Finally tired of counting beads of you medicine? Tired of starting over and over again? Tired of dropping beads from the table so cats and dogs are already also on your drug? Tired of refilling the beads from the table back into the capsules and loosing beads?
Here is the solution:
As I am still on CYMBALTA and tapering down. I use 30 mg capsules which contain 290 (+/-) little beads here in Germany. If you live in the states or somewhere else make sure to count (only ONCE) how many beads you have in your capsules.
What you need:
- Print yourself a sheet of paper with rulers on it!
You can get different versions of rulers on this site for free http://www.vendian.o...3/paper_rulers/.
As we use cm instead of inch in Germany I personally use the file rules_cm_20cm.pdf but you can make your own choice.
- Print the downloaded pdf with your rulers on it on colored paper (I use blue) to have a nice contrast to the white color of your beads.
Make sure your printer settings are correct to get the exact proportion when you print the rulers on your printer.
If you printed the pdf it should look like this:
- Cut a piece of the printed paper so you get a sheet with 4 rulers on it. Now fold this piece of paper to get a nice little chute that can be placed on a table without tipping over to one side. Also make sure you fold a little bend at each end of the chute to avoid loosing beads.
This is how it should look like:
- Now open your capsule that you use and pour some beads into your chute. Make sure to have the little rascals exactly in one row and not piled up here and there. Done so you can exactly determine how many beads you have on 1 cm (or inch). Me using 30 mg capsules of CYMBALTA beads - I have exactly (always the same) 11 beads on 1 cm.
- Here we are – no counting anymore – MEASURE your beads! As I said I have 11 beads on 1 cm, I now know that e.g. 8 cm of beads in a row are exactly 88 beads. You can now easy calculate how many beads you have to measure when reducing the content of your capsule. In my case (290 bead are 30 mg) 5 mg has a length of 4,4 cm. So when I reduced my dosage by 10 mg the first time I measured exactly 8,8 cm in my chute.
- If you have measured your beads open one side of your paper chute and first pour the rest of the beads into a different cup. Then fill the exact amount of measured beads into a new capsule. As you see I use clear capsules to see the content.
It’s THAT EASY !!!
Let me know if this was helpful to you and what you think!
Best wishes and lots of health to you!
Edited by mammaP, 09 February 2015 - 03:45 PM.