SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Let's pray for one another

Zoe

Gods blessing and keeping to each of us. We are in Christ!!!

Amen!

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

I could really use some prayers.  I have been really struggling the past couple of weeks.  The smell hallucinations that I have been dealing with since Nov 2015 have been awful.  My anxiety is constant and taking a toll on me.  Everything scares me. 

Thank you for your prayers!

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

I prayed for you over on your main thread, O2.

Are you familiar at all with Claire Weekes? Her method of floating through anxiety - of not allowing our neuro-emotions to move our thinking on to further fears, is very helpful. Search for her here in the forums, and over on YouTube.

God is here for you. He loves you, and He has a good plan for your life. He will not let this withdrawal beat you. Remain close to Him.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

ShakeyJerr,

Thank you for your prayers. I greatly appreciate them.  

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

I too, pray for us all and appreciate your written prayers!  May God bless you all and continue to heal us

Just as Aaron's rod budded (basically a dry stick with no root), so too "there is often a dark night to be endured with patience for the sake of a new life (illustrated by the budding of Aaron's rod) beyond man's capacity to produce.  That resurrection life in its fullest sense, was in view when Jesus our Messiah (Saviour) went to the cross, and in no way is the servant greater than his Lord."

-Taken from "Against the Tide" by Watchman Nee

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

Could use a little extra prayer this morning. I am having a bit of an anxiety ramp up. Had one yesterday morning too. I'm starting to fear a new wave.

SJ

I too, pray for us all and appreciate your written prayers! May God bless you all and continue to heal us

Just as Aaron's rod budded (basically a dry stick with no root), so too "there is often a dark night to be endured with patience for the sake of a new life (illustrated by the budding of Aaron's rod) beyond man's capacity to produce. That resurrection life in its fullest sense, was in view when Jesus our Messiah (Saviour) went to the cross, and in no way is the servant greater than his Lord."

-Taken from "Against the Tide" by Watchman Nee

SJ, am lifting you up in prayer even now. Precious Lord, even now, you do see the very detail of our Healing CNS. You have created us fearfully and wonderfully. Please help SJ and each of us as we must surf these neuro waves. You have promised to bear us up and carry us. You have told us, your Grace is sufficient and your power is perfected in our weakness. Lord God, help us to accept our weaknesses because when we are weak, then as St Paul said, this is when we are truly strong!!! Strong in you Lord. We loath our weakness yet you instruct us to be joyful in our weakness that your power may rest on us. Help us Lord to be able to embrace in the deepest places of our heart and minds these truths. Not by our power or by our might but by your Spirit!!! Thank you Lord for your presence, constantly with us! Thank you for the truth of your word Lord, your word will stand forever!!! Strengthen us Lord as you develop your Christlike character in each of us. Bring SJ and each of us your perfect peace, which guards our hearts and minds in you, in your precious name Lord Jesus Christ we ask. ????

GrandmaD, yes, this is right on. Our Lord has gone before us in everything, especially all and any of our sufferings. He still goes before us. He is right here in the now, going before each of us. He has us, each one of us!!!!

I believe He WILL bring us through this dark place because He came to set the captives free!!! We have been redeemed and sprinkled by the blood of the PERFECT lamb of God. He knows the process and will carry us, sustain us, and help us to walk. Praises to our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!

SJ, am lifting you up in prayer even now. Precious Lord, even now, you do see the very detail of our Healing CNS. You have created us fearfully and wonderfully. Please help SJ and each of us as we must surf these neuro waves. You have promised to bear us up and carry us. You have told us, your Grace is sufficient and your power is perfected in our weakness. Lord God, help us to accept our weaknesses because when we are weak, then as St Paul said, this is when we are truly strong!!! Strong in you Lord. We loath our weakness yet you instruct us to be joyful in our weakness that your power may rest on us. Help us Lord to be able to embrace in the deepest places of our heart and minds these truths. Not by our power or by our might but by your Spirit!!! Thank you Lord for your presence, constantly with us! Thank you for the truth of your word Lord, your word will stand forever!!! Strengthen us Lord as you develop your Christlike character in each of us. Bring SJ and each of us your perfect peace, which guards our hearts and minds in you, in your precious name Lord Jesus Christ we ask.

This really helped me get through the night, triplem! Thank you so much!

SJ

Hello everyone!

I'm asking for prayers.

I don't exactly know what's going on here but I'm needing prayers for my husband and I. I've been dwelling on some past hurts & I don't understand why. I don't know if this is part of neuro-emotions that I've read about on here or what? I'm feeling hopeless about the way I'm feeling/thinking & were a bit worried about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers!

God Bless!

Trazodone 100mg stopped November 2016

Lamictal 200mg stopped November 2016

Celexa 40mg stopped 12-01-16

Abilify 10mg stopped 12-01-16

Wellbutrin XL stopped 6-14-18

I have been on some type of meds for @ least 15 years.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Hello everyone!

I'm asking for prayers.

I don't exactly know what's going on here but I'm needing prayers for my husband and I. I've been dwelling on some past hurts & I don't understand why. I don't know if this is part of neuro-emotions that I've read about on here or what? I'm feeling hopeless about the way I'm feeling/thinking & were a bit worried about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers!

God Bless!

Hi Jen -

Not only is it neuro-emotion, but it is a flat-out lie of the devil. Trust me, of this I know.

Dear Lord God - Oh, Lord, You are the all powerful, all loving, all good, all knowing, permanent God. You promise to never leave us ofr forsake us, and we are so very blessed by that promise. Help Jennifer to live in this promise right now, Lord. You also promise us in Your Word that You are our fortress, our hightower, and our shield. Protect Jennifer the neuro-emotions that are causing her thoughts to go into dark places - and from the enemy, who comes to rob, kill, and destroy. Free her heart and her mind from ruminations, from incriminations. Your Word states that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, intervening on our behalf, responding to every one of the devil's lies and accusations with His wounds and His blood. Thank You, Lord God, that You have freed us from sin and death, and forgiven us our trespasses. Help Jennifer right now to move her thinking away from that which You have removed as far as the east is from the west. Give her the peace which surpasses all understanding. Help her husband to process mentally and emotionally the test that Jennifer is going through. Help them to stand firm together, under the umbrella of Your love, held together by the Holy Spirit they both share. We pray these things in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, with the full knowledge and assurance that You hear us and care for us. Amen!

Go for a walk, Jen. Pray onto yourself the full armor of God!

SJ

Hi Jen, I stand in prayer with you and SJ. SJ is so right. The neuro emotions of fear and angst drive the ruminating thoughts. I had a very difficult day with this on Saturday. Last night I found and wrote out what Brassmonkey documented on Emotional Spirals. I think I found it under symptoms management under neuro emotions. I wrote it out so I too can continue the hard work of the learning of the process to better manage them , it is so easy to get caught in the downward spiral when experiencing a wave. Step back, call upon our Lord, take slow deep breaths, Notice your thinking, notice your own reactions, due to our own perceptions , know that our perception are probably not accurate entirely. Step away Jen by being very mindful and just living in the moment. Tell yourself, I am ok, my brain is generating the exaggerated emotions, this is not the real me. Jesus has me right now, He has given me His Holy Spirit of power, love and a sound mind. I feel xxxxx and it's ok, so what, feelings are just feelings. Let them just be present. Acknowledge, accept, and float with it. You are OK Jen. This too shall pass. Jan Carol said something like this, " there is only a grain of truth in the neuro emotion, the neuro emotion is the movie about the book, about the journal article, about the grain of truth. Find the grain of truth Jen, it is buried in all this exaggerated emotion. Know this!!!! It will pass. We are praying for you both, you and your husband. It's so hard, we know! ((((( hugs))))))

Thank you both SJ and triplem for your prayers and kindness.

I told Jason I don't understand this & that I absolutely forgave him so I have no idea what in the world is to why this is been on my mind continually and I'm just so hopeless about this being a stuck feeling. Dear Lord please help me!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

Triplem15- I hope you are right. I'm going to look at that & give it a read. Thank you!

GOD BLESS! 🙏

I wanted to post this here. This thread is spiritual in nature and I wanted to put this out here. It resonated with me when I read it and I asked, "Lord, surely this has been the theme of my own life. Over the years, I personally have pretty much thought I was the captain of my own ship, I have known and loved the Lord, but so often, on my conditions, on my terms. Since I have been suffering WD, I have had to look at so much in regard to who He is and who I accurately am before Him. This is the quote from Walter Ciszek, a Polish Jesuit Priest who spent over 20 years in a gulag in Siberia. The first 4-5 years in Solitary Confinement, mind you, for trumped up charges he was never guilty of. " For just as surely as man begins to trust in his/her own abilities , so surely he/she has taken the first steps to ultimate failure. The greatest Grace God can give such a man/ woman is to send a trial he/she cannot bear in his own powers and then to sustain him with His grace so he/she Can endure to the very end and so to be saved. ". Walter then goes on to say, "it was a pretty hot furnace to say the least, maybe nearly as hot as hell itself. Yet thanks be to God, I did still endure, and I had learned to the depths of my shaken soul, how totally and completely I depend upon Him, even in my survival and how foolish I had been to depend upon myself. ".

Just really spoke to me and wanted to share this with you all who might be interested. Thanks.

Calling for some emergency prayer!

Yesterday was a very hard day. And today is off to a bad start. It was/is probably triggered by 2 things:

1 - My wife wants to take her and our daughter away for a week's vacation this summer. Actually, I am invited to go too. But we have a very old, sick cat who has exacting requirements, and I am afraid to board her for a week (plus, that is expensive!). So I am in fear of being alone for a week. I don't have anybody who can come and take care of the cat twice a day, and nobody who can come and stay with me for the week.

2 - My back has been killing me. Heating pad no longer brings any relief. Several days ago, I took 1 Tylenol. Got some relief and no bad effects. So then Tuesday night I decided to take 2 Tylenol. I did this because I am an idiot. I did it because I was angry about the potential being alone situation, and because I was prideful that I deserved to be free of the pain and that I was a big boy and could handle 2 Tylenol. I then proceeded to have a rough night's sleep and woke to extreme terror. I had very bad tremors, and even that stupid "cold body" thing came back. Spent most of the day in terror. Could not gather my thoughts at times. And my back still hurt!

I slept better last night, but woke to racing thoughts. I have been trying to pray them away. But I am now at work, and the anxiety/terror is rising! And my back is killing me! It usually doesn't start until the afternoon!

I'm ready to quit and go back on the meds. Which I know is a mistake. But I want my mind and body back!

(Yes, I realize that on the meds, my mind and body were not mine either - such is the irrational thinking of neuro-emotions.)

So please pray for me!

SJ

Hi SJ.  I am so sorry you are suffering right now.  I have been praying for you since I recently received this post.  

SJ, step back from the emotion.  It will help to disconnect from the emotion. I know right when we are in it, it is so hard. Remember, this is the WD you feeling this. The real you is sound and intact.  Let the emotion just be there. Breath with it SJ.  ALLOW the emotion. Welcome it, it's OK for it all to be there.  Tell yourself the truth, you are in a wave. The healing/adjusting is occurring in the waves!!!!

Lord Jesus, we are but dust, please by your all sufficient GRACE empower us to walk this day.  Your power is perfected in our weakness. Help us Lord Jesus to relinquish control and accept the healing. It is occurring and you are right here in this with each of us. Help us to remember the battle is yours and it is not by our own strength but by YOUR SPIRIT that we walk.  Please make these truths be brilliantly alive in us. In Christ Jesus name we ask.  

SJ, we know the neuro emotion is so exaggerated and amplified.  There is only a grain of truth in the neuro emotions. Find the grain of truth if you can and let the rest go. Just don't go down the what if road. Let it go!!!

i don't know your med history SJ but I do know this, you CT. Your CNS will need lots of time to heal. I would not myself make a recommendation to you on the drugs as I do not feel qualified. However, reinstatement option and at how much of a dose would be discussed with the mods.  After all I have read, even if you do RI at a small dose, it will take time to stabilize.  Everyone is different. I was never off of my med entirely and I had to RI to a slightly higher dose. I have been sitting on this quite small dose for nearly 14 months and I am improving but not at good and steady.  I tell you this because This is a VERY SLOW process and there is no quick fix. I believe seeking a quick fix is what brought many of us here to begin with. As hard as this is and it is so hard, we must learn to BE IN it.  TIME is the greatest element for healing and the strength of our Lord to see us through!!!  This is so Hard!!!  Cry out to our Lord for strength and perseverance and perspective. He is our shield and our wall of defense.  Lifting you up SJ!!!!  Jamie. 

SJ, just wondering if you have tried any of Dr Claire Weeks technique for working your anxiety??  The technique is simple but the work is not, meaning it requires us to practice it over and over and over.  We may become masters of this technique over each of our given time frames for recovery.  Practice we must though, in her two words, "utter acceptance " of all and every symptom.  Also, if you haven't done so already,  go to success stories and read PUG's recent success story and Irishwill, and Nadia.  They and many others have cold turkeyed and have all recovered. Thanks be to God!!!  SJ, we too will recover, not in our time frame. This is the hard part. SJ, he will NEVER Leave us or forsake us,  psalm 139, all of it but specifically verse 10, helps my heart. Even hear SJ, in WD, His mighty hand guides us, His strong Right hand holds us fast!!!  Also, here on the site, read the best of SA.  There is some really good stuff there on what others have said regarding WD.  This too shall pass, one moment at a time.  Jamie. 

Thanks, Jamie!

Yes, I am a big Claire Weekes fan! But boy, when a big terror wave hits, I forget her and all of my other tools.

Your prayers are very effective for me! {{{HUGS}}}

SJ

Heavenly father, I lift up Lexanger to you in her deepest need and darkest struggle and pray for her now.

May the Lord bless you, and keep you and give you strength and may you find comfort in Jesus' arms, for he is our shepherd and we are just His little lambs.  Much love x

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

5 hours ago, grandmaD said:

Heavenly father, I lift up Lexanger to you in her deepest need and darkest struggle and pray for her now.

May the Lord bless you, and keep you and give you strength and may you find comfort in Jesus' arms, for he is our shepherd and we are just His little lambs.  Much love x

Amen!

Hello all, Lord please keep each of us this day.  Never let our feet be moved.  Even here your hand will guide us, your strong right hand holds us secure.  Fill each of us with your Holy Spirit and your perfect peace. Help each of us this day to trust your perfect care and keeping of each of us. Lord, you have promised to fulfill YOUR purposes for each of our lives. Please do this. Never let our hope in you be put to shame Lord. Every minute detail Lord, your divine providence for every minute detail. I Christ Jesus name we pray.  Amen.  

7 minutes ago, triplem15 said:

Hello all, Lord please keep each of us this day.  Never let our feet be moved.  Even here your hand will guide us, your strong right hand holds us secure.  Fill each of us with your Holy Spirit and your perfect peace. Help each of us this day to trust your perfect care and keeping of each of us. Lord, you have promised to fulfill YOUR purposes for each of our lives. Please do this. Never let our hope in you be put to shame Lord. Every minute detail Lord, your divine providence for every minute detail. I Christ Jesus name we pray.  Amen.  

Amen!

I wanted to add some encouragement here about how God intervenes on our behalf...

I had a pretty  busy day this past Saturday. Did chores at home all morning. Then we went to my mother-in-law's house and started helping get the back yard ready for summer. I used to not go to this yearly ritual; heck, my wife used to not tell me it was even going on in the past because I was such a divisive, unhelpful SOB on the meds. But she let "new" me know - and "new" me volunteered to go! And I helped out. There's so much to like about "new" me.

On Sunday, we went to church. The service was very good. But part of the message landed hard on me when the pastor spoke about husbands being abusive - even verbally - to their wives. It brought up some past guilt/remorse over how I treated my wife over the past 11 years. But I was able to process what was said (especially in light of what I wrote above) without it becoming a full-blown trigger. The whole thing was a prime example of what the Pastor had spoken about last week - how after a victory, opposition comes rushing in.

So all in all, it was a weekend of examples of how the enemy tries to mess you up, but no weapon formed against us will prosper as God works together all things for the good of those who love Him!

Remember that - God is working on our behalf. He has a plan and a purpose, even for this time of recovery. Listen for His voice, grab on to His messages during the day, and you will prosper under His hand!

SJ

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, ShakeyJerr said:

I wanted to add some encouragement here about how God intervenes on our behalf...

I had a pretty  busy day this past Saturday. Did chores at home all morning. Then we went to my mother-in-law's house and started helping get the back yard ready for summer. I used to not go to this yearly ritual; heck, my wife used to not tell me it was even going on in the past because I was such a divisive, unhelpful SOB on the meds. But she let "new" me know - and "new" me volunteered to go! And I helped out. There's so much to like about "new" me.

On Sunday, we went to church. The service was very good. But part of the message landed hard on me when the pastor spoke about husbands being abusive - even verbally - to their wives. It brought up some past guilt/remorse over how I treated my wife over the past 11 years. But I was able to process what was said (especially in light of what I wrote above) without it becoming a full-blown trigger. The whole thing was a prime example of what the Pastor had spoken about last week - how after a victory, opposition comes rushing in.

So all in all, it was a weekend of examples of how the enemy tries to mess you up, but no weapon formed against us will prosper as God works together all things for the good of those who love Him!

Remember that - God is working on our behalf. He has a plan and a purpose, even for this time of recovery. Listen for His voice, grab on to His messages during the day, and you will prosper under His hand!

SJ

I am thankful for another sunny day........well, maybe cloudy and cooler day.  And Monday........oh, Mondays.........how the week stretches out in front of me so I can do whatever it is I need to do to continue to grown and learn and be whoever I am meant to be.

I am a peaceful person.......this I know.

I might need a few positive intentions/prayers/what haveyous sent out on my behalf today..........patience, tolerance, etc.  To stay open.  To stay present.  To know that I am covered by the One who loves me.  I am thankful for my many lessons throughout my life.

ShakeyJerr,

I'm not sure why I copied yours.........testing the quotes maybe.........wishing summer came later here and hoping I can get moving cheerfully on my own yard space when the roofers have gone.  Perhaps a trigger from yours.......regarding verbally abusive husbands........or Pastors or something or other.  None the less........tis okay.

Needing help with my perceptual shift I think.  Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

Love, peace, recovery/healing, and continued growth,

manymoretodays

monday, monday, monday.........a fine friend of mine.......

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay ShakeyJerr, 

I know what it is now.  For me.......I mean and just for me..........I still get perturbed a bit by Pastors and Sermons whose interpretation of scripture or life is so fixed.......I mean their interpretation of The Great Ones/G-D meanings and all........that Great and Glorious Mystery.  It is great that it worked for or spoke to you a bit though.  And I do sincerely mean that.

Prayers, positive intentions, what have yous for healing to you all.

Love,

mmt(a work in progress)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I have been greatly blessed by the scripture verse 2 Corinthians 12:9. And I personally like to follow up with commentary often, so here is the commentary on this verse which also blesses me so very much and might for some of you also;  

" It is a sufficient answer to my prayer if I have the solemn promise of the redeemer that I shall be upheld and never sink under the burden of my heavy woe. 

The promised grace race of Christ as sufficient to support me is of more value than would be the mere removal of any bodily affliction. 

I never lose lose anything by suffering and affliction, if I may obtain the favor of Christ by this trial, I am a gainer. The favor of the redeemer is more than compensation for all I endure. 

I am a gainer by trial, I will ultimately benefit from this trial. I do not know anyone who would exchange the advantages gained in affliction for all the undisturbed comfort of the worlds prosperity. 

If God wills my trial endures, the GRACE will also endure and NEVER FAIL me. This grace is different than salvation grace, this grace dwells in me and surrounds me!  I rest in this grace, this grace is a tabernacle or tent over me. 

My Lord has more need of my weakness than my strength. It is when I am conscious that I AM feeble and when I feel my needof aid that my redeemer manifests His power to uphold, and imparts His purest consolations. 

Gods way is not to take His children out of trials, but to give us strength to bear up against and in them. 

The power of Christ, all Gods power is represented as a garrison, ( a military troop stationed to defend), about me, sheltering, preserving, and protecting me in every form and shape. "

Now, I would absolutely love to be free from all of the WD issues I personally am experiencing and I am confident we all would be, like yesterday!!!!  But, we are here in this very difficult place. I know for me, without a shadow of a doubt that if I must go through this, and I must, I would rather, any moment of any amount of time, want my redeemer in this with me and fighting for me.  I choose to believe and even this is by Grace!!!

That's beautiful stuff there, triplem!

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes......very nice triplem.

I think it's the "after a victory opposition rushes in" statement now, ShakeyJerr.  Kind of could become a self fulfilling prophecy.  Also anytime anyone mentions weapons and armoring up and all that sort of thing........well, it's just not for me........even though you referred to it as a weapon against us people of faith or spirit.

Yah.....as triplem said.......just my own commentary for self really.  Again, glad you found understanding and comfort.  So good to find the positives in our journeys with W/D.

mmt

ps.....and shoot, got busy and left myself signed in all day..........:wacko:

The devil used my young daughter (10) to push a particular button on me - her use/obsession with her tablet and with TV. We keep a tight reign on her usage because she gets so single-minded and downright rude when she uses them too much. But last night we clashed over it and I became overly frustrated, which frustrated my wife.

But the thing that was the real heart-punch to me is that I specifically paused before entering the house to pray for peace for the evening and for the fruit of the spirit to prevail - and it did not. So I got disappointed/angry/confused with God.

It all led to a difficult evening and some bad symptoms this morning. So if you all could lift me up in prayer for my symptoms (anxiety, tremors) and to help me get a deeper revelation of how to rely on God when the testing times/trials come, I would surely appreciate it.

SJ

Heavenly Father, we bring our friend SJ into your presence and love.  Give him a revelation of your acceptance and forgiveness. Help him to forgive himself and give hour strength to endure this dark night. Amen

SJ  I am becoming more aware of attacks in this similar area upon our “parenthood”.  What I see is a lot of self-condemnation, but there is NO CONDEMNATION for those in Christ Jesus, is there? (Rom. 8)

Also attacks of regret for past mistakes and failures.  As I was thinking about this on my walk this morning, I saw the sheep and it came to mind that we are “the sheep of His pasture” (and it also came to mind that they are stinky, stupid and ugly!  They don’t have a leader (no Shepherds anymore in Australia) and follow one another blindly.  BUT

The Lord reminded me that when our Heavenly Father looks at us, he sees the blood of Jesus first, and then our beautiful white robes of white linen, without spot, stain, blemish or wrinkle and we are acceptable and loved by Him!  And that he is our Shepherd! (Ps. 23)

I think in w/d the attacks, like everything else, are much worse because of that neuro thing.  The battle is NOT OURS, read Jehoshophat’s prayer in 2 Chron. 20 and Jahaziel’s word of the Lord to Jehoshophat.

PS  I find it very interesting that whatever she reads and watches affects her attitude!  It is good that you keep a tight reign on it.  I was a single mum and had exactly the same issue with my eldest son with tv (no tablets, computers, phones, etc. back then).  It was such an issue with him that he left home to live with his abusive, alcoholic father at the age of 16.  This is the same son who is now 44 years old and suicidal!  Keep up the good work with your discipline, these are tough days we are living in and it's not getting any better!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy