SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

the Myst between Adrenal Fatigue and Anxiety

tompee

i am one who never believe in mental illness or something could never be cured. I believe that there is always the way out and that i keep searching for the root of all causes, i dont believe the anxiety and stress are the root of all cause. they are a part of growing up and people are ok to be worry.

but what is it affected when we stress for too long and too excess. what is damaged and what to be cured. because there must be something i can do to cure my anxiety and improve my healthy

finally i came across this syndrome which is called "Adrenal Fatigue". via DrLam Website. 

Adrenal Gland located at the top of our kidney sending adrenaline rush and control many of our anatomy. Too much stress. This seems to be one of the primary factors in adrenal fatigue. One of the problems is the hectic modern lifestyle. The lust for more (stuff, wealth, entertainment). The desire to "succeed". I’ve been indoctrinated with this "american dream" my whole life. "You work as hard as you can to go to college", then to succeed in college, then to find the highest paying jobs or create a big business so that you can live in the good suburbs in a house big enough for four families. You "need" two cars and pay someone else to raise and educate your children so you very rarely see them. All so that they can go to college and start this whole hamster wheel all over again. We are always going, but never asking "what can be affected?"

i have been lacking of sleeping for 6 years before panic attack came to visit. working under stressful environment, trying to create a better life for my family without knowing what is ahead of me. 

i took so much caffein and supplement that is human made, just to alert me up whole night without knowing it is not natural. 

i work as hard as possible so i can reach to my dream quicker than the others. finally one day my business became successful and yet i still keep expanding and continue living under stressful environment for so many year until one day everything changed. While i was watching tv, took 2 tablets of supplement to alert my mind. 15 mins later,  my heart became pounding and head suddenly so dizzy. the sweat came all over my body and panic attack suddenly hit me hard. i went straight to ER after the crash and and got fed by lexapro ever since.

Until now just to realised my adrenal gland has completely been destroyed like the rest of working hard people who still living under SSRI without knowing what has been damaged underneath the Anti Depressant. 

early of the month i was introduced to Chinese way of treatment of the unbalance Kidney Yin and Yang. ( not the kidney that we know of, in western )  After reading their herb's name and googling "how to cure panic attack with herb" and "best adaptogen". many pre-scripted herbal name are the same as many website that provide the naturally way to cure anxiety in western. ( such as licorice, siberian ginseng or maca root and many more. ) but with different concept. In Chinese the way to cure the mind is to bring back the balance of kidney yin and yang and that's just what i'm looking for. "the natural cure".

Many of my doubt has ended. because that i know everything is curable after talking with many natural doctor and reading about Adrenal Fatigue. the website also explain the window and wave period after the crashed and how body can recovering by itself and with the the right tool. it can speed up the recovery. now i'm 8 weeks away from Anti Depressant. and that i know something is different. Everything is slowly better, and faster . recovery is slow but obvious after knowing what my underlined problem is and get the right herbalist and acupuncture. 

Lastly, just want you guys who still under SSRI or quitting or jumping back or just started., to know that there is a for sure the light at the end of the tunnel. it is shining so bright that everybody knows our mind is not the underlined problem. it is ok to be worry but worry less will help you speed up the recovery. and it is nothing wrong with our brain but only a adrenal gland that is too tired and sending us the massage that they wanted to have a rest. The website of Dr Lam also stated that it is normal after the crash of adrenal gland. "you may be feeling tiredness, fearfulness, allergies, frequent influenza, arthritis, anxiety, depression, reduced memory, difficulties in concentrating, insomnia, worn-out, and the inability to lose weight after extensive effort you may be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome." but then it gets better because our adrenal gland has a function to heal itself at every crash. Do we still remember everytimes when we stress our face got burn and heart get palpitation. it gets better over a night. but this time the crash is just bigger than last time. that's all. SSRI withdrawal is time limited because our body is recovering so don't be worried no more. Stay strong and let the body heal itself.

p.s. watching the video on Dr.Lam website it explain a lot for Panic/Anxiety is caused by Adrenal Gland. so now we must improve our Adrenal Gland and helping it by not worrying.

Seroxat10mg/Lexapro 5 Mg ( Half Tablet ) since Jan 2012Seroxat 7mg Feb 2012Seroxat 5mg March 2013Seroxat 2.5 mg April2013, Off TranxeneLexapro 1.25 mg April 2013Off Lexapro 14 April 2013Reinstated Tranxene since 16 April (Heavy Insomnia and low agitating at night.)Reinstated Lexapro 1.25mg + tanxeme 5 mg 28 April 2013 (still experience insomnia and agitatin at night only.)Lexapro 2.5 mg + 5 mg tranxene + Zypraxa 2.5 mg 15 May 2013 (still agitating and getting worse)Seroxat 5 mg + 5 mg tranxene 20 May 2013 (anxious at night. Heavy Head)Seroxat 6 mg + 5 mg tranxene 24 May 2013 (dizziness and light headache)Seroxat 10mg + 5 mg tranxene 1 June 2013 (pDoc adviced... i shouldn't follow..dam)<p>Lexapro 5mg 20 June 2013
Lexapro 2.5 mg 1 Aug 2013
Lexapro 1.25 mg 21 Aug 2013
off 11 September 2013

current : 1g vitamin C + 300 mg magnisium + 3mg melatonin and Valerian root ( 4-5 a.m. ) working alright.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Tompee for such and inspiring and hopeful post.

In Chinese the way to cure the mind is to bring back the balance of kidney yin and yang and that's just what i'm looking for. "the natural cure".

I really don't know much about Chinese medicine, but it makes sense that intelligently bringing something back into balance, when we know it has become out of balance, would provide the most complete cure.

But on a wider scale, keeping our lives in balance would most likely prevent many other things getting out of balance in the first place.  Like you wrote in your post, spending all our time working, working, trying to get ahead, trying to get more, faster and faster, that's not living a balanced life.

It can be difficult to see what we are doing sometimes, because we are so brainwashed by our culture, and most people around us are doing exactly the same, it seems like the way we are living is normal.

It may be 'normal', but its hardly natural.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thank you Tompee.

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy