If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
- - - - -

Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD)

PSSD sex libido orgasm

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#469 oskcajga

oskcajga

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • LocationAppalachian Mountains

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:48 PM

Wow. Let's not get too worked up about this. So what if there's a plan to depopulate the masses through SSRIs, what does that got to do with your recovery? Is this discovery an excuse to throw in the towel? Human beings are capable of extraordinary feats. Check out the movie Lorenzo's Oil see the power of faith and what ordinary people can do in the mist of the impossible. They are people who recover from this and some have been on this very site. The human mind is still a medical mystery capable of amazing things. Health is our birthright. I browsed the propeciahelp forums and their recovery stories are nothing short of amazing. Even though the medicine is different, the symptoms are practically identical. I believe we can achieve the same results. I've been in the pit of despair, some of us know this place well. It's up to us to climb our way out. Rather then self terminate(easy way out), fight for the only life you have. It's unfortunate that many have to experience this. We need to all come together and figure this out. Be the best person you can be health wise, mentally, physically, spiritually. Do everything you can possibly can before you throw in the towel and that better be when you have honestly tried everything. Even then locate someone who is trying like (Ghost and others) We must fight for a good life, that's our honor. So we can claim this victory and say we survived. I feel no matter what, we must heal. Don't let anyone take your life without a fight! It's the only one you have. 

I'm going to respond to this comment.  What's there not to get worked up about?  We were seriously injured and we're here sharing our knowledge with one another.   Yes I know, humans are incredible - but let's not smoke too much hopium here - humans are NOT that incredible, after all we've basically destroyed most of the global ecosystems and scientists are confident that humans kill more species each year than at any other point since the Jurassic Extinction event 60 million years ago.   Socially, we've also created one of the most unstable and unsustainable societies every conceived, and we routinely poison our population with psychiatric drugs that do more harm than good.  In the past, humans did horrendous things to each-other, and we still do to this day (have you seen the news about Syria?).

I agree with Alto - it's important to focus on the positive to aid recovery, but let's not be unrealistic about the terrible things that humans have done to eachother and to the planet we live on - we need to understand our true nature in order to accurately protect ourselves FROM our sometimes injurious and menacing mainstream society.  Psychiatry is a weapon used by sick sociopaths and psycopaths to injure innocent people, to keep our population incapable of fighting back, and to control those among us who dislike mainstream society and have unique personalities that are not consistent with it's rules.  I would STROGLY recommend reading Whitaker's book Mad In America to get a better idea of just how sick and twisted psychiatry as a philosophy really can be - at almost NO POINT in their entire history have psychiatrists ever helped society, but have consistently injured and maimed their patients because they were so frustrated and incapable of doing anything to help.

The pain that we have experienced is very real, and PSSD is one of the most miserable conditions along with anhedonia that many experience.  When people come to together and share their experiences, there is hope just in the community spirit of the endevor and to know that we're not alone.  Knowing that we're not alone is incredibly important, and for this reason SA as a website is so incredibly important.   Yes there are other websites like the PSSD forum - but the more places to bounce around ideas and share experiences the more powerful this movement can become in my opinion.

8 Words of Wisdom about Adverse Effects and Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal Syndrome:

1.  Please do learn about this condition by thoroughly reading 1) Dr. Healy's website and SurvivingAntidepressants.

2.  Please read books like: 1) Anatomy of An Epidemic and 2) Mad in America.

3.  Success Stories do exist.

4.  Please be extremely cautious about reinstatements, recreational drugs, supplements.  Even low doses can complicate matters.

5.  Transfer all financial assets into your own name (hint: relationships end).  Do not spend money wastefully.  Keep your job as long as possible.

6.  Psychiatric drug "withdrawal" and adverse effects are serious neurological reactions to powerful "drugs" - do not take this condition lightly.

7.  These conditions almost never recognized by any medical doctors - hospitalization/appointments can be futile/potentially injurious.

8.  PSSD, anhedonia (no emotions), memory loss, brain zaps, etc are scary - don't worsen them by taking more drugs, supplements, and medications.

Stimulant free since September 20th, 2014; SSRI free since September 1st, 2013

#470 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,980 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

The population of PSSD sufferers on this site is relatively small. If you want to discuss PSSD, you would be better off participating on a PSSD-specific site where you would get more of a variety of viewpoints.

Discussions here too often are nothing but hot air, trading of bad information, and reinforcement of negative attitudes. That is not the objective of this site.

We do see people recover from PSSD. Like other withdrawal symptoms, progress can be very slow, halting, and frustrating. Having any withdrawal symptoms for a long time is not "forever" or "permanent."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#471 Spruce30

Spruce30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSomerset, England

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

While i agree Altrostrata that keeping a positive attitude is important while in recovery, i think it is understandable to not be able to maintain a positive attitude the whole time, especially considering the unpleasant nature of PSSD, and how long it often takes to recover from PSSD. Feeling as if you are permanently stuck with PSSD after not seeing much if any recovery after many years i think is a normal way to feel, even if people do eventually recover. I was wondering if your recovery happened all at once or if it was a back and forth pattern of improvements and then those improvements vanishing, until the windows eventually became "permanent". Also do you feel you have fully recovered from PSSD altostrata?

#472 madmeds1111

madmeds1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationjacksonville

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:24 PM

Wow. Let's not get too worked up about this. So what if there's a plan to depopulate the masses through SSRIs, what does that got to do with your recovery? Is this discovery an excuse to throw in the towel? Human beings are capable of extraordinary feats. Check out the movie Lorenzo's Oil see the power of faith and what ordinary people can do in the mist of the impossible. They are people who recover from this and some have been on this very site. The human mind is still a medical mystery capable of amazing things. Health is our birthright. I browsed the propeciahelp forums and their recovery stories are nothing short of amazing. Even though the medicine is different, the symptoms are practically identical. I believe we can achieve the same results. I've been in the pit of despair, some of us know this place well. It's up to us to climb our way out. Rather then self terminate(easy way out), fight for the only life you have. It's unfortunate that many have to experience this. We need to all come together and figure this out. Be the best person you can be health wise, mentally, physically, spiritually. Do everything you can possibly can before you throw in the towel and that better be when you have honestly tried everything. Even then locate someone who is trying like (Ghost and others) We must fight for a good life, that's our honor. So we can claim this victory and say we survived. I feel no matter what, we must heal. Don't let anyone take your life without a fight! It's the only one you have. 

I'm going to respond to this comment.  What's there not to get worked up about?  We were seriously injured and we're here sharing our knowledge with one another.   Yes I know, humans are incredible - but let's not smoke too much hopium here - humans are NOT that incredible, after all we've basically destroyed most of the global ecosystems and scientists are confident that humans kill more species each year than at any other point since the Jurassic Extinction event 60 million years ago.   Socially, we've also created one of the most unstable and unsustainable societies every conceived, and we routinely poison our population with psychiatric drugs that do more harm than good.  In the past, humans did horrendous things to each-other, and we still do to this day (have you seen the news about Syria?).

I agree with Alto - it's important to focus on the positive to aid recovery, but let's not be unrealistic about the terrible things that humans have done to eachother and to the planet we live on - we need to understand our true nature in order to accurately protect ourselves FROM our sometimes injurious and menacing mainstream society.  Psychiatry is a weapon used by sick sociopaths and psycopaths to injure innocent people, to keep our population incapable of fighting back, and to control those among us who dislike mainstream society and have unique personalities that are not consistent with it's rules.  I would STROGLY recommend reading Whitaker's book Mad In America to get a better idea of just how sick and twisted psychiatry as a philosophy really can be - at almost NO POINT in their entire history have psychiatrists ever helped society, but have consistently injured and maimed their patients because they were so frustrated and incapable of doing anything to help.

The pain that we have experienced is very real, and PSSD is one of the most miserable conditions along with anhedonia that many experience.  When people come to together and share their experiences, there is hope just in the community spirit of the endevor and to know that we're not alone.  Knowing that we're not alone is incredibly important, and for this reason SA as a website is so incredibly important.   Yes there are other websites like the PSSD forum - but the more places to bounce around ideas and share experiences the more powerful this movement can become in my opinion.

Great point. 

Buspur         Jan  2017 on and off.

Mirtazphine  Feb 2017 15mg once

Trazadone    Feb 2017 25mg once

Ambien        Feb 2017 5 mg once

Seroquel      Jan 2017 5mg once

Paxil            Feb 2017 5mg twice

Currently drug-free :)

#473 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,980 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Your pain and distress are real, but doing nothing about it but complaining on a Web site, volleying back and forth and making it bigger and bigger, is not good for you or the Web site.

Your sexuality does not define your entire personality. While there is much to mourn about abilities lost to drug withdrawal syndrome, PSSD, or other injury, it's in your best interest (and good for your nervous system) to develop other ways to build relationships and other interests to aid your healing, which may take a long time.

PSSD may halt some activities, but you should not let it and your distress over it to halt your development as a person.

Also, as I've explained many, many times, when you add worry, guilt, and anger to withdrawal syndrome, it puts more stress on your nervous system. This isn't to say those emotions are not justified, but for your own good, you need to turn your thoughts and feelings away from regret and revenge and towards healing. Later, you can calmly decide how you'll get even.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

#474 Spruce30

Spruce30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

I agree with what you are saying altostrata, and most days i am busy trying to develop myself as a person and build towards a better future despite the PSSD. Its just that some days i get overwhelmed with anger about how much these drugs took from me and the years i lost. I try to keep the anger to myself, but every once and a while the anger spills over and i have a rant. I am only human.

#475 Futurerecovery

Futurerecovery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

German researchers from the city of Ulm are interested in doing an fmri study about PSSD (not Post-SSRI PGAD/premature ejaculation). If you are sure that you have PSSD and if you are interested in taking part, please send an email to sulawesi1@web.de
There are several criteria - just to mention a few: you must be male, the sexual dysfunction appeared for the first time during the treatment and is still present after quitting the medication and you may not suffer from depression, etc.

German fMRI study about PSSD http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14351-take-part-in-new-pssd-study/

Please also complete this questionnaire in order to possibly promote Italian PSSD research if you have PSSD / Post-SSRI PGAD:
http://survivinganti...-pgad/?p=247055

#476 Gh0st

Gh0st

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

The PSSD forum has been reopened to all new members. Sorry for any previous confusion. All are welcome, and previous issues barring admission have been solved.

I've also created the following site for information on PSSD, which might help members here:

www.pssdlab.wordpress.com

and in particular:

https://pssdlab.word...pssd-resources/

Escitalopram 5mg 4 days Sept 14'

Adderal 1mg (Very Rarely Taken) (Not since Fall '14)

Trazodone 50mg: 1 week in Sept '14. Few days Dec 14'. 3 days Jan '16.

Experience with: St. John's Wort, Turmeric, Zinc, Inositol, Ginkgo

"I don't want to believe. I want to know" - Carl Sagan

Admin on www.pssdforum.com "Ghost"-----Moderator for PSSD subreddit  "GhostPSSD" (reddit.com/r/PSSD)

My Intro: http://survivinganti...scitalopram-wd/

My PSSD Theory: reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/46b4w1/ghost_pssd_article/

#477 Bobo32

Bobo32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

I'm one month through withdrawal
Anyone experienced partially erect penis and ejaculation while not fully erect during withdrawal?
Does it get better with time?

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax 2 months

no meds since march 2017

#478 oskcajga

oskcajga

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

Interesting interview with a 21 year old with PSSD:

8 Words of Wisdom about Adverse Effects and Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal Syndrome:

1.  Please do learn about this condition by thoroughly reading 1) Dr. Healy's website and SurvivingAntidepressants.

4.  Please be extremely cautious about reinstatements, recreational drugs, supplements.  Even low doses can complicate matters.

5.  Transfer all financial assets into your own name (hint: relationships end).  Do not spend money wastefully.  Keep your job as long as possible.

6.  Psychiatric drug "withdrawal" and adverse effects are serious neurological reactions to powerful "drugs" - do not take this condition lightly.

7.  These conditions almost never recognized by any medical doctors - hospitalization/appointments can be futile/potentially injurious.

8.  PSSD, anhedonia (no emotions), memory loss, brain zaps, etc are scary - don't worsen them by taking more drugs, supplements, and medications.

#479 Spruce30

Spruce30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Dr David Healy is urging people who suffer PSSD to make an official Rxisk report on the Rxisk website regarding PSSD. He has almost reached his goal of achieving the amount of reports he needs to compile and contrast the existing reports he has, to see if there are any similarities between the cases etc, and to see what the Rxisk team can learn from this. Please if you suffer from PSSD go onto the Rxisk website and fill out an official report. You can do this by clicking on the option at the top of the page called "drug side effect" at the top of the Rxisk page, and following the instructions from there. Every report counts towards this horrible condition being better understood and researched. Thanks

#480 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,980 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for that information, Spruce30.

#481 Spruce30

Spruce30

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

Thats ok. Dr David Healy has been emailing me as i asked him about what happened to the research on PSSD that was supposed to take place at Cardiff University. For anyone who would like to know the research didn't go ahead as the Rxisk team now think that PSSD is unlikely to be caused by a problem in the brain, but is most likely caused by a problem in the spinal cord or the genital area. Dr Healy didn't elaborate on how they had come to this conclusion. The research didn't go ahead as the high powered brain scanning was unlikely to reveal anything much of interest.

#482 Webhead21

Webhead21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

This would make sense because my legs are numbing at the same rate as my PSSD, but the emotional side of it is also a factor unrelated to the spinal cord. Also, my genitals would sting if I sleep on my side, I now have to sleep on my back hoping it wouldn't excelerate my PSSD. Another interesting thing is my legs would start to sting and burn and it would trigger my genitals to do the same. Excerise would help the stinging but numbing gets worse my the month. My whole body is less sensitive too.

#483 oskcajga

oskcajga

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Peripheral nerve damage.

#484 fema4psychiatrists

fema4psychiatrists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Interesting interview with a 21 year old with PSSD:

Sorry these have been moved over to a new channel!

Here  "Interesting interview with a 21 year old with PSSD:"

and a second PSSD interview with another young person:

https://youtu.be/hBH4kqA9QSM

If people could re-comment and like etc etc. It may help PSSD get more noticed.

If people can keep reporting on RXISK, apparently he is close to the number needed for the next step! So please as many people report your PSSD on rxisk if you haven't already. See more http://survivinganti...bout-your-pssd/

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

#485 Bobo32

Bobo32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

Has anyone suffered and recovered from soft gland syndrome? Please share your thoughts I've used lexapro for 2 months and I got this pssd that won't go away after 2 months off the drug
Thanks

2004-2007 paxil

2015- zoloft 3 months zyprexa 3 months lexapro 3 months xanax 2 months

no meds since march 2017

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSSD, sex, libido, orgasm