If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#469 DrugfreeProf

DrugfreeProf

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

My daughter, Lexi (Lex1992) had HORRIBLE insomnia early in withdrawal. In fact, it was one of her first symptoms, which was followed by a cascade of many other terrible symptoms, which at this point have abated to a large degree, except for some anxiety and cognitive symptoms. In other words, in many ways, she is much better, but she is still not back to normal functioning. In any event, her insomnia, which was absolutely total for at least a month if not much longer, has now pretty much gone away completely. She is sleeping entire nights, sometimes 10 - 12 or more hours, although from time to time that block of sleep moves from nighttime to daytime!  Right now, her sleep is sound and pretty normal!  So yes, there is hope for relief from withdrawal-related insomnia!

Drugfree Prof

Psychologist and Psychotherapist

Prozac 20 mg for approx 3 months during 2000, withdrew, no w/d sx

Prozac 10 - 30 mg Jan. 2008 - Dec. 2014

Ritalin 30-40 mg Jan. 2008 - Mar. 2015

W/d sx from Prozac started around 3 months after cessation--crying spells, depressed mood, lethargy; resolved in 8 - 12 mos. post cessation

Used and continue to use a TON of alternative methods--meditation, mindfulness, nutrition. supplements, exercise, etc.

#470 AliG

AliG

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,478 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

I was the worst case in terms of sleep. I had long term WD insomnia for 2 years.  I had the odd doze on the lounge but it was brutal with no relief for a long time . I sometimes managed to get a couple of hours sleep during the day when the exhaustion would finally overtake me.

I'm now sleeping normally . My improvement was quite sudden really. There is really no other explanation for my insomnia except withdrawal. I'm 99% improved but still have the odd sleepless night every now and then.  Having said that , I feel I'm over it and I usually sleep  approximately 7- 8 hours nightly.

I feel I'm doing better than most who haven't even had W/D , and I don't use any sleep aids including natural supplements. I had some success with Melatonin for a period of time but I didn't want to become reliant on it so only took it sporadically. I do feel it helped me at the time.

I know I get real restorative non - drug sleep now but it's been a challenge getting there. I was determined to avoid drugs of any kind.

Have I healed ?  I believe that I have and everyone can. It mostly takes time and patience.

Many SSRI's &SSNRI's over 20 years . Zoloft - 7 years .  Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and many more - on and off . No tapering. Cold turkey -  Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Drug free since May, 2014
             "Find a place inside where there's joy and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

#471 Daisies24

Daisies24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:23 AM

Petunia, DrugfreeProf, and AliG, thank you so, so much for sharing your stories of recovery and hope on this thread. Those of us still suffering with this symptom so need to hear these!

Catnapt, I am so sorry you are going through this. I do hope that these stories will give you some hope and encouragement. My insomnia actually began when I started Prozac in May of 2016, and when it did not resolve, I quit taking it in July, thinking that would fix everything quickly. But, the insomnia has been ongoing since.

Low dose Lexapro (5mg) for 1 year from roughly 2007-2008

Low dose Prozac (between 5mg and 10mg) for about 9 months from October 2013-July 2014

Tried another low dose of Prozac (5mg) from May 2016-July 2016 with constant horrible anxiety and insomnia

"Kindling" (I think) happened in early October 2016 after taking a high dose niacin; I woke up the next morning very sick and never fully recovered, developed strong allergies and intolerances to all supplements, medications, vitamins, herbs, chemicals, etc. after that

Late April/early May 2017--Severe adverse reaction to CES device with no signs of improvement after stopping

#472 Cookson

Cookson

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

Close too my heart this one. You can only really judge it on an individual basis and how uniquely screwed up your nervous system is. I'm sorry too have too say that, Probably not very comforting too hear eh? What I can give you is a cast iron guarantee that it will get better but it's going too take time and patience.
You must be kind and forgiving too yourself.
When this all began for me after putting my nervous system through the ringer beacause I thought I was indestructible doing very naugthy things too it my sleep was absolutely destroyed. My sleep had done a Dorothy and said goodbye too Kansas. I'd go two days without sleep regularly and even when I did I'd only get a few hours at a time.
I drank heavily every night for a month just too knock me out completely which just exacerbated symptoms making me worse off! I'd dread the entire day about bedtime knowing that I woud not be able too sleep and when attempting too sleep the horrid HORRID feelings of disassociation and terror you know I can't even give it the justice with words it was bad.
And now, besides a hiccup recently, 99% of the time I can fall asleep with ease. Best advice I can can give you you is you must be as relaxed. For me, I had too try too clear my mind completely. Feelings and even thoughts were stimulating! What worked for me well back then was melatonin and a hopps/valerian mix.
Rest as much as you can and stay strong.
What was especially problematic for me at bedtime was I had trouble entering R.E.M. I found myself constantly stuck in R.H.M which my doctor diagnosed as rapid hand movement syndrome and that it was a chronic condition. Gotta have a sense of humour through all of this. It's kept me going.
All the best
Cookson

2013-July 1st Citalopram 20mg ()

2013-August 19th ended Citalopram cold turkey

med free.  (Took them for 7 weeks)

When I was a child, I spoke as a child,

I understood as a child, I thought as a child;

But when I became a man,

I put my childish things away.

- 1 Corinthians 13:11

#473 Mimi11

Mimi11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Thank god for you Cookson and your sense of humour! I laughed so hard reading your intro in another thread. Please keep posting and making us (me) laugh. I need it. This is such a crazy journey. I'm here for you too! Although, not quite as funny as you are...but I try ;)

Celexa 10 mg (5years), 5mg (10 years). Prescribed for anxiety and panic. Started tapering July 2015-2.5 mg for a month, then 2.5 every other day. Kept tapering until October when I took my last crumb. 10 months drug free and WD symptoms are evolving constantly. 

#474 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,103 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

We have many people who recovered from withdrawal insomnia. I had it myself for quite a while.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#475 Cheryl

Cheryl

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWaterford Michigan

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

I found this blog on sleeping interesting. A portion of it is selling their supplements. I found the section in "Food and Sleep" with raw honey and CCT oil interesting. I plan to try raw honey first and I will update everyone.

https://blog.bulletp...ce-of-sleeping/
I was on Lexapro 10mg, once a day for about 8 yrs combined with Abilify 2mg, once per day and Klonopin ,25-.50mg up to 4 times a day. Prior to that multiple trials of various SSRIs and low doses of unsuccessful various mood stabilizers in anticonvulsant category with the same dose of Klonopin for a total of over 16 yrs.[/font][/size]Withdrawal from Abilify around Aug. 2015 and slow taper of Lexapro began late Jan. 2016. As of January 2017 I am 11 months full withdrawal from Lexapro and was .25mg of Klonopin at night.(went to .25 klonopin at night only somewhere in October)<p>**Update with my Klonopin taper. I was on .25mg at night and .25mg in AM with varying doses of .125mg during day, maybe once or twice on as needed basis. Starting in early September 2016 reduction of .125mg day dose was decreased to only .25mg AM. Over 2-3 weeks was down to .125mg AM for about 3-4 weeks. As of sometime in October down to only .25mg at night. As of 1/7/17 I am updosed to an additional .25mg at night, for a total of .5mg**

#476 Daisies24

Daisies24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Cookson and Altostrata, thanks for the replies! Do you mind my asking how long each of you experienced the insomnia? Mine actually started while I took the medication, and only worsened when I went off. It's been almost a year of this. 

Low dose Lexapro (5mg) for 1 year from roughly 2007-2008

Low dose Prozac (between 5mg and 10mg) for about 9 months from October 2013-July 2014

Tried another low dose of Prozac (5mg) from May 2016-July 2016 with constant horrible anxiety and insomnia

"Kindling" (I think) happened in early October 2016 after taking a high dose niacin; I woke up the next morning very sick and never fully recovered, developed strong allergies and intolerances to all supplements, medications, vitamins, herbs, chemicals, etc. after that

Late April/early May 2017--Severe adverse reaction to CES device with no signs of improvement after stopping

#477 UnfoldingSky

UnfoldingSky

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:04 AM

I'm having sleep difficulties lately, I am all over the place, sometimes I can sleep long periods, other times I wake up midway through the night and can't get back to sleep.  I'm finding this hypnosis video to be helpful though when I recall to use it:

It's also great as an active "change the channel" program, I had a massive stressor lately and it's all I can do to think about anything other than what happened, when I put this on though I can stop focusing on it so much.  Oddly I don't even have to pay attention to what the speaker says to get benefits. 

Partly recovered from AD withdrawal/reactions as well as issues with other psych drugs.  Also, I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions. Also due to the withdrawal/reactions I have had I may at times have cognitive problems so please keep this in mind when reading my posts (also please note, these issues are improving as I recover).

#478 lobster

lobster

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

I'm a good example of WD insomnia improving and then disappearing completely, along with your correct assessment of why there are so few posts about improvement and recovery.

During my worst, acute period between 2012 -  2013 I was barely getting 1 - 2 hours of broken sleep a night. Some nights I would doze off for a few seconds and then be startled awake, only to have the cycle repeat over and over all night long.

My ability to sleep properly has recovered slowly in a windows and waves kind of pattern, with it being disrupted by a variety of changing symptoms through the process.

Today, I can say that its 99% back to normal. Sleep is wonderful and restorative again and I never need to take anything to induce its onset. I reserve that 1% for the rare waves that I'm still getting from time to time and because I'm still sensitive to stress and some substances and these will also temporarily effect my ability to get a good night sleep.

I'm also an example of your correct assessment that when people start to get better, they visit the site less and therefore, don't post their increasingly more positive experiences or continue to document their ongoing recovery process.

You may have already seen it, but here is the link to our sleep topic:  Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Your sleep then sounds just like mine is now . very aggravating. I'm hoping mine improves soon .  

Lexapro 1 1/8 mg and 10 mg Propranolol. I jumped down to 2.5 mg lexapro from 5 mg on oct 2 where I had been for 7 months and went from 2.5 mg to 1 1/8 mg not sure when maybe around nov 2 went back up to 2.5 mg December 30 . May 13 small cut lexapro 2.5 mg down to 2.4 mg 9/4/14 dropped 8.33% to 2.2 mg 10/13/14 dropped to 2mg lexapro. Back up to 2.2 mg 10/15/14. Dropped to 2 mg lexapro 11/26/14. Dropped 10% to 1.8 mg lexapro 1/11/15. 2/23/15 . Cut of 5%.
3/11/15 cut of 5% 5/3/15 cut of 5% 6/3/15 cut of 5% 7/19/15 cut of 5%. Continued small cuts of 5% every six weeks or so untill October 8th 2016 ,last dose . Last dose was 0.8mg. Currently taking 10 mg propranolol in the afternoon. 1400mg fish oil. 250 mg magnesium, 250 mg L-Taurine, 500 mg Tumeric. 40 mg Zocore simvistatin.

#479 Kestrel777

Kestrel777

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSundance, Utah

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

I am tapering off of Lexapro and have trouble finding more than three hours of sleep per night. This was the case before I started the drug also. I am dealing with a great deal of health related anxiety, financial anxiety and CPTSD. Getting help with all of the above but I feel that if I could get a good solid 4 for 5 hours of sleep that I could deal with life more successfully.

Recently I read that Benadryl has been found to contribute to dementia. It crosses the blood brain barrier. I used to take Benadryl 25mg for sleep no more than 3 times a week, about two weeks ago stopped after I discovered a link between the drug and back pain not to mention the dementia news. 

QUESTION: What can I take to help me relax and fall asleep? Any herbal teas? I have hot flashes several times in the early morning but I am used to them. I won't take hormones. Sleep is of utmost importance to me right now. Sleep is healing. 

I am starting a cardio routine 45 minutes a day now. I am practicing Mindfulness also each day. 

Your advice is greatly appreciated. 

Kestrel

Tapering off of Lexapro after starting at 2.5mg 3/12/17, having bad side effects (nightmares, extreme fatigue, can't work). On 1.25mg today, 3/23/17 and hoping to quit soon. 

Other medications: Tylenol Arthritis 8 hour 2 X's a day maximum, Probiotic supplement, 1200 mg liquid filled calcium, 5,000 mcg D3, flax seed oil, B Complex sublingual. 

CPTSD, anxiety. 

I consider myself a Survivor and a pretty durable person.

#480 KarenB

KarenB

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,381 posts
  • LocationRaglan, New Zealand

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

You could look into a small amount of melatonin which some people do find helpful.  Have you tried all the sleep hygiene ideas in this thread?  

2010 May Fluoxetine 20mg. Raging mostly stops, become more functional.
2011 February Escitalopram 10mg (sudden switch). 2012 January Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Early June Feeling great, decide to taper. Doc advises alternate days 20mg/10mg for 4 weeks.  Late June Steady. Drop to 10mg daily. Early July Not coping, raging, flu symptoms, shaky, anxious, low, spaced-out, self-destructive.  Mid July Return to alternate days 20mg/10mg - minimal improvement. Early August Return to full dose 20mg. Lost.
2014 February Switch to Venlafaxine. (First reduced Esc. to 10mg/day for a week) Feb-April Lost, 'light' self-harm, exhausted.
April Increase Ven. to 150mg/day. Dizzy. July 75mg twice a day to improve dizziness. Deep depression remains.  2015 Feb Vigilant dose spacing partially eases dizziness. Mar Switch to Effexor 75mg 2x/day. May Cut 10% to 135mg - bad w/d 2 mths, held 1 mth.  Aug 1.3% cut - bad 1mth, held 1mth. Oct 4 wkly 0.4% cuts held 6 weeks. Jan 2016 2 wkly 0.4% cuts. 8 month hold. Sept Wkly cuts: 0.5%, 3 1% cuts.  Oct 4 wkly 1% cuts, hold 3-4 weeks.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamins E & C, magnesium, iron, MSM, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.  My story of healing: ContinuedHealing

***I am not a doctor or counselor; please do your own research and be prepared to take responsibility for decisions you make.*** 

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

#481 uncomfortablynumb

uncomfortablynumb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

In withdrawal is it normal to feel constantly wired? It is like I don't get sensations of being tired and drifting to sleep. I am feeling really sick from the insomnia - headache, nausea, weakness and muscle pain.
10/2006 - Celexa 4 wks - not effective 10/2006 - Effexor - kicked in within 4 wks at 112mg dose. Over 3 yrs worked fairly consistently well but began having relapses of depression and anxiety. Upped dose to 150mg or 187mg and was fine. On Effexor, I was always taking workout energy supplements2009 - Effexor started pooping out and tried adding Abilify to no avail. Then tried Pristiq which also didn't help.2010 - Back on Effexor at 150mg. Surprisingly worked again, but less effective. Slowly started losing Effectiveness over 3 years.2013 - tried Zoloft, Nortriptyline, and Wellbutrin. Each separately for 4 weeks. Didn't give longer because they all were causing heart and other issues. 2014 - back to Effexor and it worked just to get me functioning. 04/2015 - off Effexor after a 2 month taper from 150mg. Was doing well for 3 months off meds but still taking pre-workout supps. 07/2015 - stopped taking my pre-workout energy supplement because I was abusing it and taking it for long periods. Stopped that cold turkey and quickly fell into depression and anxiety. 07/2015 - back on Effexor. From July to August slowly increased dose to 187mg and it didn't do anything. 09/2015 - began weaning off Effexor 37mg drops every wk. Then half of 37mg for a week to nothing on Oct. 16. Cue W/D symptoms 11/01/2015 - reinstated 37.5mg Effexor for a day and quit because it made me feel worse. Then 10 beads. Gave up. 12/01/2015 - Doc prescribed many different week trials to address insomnia Gabapentin, Seroquel, and Remeron. Settled on 15mg Remeron and was completely recovered until winter 2016. Was weaning slowly during the year. Symptoms returned especially insomnia. Reinstatement failed. After no improvement and extreme sleep deprivation March 2017, desperately tried week or less trials of trazodone, elavil, and doxepin.
Experiencing severe insomnia dizziness,headache,brain zaps. Severe anxiety and depression. Mind is mostly blank - difficulty thinking/concentrating. Hard to socialize. Poor long term memory. Depersonalization/unreal feeling. Emotional flatness. No interest or motivation.

#482 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Have you seen the symptoms on this list: Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Reminder to self:      P A T I E N C E       I want to go faster    but I won't

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 24mg (from 19 May 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

Podcasts:    Let's Talk Withdrawal

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.

#483 uncomfortablynumb

uncomfortablynumb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

I read through this list. I don't know what would fit the description. It is like constant, unrelenting adrenaline pumping but I am exhausted and mental functioning is becoming really difficult.
10/2006 - Celexa 4 wks - not effective 10/2006 - Effexor - kicked in within 4 wks at 112mg dose. Over 3 yrs worked fairly consistently well but began having relapses of depression and anxiety. Upped dose to 150mg or 187mg and was fine. On Effexor, I was always taking workout energy supplements2009 - Effexor started pooping out and tried adding Abilify to no avail. Then tried Pristiq which also didn't help.2010 - Back on Effexor at 150mg. Surprisingly worked again, but less effective. Slowly started losing Effectiveness over 3 years.2013 - tried Zoloft, Nortriptyline, and Wellbutrin. Each separately for 4 weeks. Didn't give longer because they all were causing heart and other issues. 2014 - back to Effexor and it worked just to get me functioning. 04/2015 - off Effexor after a 2 month taper from 150mg. Was doing well for 3 months off meds but still taking pre-workout supps. 07/2015 - stopped taking my pre-workout energy supplement because I was abusing it and taking it for long periods. Stopped that cold turkey and quickly fell into depression and anxiety. 07/2015 - back on Effexor. From July to August slowly increased dose to 187mg and it didn't do anything. 09/2015 - began weaning off Effexor 37mg drops every wk. Then half of 37mg for a week to nothing on Oct. 16. Cue W/D symptoms 11/01/2015 - reinstated 37.5mg Effexor for a day and quit because it made me feel worse. Then 10 beads. Gave up. 12/01/2015 - Doc prescribed many different week trials to address insomnia Gabapentin, Seroquel, and Remeron. Settled on 15mg Remeron and was completely recovered until winter 2016. Was weaning slowly during the year. Symptoms returned especially insomnia. Reinstatement failed. After no improvement and extreme sleep deprivation March 2017, desperately tried week or less trials of trazodone, elavil, and doxepin.
Experiencing severe insomnia dizziness,headache,brain zaps. Severe anxiety and depression. Mind is mostly blank - difficulty thinking/concentrating. Hard to socialize. Poor long term memory. Depersonalization/unreal feeling. Emotional flatness. No interest or motivation.

#484 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?  It might also be cortisol http://survivinganti...ortisol-spikes/

Antidepressants:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (caused muscle weakness), Zoloft; Cipramil CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks soon after)

Pristiq:  50mg mid 2012, 100mg beg 2014 (mild Serotonin Toxicity)     Current:  Pristiq 24mg (from 19 May 2017)

Tapering history & graph

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

#485 uncomfortablynumb

uncomfortablynumb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

My blood pressure is pretty low-ish 110/70 and HR is 70bpm. Not sure about cortisol levels. Maybe I could do an AM/PM test.

#486 AliG

AliG

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,478 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

UC.

I read through this list. I don't know what would fit the description. It is like constant, unrelenting adrenaline pumping but I am exhausted and mental functioning is becoming really difficult.

That sounds really normal in withdrawal. In fact it's a perfect description. You could do a cortisol test if you felt so inclined. It may be on the high side which is really no revelation. It's to be expected at this point. Maybe it will be better next year. I just had a full blood panel done - my only visit to the doctor and my cortisol has started to come right down from just a year ago.There have been many other improvements as well since I quit the drugs.

Many SSRI's &SSNRI's over 20 years . Zoloft - 7 years .  Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and many more - on and off . No tapering. Cold turkey -  Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Drug free since May, 2014
             "Find a place inside where there's joy and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

#487 uncomfortablynumb

uncomfortablynumb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Thanks AliG, I am really having a rough time. I am desperate for some kind of relief because I am losing it now. I can only imagine what you went through. Psyc gave me three options - clonidine, seroquel, or to tough it out. The remeron reinstatement has not helped at all. I settled on 3.75mg for the past week but it hasn't helped at all.

#488 mFrustrated

mFrustrated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:40 AM

I am having issues with waking up at 3am. I go back to sleep, but it takes a while and it's super annoying. I dealt with it right after my initial reaction to ssris, but it got better overtime. I've had a pretty long & hard wave recently and with that, came waking up in the middle of the night. Anyone have ideas on what I can do to help? It's more annoying than anything.
mFrustrated

Celexa- 2 days (February 2016)
Paxil- 5 days (February 2016)
Zoloft- 11 days (February 2016)
BuSpar-2 days (June 2016)

#489 ChessieCat

ChessieCat

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Have you checked out the links posted in Post #1 in this topic?  Have you read through this topic?

Tapering history & graph

#490 Findingmyidentity

Findingmyidentity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSacramento, ca

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hello all. I've been on Paxil for the last 11 years. I started at 20mgs, and then the last 6 years or so i go from 17mgs to about 15mgs. Recently i went down to 15mgs and got terrible insomnia and night twitching. Does this sound like a withdrawal effect or could this be my anxiety about reducing my dosage? Any thoughts? Thank you.

#491 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,218 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:44 AM

Topics merged, from:  "Has anyone who suffered with severe insomnia for months from withdrawal, ever healed from it?" by Daisies24

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

Currently Lithium Orotate 1.67 mg only.  I will re-evaluate this supplement in 2017.

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!