Low-dose naltrexone - LDN anyone?

Apple123

(Just adding my own experience to this thread/the knowledge pool and revitalizing this thread. )

I held my lamictal taper from April 2023 and resumed 12/28/23. 

in that time, I took Ldn for neuroinflammation and mold exposure. It has been immensely helpful with my depression and anxiety and I felt more clearheaded than before. I felt this change in a very somatic level too, which was something I never felt on the lamictal, even when it was effective. With Ldn, I slowly titrated up to 3 mg and that dose seems to be working well for me and I’ve been stable and steady on it for a few months. So far I’ve had a very positive experience with it.  

I just resumed my lamictal taper a few days ago and I’m in the midst of my usual withdrawal symptoms. 
I’m figuring out how it combines with the lamictal but it’s hard to say on my withdrawal days. I’ll keep observing and report back later. But I’d love to hear about other people’s experience with LDN. 

1993- Ritalin (unsure of of Dosage 1996- Discontinued ritalin, started dexedrine (10 mgs) 1997- started Clonodine for sleep issues from dexedrine (tapered off of it around 2002)

2007- Trazadone for sleep (not sure how long I was on it, it was less than 2 years, could have been way less) 2011-  6 month taper off Dexedrine 
2015- Lamictal (250) 2015 - Seroquel, Latuda, prn gabapentin, PRN Propranolol, haldol and PRN Ativan (discontinued all (except Ativan, propranolol and gabapentin) 1-2 months after starting)

2017-Lamictal, September:  started taper down

2018- Lamictal-  March- down to 150, decided to pause taper 2018- Gabapentin- Discontinued PRN Gabapentin in October2019- Ativan- discontinued PRN Ativan immediately

2022- Lamictal- April- started the taper again

2022- Lamictal- Currently at 40 mg (as of 4/6/23)

currently 37.5 mg (as of 5/22/23) then I paused 

- Currently taking PRN propanolol  very infrequently might consider going off of it once my lamictal taper is done 

Current supplements- Magnesium glycinate, vitamin B, pure cbd oil,Vitamin D, Ginkgo biloba, fish oil, DIM, Skullcap tincture,

Intro post: Here

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lexy

• btdt

• Celeste

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy