Great article in Al Jazeera on AD WD

compsports

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/22/patients-mostly-womenfindtroublegettingoffofantidepressants.html

Robert Whitaker pretty much says it all with these comments

Robert Whitaker, author of “Anatomy of an Epidemic,” agreed that more analysis must be made at a diagnostic level before prescribing antidepressants, and he cautioned that these drugs can become a life sentence because of damage believed to be done to the brain after extended exposure.

“Overprescription is much more pronounced with women than with men,” Whitaker said. “We just don’t have good scientific evidence that antidepressants lead to an improved life course in the aggregate.”

But proof is hard to find.

“No one cares,” Whitaker said. “No one cares about what happens to the brain when you go on these drugs.”

CS

PS - Thanks to Jayme Lynch, who posted the link to this article on the Consumer/Survivors Yahoo Groups List

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• Administrator

I hope a lot of people read this article.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Nice find.  I wish though that someone had outed the chemical imbalance theory in the article and mentioned how the diagnoses are created. 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy