If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Cannabis, THC or marijuana to ease withdrawal symptoms

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#181 Area1255

Area1255

Silver star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

It is but you have to be careful with dose, too much can cause nausea.

Past AD Experiences : (Fluvoxamine 3 years, D/C'd @ age 15).

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it

~Terry Pratchett~

WITHDRAWAL REGIMEN/STORY

Originally for OCD, the luvox took about 6 months to taper off.

Withdrawal supplements; lemon balm, Vitamin B3, black water/fulvic acid, high-protein diet to restore neurotransmitters, aniracetam to counter memory issues, deprenyl for persisting anhedonia.

Regimen still maintained til this day. Lemon balm, generally as capsules, however, as I suffer chronic Insomnia, I often use essential oil or as aromatherapy before bed , in combination with magnesium and lysine on bad nights.

#182 FeralUrban

FeralUrban

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

I found a PubMed article "Do withdrawal-like symptoms mediate increased marijuana smoking in individuals treated with venlafaxine XR?"

It appears that they were trying to see if Venlafaxine would help people addicted to marijuana get off of marijuana. What happened was that those on venlafaxine has worse "marijuana withdrawal symptoms." 

When I looked at the Marijuana Withdrawal Checklist, the withdrawal symptoms where identical to venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms. 

So, though I realize reverse logic is a fallacy, I'm currently experimenting with taking only CBD cannabis and avoiding THC cannabis. 

I was taking THC cannabis to manage neuropathic pain on the entire right side of my body. It works. The neuropathy was so bad that a gentle breeze on my face could trigger searing pain. This is called allodynia. Cannabis took that away. After six months of only going outside covered head to toe, face covered, hands covered, I could go outside, sometimes even with short sleeves! 

CBD on the other hand reduces the continuous searing nerve pain and muscle spasms, and it currently the only med I can take to manage the pain.

Five days into my subjective empirical experiment of one (a huge caveat) what I can say is that my allodynia is worse. It got triggered last night in a huge way and today I have more of the searing nerve pain and muscles spasm.  BUT, my withdrawal symptoms have lessened. 

I think I should change my profile name to "Up On the Tightrope" or Tightrope for short. 

2002 to 2016 Venlafaxine ER 225mg.  2013 TMS treatments triggered nerve pain in face, arm, back.  2016 TMS round ending Feb 1 Central Nerve Pain and and sub-acute serotonin toxicity compounded by Imitrex.  April-June tapered over 3 months from 225 to 0. Reinstated 6/20/16 21.5 nonER 2x day. 7/7/16-37.5mg; 7/17/16-36.6; 7/22/16-33.75; 8/22/16 32.6mg, 9/11/16-28.9mg, 9/25/16-25mg, 12/3/16-19.4mg, 12/18/16-18.5 holding.  OTHER DAILY PHARMACEUTICALS:   *Oxcarbazepine 150 mg 2x/day since mid 2015, *Naproxen 220mg 3x/day as an antidepressant and for pain since 2012, *Levothyrozine 75mcg since 2008 (hypothyroid), *Levothyronine 5 mpg 2x/day since 2012 (hypothyroid) *montelukast SOD 10 mg for asthma since 2014, Advair 250/50 2x daily, [DX 11/16 Felodopine 5mg since 2006,DX combivent 8/1/16] *MEDICAL MARIJUANA for neuropathic pain:CBD oil 25 mg 3-4 x day, THC tincture a few drops: 1/4 tsp 0-3x/day, vaporize CBD for breakthrough pain, CBD concentrate for severe pain.  PRN MEDS *Valium 5 mg PRN up to 4/day for muscle spasms, usually 1-2 x/ day. *Low dose Ketamine nasal spray for severe pain, and also finding 1 dose calms bad WD quickly. HERBAL TINCTURES: burdock, lobelia, turmeric, white willow. CURRENT SUPPLEMENTS:  *Methylated B vitamins, *Vitamin D 5000 iu, Alpha Lipoid Acid, Neti pot. [DX 6/13/16 promethazine suppository + 2 OTC Benadryl for severe pain N Acetyl Cytine for asthma1992-2002, over 20 different psych meds. 2012-2016 Eliminated 7 meds 1 at a time DX Plaquenil DX Spironolactone DX Lunesta, DX Ativan,  + others

#183 Area1255

Area1255

Silver star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

I found a PubMed article "Do withdrawal-like symptoms mediate increased marijuana smoking in individuals treated with venlafaxine XR?"

It appears that they were trying to see if Venlafaxine would help people addicted to marijuana get off of marijuana. What happened was that those on venlafaxine has worse "marijuana withdrawal symptoms." 

When I looked at the Marijuana Withdrawal Checklist, the withdrawal symptoms where identical to venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms. 

So, though I realize reverse logic is a fallacy, I'm currently experimenting with taking only CBD cannabis and avoiding THC cannabis. 

I was taking THC cannabis to manage neuropathic pain on the entire right side of my body. It works. The neuropathy was so bad that a gentle breeze on my face could trigger searing pain. This is called allodynia. Cannabis took that away. After six months of only going outside covered head to toe, face covered, hands covered, I could go outside, sometimes even with short sleeves! 

CBD on the other hand reduces the continuous searing nerve pain and muscle spasms, and it currently the only med I can take to manage the pain.

Five days into my subjective empirical experiment of one (a huge caveat) what I can say is that my allodynia is worse. It got triggered last night in a huge way and today I have more of the searing nerve pain and muscles spasm.  BUT, my withdrawal symptoms have lessened. 

I think I should change my profile name to "Up On the Tightrope" or Tightrope for short. 

Interesting...

Past AD Experiences : (Fluvoxamine 3 years, D/C'd @ age 15).

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it

~Terry Pratchett~

WITHDRAWAL REGIMEN/STORY

Originally for OCD, the luvox took about 6 months to taper off.

Withdrawal supplements; lemon balm, Vitamin B3, black water/fulvic acid, high-protein diet to restore neurotransmitters, aniracetam to counter memory issues, deprenyl for persisting anhedonia.

Regimen still maintained til this day. Lemon balm, generally as capsules, however, as I suffer chronic Insomnia, I often use essential oil or as aromatherapy before bed , in combination with magnesium and lysine on bad nights.

#184 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationAlbany, Western Australia

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:28 AM

Hi éveryone,  signing in to this thread after an absence.                   I am trying the THC:CBD  oil ratio 60:40     been taking 15 drops for two days,  seems to be helping this time, 

It did not seem to help when I was quite unstable, but I was trying too many different things, all in a panic, and too much of the different oils, I just confused the whole issue.   So I stopped.

but now seems to be helping with the horrors, and the morning horrors,  I can drag myself out of bed again!       I am also going to try GC MAF.       That is in the mail, will try and see if there is a thread on that. 

I did try the Endoca CBD in a syringe, previously, ( I call it CBD glue, cause it is thick like glue)         that one seemed OK, but just remember, less is often better.               That is expensive, in a syringe, you only need about a rice grain sized dose a day.  (or less!).

Oh I've never smoked it, and dont intend to.           These are just medicinal oils.               I reckon, if they banned Ben Hammond, from his two hemp plants,  in a rambo raid, while telling him to take heroin  (aka Fentanyl/Oxycontin) the pharma fraud has gone far enough!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

#185 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:44 AM

Yes, the grown in a legal state stuff really helped with Seroquel withdrawal and possibly with a bit of the early Lexapro withdrawal(within that first year).  Not real good recollection of when I used what weed though so........definitely helped with Seroquel withdrawal.

Some enjoyable times.....until the paranoia set in really, as well as more extreme neuroemotions.........  this last usage which was street stuff.  So much better now almost 60 days off......woo hoo.

I have to wonder.......really have to.........how much my earlier in life weed and alcohol, and some assorted other substances(non prescribed)........led to my seeking of psych care in the late 80's.  Sheesh, hard to know.......what with the PMS and birth control pills for awhile and everything else that plays a part in ones moods.

Thanks you all for weighing in.  I so wish the FDA here in the states would stay out of the way(don't trust them) as well as the pharmaceutical companies........oh well,  glad to be doing better in any case and for all my experiences to date.

Thanks Manymore todays!  Yes,  it is the serouqel, the last bit I am struggling with............ thanks for the feedback.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

#186 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:00 AM

Just wanted to warn people about using thc oil/ cannabis in withdrawal. I thought I'd try some thc oil to help treat my insomnia, I started by using a couple of drops which didn't seem to work then used a full 1ml dropper, it did kick in and I managed to have a decent night's sleep, however upon waking the next day I had increased anxiety, inner restlessness and agitation. This was five days ago and my symptoms have only grown worse every day since.
I made the mistake of assuming it was thca oil when it was the psychoactive thc
I'm having intense panic attacks, and insomnia, I'm right back to where I was at the beginning of withdrawal.... I'm wishing I never used it, and praying that my symptoms don't get worse and start to ease of for me.
Please be extremely careful with this powerful psycho stimulant!!!!

Simack you meant to take three to five drops,  not the whole damn dropper!  You are a worry!  Anyway, hope you are well again now.

#187 FeralUrban

FeralUrban

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

Would someone on this thread care to comment on their experiences with CBD oil?

E.g.,
EXACTLY which brand did you take?  A link would be preferable.
How much did it cost?
What was your dose?
How long did the effects last?
What time of day did you take it?

WHY I USE IT:
I use CBD oil and vaporizing CBD rich cannabis to reduce the severity of neuropathic pain. I have rather severe pain daily on the entire right side of my body and part of my left leg and arm. The nerves feel like hot wires under the skin, the muscles spasm. This condition is very likely the result of chronic moderate level serotonin toxicity, and though neuropathy started 4 years before I started tapering and then improved dramatically when I reduced my dosage, it is now packaged with my withdrawal symptoms. 

I believe that CBD reduces overactive nerve signaling. That is why it helps people with seizures that don't respond well to pharmaceutical anti-seizure meds. So for me it is helpful to keep my nerves signaling calm and  therefore less painful. 

WHAT BRANDS I'VE USED

I live in a medical marijuana state and have a patient card. Initially I got my CBD oil from dispensaries. I one I purchased a concentrated CBD Hemp oil that was made at the dispensary. It is dispensed in an oral syringe, and is a black tarry substance that tastes like rope. 0.1 ml rubbed on my gums would turn down the pain within 30 minutes.

I also have purchased CBD infused coconut oil made from the cannabis strain AC/DC -- also made at the dispensary. Much more palatable. A dropper full in the mouth, swish it around an let it absorb through the lining of the mouth. Cost about $30. Also it had more mg per ml of CBD than the hemp oil and therefore was more potent and cost effective. 

However, with the levels of pain and the  amount of oil required made the cost was prohibitive, so I purchased AC/DC buds that the dispensary and coconut oil at the grocery and made my own oil using the Magical Butter Machine. If you go this route you don't need the machine -- you can use a double boiler set up on on your stove. The machine makes it really simple though.  By purchasing one ounce of AC/DC on sale  $225 and $5 for coconut oil I made about 500 ml. of oil. At the dispensaries this would have cost me $1070. I haven't had it tested for potency, though I plan to, so I can know how may mg. I'm taking with each full dropper. Now I am growing my own AC/DC plant (legally!) and should be able to make oil for the cost of the electricity and my time (about 3 months of daily plant tending)

I have not tried any commercially available CBD oils. 

I hear that the accuracy of mg dosing labeled on CBD oils available online can be unreliable. You will need to research it if you plan to buy commercial brands. I would look at cannabis sites that don't sell anything, or if you can't find that sites that  sell multiple  brands.

However, what I would say is that you must check the milligrams (mg.) of CBD, and not the milliliters (ml.) of oil.  Milligrams tells you the dosage.  Milliliters tells you the volume of oil. So comparing cost it is best to compare the cost per milligram, rather than the cost per milliliter, as 100 ml could have 10 mg of CBD or 50 mg. of CBD.  So two bottles of exactly the same size, and exactly the same price are only equal in value if the mg of  CBD is the same. 

Here is the best website I've found regarding cannabis, and CBD oil information https://www.projectcbd.org/what-cbd The "Guidance" section might be a good place to start.

WHAT DOSAGE

Dosage of any cannabis product is highly individual. If I recall correctly, I have a long post somewhere in this thread that discusses this issue a bit more in detail.

In short, the best way to determine your dosage is to START WITH A LOW DOSE, see what happens note the effects, wait 24 hours, THEN GO SLOWly up or down in dose to find the right place for you. 

Also, tolerance to cannabis develops over time, and so periodic breaks of 2-5 days from using it will keep you in lower dosages (more affordable dosages)

It depends also on what you are taking it for. It it's for uncontrolled epilepsy you dosages will likely need to be high. If it's for anxiety your dosages will likely be much much lower than dosages for epilepsy.

HOW LONG DO THE EFFECTS LAST?

Sublingual oil is takes effect within 15 minutes to about an hour.

If you swallow it it takes effect within 45 minutes to two hours.

I find it lasts about 2-4 hours, but it could last up to 24 hours. I think I'm on the short end of that range due to the severity of my issue.

WHAT TIME OF DAY?

I take it throughout the day - at a minimum 3-4 times a day. At a maximum 8 times a day. Just depends on how much pain I'm in.

But, if you are taking to relax and get better sleep -- once in the evening should be fine. 

Again -- you have to explore for yourself. 

There are no standard dosing guides. Each person metabolizes it uniquely. Each batch is unique (even from the same manufacturer) It is a complex substance with many other molecular constituents. It is grown as a plant, not created in a chemical laboratory. 

VAPING

I also vaporize AC/DC for break through pain and quick relief -- 15 seconds to 5 minutes onset of relief. lasts no more than 2 hours.

THC
I also have used THC oil and vaporized THC products and these help me with allodynia -- which is painful hypersensitivity to innocuous stimuli. Any air movement can feel like searing heat. 

However -- I did have concerns that THC was making WD worse, so I took a 5 week break from it. It didn't seem to make much difference in the WD issues, and in fact my neuropathic pain and alodynia got much worse and spread to new areas of my body. <_<  That said, now that I'm using it again  I'm playing on the cautious side by vaporizing only (short acting dosages.)

LEGAL ISSUES

Please look into the laws in your locality for the legality of CBD oil -- it varies state to state. CBD oil is not legal in every state. 

Hope this helps.

If you decide to try it
START LOW; GO SLOW

It looks like there has been quite a bit of activity on this thread since my post, so I'll  have to catch up on my reading!

2002 to 2016 Venlafaxine ER 225mg.  2013 TMS treatments triggered nerve pain in face, arm, back.  2016 TMS round ending Feb 1 Central Nerve Pain and and sub-acute serotonin toxicity compounded by Imitrex.  April-June tapered over 3 months from 225 to 0. Reinstated 6/20/16 21.5 nonER 2x day. 7/7/16-37.5mg; 7/17/16-36.6; 7/22/16-33.75; 8/22/16 32.6mg, 9/11/16-28.9mg, 9/25/16-25mg, 12/3/16-19.4mg, 12/18/16-18.5 holding.  OTHER DAILY PHARMACEUTICALS:   *Oxcarbazepine 150 mg 2x/day since mid 2015, *Naproxen 220mg 3x/day as an antidepressant and for pain since 2012, *Levothyrozine 75mcg since 2008 (hypothyroid), *Levothyronine 5 mpg 2x/day since 2012 (hypothyroid) *montelukast SOD 10 mg for asthma since 2014, Advair 250/50 2x daily, [DX 11/16 Felodopine 5mg since 2006,DX combivent 8/1/16] *MEDICAL MARIJUANA for neuropathic pain:CBD oil 25 mg 3-4 x day, THC tincture a few drops: 1/4 tsp 0-3x/day, vaporize CBD for breakthrough pain, CBD concentrate for severe pain.  PRN MEDS *Valium 5 mg PRN up to 4/day for muscle spasms, usually 1-2 x/ day. *Low dose Ketamine nasal spray for severe pain, and also finding 1 dose calms bad WD quickly. HERBAL TINCTURES: burdock, lobelia, turmeric, white willow. CURRENT SUPPLEMENTS:  *Methylated B vitamins, *Vitamin D 5000 iu, Alpha Lipoid Acid, Neti pot. [DX 6/13/16 promethazine suppository + 2 OTC Benadryl for severe pain N Acetyl Cytine for asthma1992-2002, over 20 different psych meds. 2012-2016 Eliminated 7 meds 1 at a time DX Plaquenil DX Spironolactone DX Lunesta, DX Ativan,  + others

#188 manymoretodays

manymoretodays

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationSouthwest.....Mountain time

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

Yes, the grown in a legal state stuff really helped with Seroquel withdrawal and possibly with a bit of the early Lexapro withdrawal(within that first year).  Not real good recollection of when I used what weed though so........definitely helped with Seroquel withdrawal.

Some enjoyable times.....until the paranoia set in really, as well as more extreme neuroemotions.........  this last usage which was street stuff.  So much better now almost 60 days off......woo hoo.

I have to wonder.......really have to.........how much my earlier in life weed and alcohol, and some assorted other substances(non prescribed)........led to my seeking of psych care in the late 80's.  Sheesh, hard to know.......what with the PMS and birth control pills for awhile and everything else that plays a part in ones moods.

Thanks you all for weighing in.  I so wish the FDA here in the states would stay out of the way(don't trust them) as well as the pharmaceutical companies........oh well,  glad to be doing better in any case and for all my experiences to date.

Thanks Manymore todays!  Yes,  it is the serouqel, the last bit I am struggling with............ thanks for the feedback.

Hi Ang,

Yes.....I believe it did help.  With my Seroquel withdrawal.  The problem though.........for me anyway...........it certainly wasn't a quick fix at all.........but did keep me from the worst of the crazies, if you will.  I sat on a couch and did crosswords and sudokus and watched a lot of television during those days.  Maybe rallied once a week or so to try, try to do something in the way of better, more rational self care.   Then continued use added to the crazies........again, if you will.  The crazies......LOL.......no offense or defense intended.   Most definitely the street stuff not a good idea for anyone as far as I can see.  That 6 mos. or so got pretty darn dark.  And I will add that I did have support to call on.........for some of the most basics, food being one............encouragement being another..........and family connections who had not quite abandoned me........not even close to doing so.

I so hope the CBD stuff you have is better...........it's a whole new science I suppose.............I really don't know much about all that.

I also meant to add that I didn't really function even close to independently...........for quite awhile..........during that coming off of Seroquel time.  I owe a lot to that son of mine and good kind neighbor friend.  Outlaw family, regular family, and even my ex husband.

I just felt the need to share that.

For now I am in a good enough place.  Feels like the right place to be.  Grateful for my struggles.......... as yah.........I am out there seeing so much of the fall out from present day psychiatry and the darned "medical model" ............sometimes it just viscerally hurts(not really, it's just so challenging sometimes)............not as often though as I continue to neutralize, do what I can for people like me, with experiences like mine...........and all that..........you know the drill.  Educate.  Etc.  So thankful I still have a pretty good average brain and body for my age.  Stellar spirit helps alot.

Wishing us all well enough.

Thanks FeralUrban for all your contributions here as well.  Your experiences and knowledge may be helpful to so many.

I still like Tazo tea........using lemon now in it.........seems to keep things fresh and real and okay..........and a lot of that mindfulness of staying present........in the Now.........and doing what needs to be done in any day.  Setting limits.......with myself even..........taking breaks when needed.

Whoosh..........a really fall day today.  Was a beauty!

mmt

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once?, Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= approx. 1200/day. Magnesium citrate orally,diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C and E.  B12, melatonin 3mcg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=300 mcg. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.

#189 woof

woof

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

Sleep aid, (for the 2-4 AM wake up) is "Charlottes Webb" hemp oil. 

It's almost pure CBD and legal in all 50 states.  Also used for anxiety.

"Charlottes Webb"

http://www.cwhemp.com/

2004-2015 Valium tapered off: 10% per week without any wd sx's except for one month insomnia after taper complete

2004-2015 Cymbalta 20mg/d No problems at all with Cymbalta, I just wanted to get off of all meds.  Nov, 25 2015 CT 20mg/d Cymbalta (194 beads)   

Jan 2016 Reinstated 20mg/d Cymbalta (194 beads) 5 weeks after CT. FEB 2016 STARTED Valium 25mg/d for CT Cymbalta wd sxs - TERRIBLE move.

Jan-April 2016 Held Cymbalta 20mg/d for 4 months. All wd sx's gone, except: 4/10 AM anxiety 9-1:30, 2/10 tinnitus & 2-4 AM waking then back to sleep. 

April 21 2016 my CT sx's had not resolved. Prematurely CUT -Cymbalta 20-18mg (194-19 = 175 beads), bad move, but my AM anxiety resolved, so I thought we were doing the right thing, May 21, 2016 cut to (158 beads) 16mg-stable,

July 04, 2016 cut to (143 beads) 14.5mg and had 10/10 wd sx's  Anxiety, Anhedonia, Anorexia, Fear, dysphoria, could not go back to sleep after 1:30 AM wake-up.

Nov 29th 2016 UPDOSED (41 beads) Cymbalta to full 20mg (194 bead) all sxs except tinnitus virtually gone. 

I plan to stay on 20mg/d Cymbalta.  Doing very well until started tapering Valium see below.

Valium taper - Jan 1, 2017 28mg-3mg=25mg.   March 11, 2017 25mg-2mg=23mMay 15 2017 23mg-2mg=21mg Supplements: Fish oil and Spray on Magnesium

http://survivinganti...key-withdrawal/  Benzo Posts http://survivinganti...ta-wd-symptoms/

#190 myndfull

myndfull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:34 AM

I'm in my third year of withdrawal from Paxil/Celexa and I use cannabis to successfully treat the symptoms of my withdrawal. I'm getting near the end of my withdrawal and my symptoms, though they come and go, are still all over the map (as expected). High anxiety would sum them up.

Below, I’d like to mention a few things that I’ve learned about cannabis. My hope is that some of you who are considering its use will find what I have to say interesting and useful. (BTW: I prefer the word cannabis rather than marijuana, but since I'm a legal "patient" in the State of California where I’m legally allowed to use the plant, I’ll mostly use the term “MMJ”—medical marijuana.)

*A big problem with MMJ is its illegality. And there are a great many restrictions on the plant’s use even in States that legally allow it. In California, I think the attitude is a healthy one—that MMJ is "good for anything that ails ya.” Another way to say that is that California is basically a recreational scene that operates under the guise of a medicinal mindset. One doesn't get “stoned" here, one gets "medicated." Dennis Peron, one of California’s early cannabis activists, has said that all cannabis use is medicinal; I agree. But for most of the planet, social mores haven't caught up with States like California, or Oregon, or Colorado. Not yet. Society still says this stuff is bad news; it's addicting (they say) and it'll lead to other addictions (they say), etc. It’ll destroy brain cells (it does just the opposite). Etc. The stress of using it under those conditions raises one's anxiety. And that can’t be helpful for us folks who don’t really want any more stress in our lives.

*Set and setting are very important considerations when using MMJ. "Setting" is place. I only use it at home; sometimes I use it outside at a family gathering, usually at the holidays. While everyone's slowly getting drunk, I smoke a little and everything's all right with the world. Social engagement becomes more pleasant; empathy soars (even for my Trump-loving brother-in-law); my withdrawal symptoms are forgotten or dulled. If the setting is a comfortable place, my psychological response to the plant is usually positive. Also, after I've used it I generally don't leave home; this can be a good thing (especially if you know about yourself, as I do about myself, that every time I leave the house I spend money). "Set" is the mood you're in when you smoke it (or vape it, or eat it, or chew it, or tincture it, etc.). There are times when I'm so “upset”—let’s just call it that for simplicity's sake—from a hard day at work, combined with my withdrawal symptoms, that using MMJ will just make my mood worse. If I use MMJ in a sour mood I just become more anxious. Panic ensues to some extent, even paranoia…dark thoughts. That mood, those thoughts, are the less pleasant aspects of using MMJ and I try to avoid them by avoiding cannabis altogether when I'm in a very depressed, anhedonic mood. When I feel I'm ready to use MMJ (it's a point at which I know that using it will help and this comes from experience) I choose a strain carefully (higher or lower THC; presence of CBD and how much; indica or sativa, etc.) and I micro-dose (more on that below). The recreational cannabis crowd says 4:20 in the afternoon is a good time to light up; if you take that metaphorically, 4:20 is not really a time, per se, but a frame of mind, a mindset: It's that mood we're in after work, before dinner, before the evening sets in, when we know it's time to wind down, relax. 4:20 in this sense can be any time of the day or night. When you factor in antidepressant withdrawal, 4:20 is when your mood is conducive, accepting. If you decide to give MMJ a try, set and setting are first considerations. If you're frazzled with issues at work and your withdrawal symptoms are ramped up because you've made a recent drop, and the dog needs walking, and a load of laundry needs drying…well…take care of some of those issues first and then sit down and enjoy a bit of MMJ.

*It’s true what others have said here, that one should start slowly and work one’s way up to a comfortable, effective dose. What I would recommend is that you find that dose by using only one method of ingestion—smoking, vaping, eating, etc.—at a time. Don’t shift or switch from one method of in-take to another until you find a comfortable dose using that method. Stick with that one method until you figure out what dose, using that method, works for you. If that method isn’t working—for whatever reason—shift to another; again, start with less, and go slow. Always start with low amounts and work your way up. Don’t jump from three drops of tincture one day to 15 the next; don’t smoke a whole joint—in fact, don’t smoke at all until or unless you know the “numbers” of the strain you are using — how much THC it has, whether there’s any CBD. Be VERY careful with “medibles”—know the amounts of THC per serving. Etc.

*In general, less is more with MMJ, especially when smoking bud. Look into “micro-dosing cannabis” on Professor Google. One doesn’t need much to get relief from anxiety, especially when one uses chronically (every day, two to three times a day as I do); it is often the case that the more one uses the less medicinal effect one gets. (Medicinal effect is not the same as being “stoned”; in our particular case, it’s what we feel when our withdrawal symptoms are lessened.)

*My sense is that cannabis is not addictive, certainly not in the sense that heroin or cocaine or alcohol is. It IS habit forming, but in the same way that coffee/caffeine is. And, just like caffeine, you can take it or leave it fairly easily. Some can’t stop very easily but I would argue that those folks use the plant from morning to night, a dozen or more times a day, because they need the plant more. They are self-medicating and they’ve found a dosage that works for them. If it’s not killing them—and it isn’t—and they get relief, then stopping really isn’t an issue. If the use of the plant is hurting them in some way, or hurting those they love, then there’s a problem. Fortunately, it’s relatively easy to stop or cut down on cannabis. Many who speak about addiction in regards to cannabis are prohibitionists. They want the use of the drug to end NOW and that’s the only solution they see to its widespread use, medicinal or recreational. People who use it every day, they say, are “addicted.” No. They’re self-medicating with something that helps them; it’s part of their life in the same way that a strong Italian roast helps them wake up in the morning. When I’ve stopped using cannabis—usually when I’m on vacation and in a place where the stuff is illegal—I get a little irritable, my sleep is off a bit, and I’ve had some headaches. But those go away after a few days or so. But long-time users know that cannabis doesn’t make one’s problems go away; it makes one’s problems easier to bear. And that’s a good thing, especially since the plant can’t kill you.

*Smoking MMJ is the best way to ingest it. A study out of UC San Diego convincingly shows that cannabis smoke is not carcinogenic. So, you’re not smoking tobacco when you take a “hit” of MMJ. Cannabis, in fact, was shown to have a slight anti-carcinogenic effect. Again: the smoke won’t kill you. It might give you a cough or a sore throat, but those issues become less of a problem with daily use (they can also become a big problem if one uses a great deal of MMJ). I use a “bubbler,” also known as a “bong.” The water in the glass acts to filter out some of the stuff in the smoke. It’s smoother. Smoking is fast, too; I take one hit of a pinch of ground bud (micro-dosing) and I’m done. This takes less than a minute to do with pre-ground bud, and the uptake—the medicinal effect—comes within a minute or so. For those who can’t smoke, for whatever reason, vaping is a close second. BUT: my experience has taught me that the only way to get what’s been called the “entourage effect” is to smoke the stuff. Another way to say this is that the strongest medicinal effect comes with smoking.

*I grow my own, using organic methods. It’s not as easy as some people make out, but it’s been a fun learning process and a hobby that takes my mind off my withdrawal symptoms. One can save thousands of dollars over the long run growing at home. The web is a wonderful resource for growers.

*I’ve found that using CBD is a boon when I’m feeling particularly bad withdrawal. It lowers my anxiety and I get a bit of my old self back. CBD doesn’t alter my perception; it relaxes me, kills some of my pain—emotional and otherwise. When I’ve taken too much (I usually dose with chocolate, taking about 15 milligrams) I can get a bit…wobbly. My thinking slows down. I become somewhat forgetful. But those effects are not debilitating, especially not after about a half hour after onset. (BTW: If you smoke a high CBD strain, onset is two minutes or so; CBD tinctures under the tongue can take about twenty minutes to have an effect; eating CBD chocolate can take about 40 minutes or more.)

*THC brings pain relief and euphoria, but it can also bring paranoia, anxiety and panic. If one begins an exploration of cannabis it might be best to incorporate CBD and THC at the very beginning. If you get a card and you walk into a dispensary, ask the bud tenders if they have a high CBD strain. Get that. One good CBD strain is AC/DC; others are Cannatonic, Canna Tsu, and Harlequinn. AC/DC is very high in CBD and if you mix a little of that with a little THC strain (thousands to choose from) you can get a nice mx. Too, CBD can chemically mediate the effects of THC, so having a little in the mix will lessen THC’s bad effects. When I’m not feeling strong withdrawal symptoms I can forego the CBD and just use a THC bud. I usually don’t use anything over 15% THC, however, and—again, I can’t stress this strongly enough—I micro-dose.

I hope this has been of some help.

8/20/14 Began withdrawal from Celexa -- from 20 miligrams

[...] Monthly drops

12/20/14 -- Dropped from 6.4 mL to 5.8 mL; 9% decrease.

01/23/15 -- Dropped from 5.8 mL to 5.2 mL; 10% decrease.

02/25/15 -- Dropped from 5.8 mL to 4.8 mL; 8% decrease.

03/24/15 -- Dropped from 4.8 mL to 4.4 mL; 8% decrease.

04/23/15 -- Dropped from 4.4 mL to 4.0 mL; 9% decrease.

05/23/15 -- Dropped from 4.0 mL to 3.6 mL; 10% decrease.

06/23/15 -- Dropped from 3.6 mL to 3.2 mL; 11% decrease. (Note: Somehow during this month I became confused about the actual amount on the syringe I'm using that I should drop; for part of this period I was taking 3.4 mL. So for July [see below] I dropped from 3.4 mL and not from 3.2 mL.)

07/23/15 -- Dropped from 3.4 mL to 3.0 mL; 12% decrease. (See "Note" above. As a result of my mixup in dosages, I'm currently [08/12/15] suffering some withdrawal symptoms: mostly a mild malaise, low-level depresssion.) Will probably stabilise at 3.0 for a bit longer than a month. Twelve percent was too precipitous a drop. Will continue with drops under 10%.

09/15/15 -- Dropped from 3.0 mL to 2.8 ml; ~ 7% drop.

#191 NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBrazil, PR, Curitiba

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

i use to smoke everyday before meds and during meds, and have smoked a lot after meds too, i don't think it helped on anything... but at least it gave me a little bit of distraction, i would say that it doesn't helps but also doesn't makes it worst, in my case as i'm 20 years old, i got to quit weed for good, because my mom would just say to every doctor that i smoke weed, and they would blame it for the withdrawals....

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in march of 2016 was at 300mg again

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

in september tried reducing trazadone to 50mg

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

currently taking 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel at night

#192 Cavernio

Cavernio

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:25 AM

Weed is helping me through my current cymbalta withdrawal near miraculously. When I am high I am simply not emotionally distraught. That said, weed helped me while on cymbalta also, and before starting up cymbalta this time, so I already knew that weed is something positive for me. It is not for everyone. 

Different batches/strands do feel different, some help more than others, but I only know enough of that to know which local dealer to buy from. My doctor knows I smoke weed, and is OK with it, and I have not asked for medical marijuana, but I suspect I could be prescribed it if asked. One reason I haven't done this is because I can buy it cheaper illegally, granted I might find a better strand, but I'm happy with what I have right now.

Smoking it can be pretty annoying though, and my lungs are NOT  happy with it since I took up smoking it regularly just under a year ago, I've got a smoker's cough now. (which is better than not coughing because at least I'm clearing stuff out I suppose) I'm not a smoker of anything else. It's not too hard to infuse oil or butter from straight weed, although it is time consuming. Edibles might be the way to go-the effect lasts longer, is more even, and you get more from the same amount of weed. 

I am still getting the physical sensations of withdrawal, achy, sweating, those brain snaps, parasthesia, but the emotional ones don't even seem to exist, and they are by far the worst imo. The effect from smoking weed hits fast, so it's easy for me to tell that it's the weed and not a mood swing (withdrawal-related or not). Eating it will hit you much slower, but it also wears off a lot slower too.

Alas, I also get withdrawal from weed. But if I ever choose to stop using daily (or near daily), from all accounts the withdrawal shouldn't be as bad as my experiences with SSRI withdrawals. 

#193 btdt

btdt

Fingers of titanium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,167 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

I have have been using using legal medical cannabis oil for WD symptoms.

It is very high in the compound CBD (cannabinoids) which soothes anxiety

and very low in THC which gets you high. After a very low dose (one drop)

I've found my high anxiety goes away, my mind stops spinning dark thoughts,

and I feel calm and grounded.

I'm not aware of feeling stoned. Just calm.

It also helps me get back to sleep when I wake around 3 am.

There may be more posts here about the oil but I do not have the energy to read anymore so your my person to ask :)

It has been suggested to me to try the medical pot oil... I have been resistant could I have an update please is it still working for you.. any down side? 

Thanks

ps 

suggested use would be to treat movement disorder if anyone else here is using the oil to treat a movement disorder please contact me or answer here and I will find it. 

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivinganti...ng-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

#194 simack

simack

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationBendigo Australia

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

Simack you meant to take three to five drops,  not the whole damn dropper!  You are a worry!  Anyway, hope you are well again now.

Thanks ang, I think what happened to me was an adverse reaction from trying to switch seroquel from a tablet to liquid, It triggered akathisia in me. I'm still suffering from waves and windows of very horrible aka. I just ordered some pure indica strain seeds and plan on growing my own plants and micro dosing it to see if it helps

MEDS HISTORY

2004 hospitalized for acute alcohol induced psychosis and started on my psych drug merry-go-round.2004-2006 SSRI > SNRI Merry-go-round finally settled on Effexor. Also was started on Risperdal in 2004 but switched to seroquell after I had a bad reaction to it.2008. Was switched from Effexor to pristiq, Also managed to successfully Quit Seroquel Cold Turkey.Asenapine- 5mg- August 2014 ~ May 2015. Was put on for Social Anxiety, was great at first then started developing disabling side effects, did a rapid taper and so started my withdrawal nightmare...

MEDS CURRENT

Pristiq-100mg ~ Currently holding

Olanzapine- 3.75mg May 2015 ~ Currently tapering by -.06mg per week (Jan 2016, 3.5mg  ~Feb 2016 intractable insomnia updose to 3.75mg)

Quetiapine- 50mg June 2015  ~Dec 25 2015 Quit cold turkey. ~(Feb 6 2016 hit with intractable insomnia - reinstated 50mg.)

August 2016 : Became destabilised after messing around with cutting doses, trying THC oil etc, Holding on for dear life hoping to stabilise again someday.. 

Supplements Ashwaghanda,  melatonin 2mg, fish oil, Magnesium.

#195 flatrock

flatrock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationFlat Rock, MI

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

Well I am glad to find this topic.

I have my medical marijuana card. I've found marijuana to be enormously helpful with my fibromyalgia. I never smoke it. My caregiver grows a strain of high-indica-prevalent (Indica is the relaxing kind) and I cook it into a cannabis butter. It's really important to know which kind of pot you get. Sativa can make you very anxious. 

About 6 months ago, the latest batch I got from my caregiver was super potent, about 90% Indica. I made my usual cannabutter, and then had some "overdoses" which caused weirdness and anxiety and blech. So I put it aside, figuring this was not a good time to be consuming. Then I moved and started with a new physician who put me on and off many meds you can probably see in my signature. Through it all I didn't try my cannabutter again -- until recently.

My therapist is pro-marijuana, and suggested I try it to help smooth out the rather abrupt transition off of Remeron. I discovered that I only need to consume about 1/8th of a teaspoon of my cannabutter (I previously needed to take about a teaspoon) plus I got some Charlotte's Web CBD oil... And some other CBD oils from a local dispensary. And I definitely have found relief from the anxiety and tortures of withdrawal from Remeron. The CBD oil to me feels harmless... there's no high, and sometimes the effects are so subtle I'm not sure it's doing much of anything. But it empowers me because I feel like at least I'm trying something to help myself.

I do not think pot or CBD is a cure-all. For example, whenever I try reducing chlonazepam it doesn't seem to help.... but I have yet to do a proper taper. That is coming next, after I recover from the Remeron.

We are all on our own when it comes to marijuana. There are no certain guidelines or rules. I do think that the marijuana industry wants to have it both ways: Hey, it's just a weed, no big deal... vs ... Weed is amazing and can cure cancer and everything. The truth is that each individual has to talk to people, experiment, and make their best guess. I totally don't recommend buying it from somebody on a street corner. At least at dispensaries they can tell you about their weed - the percentages of sativa vs. indica, things like that.

I'm just grateful I have my card and can do the CBD oil and a little cannabutter when I think i'll help.

There was a time a couple of years ago when I was quite the party girl. And yes, I'm 62 yrs old, so I don't know what the heck I was thinking. I'd have a few drinks in the evening, and then at bed time I'd consume my cannabutter and get quite high from it, and also take chlonazepam to help me sleep. I must say I had heavy happy long night's sleep! But I'll never do that again. I'm certain I overtaxed my system. I no longer take enough cannabutter to get a really high feeling (just a little) and only when I think I need it. And I seldom drink nowadays. I'm mostly using CBD during the day to smooth out the day. Sometimes I think it helps, sometimes I think it's ineffective but harmless.

I recently read that many of the new strains are lacking in natural CBDs; that marijuana used to have a lot of naturally occurring CBDs. Don't know if it's true, but it makes me glad I have the CBD oil, just in case.

My overall diagnosis is fibromyalgia. I'm 63 yrs old and feeling weary!

Current: .75 Klonopin (chlonazepam), took it many years for restless legs, then increased amount for anxiety, now tapered back down. For a couple of months my psychiatrist pushed me up to 2.0 in an effort to stop tremor symptoms but it didn't help, so slowly, 1/4 pill at a time (a .5 pill), got down to .75. My psychiatrist is being supportive about my quitting Klonopin at whatever pace I'm comfortable with.

4/29/2017 was my last 1/4 pill reduction.

5/11/17: taking .25@11am, .5@11pm.  

5/20/17: TAPERING BY WEIGHT NOW:   .163g @11pm (was .166) AND .081@11am (was .083)

PREVIOUS: In August 2016, after some stressful life changes, my Klonopin use went up to about 4.0. New dr jerked me down from 4.0 to 1 mg, then grudgingly gave me 1.5 mg while awaiting psychiatrist appt. I'm still suffering from that sudden extreme withdrawal. Plus I was put on and taken off of many other meds those first couple of months: Tizanadine, Remeron, Lexapro, Wellbutrin. A bad time in my life.  CURRENT: Cymbalta 60mg. I'll probably be reducing this later. I use medical marijuana as needed. I take fish oil, and magnesium.

#196 risperdalhater

risperdalhater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Locationnone

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

first of all, i'm just telling you my experience of using pot to treat my risperidone induced emotional numbness. 

warning: in the past i have experienced paranoia after using marijuana and mini-delusions (these are very common for people who smoke weed, even who aren't schizophrenic or have psychotic episodes etc)

i took risperidone for a few weeks and it borderline ruined my life and put me in the worst physical and emotional pain i have ever been through during the withdrawal.  the long lasting side effects i have are: definitely damaged libido, damaged ability to feel pleasure and weakness in the muscles as well as pushing my depression to the next level...an almost intolerable level.

before i took risperidone, i didn't smoke marijuana for a couple of years for religious reasons but after risperidone gave me some emotional numbness, i went to marijuana out of frustration....this is what happened..

i smoked a very small amount and turned on some music while i was laying in bed and i felt intensified emotions and a relaxed sensation and absolutely no paranoia from that small dose. it was beautiful.

that is all

- RH

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

#197 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:24 PM

MERGED TOPIC:  

Marijuana: a cure for anhedonia?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

Currently Lithium Orotate 1.67 mg only.  I will re-evaluate this supplement in 2017.

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

#198 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:03 AM

Just ran across this about CBD:

http://www.medicalda...-effects-406730

EXTRACTS:

1. ANTI-ANXIETY

CBD has been found to be effective in reducing both behavioral and physiological measures of stress and anxiety.

2. INVENTION FOR ADDICTIVE BEHAVIORS

(ut-oh, I think they mean "intervention" and this gaffe makes me think this article might not be peer reviewed!  Though some of the studies they quote are) 

3. COMBATS CANCER SPREAD

CBD has been shown to reduce pain and nausea, and increase appetite during patients' cancer treatments. There are also reports that show CBD's anti-tumor effects

4. ALLEVIATES NEUROPATHIC PAIN, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, AND CANCER PAIN

The analgesic effects of nabiximols, a cannabinoid, on central and peripheral neuropathic pain, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer pain, has been demonstrated in several studies. Currently, CBD is approved in Canada for the treatment of central neuropathic pain in MS and cancer pain unresponsive to opioid therapy. 

5. REDUCES SEIZURES IN CHILDREN

CBD has anti-seizure activity, reducing the severity of seizures in animal studies. Several case studies and anecdotal reports suggest CBD could be effective in treating children with drug-resistant epilepsy. However, these studies have been small, and need further exploration.

This is the one which is receiving attention in Australia.  Additionally, there are some university studies exploring it (since it is an anti-seizure medicine, and most mood stabilizers are also anti-seizure drugs) its use as a mood stabilizer.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

Currently Lithium Orotate 1.67 mg only.  I will re-evaluate this supplement in 2017.

#199 Roxy3

Roxy3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Has anyone tried medical marjuana with high CBD ratio,for withdrawal?
Prozac 21 years off 5 years
Benzo 20 years off 6 years
50 mg Amitriptaline started 10/15 still on
20 mg buspar started 1/16 still on
5 mg Abilify started 1/16 still on, tapering now down to 2 mg

#200 Muddles

Muddles

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands England

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

I know of someone who has had akathisia, dystonia and other symptoms for over two years and has recently started using cannabis and has total relief - everything stops and he can have a few hours of normality with his family. He was beyond desperate. Once it wears off everything comes back but at least he can have times of relief which must be heaven compared to it being 24/7 for so long.

I am not advocating cannabis here at all and I personally would never touch it as our symptoms are different. It's a gamble for some as I know a few people it backfired on.
2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.
Severe adverse reaction
Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.
Poop out - December 2013
15mg
Currently on 13.5mg,
April 12mg
May 10th - 11mg
June 10th - 10mg
July 8th - 9mg
September - 0mg

#201 woof

woof

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

https://www.projectc...sleep-disorders

CBD can increase Serotonin to help with depression and may become the new natural antidepressant.  CBD at low doses can also help with anxiety.

THC, Beta-Mycene & linalool appear best to induce sleep

2004-2015 Valium tapered off: 10% per week without any wd sx's except for one month insomnia after taper complete

2004-2015 Cymbalta 20mg/d No problems at all with Cymbalta, I just wanted to get off of all meds.  Nov, 25 2015 CT 20mg/d Cymbalta (194 beads)   

Jan 2016 Reinstated 20mg/d Cymbalta (194 beads) 5 weeks after CT. FEB 2016 STARTED Valium 25mg/d for CT Cymbalta wd sxs - TERRIBLE move.

Jan-April 2016 Held Cymbalta 20mg/d for 4 months. All wd sx's gone, except: 4/10 AM anxiety 9-1:30, 2/10 tinnitus & 2-4 AM waking then back to sleep. 

April 21 2016 my CT sx's had not resolved. Prematurely CUT -Cymbalta 20-18mg (194-19 = 175 beads), bad move, but my AM anxiety resolved, so I thought we were doing the right thing, May 21, 2016 cut to (158 beads) 16mg-stable,

July 04, 2016 cut to (143 beads) 14.5mg and had 10/10 wd sx's  Anxiety, Anhedonia, Anorexia, Fear, dysphoria, could not go back to sleep after 1:30 AM wake-up.

Nov 29th 2016 UPDOSED (41 beads) Cymbalta to full 20mg (194 bead) all sxs except tinnitus virtually gone. 

I plan to stay on 20mg/d Cymbalta.  Doing very well until started tapering Valium see below.

Valium taper - Jan 1, 2017 28mg-3mg=25mg.   March 11, 2017 25mg-2mg=23mMay 15 2017 23mg-2mg=21mg Supplements: Fish oil and Spray on Magnesium

http://survivinganti...key-withdrawal/  Benzo Posts http://survivinganti...ta-wd-symptoms/

#202 Macadamia

Macadamia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio, USA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

I've read this whole thread - been thinking about trying CBD oil, specifically Charlotte's Web, which seems to be one of the better brands. 

However, I found this bit on https://www.projectc...-users-manual. 

At sufficient dosages, CBD will temporarily deactivate cytochrome P450 enzymes, thereby altering how we metabolize a wide range of compounds, including THC. Cytochrome P450 enzymes metabolize more than 60 percent of Big Pharma meds. CBD is a more potent inhibitor of cytochrome P450 than the grapefruit compound Bergapten, so ask your doctor if grapefruit interacts with your medication. If grapefruit does, then CBD probably does, too.

As Zoloft/sertraline interacts with grapefruit juice, I guess that's going to be a no for me. 

Back when I was on Xanax, which also interacts with grapefruit, I accidentally took one bite of piece of grapefruit in a fruit salad - I had a big panic attack from it. I don't care to repeat an experience like that. 

circa 1998 - Xanax for awhile

2001 to present - Zoloft

circa early 2000's more Xanax for awhile

2011-2012 horrible 10 month withdrawal syndrome from too fast taper from Zoloft, also clonazepam during that time, reinstated Zoloft

Oct. 2012 new taper starting with 150mg Zoloft (10% reduction every 8 weeks)

Mar. 2017 8.3 mg Zoloft 

#203 Piapil

Piapil

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:34 AM

CBD oil 3 % being delivered tomorrow. I withdrew finally from AD 2 months ago. The past 10 days have been hell. WSymptoms bared their teeth very suddenly and unexpected. Today a good day-window. I'm hopeful. I take anti-psychotics. Does anyone know the effect of these and CBD oil ? I take a small dose after tapering for 7 yrs to a fifth.
I will wait till the right moment to start the CBD. The CBD is mainly to give me some peace and calm and stop thinking too much which I do find the anti-psychotics cause. Much useless thinking. I know my new psychiatrist is going to try make me change medication from the Zuchlopenixol to another anti-psychotic but I am more interested in coming off them entirely, which I will have to convince him to support me with.
I am wary of combining the CBD oil and anti-psychotics.
It's funny to read this thread from the beginning 2011 and to today and the change in opinion and accept of cannabis.
I used to smoke a lot of weed and hashish but haven't for more than 7 years. It gives me paranoia and anxiety mainly bc I don't do it socially anymore.
I'm relying on the CBD. I have a telephone support and I'm thankful for her. It's mainly illegal here, sort of a grey zone. But there are certain physical illnesses where MMJ is legal and you can get a script for it.
On psychotropic drugs since 1977. Current anti-psychotic Zuchlopenixol 6mg. Tapered from 30mg in 7 years. Anti-depressant withdrawn now 2 months after 4 years usage Cipralex (Escitalopram) 10mg. Cipralex withdrawal..2.5mg 10days, 2.5mg 10 days, 0.5mg for 1 week , shards as the last tapering. Finished 2.1.2017.
Tapering Zuchlopenixol. 2010 30mg February 2017 6mg March 2017 5mg

#204 Pzen

Pzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Any updates from the people that use pure CBD oil? For the people who try a mix of CBD and THC: I wouldnt do that if I were you...

Heres a link with a lot of studies regarding CBD, both done on humans and mice:

https://www.projectcbd.org/anxiety

Please guys, Ive read through this whole part of the forum and there seems to be a mix up between weed, thc/cbd oil and ONLY CBD oil. I would like to hear from the people that have stopped their medications COMPLETELY and hear the benefits (or negatives) of CBD oil.

Started Sertralin the spring of -13 and got up to 150 mgs (which was a mistake by my GP)

Decided to taper it form 150 mgs in sep -13 by reducing the dosage by 12.5 mgs every other week.

Got off Sertraline in Feb -14 and started noticing withdrawal after about 15 days off the meds.

Still experiencing withdrawal after 2 years and 5 months off the medicine.

#205 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationca

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:35 AM

Marijuana ruined my life. I've talked to many doctors who have said they have seen the same thing. When I was younger I smoked and had my first panic attack. Had anxiety and panic disorder ever since. You couldn't pay me to smoke. I've had countless friends develop mental disorders after using marijuana for a while, even ones who absolutely loved it at first.

You could be one of the ones who do not react badly to it, but you could end up developing worse issues than you are dealing with now. Not worth the risk Imo

Current age - 29

At Ages 16- 20 Celexa 40 mg 

2014- September through February of 2016 ( 18 months) Celexa 20 mg

Tapered for Several months

Celexa free since February of 2016

#206 risperdalhater

risperdalhater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Locationnone

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

Marijuana ruined my life. I've talked to many doctors who have said they have seen the same thing. When I was younger I smoked and had my first panic attack. Had anxiety and panic disorder ever since. You couldn't pay me to smoke. I've had countless friends develop mental disorders after using marijuana for a while, even ones who absolutely loved it at first.

You could be one of the ones who do not react badly to it, but you could end up developing worse issues than you are dealing with now. Not worth the risk Imo

And i'm sure marijuana has saved more peoples lives than it has ruined. Marijuana can make your conscious mess with you and leave you vulnerable to that but for some people it is a good medicine. 

i am no doctor but if one is in desperate need for help, i wouldn't blame them if they tried a very very small dose of THC.

In March 2016 i suffered from a paranoia/schizophrenic episode which resulted in me taking risperidone/risperdal 3mg for about 3 weeks along with a couple 7mg long acting injections.  i had an intense withdrawal after stopping cold turkey and i have been off risperidone ever since then.

#207 sollicitudo

sollicitudo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Ditto. Cannabis triggered an "anxiety disorder" in me over 10 years ago and is actually the main reason I ended up on Effexor. Safe drugs do not exist. That being said there is no doubt in my mind that it is helpful for some.

Effexor 150mg July 2011 - March 2014

#208 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Locationca

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

It's what ended up putting me on celexa :( I agree maybe it has or will help some, but it also can and will ruin some.

Current age - 29

At Ages 16- 20 Celexa 40 mg 

2014- September through February of 2016 ( 18 months) Celexa 20 mg

Tapered for Several months

Celexa free since February of 2016

#209 Jerome

Jerome

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

Hello,

I don't have the stamina to read far into this thread tonight. There seems to be a lot of questionable information. Here is the first example I noticed; I believe it's from post 190, by myndfull: "Smoking MMJ is the best way to ingest it. A study out of UC San Diego convincingly shows that cannabis smoke is not carcinogenic." I won't bother to refute that. I have a bachelor's degree in chemistry and around 30 years of clinical lab experience. I retired 10 years ago and became interested in CBD after I discovered it was effective (for people I know personally) systemically and topically in a number medidcal conditions, many involving pain, inflammation, or anxiety. Of course, there is much more than anecdotal evidence indicating CBD's effectiveness and potential as a medicine.

Unfortunately, a combination of huge sums of money, government incompetence, and a permissive, cowboy cannabis culture have combined to screw things up for sick people who need medicine. There are people, including MDs, who are committed to acting in the interest of patients, not businessmen. I don't think I'm allowed to post websites or URLs here, but there are a small number of good, reliable sites and a large number of lying scammers. One way I tell them apart is by how much they seem to be about selling a product, and whether the information they present is correct and internally consistent. These are the people with whom I align.

I'm familiar with hands-on extraction of CBD from various concentrates and from the whole plant. I generally use 95% ethyl alcohol (Everclear), as it seems to do what I need without significant fire or toxicity hazard. I have used thin layer chromatography (TLC) to separate and identify components of my extracts and tinctures. It's quite practical, and inexpensive. This is all to say that while I am not a professional natural products chemist, I can probably answer many of the questions I see here with accurate, reliable, and verifiable information. I don't have unlimited time or resources, but I will try to check-in frequently and hopefully be able to answer many of your questions.

I haven't done this before, so I don't know how it will work, but I do know I'm setting myself up as an advisor (not an expert!) and this involves responsibility and draws flak. I hope Shep or Alta or someone will be keeping an eye on me.

Here we go,

Jerome

No history of AD meds. Single dose 6 mg/day of Ativan (9 mg/d max!) for 7 years. Summer of 2012 I learned about IW sx and began the change to 3X day dosing, finishing in October. Big improvement in sx. Finally got under way with a hybrid [wet/dry] daily cut taper in Dec. 2012, at 0.0125 mg/day. I also take 5 mg/day of Valium and opiate pain meds. On medical hold, re-started taper 5/21. Cardiac sx put taper on hold for summer of 2013. Some of what I thought were wd sx remitted when I had the heart problem corrected. > IW sx led to 4X/day dosing, again definitely helpful. Fractured my left wrist in April, 2014, taper on hold again :angry: . Restarting 12/2016, at 1 mg 4 X day, ramping to a projected reduction rate of ~ 10 µg per day :P  This time, I'm not stopping for adverse medical conditions.

My taper method, which will soon be further simplified and contain corrected information, is linked here: http://survivinganti...ised/?hl=jerome

#210 apace41

apace41

Gold star

• Moderators
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

his is all to say that while I am not a professional natural products chemist, I can probably answer many of the questions I see here with accurate, reliable, and verifiable information. I don't have unlimited time or resources, but I will try to check-in frequently and hopefully be able to answer many of your questions.

I haven't done this before, so I don't know how it will work, but I do know I'm setting myself up as an advisor (not an expert!) and this involves responsibility and draws flak. I hope Shep or Alta or someone will be keeping an eye on me.

That is very good of you, Jerome.  There is a ton of misinformation about cannabis and a ton of interest in it -- that combination leaves a lot of suffering people as easy prey to those looking to profit off them.  Having your expertise to provide some input on things as and when you are able would be quite welcome.

Best,

Andy

Started Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg circa 2000; Sx Spring 2012. increased to .5 Clonazapam - no improvement; Started taper of K November 2012 (benzo sites said "taper benzo first"); increased Sert to100mg no improvement; Finished K microtaper in November 2014
Started Sertraline taper from 100mg in December 2014 by reducing to 75mg; Reduced to 62.5mg on January 1, 2015 and 50mg on February 1, 2015; Held at 50mg through April 5 when I got Rx for liquid Sertraline
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet on 10/5

Held through February with no noticeable change

March 2016 attempted to begin taper again but miscalculated into 1 week accidental updose to 32.5mg; dropped back to 25mg for 1 week; tapered to 22.5mg the following week; hit with symptoms and tried to stabilize between 22.5mg and 25mg.  Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy. Was dealing with horrible insomnia which had me sleeping once every other day.  Went back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016.  October 1 cut 4% to 24mg.  November 1 cut 8.3% to 22mg. December 1 cut 9% to 20mg.  Not great but functional. 2/1/17 cut 5% to 19mg.  Taking Spray-on Magnesium, Magnesium supplements, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Co-Q10, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine

#211 mammaP

mammaP

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 4,203 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

I tried CBD oil very briefly but can't say whether it helped or not. I didn't take enough to notice. My concern is whether it shows in blood tests, and I haven't been able to find the answer.  It scares me a little too, don't want to rock the boat by trying something that might undo the healing but would love to see if it helps the chronic pain. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

See how to create a signature here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many drugs for many years, prescribed diazepam first 1973, took occasionally. 3 or 4 tricyclics  for short periods.

1993 had a breakdown leading to 10 years of drug experiments with all classes of psych drugs.

2002  effexor. 

Tapered by counting beads from March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Also tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg -hold- Feb2016 46mg  March 8 2016 45 April 44mg  May 11  43mg June 14 42mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, pro biotic.

My story http://survivinganti...king-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Following every sunset is a brand new day

#212 Jerome

Jerome

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

MammaP:

I don't know specifically if CBD will give a positive EMIT test, which is the most commonly used screening test--it must be confirmed by MS (mass spectroscopy). My guess would be yes, because it's uncommon to find CBD products with no THC in them at all (CBD often works better in the presence of THC), and screening tests usually identify closely structurally related compounds as the same thing. Call a commercial lab like CW and ask them, I don't think there's any risk in that.

I hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

Jerome

No history of AD meds. Single dose 6 mg/day of Ativan (9 mg/d max!) for 7 years. Summer of 2012 I learned about IW sx and began the change to 3X day dosing, finishing in October. Big improvement in sx. Finally got under way with a hybrid [wet/dry] daily cut taper in Dec. 2012, at 0.0125 mg/day. I also take 5 mg/day of Valium and opiate pain meds. On medical hold, re-started taper 5/21. Cardiac sx put taper on hold for summer of 2013. Some of what I thought were wd sx remitted when I had the heart problem corrected. > IW sx led to 4X/day dosing, again definitely helpful. Fractured my left wrist in April, 2014, taper on hold again :angry: . Restarting 12/2016, at 1 mg 4 X day, ramping to a projected reduction rate of ~ 10 µg per day :P  This time, I'm not stopping for adverse medical conditions.

My taper method, which will soon be further simplified and contain corrected information, is linked here: http://survivinganti...ised/?hl=jerome

#213 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hey Jerome - thank you!

Yes, it is okay to post websites and reviews of those websites if you do not have any financial interest in them.  

Your opinionated reviews of the sites would be extremely valuable to this one.

Below the "Size" window in your posting frame, is a little link symbol.  You can use it to post links.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Feel free to post your recipes, too, as many SA'rs live in a place where "do it yourself" is the only way to make a thing.  

#214 Pzen

Pzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

Hi guys,

I'm one of those suffering of AD withdrawal and also one of those people that cant seem to accept what has happened. I've tried lots of remedies over the 3 years I've been in withdrawal:

- Amino acid mixes
- Glutathione
- Magnesium
- Vitamin D
- Vitamine B12 and B complex
- Multivitamins
- Fish oils
- Probiotics
- Anti fungals
- Low dose Lithium (not prescription)

I've probably tried more stuff than that, but I can't remember them right now.

So... the next thing I'm gonna try is CBD oil. I've bought my oil from a Swedish company. Every drop of the oil contains 10 mg of CBD. And the reason why I'm trying it is because I've read that it could help with Marijuana, Opiate and Benzo withdrawal. Wether it help with PAWS still remains to be learned.

I've also read a lot of studies on this site:

https://www.projectcbd.org/conditions

So here goes...

Started Sertralin the spring of -13 and got up to 150 mgs (which was a mistake by my GP)

Decided to taper it form 150 mgs in sep -13 by reducing the dosage by 12.5 mgs every other week.

Got off Sertraline in Feb -14 and started noticing withdrawal after about 15 days off the meds.

#215 Pzen

Pzen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Day 0: Took two drops (equals 20 mg) in the evening after a really stressful day. Managed to go to sleep at last.

Day 1: Little bit of a achy body. Little tingling and buzzing also. Pretty damn tired. Slept for 11 hours. Took one drop at 4 o clock and felt pretty relaxed the rest of the evening.

Day 2: Still achy body in the mornings. Not as tired today as yesterday though. Not so many racing thoughts, but thoughts and worry still there. Mornings seem to be the worst in general for me due to higher corrisol levels.

#216 mammaP

mammaP

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 4,203 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

MammaP:

I don't know specifically if CBD will give a positive EMIT test, which is the most commonly used screening test--it must be confirmed by MS (mass spectroscopy). My guess would be yes, because it's uncommon to find CBD products with no THC in them at all (CBD often works better in the presence of THC), and screening tests usually identify closely structurally related compounds as the same thing. Call a commercial lab like CW and ask them, I don't think there's any risk in that.

I hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, that is helpful. Here in the UK CBD oil is not illegal but there are now drug tests for drivers and one can lose their licence for driving with drugs. That is what concerns me. How long does it stay in the blood? I have been told that it can show for many days after taking cannabis, so presumably it would be the same with CBD if it contains traces of THC. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

See how to create a signature here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Many drugs for many years, prescribed diazepam first 1973, took occasionally. 3 or 4 tricyclics  for short periods.

1993 had a breakdown leading to 10 years of drug experiments with all classes of psych drugs.

2002  effexor. 

Tapered by counting beads from March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Also tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg -hold- Feb2016 46mg  March 8 2016 45 April 44mg  May 11  43mg June 14 42mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, pro biotic.

My story http://survivinganti...king-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Following every sunset is a brand new day