sh*tty days on the exact days we get hit with solar flares. I can tell by all the Facebook updates that suddenly have many posts of ppl putting up negative things and venting about their lives or relationship dramas.

Last time I used the Biotuner I used it for 2 days in a row. I'd forgotten to factor that in. Sometimes I put it on while watching tv and can't remember if I used it or not. Short term memory probs is one of my WD symptoms. 4 day breaks was working for me before with only really half a day feeling not so great afterwards then the rest feeling good - so I'll stick to that.

I haven't had to deal with any big crisis that it sounds like you're going through, for ages, so - touch wood - I won't have to deal with one until hopefully one day when I'm fully healed. A good diet and the Biotuner are the two things that have helped the most but so far it hasn't been a cure. Vastly improved my energy, and lifted my mood, but cognitive issues are still a problem. Memory, concentration and headaches after too much stimulation, have only minor improvements.

Thanks Inneedofsleep

Today I've been fine. Like the last two days didn't even exist. Weird.

I don't know how much credibility ppl give to this, but I factor solar flares into the whole equation these days too. Many times I've had a sh*tty couple of days and then I learn that we'd just been hit 2days ago with a solar flare. Not to detract from the Biotuner causing a couple days depression sometimes, because it definitely can and does do that. But I have noticed a suspicious pattern with ppl having really sh*tty days on the exact days we get hit with solar flares. I can tell by all the Facebook updates that suddenly have many posts of ppl putting up negative things and venting about their lives or relationship dramas.

Last time I used the Biotuner I used it for 2 days in a row. I'd forgotten to factor that in. Sometimes I put it on while watching tv and can't remember if I used it or not. Short term memory probs is one of my WD symptoms. 4 day breaks was working for me before with only really half a day feeling not so great afterwards then the rest feeling good - so I'll stick to that.

I haven't had to deal with any big crisis that it sounds like you're going through, for ages, so - touch wood - I won't have to deal with one until hopefully one day when I'm fully healed. A good diet and the Biotuner are the two things that have helped the most but so far it hasn't been a cure. Vastly improved my energy, and lifted my mood, but cognitive issues are still a problem. Memory, concentration and headaches after too much stimulation, have only minor improvements.

Interesting observations Bentbuddha with the solar flares!

I sure hope those Short term memory problems begin to resolve for you sooner than later.

I am so with you on both the tuner and nutrition together for better results, I am finding the same to be true.

Hope your days only get brighter Bentbuddha, doesn't sound fun much of what you have had to experience either. I always appreciate reading your posts. Thank you.

Hi Ineedsleep,

Am still waiting to get mine, have not purchased it yet.

Bentbudda's comments on Solar flares is interesting as my chemist gave me some info regarding this. I'm with you my brain just doesn't work properly. I do wake

My kids just had assessment required for school to assist with learning difficulties. She is pro dex and ritalin. I have told her numerous time. No thanks.

My son's behaviour has improved by removing gluton!!! Amazing!! We also use hymalean sea salt for minerals with LOTS of water (pure), no additives or preservativs, no GMO, No fluride.

I believe that our western diet is a disaster for our bodies, I believe we are vitamin and mineral deficient as well as dehydrated. I believe immunisations, and chemicals all play a part. Solar flares i wouldn't be surprised.

I do think that its a lot of little things that will help. Especially community. Thats what I love about SA the community here is what helps us heal. There is no magic bullet.

thanks for sharing and all your imput. Caro.

2006 75mg.

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I haven't been going great with this. I don't know if that's because I have just dropped down in dose. I have had brain zaps for the first time ever and my sleep is back to being patchy.

As I say I don't know whether the turn for the worse is because I have dropped below 9 ml. I seem to have real trouble at this point or whether I am having an adverse effect for the bio tuner. I am going to stop using it for a week and see how I go.

I've realised through all of this that I am an eternal optimist. Whenever I have a good patch I think yes I've cracked it and then I try other things to improve on that even more, these may or may not work and then I have a bad spell and think back to the drawing board. But I am ever hopeful. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. : )

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi Dalsaan,

Sorry to hear your not going great. The drop may be the reason??? I know when I drop I feel it but atm i am on 60mg so I imagine when I get lower that the potential is there for more difficult wd symptoms.

I know that hopeful feeling of yes peace at last but then life gets in the way. Am thinking of moving to a more rural area get away from suburbia. I am always searching for that ellusive "something" or "reason" that will help me.

Hows your anxiety and sleeping going?? How long did you you stay on 10mg??

Caro.

2006 75mg.

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

Hi Ineedsleep,

Am still waiting to get mine, have not purchased it yet.

Bentbudda's comments on Solar flares is interesting as my chemist gave me some info regarding this. I'm with you my brain just doesn't work properly. I do wake

My kids just had assessment required for school to assist with learning difficulties. She is pro dex and ritalin. I have told her numerous time. No thanks.

My son's behaviour has improved by removing gluton!!! Amazing!! We also use hymalean sea salt for minerals with LOTS of water (pure), no additives or preservativs, no GMO, No fluride.

I believe that our western diet is a disaster for our bodies, I believe we are vitamin and mineral deficient as well as dehydrated. I believe immunisations, and chemicals all play a part. Solar flares i wouldn't be surprised.

I do think that its a lot of little things that will help. Especially community. Thats what I love about SA the community here is what helps us heal. There is no magic bullet.

thanks for sharing and all your imput. Caro.

Thanks Caro, yes very interesting on the solar flares. What information did your chemist give you? I am very interested.

I understand your apprehension on meds for add, I learned to adapt to life without the drugs. Never took an ADD med until I was 50 years old? My coping skills are better now being off of them, although I still have bouts with triggers and I have learned to recognize what I am doing and tell myself to focus and then I'm good. It takes practice. Granted there are all varying degrees of ADD/ADHD so some are much more effected than others. But I think there are behavioral things that can be done, and diet, etc. to avoid drugs. I did it that way most of my life. I'm with you!

I'm going to check out the sea salt! Awesome that he has had an improvement with removing gluten! Our bodies are so broken down with what is in our food these days, we've got to get back to eating better food, less preservatives, chemicals, immunizations etc as you say as a whole to overcome some of these illnesses that are creeping up on people (i.e., Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders, etc. )

Thankful to be learning from all of you also! Yes, if we can do alot of the little things we can rebuild ourselves back to healthy, it might be slow but it took a long time to get to where we are, it is going to take some time to heal. Thank you Caro!

I haven't been going great with this. I don't know if that's because I have just dropped down in dose. I have had brain zaps for the first time ever and my sleep is back to being patchy.

As I say I don't know whether the turn for the worse is because I have dropped below 9 ml. I seem to have real trouble at this point or whether I am having an adverse effect for the bio tuner. I am going to stop using it for a week and see how I go.

I've realised through all of this that I am an eternal optimist. Whenever I have a good patch I think yes I've cracked it and then I try other things to improve on that even more, these may or may not work and then I have a bad spell and think back to the drawing board. But I am ever hopeful. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. : )

Hi Dalsaan, I am so sorry to hear that things are not going well. What are brain zaps? I don't know what your stress level has been, but I know that on days when I am anxious about stress, health, pain . . . I sleep fewer hours too. I found only for myself, because this is all a big experiment in what works best for each individual, but that I find that if I use the device more, I am better faster and sleeping with less anxiety. That is just me? Bentbuddha found that less helped him more.

Hopefully this drop will level out quickly and you won't have too many withdrawal symptoms. This is interesting that you are using the device while still taking the meds so keep working at it to find what is right for you. Of course this goes without saying, but if you have any major side effects that you think could be from the biotuner, I'd stop! But if they are related to the withdrawal symptoms and not the biotuner, it could help to continue using it. Only you will know by how it makes you feel.

Hang in there and stay positive Dalsaan, have you started a journal so that when you use the biotuner, you will also know what was going on that day, were you hydrated, drinking enough fluids (THAT IS SUPER IMPORTANT) wonder if that could be causing what you are feeling? Also, nutrition, are you eating well also? All of these things go together I have found to have the best positive effects while using the Bio Tuner. Just trying to help you work this through. I just went through a bad spell too, but its important we look back on how far we've come and expect that as our nerves and bodies heal that we are going to hit some rough patches. Just awesome to have some tools to use to keep helping us move forward. I've learned to not look at one or two days as an indication as to how this is helping me. I have to look back over the week or longer to really get a perspective on the improvements, especially if I have hit a rough patch.

Yes, being hopeful, optimistic is important to our healing too! Don't give up, hang in there Dalsaan. We're in this with you. Keep us posted. Sending you healing thoughts and a hug.

My favorite quote of the day . . . This too shall pass! Be strong, courageous and don't give up. Don't dwell on the negatives, the worst case scenario might not be our destiny. That can send anyone into a spiral that can last for days, months, etc, when we think the worst. Believe the best, take care of yourself, eat good, eat more green, drink lots of water and stay clear of anything that is going to make you more toxic (for me that is more drugs or meds, preservatives, alcohol, acidic food, corn, sodas, and certain people). Forcing yourself to smile releases endorphins that can heal and uplift you. Laugh more, even if you have to make yourself do it! Blessings <3

• Moderator Emeritus

I do think it's probably a combination of things that have derailed me at the moment. I would say that being hyper-sensitive means we are really vulnerable to setbacks when a couple of things happen at the same time and overwhelm our bodies coping mechanisms.

When that happens I try and simplify what I am doing, be gentle on myself and try and wait it out for a turn in the right direction.

When I have stabilized I will return to the bio tuner. Thanks to everyone for warm thoughts and support. Most appreciated

Dalsaan

I think it's important to make one change at a time. I've made that mistake a few times now. I've found in my situation the BioTuner has to be used sparingly. It can be a great help and it can also be the opposite. If i use it too much, i can revert back to headaches and high agitation.

Also, which mode is used makes a difference for me also. I've come to realize that mode 4 (or 1, they're the same) has a better effect on my mood the following days. This mode is meant to be for depression. The other modes have been said to be good for anxiety. I guess because they can be a bit sedating. For me, the other modes sedate me right into depression lol. Especially mode 2 and 5. I'm sticking to mode 4, used every 3 or 4 days.

I"ve never had brain zaps. I only took Lexapro for a month. They don't sound like fun. Hope you feel better soon

bb

I do think it's probably a combination of things that have derailed me at the moment. I would say that being hyper-sensitive means we are really vulnerable to setbacks when a couple of things happen at the same time and overwhelm our bodies coping mechanisms.

When that happens I try and simplify what I am doing, be gentle on myself and try and wait it out for a turn in the right direction.

When I have stabilized I will return to the bio tuner. Thanks to everyone for warm thoughts and support. Most appreciated

Dalsaan

Rooting for you Dalsaan!

Hi Dalsaan,

Being kind to yourself is the best but for me the hardest thing to do. I hope things improve for you. This too will pass. Take care. Caro

2006 75mg.

1/6/12 = 72 mg

2/7/12 = 69 mg

16/7/12 = 67.5 mg

1/8/12 = 60 mg

19/8;12 = 52.5 mg

4/9/12 = 45mg

2/10/12 = 37.5 mg

Hi all

I've been going well. Sticking with mode 4 (or 1 they're the same). In my experience this is the mode that is the mood lifter.

I debated whether or not to mention this but decided I would: On the weekend I did a couple of days work for a friend and after work I bought a couple of cans of Jim Beam and coke. I was curious to see how I went and I planned on calling it a night after that. Well, I don't know what happened but 2 cans turned into many. I got VERY drunk. Went out night clubbing and dancing and had a great time. Unfortunately after such a long period without alcohol i can't handle it like i once could and got too drunk. After dancing with what I hope was women in a gothic vampire looking night club (no idea how we ended up there) i retired to a tree out the front where i sat down and vomitted everywhere - including on myself. Lucky my friends looked after me and got me home. Sunday i felt like i was dying i was so dehydrated and sick. I waited a few days to write this because I wanted to see how things went with my brain. Surprisingly, I had no headaches, no anxiety, no repercussions what so ever. Even before I took anti depressants i would get major anxiety or depression for 3-4 days after drinking. I didn't even get a hint of it. Just a continuous good mood. My body however was another story. I felt very sick because my diet has been so pure for about a year now and it just rattled me big time. I felt so poisoned and took a few days to get my appetite back properly.

I would never encourage anyone to do this and I don't plan on doing it again. Just sharing an interesting experience. I don't know if it was the BioTuner or the 12months of supplementing with fish oil, but something stopped me getting anxiety attacks after drinking. Maybe it was a bit of both. 4days after drinking and everything up stairs has been fine. Not even a headache. My mood is up and i have a lot of energy. I think mode 1 and 4 is definitely the best for mood and energy

bb

Oh my! Bentbuddha, glad you are ok. I am still so sensitive to toxic stuff so I have to be so careful. Glad your outcome mentally is still well, sorry you had to go through all of the physical stuff. Paying the piper is not fun. Laughter at Altostrata's comment!

I've been using the Biotuner for pain lately, I'm falling apart physically from my neck injury from years ago. New disc bulge in the neck between the old fusion and laminectomy, along with bulging discs in my lower back at L4-S1. The biotuner has helped with pain, and has been very relaxing but I have developed a little rash on my ear lobes. I think the gel that I have been using is not good for conduction, too thick. I had some old samples from way back in my hospital days that was just a water based gel which worked great, it is hard to find that over the counter. The new stuff had other ingredients added to it and I think it is reacting. So I am letting my little rash heal before I use it again, and then find a new gel.

Having some days of darkness and depression, but my stress and anxiety from pain has been over the moon. My hair is falling out. :( But I have to say that when I do use the biotuner, within about an hour my mood starts to lift and I am not thinking about the discomfort so much, or feel so dark which decreases many negative thoughts. So I am still feeling positive about using it. Increased it to 40 minutes for 2 days just to get through some major pain. Wwish this darn nerve pain would go away, ouch. I see a neurosurgeon tomorrow to hear his thoughts but if I can do it any other way without more surgery, I will. To me, more surgery means more meds, more meds, and more meds, which means more toxicity and feeling like crap with what we've been dealt.

All I take these days is Synthroid, low dose estrogen and now starting to take Ibuprofen for inflammation relief. Took 1/2 (3.5 mg) Lortab/Hydrocodone a few days ago and it messed up my sleep that night, Woke up every 2 hours. Flushed my system and did the biotuner and slept 2 hours, 4 hours and then 3 hours again in one night. So it is helping.

Thanks for sharing Bentbuddha, your adventures are something! But I understand how it happened, you get to having some fun for a change and before you know it, your under a tree! I've been doing the same thing by eating healthy and better foods and it sounds like you shocked your system out a bit. I don't think I would come out as well as you did. So glad you had no major repercussions, ie headache, depression . . .

• 1 month later...

Ok so it's been a couple of months since my last update. Things have been better for me and this will be my last update on my thoughts about this device.

I'd have to say that if the SSRI injury took away 90% of the quality of my life, the BioTuner gave back about 50%. I still have an injury with problems like concentration and memory, but they have lessened to a level where I feel like i can function in life. The greatest improvement has been my general overall mood lift. My biggest problem with this SSRI injury was agitation and inability to feel positive emotions. This device has helped greatly there. So much so that I've pretty much just gotten back into life and not so much on the sidelines and I feel a subtle level of confidence as well I've noticed in social situations. And also I noticed I haven't been into this forum in a couple of months because I've just been busy living my life and thinking of other things besides my brain injury. I've even reintroduced alcohol back into my life in moderation as I'm not so scared of dipping into another 'wave' anymore. For my physiology, I find caffeine to be more of a set back.

So I feel the Biotuner is a very wise investment for ppl with SSRI injuries. I can't speak for ppl going through the first stages of withdrawal as I have no experience using it in that situation. But if you're stuck in that nightmare situation of ssri injury and emotionally can't deal with life, this little machine could really help. You just have to experiment with it to find out what works for you. Don't give up at the first sign of it giving a negative response. Change the mode you use, the time of day you use it, or use it less frequently. I use mine every 4 days, after 10pm, and alternate between mode 4 and mode 6. I find if I use it during the day it gives me a foggy feeling all day. If I use it at night after 10pm, it's slightly stimulating. Maybe something to do with serotonin and melotonin sleep cycles. I forget what the exact terminology for it's called. Cardian cycles? Eh, can't remember.

Good luck to anyone who decides to give it a go

bb

Arg... wish it wasn't so expensive, I'm curious to try it. I bought some binaural audio files for my iPod that I think might be a similar approach. They are supposed to stimulate alpha and delta brainwave activity. I used them last year during a period where I had great improvement, but I don't know if they had any effect since I was doing so many other things: SCD/GAPS, massage, acupuncture, epsom salt baths, Seriphos...

Makes me laugh to think everything I've tried. Even if this works as a placebo effect it seems worth trying. I wish I had more money. I'm perfect pray for all those alternative therapies right now, ha ha...

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Oops, meant "prey"...

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy