The emotion code

coblerb

I recently read the book "The Emotion Code" and have been seeking treatment from somebody trained on the process. The results truly have been beneficial. The basis of the book which is much better explained by the book but I'll give it a try, is that throughout our lives we all experience emotions and some of these emotions become trapped within us. After a while the trapped emotion can begin to cause physiological symptoms, and that through releasing them we can heal the emotional and physiological problems. There are many modalities to release such emotions (Western medicine uses talk--therapy and psychotropic meds), but this book uses magnets. I think it's a great book for anyone to read even if it just gives you a different perspective, but for me I have noticed many significant changes in my thought processes and in how I feel.

Previously Discontinued:

• Darvocet 2011
  • Zoloft 2011
  • Wellbutrin 2012
  • Buspirone 2012
  • Topamax 2012
  • Savella 2012
  • Flexeril 2012
  • Lortab 2012
  • Ambien 2013
  • Lunesta 2013
  • Skellaxin 2013
  • Mobic 2013
  • Trazadone 9/2013
  • Seroquel 9/2013
  • Hyoscyamine 9/2013
  • Cymbalta 10/2013
  • Tizanidine 10/2013
  • Ultram 10/2013
  • Diclofenac 10/2013

Meds left to taper

• Gabapentin 2000 mg/day
  • Ativan 1 mg 4-5x week
  • Nuvigil 250 mg 4-5x week
  • Moderator Emeritus

That sounds interesting coblerb, I haven't heard of that before. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

It sounds similar to the Jungian "shadow self" - the emotions we "do not want" are stuffed away within us, and become the source of much havoc in our lives as they are undealt with, unprocessed.  Each shadow emotion has a bright side that gets locked away with it, for example, when you lock away arrogance, you also lock away self-esteem.  By gently processing them in a safe space (you cannot take them out and look at them in social settings or at work, you have to do it otherwise), you can redeem them, and channel the dark side of the emotion (in this case arrogance) to utilize the bright side (self esteem).

Beware anyone wanting to sell you magnets.  They're cute toys but my "BS detector" goes off when I hear a theory of personality to be fixed by magnets, "charged water," Tachyon, or even "special meditation CD's, only $50 each!"  

I believe that if psychiatry had followed a more Jungian rather than Freudian model of healing, we would have more awareness of these states of consciousness, and the archetypes to free them.  (not saying it's perfect, merely better)

And when did it become all mechanistic, anyway?  When the oil and pharmaceutical companies took over the AMA?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy