Inositol

Lilu

I tried it recently (specifically for trying to overcome obsessive thoughts) and had to abandon it.

I found it to be sedating in a sense -- although more in a zoned out, disconnected manner that became unpleasant.

Your experience may vary, of course. I haven't tried it, but there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for magnesium as a supplement to aid with insomnia. My son uses melatonin and believes it provides help.

Good luck.

Inositol is very affective for obsessive/compulsive tandencies. I've tried it and saw a difference

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
2009-3/2013: Switched to Pristiq 50 mg then 100 mg
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
8/2013-8/2014: Tapering Lexapro (Lots of withdrawal symptoms)
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

• 6 months later...

I tried it recently (specifically for trying to overcome obsessive thoughts) and had to abandon it.

I found it to be sedating in a sense -- although more in a zoned out, disconnected manner that became unpleasant.

Your experience may vary, of course. I haven't tried it, but there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for magnesium as a supplement to aid with insomnia. My son uses melatonin and believes it provides help.

Good luck.

Inositol is very affective for obsessive/compulsive tandencies. I've tried it and saw a difference

Well, I took inositol one night a few nights ago to help with sleep. It didn't help that much but due to human error:), I can't really say whether it was effective or not. It did seem to improve my mood and energy in spite of not sleeping that well.

So the next night, I took it to get back to sleep and it worked moderately well. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the mood and energy boost as much which could have been due to a million other reasons. But I get paranoid when reading how much difficulty serotonin based supplements can cause so of course, I easily blame it when perhaps I am being unfair.

I may try it again in a few days just to see if I have a similar experience.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

On 4/30/2013 at 10:25 PM, 'compsports' said:
On 10/2/2012 at 11:08 AM, 'Lilu' said:

On 8/7/2012 at 7:56 PM, 'inmediares' said:

Good luck.

Well, I took inositol one night a few nights ago to help with sleep. It didn't help that much but due to human error:), I can't really say whether it was effective or not. It did seem to improve my mood and energy in spite of not sleeping that well.

So the next night, I took it to get back to sleep and it worked moderately well. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the mood and energy boost as much which could have been due to a million other reasons. But I get paranoid when reading how much difficulty serotonin based supplements can cause so of course, I easily blame it when perhaps I am being unfair.

I may try it again in a few days just to see if I have a similar experience.

CS

Just don't take it long term. I took it for three years and it messed me up in many ways including

sexual dysfunction!

Edited by ChessieCat
reworded obscenity

• 4 months later...

Yesterday, I decided to take Inosoitol in the morning in the hope that a serotonin based supplement would quell  my food cravings and make it easier to stay awake during the day. Well, it didn't really do that but interestingly, the urges to fall asleep after eating no matter what I ate disappeared.  I felt like a normal human being after eating instead of a drugged person.

After I ate dinner, while I was definitely tired and struggled to stay awake until my 9pm bedtime, I didn't feel the uncontrollable urge to lay down to get immediate relief from normally would feel like a drugged state.

Unfortunately, I didn't get better sleep due to unintentionally taking the mask off which which resulted in horrible apnea filled sleep. But that is another post.

Since I am concerned about long term affects (yes, I worry even that supplements have them), I am skipping it today to see if I can get away with not taking it. But I find it interesting it can have this effect on the metabolism of food.

CS

Good news, CS!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Unfortunately, due to feeling like cr-p due to lack of sleep, I am not seeing it as good news. :) But you're right to point out that it is.

CS

Well, I didn't take it yesterday and had the same problem in needing to lie down after dinner to get relief from a feeling of being drugged after eating. So Inositol will now become a daily supplement unless I develop side effects.

CS

• Administrator

Very interesting. I wonder what the inositol is doing. Blood sugar regulation?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Very interesting. I wonder what the inositol is doing. Blood sugar regulation?

Hi Alto,

That is what I suspect and there seems to be some anectodal evidence that it does help with that.  But of course, there is nothing definite.

Yesterday, I had a weird experience.  I struggled greatly in staying awake after dinner.  However, I didn't feel so comatose that I had to lay down and was able to stand up against a wall which is one of my coping mechanisms. But strangely, I fell asleep momentarily while listening to a podcast and it seemed to affect my ability to get to sleep later than night.  I finally did by eating celery but lasted only only a brief time on the pap machine which once again has caused me to feel like cr-p.

Sigh!

CS

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi CS,

My heart goes out to you, you've been struggling with this so long, now. Losing sleep does make one feel like cr@p.

I hope you get some relief very soon!

{{{HUGS}}}

Thanks Tezza, I will really appreciate your support. Yes, it is very frustrating but all I can do is keep moving foward and trying to apply what I learned from the previous day.

CS

Skipped the Inositol yesterday as i didn't think it was helping that much and had my worst night of sleep. Do serotonin based supplements cause withdrawal symptoms?

CS

• Administrator

It might not have been withdrawal, maybe the inositol was helping in a way you couldn't distinctly feel. Here's some explanation about how inositol supplements may affect someone: http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com/2011/05/inositol-nervous-systems-pony-express.html

Inositol does not sound like a serotonergic per se. Rather, it's a precursor of niacin. http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/scdocs/doc/ans_ej949_Inositol_hexanicotinate_op_en_REV.pdf http://accidentalscientist.com/2009/06/niacin-adventures-part-1-natures-prozac.html

You might find a small amount of niacin to be helpful http://www.livestrong.com/article/506689-taking-vitamin-b3-to-help-with-sleep/ http://www.livestrong.com/article/486923-niacinamide-insomnia/

Unless you were taking inositol around the clock, I would not expect withdrawal symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

It might not have been withdrawal, maybe the inositol was helping in a way you couldn't distinctly feel.Here's some explanation about how inositol supplements may affect someone:http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com/2011/05/inositol-nervous-systems-pony-express.htmlInositol does not sound like a serotonergic per se. Rather, it's a precursor of niacin. http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/scdocs/doc/ans_ej949_Inositol_hexanicotinate_op_en_REV.pdfhttp://accidentalscientist.com/2009/06/niacin-adventures-part-1-natures-prozac.htmlYou might find a small amount of niacin to be helpful http://www.livestrong.com/article/506689-taking-vitamin-b3-to-help-with-sleep/http://www.livestrong.com/article/486923-niacinamide-insomnia/Unless you were taking inositol around the clock, I would not expect withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks Alto, those are very helpful links.

I don't know what I am going to do at this point.  I fear chasing the "perfect" sleep supplement will turn out to be the same type of game as chase the "perfect" med. But not sleeping stinks so I need to think about this.

CS

It looks like what I was experiencing was rebound insomnia.  Last night, I had my "normal" crappy sleep mostly off of the machine.   That is why I am so leery of taking anything but I have to make some decision.

CS

• Administrator

Rebound from inositol?

Rebound from inositol?

That is what I think.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone... I'm now three years off ADs and as some of you know, doing much, much better. Recently my sleep has really, really improved, almost to the point of being normal. I can sleep 8 or 9 hours on most nights!

I thought this was due to recovery, but I just realized that there is a correlation between my good sleep nights and taking inositol powder. Last night I forgot to take it, and sure enough, I woke up pre-dawn like I used to. I have had a lingering suspicion the inositol was having a positive effect...

Last month I didn't take it for two weeks because I ran out and I had bad sleep again. I thought it might be due to other factors, so I was analyzing my notes today and there is a clear pattern here! Just about the only clear pattern I've ever seen with taking supplements.

So I looked it up on the internet, and, sure enough, people report it helping with insomnia. So, I thought I'd mention this in case it could help anyone else. I take 1tsp of the Jarrow's formula powder at night. I started with a 1/4 tsp. and looking at my notes, if anything, it made things worse at first. I saw on a forum that people have to experiment to get the right dose. I guess 1tsp. is it for me! And I am really impressed that I haven't gotten a paradoxical reaction, like I did with everything else I tried! Maybe it made a difference that I wasn't taking it with any expectations of it helping my sleep??

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Oops... just realized I forgot to mention that I have been taking inositol to help with fertility issues. That is what I meant about not having any expectations about it helping with sleep. I have been using it in hopes of lowering my testosterone.

Now I'm reading all sorts of things about it helping with anxiety and insomnia and calming mental chatter. Maybe a lot of my improvement has to do with the inositol! I made sure to take it last night and, presto... another 8 hours of solid sleep.

I was hoping I was sleeping better on my own, but it still is comforting to know there is something so innocuous I can take that will fix my sleep.

One thing... at first taking a full tsp. would make me slightly nauseous. That lasted for like three days. I saw a post on here about someone thinking inositol was helping them NOT fall asleep after meals. I want to do more research on this stuff! But maybe I'll just let it be and enjoy the benefits without trying to analyze it. I wonder if this would have helped me in the earlier stages of withdrawal.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Very happy for you Nadia; you are living proof that w/d ends eventually.

Sending good vibes so your family gets bigger soon.....

Hugs, A.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Thanks, Alex!

Does it affect testosterone much? I.e. would it be sensible to take it long-term for males?

According to its effects, it could be beneficial for people in withdrawal and such.

Feb2012-Nov2012 - flupentixol 1mg

Nov2012-Jun2013 - amisulpride 50mg for 1mo, seroquel 300mg for 1mo, olanzapine 10mg for 4mo

Jun 2013: CT olanzapine

Jul 2013 - Oct 2013: mirtazapine 30mg

Nov 2013: 4 week taper down to 0.1mg

Nov 2013 - Feb 2014 - 0.1mg

Feb 2014: updosed to 1mg 

March 2014 - now: updosed to 5mg and holding

25 years old

• 1 month later...

Not sure where my mind was when I thought inositol could be beneficial for people in withdrawal. Probably for people with psychiatric conditions, but not for those in early withdrawal and disregulated GABA system.

I took inositol mainly with purpose of treating my OCD, and after the first dose it even seemed to work on that, but after a second dose I had a very bad reaction. It seemed to affect serotonin and GABA systems. It disrupted my sleep, appetite, for next several days I had spells of extreme depression, hysteria and inner shaking.

Thankfully it didn't send me too far back in the recovery process.

Be careful, everyone.

Feb2012-Nov2012 - flupentixol 1mg

Nov2012-Jun2013 - amisulpride 50mg for 1mo, seroquel 300mg for 1mo, olanzapine 10mg for 4mo

Jun 2013: CT olanzapine

Jul 2013 - Oct 2013: mirtazapine 30mg

Nov 2013: 4 week taper down to 0.1mg

Nov 2013 - Feb 2014 - 0.1mg

Feb 2014: updosed to 1mg 

March 2014 - now: updosed to 5mg and holding

25 years old

• 1 month later...

Personally, I'm still getting benefits from the inositol, as long as I don't take it too many days in a row (in which case it stops having an effect on my sleep). I had a relapse lately and have been taking it when I wake up with panic pre-dawn. It calms me down enough to be able to go back to sleep.

• 7 months later...

Oops... just realized I forgot to mention that I have been taking inositol to help with fertility issues. 

Did it help with your fertility issues?

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi
I am back on Ad's but still experiencing issues with sleep. So I have been looking on this forum for self help with withdrawal effects.

Anyone have experience of their sleep returning to normal (what ever that is ) after going back on Ad's ?

I have ordered some magnesium spray as I don't really want to take any supplements yet other than omega.

I was also wondering about Swanson 100% Pure Inositol Powder (227g).

Any experience or advice welcome.

Thankyou

Dec 2005 prozac following period of bullying by collegue 2006 changed to Citalapram 20- increased to 40mg

April 2014 decision to come off A.D. Gp appointment swapped to seralatine (lustral)50 as a means of getting off A.D .

raised to 100. 14.7.14 5 weeks taper on doctors recommendation.28th July finished reduction. 4.8.14- 9.9.14 severe withdrawal effects. 13.10.14 reinstatement of 20mg Prozac.dec 2014 started gradual taper 10% every 3 weeks. 14.9.15 1.6 ml currently. Some minor withdrawal effects but holding firm. 10% reduction every 3 weeks. Reached .8 experienced withdrawal symptoms held for longer . 7.4.16 currently on .7ml Prozac. More difficult the lower you go. 25.7.16 holding at .57 ml for a while as period of stress and withdrawal.

2.9.16 Hip operation prescribed codeine and paracetamol for the pain. Stopped after three weeks for fear of addiction. following period of instability and withdrawal symptoms updosed to 1. Ml 28.10.16.

Hi

I am back on Ad's but still experiencing issues with sleep. So I have been looking on this forum for self help with withdrawal effects.

Anyone have experience of their sleep returning to normal (what ever that is ) after going back on Ad's ?

I have ordered some magnesium spray as I don't really want to take any supplements yet other than omega.

Thankyou

The symptoms you were having is classic withdrawal. I cannot believe a doctor started you out on 100 mgs of Sertraline (Zoloft in US). That is way too high.  Most of the time a tiny dose is all that is needed to curb withdrwal symptoms. 5mg of Lexapro (escitalopram) or 10 mg of Prozac would have been enough.  Zoloft is know to cause headaches and nausea in a lot of people.  That said, I think you insomnia is still present due to withdrawal. It could be the Prozac as well too.  A lot of antidepressants will initially cause insomnia.  You just need to let your body stabilize.   For me, Lexapro was the most sleep-friendly medicine, but we all react differently.

Hi,

Would you be kind enough to tell me what type/ brand of Inositol you'd recommend?

Thank you.

Current Meds:

Klonopin 1.9 mg (anxiety /insomnia) 10 years, began taper then stopped. Currently forced to drop to 1.5 mg.

Remeron 7.5 mg (insomnia, nausea, GI issues) stopped taper

Propylthiouracil 25 mg (for Graves')

Past Meds:

Lexapro 10 mg, CT 1.5 years ago without researching. Taken for 9 years.

Trazadone 300 mg (insomnia), lowered BP, suffered vasovagal syncope, a fall required surgery for dental trauma.

Propranolol, 10 mg, during hospitalization for hyperthyroidism, 3.5 weeks, then switched to Cartia for 3 weeks. Dr C/T both.

I don't know if Nadia is active here now. I use NOW brand inositol, from Amazon, as it is cheaper than capsules. It helps me, but isn't magical.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Hi

Thankyou

I use that Swanson inositol powder, I thought it's good quality product and price.

-On SSRI since April 2006.
-December 2007: SSRI discontinuation and withdrawal start.
-February 2008: SSRI reinstatement... improvement, yet withdrawal symptoms remains to this day.
-Currently taking: 16mg Citalopram, 1mg Risperidone (for insomnia).
-Current issues: obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), insomnia, exaggerated physical symptoms of anxiety, muscle fatigue, weight gain, high prolactin/low testosterone

• 1 month later...

I have been using high-dose inositol to speed up my benzo taper and it has been amazing. But I took a whole pound over six days!!! The pdoc sees it more as a switch from a benzo to inositol than a taper. I feel so much better as the benzo dose drops.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

This is an article, without any citations, about inositol. I have reduced my benzo dose by about 50% in a little under a month. Before that I was only able to move in the tiniest of changes. Standard reminders that everyone is different and try anything new very slowly applies. This article claims inositol can reverse desensitization of serotonin receptors, among other things.

http://www.ocdrecoverycenters.com/about/prot_inositol.html

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

I thought I might give inositol a try but am a bit confused about the dosage. The article in the link mentions 6-16grams per day but capsules come in 500mg mostly and one says 1 a day at 500mg. To get 6 grams  upwards would be an awful lot of capsules! Is it best to get powder and weigh it? Or is it concentrated somehow with capsules? NOW brand does inositol with choline capsules, has anyone tried that combo? 

This is an article, without any citations, about inositol. I have reduced my benzo dose by about 50% in a little under a month. Before that I was only able to move in the tiniest of changes. Standard reminders that everyone is different and try anything new very slowly applies. This article claims inositol can reverse desensitization of serotonin receptors, among other things.

http://www.ocdrecoverycenters.com/about/prot_inositol.html

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Oh, MammaP if something, anything, would help you sleep I would be over the moon. Who knows if this would help, you are indeed a special case :)

The directions from Mensah were 650 to 1950 mg up to three times per day. When I was taking it before I started my benzo plunge, I took 1/4 tsp. of NOW powder which was 730mg. That was calming of daytime anxiety, anything more made me sleepy. As I progressed on the other supplements, I gradually stopped needing it. At night I slowly increased to 1/2 tablespoon which would be 4380mg and the effect was still a little spotty. I would repeat in the night sometimes, but had to be careful because if I took it too late I had trouble getting up for work.

Now that I am crashing through the benzo taper, I take 3 tablespoons (6480 mg) at bedtime and 2-3 tablespoons if I wake up in the night. Usually I don't sleep well even with that on the first night of the cut, and I will sleep through the second dose usually by the second or third night. I take 1 tsp to 1.5 tsp at a time in the daytime as needed. The number of doses varies a lot and it usually works within 45 minutes. I don't know if that is a good idea for anyone. The pdoc was saying that would be better than oxazepam for me, which doesn't necessarily mean it is good. True Hope/Empower Plus recommends up to 20 grams a day while coming off meds (not that I am recommending them).

NOW sells several forms of inositol. I get the powder because it is much cheaper, and I just measure it with a measuring spoon.

If you try it, please let us know how it goes.

56 years old

The pdoc said mania has been reported with inositol use. That link says it can counteract the effects of lithium...there might be a connection there. It also causes GI problems for some people (including me), and it contains carbohydrate so it is giving me carb cravings and I am gaining weight. Whatever.

56 years old

Meime,

I found this thread with some negatives about inositol.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/60327-small-warning-about-inositol/

However, after reading through it, it appears that for most people insositol has more positives than negatives and the negatives may just be with higher doses. I may try it.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy