SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Let's pray for one another

Zoe

Thank you, grandmaD for your prayers and insights! He is indeed our Good Shepherd!

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

In my struggle to make sense of my suffering, I gained some nuggets here and there from some books I read.

One was about a US marine seal who went with several buddies to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban.  I think it was called Lone Survivor by Markus Luttrell.   Not overly Christian in content, but several references to God which were interesting.  Many questions as to why his buddies died, why he was left and several incidents that seemed too good to be true, etc (miracles?)

Another one, is a very old one (from second hand shop) called “Signs in the Storm” by Joseph Nemes dated in the 1950’s so probably hard to find, but definitely worth reading if you can find it.  About the challenges of a man’s faith during war when he was taken as prisoner of war.  Strangely, I could relate to all of his experiences, even though it was different to w/d!

Currently I am reading “Against the tide” by Watchman Nee and how he coped with persecution.  One of the things that stood out for me was his comment about “having to learn to be broken,” just as Jacob learnt that once touched by God we are made permanently crippled, but in doing so, we learn that God is our strength – which also goes along the lines that was said on this thread about letting go of control and allowing God to do the driving, and to stop asking why?  NOT EASY!  I guess it all comes down to a test of our faith – will we continue to trust in the Lord or not?

While I have many questions as to “why?” also I see many small prayers answered that seem insignificant, while myself and many others have to struggle through this hell, not to mention what many believers are going through with persecution overseas.

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

Dear Lord God - Help me, help all of us in recovery from Antidepressant use, to have peace in our minds today and every day. Your word tells us that sometimes You allow the devil to sift us like wheat, but it also promises us that You will provide the peace and strength to stand against the schemes of the enemy. The devil is attempting to use old wounds and personality traits that I must be freed from to steal my joy and to set back my recovery. I ask that You help me to give control of my thoughts to You, Lord God, to make my thoughts captive to Christ, to think upon that which is noble and true and loving. Cast Satan far from me, far from all of Your children. Let us see Your strength made perfect in our weakness. Guard our hearts and mind with the peace that surpasses all understanding. I rebuke the devil and cast out his demons in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ! Holy Spirit, please fill us with Your fruit. Be gentle with us. In Jesus name I pray! Amen!

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

I had contemplated opening up a new topic for the following idea/request in the relationships section, but this is the thread where the praying folk come, so I decided to do it here.

I think in addition to praying for each other, we should be praying for each other's family and friends as well. They can come under considerable strain and demonic attack during our recovery.

So in that vein, I am making a request:

Please pray for my wife and daughter - let's call them ShakeyNanna and ShakeyKay.

ShakeyNanna took a very hard new job just as I entered into full-blown withdrawal. And quite frankly, the job is crushing her soul. I think it would have crushed her soul regardless, but add to it me being in recovery, and the strain is intensified. It is a very time demanding, attention demanding, brain demanding job with exacting standards and unreasonable expectations. But it provides the bulk of our income and our health insurance. Under normal circumstances, I would tell her to quit and look for another job. But we cannot afford that to happen. So the work is cutting into her spirit, her time with us, and her peace of mind.

As for ShakeyKay, she has always had some emotional issues, mainly given having to grow up with me being an unpredictable anger/rage-aholic while on the meds. Now the poor girl, just 10 years old, has to watch her daddy go through recovery, which can be a disturbing/scary thing. She also has had several bad experiences at school which have served to harm her spirit.

So I am asking that we all lift up ShakeyNanna and ShakeyKay in prayer so that their spirits are strengthened, their hearts are soothed, and their joy is complete!

Thank you, my friends and fellow recoverers!

SJ

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/16/2017 at 2:16 AM, grandmaD said:

In my struggle to make sense of my suffering, I gained some nuggets here and there from some books I read.

One was about a US marine seal who went with several buddies to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban.  I think it was called Lone Survivor by Markus Luttrell.   Not overly Christian in content, but several references to God which were interesting.  Many questions as to why his buddies died, why he was left and several incidents that seemed too good to be true, etc (miracles?)

Another one, is a very old one (from second hand shop) called “Signs in the Storm” by Joseph Nemes dated in the 1950’s so probably hard to find, but definitely worth reading if you can find it.  About the challenges of a man’s faith during war when he was taken as prisoner of war.  Strangely, I could relate to all of his experiences, even though it was different to w/d!

Currently I am reading “Against the tide” by Watchman Nee and how he coped with persecution.  One of the things that stood out for me was his comment about “having to learn to be broken,” just as Jacob learnt that once touched by God we are made permanently crippled, but in doing so, we learn that God is our strength – which also goes along the lines that was said on this thread about letting go of control and allowing God to do the driving, and to stop asking why?  NOT EASY!  I guess it all comes down to a test of our faith – will we continue to trust in the Lord or not?

While I have many questions as to “why?” also I see many small prayers answered that seem insignificant, while myself and many others have to struggle through this hell, not to mention what many believers are going through with persecution overseas.

Cool, thanks for the book list grandmaD.

Always.......ShakeyJerr........praying for us all and all our loved ones.  Nice to have names too, even aliases. 

Best, mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I'm posting to ask everyone to keep me in your prayers. I'm still struggling with awful depression. I'm trying to lean on The Lord and trust in Him. This is the hardest 6 months I've ever had to endure & I don't know what's to come. Thank you & God Bless!

Trazodone 100mg stopped November 2016

Lamictal 200mg stopped November 2016

Celexa 40mg stopped 12-01-16

Abilify 10mg stopped 12-01-16

Wellbutrin XL stopped 6-14-18

I have been on some type of meds for @ least 15 years.

GOD BLESS! 🙏

1 hour ago, Jennifer78 said:

I'm posting to ask everyone to keep me in your prayers. I'm still struggling with awful depression. I'm trying to lean on The Lord and trust in Him. This is the hardest 6 months I've ever had to endure & I don't know what's to come. Thank you & God Bless!

I'll tell you what's to come, Jen - what's to come is your recovery and great revelations of who God is and who He created you to be!

Dear Lord God, we love You and praise Your Holy Name for all that You are doing in Jennifer's life here in recovery! You are an awesome and mighty God - the God of joy and peace - and we ask You to give Jennifer Your loving, Abba-Father touch today. Take her to the next stage of her recovery, Lord God, with supernatural grace and mercy. Lift her head and show her the happiness You have in store for her! In Jesus' mighty Name we pray! Amen!

SJ

SJ, today in a word, in the midst of my own suffering, the word recovery, from your prayer speaks to me.  Even though it doesn't feel like anywhere near it, I guess no feeling it, doesn't change the fact that we are recovering.  Oh precious Savior, redeemer of each of us, bring us through to full recovery by your Grace and faithfulness. You have promised that your plans are to prosper us, to give us a hope and a future. You know the good plans you have for us, help each of us relinquish ourselves to your plans, your teaching and molding, your healing in every area you would heal us in, body, soul and spirit. According to your perfect will. Lord Shepherd you know exactly where each of us is. You know the fear, angst, depression we feel and to the very degree we feel it. Please embrace us in it, enable us to know that while we are in this difficult and dark place, you are here in it with us. You uphold us, you whisper your love and comfort to us. We have placed our hope in you, you have promised we will never be disappointed in You. You go before us, you fight for us, help us to accept this place we are in and in quietness and trust, just hold onto you, your goodness and your perfect love. Save us Lord in every way imaginable.  In Christ Jesus name we ask. Amen. 

On 6/18/2017 at 8:06 PM, triplem15 said:

SJ, today in a word, in the midst of my own suffering, the word recovery, from your prayer speaks to me.  Even though it doesn't feel like anywhere near it, I guess no feeling it, doesn't change the fact that we are recovering.  Oh precious Savior, redeemer of each of us, bring us through to full recovery by your Grace and faithfulness. You have promised that your plans are to prosper us, to give us a hope and a future. You know the good plans you have for us, help each of us relinquish ourselves to your plans, your teaching and molding, your healing in every area you would heal us in, body, soul and spirit. According to your perfect will. Lord Shepherd you know exactly where each of us is. You know the fear, angst, depression we feel and to the very degree we feel it. Please embrace us in it, enable us to know that while we are in this difficult and dark place, you are here in it with us. You uphold us, you whisper your love and comfort to us. We have placed our hope in you, you have promised we will never be disappointed in You. You go before us, you fight for us, help us to accept this place we are in and in quietness and trust, just hold onto you, your goodness and your perfect love. Save us Lord in every way imaginable.  In Christ Jesus name we ask. Amen. 

That is beautiful! Claiming this today in Jesus' Holy Name!

SJ

I have to share my devotion from today,  it is beautiful and brings great hope:  Every sifting comes from divine command and permission. Satan must ask permission before he can lay a finger on Job. In actual fact in some sense our siftings are directly the work of heaven, for in the text God says that he will "shake the house of Israel".  Satan like a slave, may hold the sieve, hoping for the worst; but the overruling hand of the Master is accomplishing his purpose by the very process that the enemy hopes will be destructive .  Precious children of God, even though we are shaken , no comforted by the fact that the Lord directs the whole process for his own glory and our eternal profit 

The Lord Jesus will graciously yet firmly dividethat which is precious for that which is of little account.  All are not Israel that are of Israel ; the grain on the barn floor is not clean and pure, and so the shaking process must be performed. In the sieve, husks and chaff fly before the wind, and only solid substance will remain. 

Observe the complete safety of the Lords wheat, even a pebble has the promise of preservation. God himself sifts And therefore it is stern and terrible work;he sifts them in all places, "among all the nations ", he sifts them in the most effective manner, "as one shakes with s sieve";and yet in all this, not the smallest, lightest, or most shriveled grain, is permitted to fall to the ground. 

Every individual believer is precious in the site of the Lord. A Shepherd would not lose one sheep, nor a jeweler one diamond,nor a mother one child, nor a man one limb of his body, nor will the Lord lose one of his redeemed people. However little we may be, if we are the Lords, we may rejoice that WE ARE PRESERVED IN CHRIST JESUS!!!  Amen!!!!

I am grateful for this thread, it is such an encouragement.  I would love to post and reply, but still in a bad place, but I do read them on my phone.  Bless you all!

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

7 hours ago, grandmaD said:

I am grateful for this thread, it is such an encouragement.  I would love to post and reply, but still in a bad place, but I do read them on my phone.  Bless you all!

Dear Heavenly Father, we praise You for all that Your are and all that You do! We are grateful for Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, and for the comfort and counsel of Your Holy Spirit. Dear Lord God, we lift up our friend and fellow traveller, grandmaD to You and humbly ask that Your will unfold in her life. We beseech You, our loving God, to reach into grandmaD's body, mind, and spirit and lift up her countenance. Give her healing swiftly, oh Lord, so that Your will is done in her life and apparent to eveyone. Ease her pains and her fears. Rebuild the neurotransmitter pathways, balancing out her body. Give her the peace that surpasses all understanding. Guide her recovery with wisdom, mercy, and grace, and bring her to the triumph that can only be had through Christ Jesus! Amen!

SJ

We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God's fellow worker in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, so that no one would be unsettled by these trials. You know quite well that we were destined for them. - 1 Thessalonians 3:2-3

"Sometimes life seems to be one long, unending string of trials. What words of encouragement does the apostle have for us? 'You know quite well that we were destined for them.'

But he doesn't stop on that morbid note. He adds: Be strengthened. Be encouraged in your faith. And don't let trials unsettle you.

We are destined for trials. In other words, life is supposed to be difficult. Yet it's amazing how many people believe that life should be easy. They bemoan the enormity of their problems, feeling as though their difficulties are a unique kind of affliction that should not be. They feel that affliction has somehow been especially visited upon them, or else upon their families and not upon others.

Life is a series of problems to be solved. Yes, solving problems is a painful process, but it is this whole process that gives our life meaning.

Benjamin Franklin said, 'Those things that hurt, instruct.'

And the psalmist said long before him, 'It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.' (Psalm 119:71)

So be strengthened and encouraged in your faith. Don't be unsettled by your trials. You know quite well you are destined for them. And for good reason. Trials are not for our pleasure; they are for our profit. Once you accept this truth, you transcend it. Once you truly know that life is difficult, then life is difficult no longer.

Lord, You have not redeemed me to make my life happy, healthy, or free of trouble. You've redeemed me to become more like Christ... and this is why I'm destined for trials."

- Joni Eareckson Tada

Just now, ShakeyJerr said:

Yet it's amazing how many people believe that life should be easy. They bemoan the enormity of their problems, feeling as though their difficulties are a unique kind of affliction that should not be. They feel that affliction has somehow been especially visited upon them, or else upon their families and not upon others.

That part right there is how I feel whenever a spike of symptoms hits. But then I pray my way through it and God shows His faithfulness to comfort me.

SJ

Wow - I posted that and got hit with an instant trial :(

My is having a HUGE issue with her job. Her boss is hanging her out to dry. And she has already been struggling at this job. It's a hard job, and she pretty much hates it. But it is the Lord's provision for us right now. She is so upset. And it is triggering a lot of bad things in me: anxiety, recriminations over not being a better provider, bad spiral thinking, jitters, and worries. Please pray!

SJ

On 18/06/2017 at 4:08 PM, ShakeyJerr said:

I'll tell you what's to come, Jen - what's to come is your recovery and great revelations of who God is and who He created you to be!

Dear Lord God, we love You and praise Your Holy Name for all that You are doing in Jennifer's life here in recovery! You are an awesome and mighty God - the God of joy and peace - and we ask You to give Jennifer Your loving, Abba-Father touch today. Take her to the next stage of her recovery, Lord God, with supernatural grace and mercy. Lift her head and show her the happiness You have in store for her! In Jesus' mighty Name we pray! Amen!

SJ

Amen we all need this.

Prozac for 18years with break in 1999 for pregnancy. Started to feel unwell with numerous problems 2015 and think I was in a tolerance to drug. Started to come off May 2016 and by June 2016 wasn't able to tolerate any medications at all. Was on Lansoprazole as and when need from 2001 but haven't had to take and wldnt have been able to take since June 2016

GP gave sertraline 25mg 6/04/17 loss of appetite, gut pain and then following morning whole body shaking and vomiting. Stopped tablet.

Oh, wow!  How blessed I was the other day (when I was still in a fog, down and out and in pain) to check emails on my phone and read that prayer Shakey!  May God bless you and do exceedingly abundantly more than you and I could ever ask, think or hope for!  Please know I have been praying for your wife and family.  It is good to know that when we cannot do anything else, at least we can hold each other up in prayer.

13 hours ago, grandmaD said:

Oh, wow!  How blessed I was the other day (when I was still in a fog, down and out and in pain) to check emails on my phone and read that prayer Shakey!  May God bless you and do exceedingly abundantly more than you and I could ever ask, think or hope for!  Please know I have been praying for your wife and family.  It is good to know that when we cannot do anything else, at least we can hold each other up in prayer.

Thank you so much! We are in an unrelenting attack/trial. The stress is incredible. I have been in a very bad sympton cycle since yesterday - terrible tremors, anxiety (including a horrible terror attack this morning), cognitive problems, uncontrollable crying, no joy, recriminatng thoughts. This is one of the worst 24 hour periods in a long time.

please pray!

SJ

Could really use prayers today.

Not a good night's sleep :(

Had trouble falling asleep (usually not a problem) and woke up 30 minutes earlier  than usual (which made it 2 hours before I had to even be up at all!) and was unable to get back to sleep.

Feeling weak physically this morning. The combination of the super-stressful past few days, plus the horrible eating that I did all weekend*, combined to put me behind the 8-ball.

SJ

*Just goes to show that diet is extremely important during recovery!

Still in a wave. Anxiety - but more the physical symptoms - tightness, jittery - than the emotional/mental symptom. However, it's been going on for several hours now, and is threatening to become full-blown anxiety. Fighting off the crying jags too.

SJ

Where have all of the prayer warriors gone?

Dear Lord God - we love you and praise you and are thankful for this community of people recovering from antidepressant use. Bring us all back together here to support each other in prayer. We are in desperate need of Your loving touch, and in need of connection with each other. Whatever anxieties or circumstances that are keeping us bound up and not praying together, I break off of our lives right now in the precious name of Jesus Christ!

SJ

Hi SJ. I do stand with you before the Lord. This morning Lord, and all throughout this day, please enable us to keep our eyes fixed on you.  Help us to walk on these waters Lord. We know that by your Grace we will walk.  Help us keep our eyes fixed on you, right now, and every moment.  Teach us to walk with our eyes fixed on you, plain and simple, on you!!!  In Christ Jesus name we pray.  

On 6/29/2017 at 8:12 AM, triplem15 said:

Hi SJ. I do stand with you before the Lord. This morning Lord, and all throughout this day, please enable us to keep our eyes fixed on you.  Help us to walk on these waters Lord. We know that by your Grace we will walk.  Help us keep our eyes fixed on you, right now, and every moment.  Teach us to walk with our eyes fixed on you, plain and simple, on you!!!  In Christ Jesus name we pray.  

Thanks! It has been a very rough week!

I can use all of the prayers out there.

SJ

Dear Lord God - Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning! Thank You that sufficient for each one of us is the grace of Your - for Your are grace, and You are love, and You are mercy, and You are good. We come before You today to put on the whole armor of God in Your presence, so that we can withstand the schemes of the enemy. Thank You for Your holy protection and provision. Thank You that You are working together all things for the good of those who love You! Send the fruit of Your Spirit into our lives, into our very beings, and give us the opportunity to share that fruit with others. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, the Holy Lamb of God, our Savior and King! Amen!

SJ

Hi SJ. Your pray reminds me of my devotion for today. In part it goes like this:

Blessed is the fact that Christians can rejoice even in their deepest distress ; although troubles surround us, we do still sing and like many birds, we can sing best in our cages.  The 'WAVES' may roll over us but our souls soon rise to the surface and see the light of Gods countenance; we have a buoyancy about us that keeps our heads always above the water and helps us to sing amid the tempest, "God is still with us".  Isaiah 43:1-3

To whom shall all the glory be given? Oh to Jesus- it is all by Jesus. Trouble does not necessarily bring consolation with it to the believer,  but the presence of the Son of God with us in the fiery furnace with us, fills our hearts with Joy.   In Christ Jesus our Lord, may it be done in each of us this day and every moment, Amen. 

Dear Lord God - thank You that You are the ever-present, all-loving, all-powerful God Who promises to never leave us nor forsake us. Your children here on SA all need You, all day, every day. We ask that You fill us with supernatural peace - the peace that surpasses all understand to guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. We ask for Your healing power to break the chains that bind us. Your Word promises that if we ask anything in Jesus' name and by Your will, that it will be granted to us. And Your word says that by Jesus' stripes - His body broken for us - that we are healed. So I am asking in Jesus' name for Your will to heal us. We are sorely tried by our circumstances. But You are the Almighty One Who promises to be with us in our trials and to deliver us from harm when Your perfect will is completed. Our flesh wants to be healed now, but our spirit knows that Your timing is perfect. Still, even as we await full healing, we ask for relief from our anxieties. We cast our cares on You, oh Lord. Calm our nerves and our minds. Please heal our bodies and lift our spirits. Fill us with Your fruit. We are the temple of You - Your Holy Spirit. Clean out these temples of Your Spirit and make of our bodies a glorious home for Your Presence. Deliver us, Lord, from what vexes us, from what ails us, from what keeps Your glory shining in us and through us. For Your glory is our goal. We pray these things in the Name above all names - Jesus, the Christ, our Savior and our Lord. Amen!

SJ

SJ, praise you Lord Jesus, we ask this is Your Precious and Mighty name, Lord Jesus Christ. A beautiful and truth filled heart felt prayer!!!!  We stand together in Christ, seeking our Lord and His healing and grace this day.  Amen.   

Dear Lord God - we are so grateful that You never leave us nor forsake us. We are thankful that You send us Jesus, Your only begotten Son, as the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and that none come to You except through Him. That fact allows us a clear path to Your throne room, where You pour out good gifts on Your children. Please, oh Lord, pour out full recovery on each one of us who have been subject to the throes of antidepressant use. Cleanse out our bodies, rebuild our minds, smooth out the chemistry, and lift our spirits to new heights. Glorify Yourself in our lives, Lord God. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit - with His comfort and council and fruit. You are the Vine and we are the branches. Grow us in Your will, water us with the Living Water of Jesus Christ, and shine Your light on us every step of the way! Amen!

SJ

In Christ Jesus name I stand with SJ here and ask for all of this for all of us. This being your perfect will and healing in each of our lives.  Your sustaining grace and that you would be glorified in each of us this day even as we walk this process, especially as we walk this process.  

I am withdrawing/recovering from Benzo and Z-Drug long time use. It's been the biggest trial of my 68 years. Suffering both mental and physical symptoms that only people in WD can ever understand. I am just a baby in my faith walk. I have a been reading people's prayers and they are such a blessing to me. 

We can live in confidence day by day that the hands that hold our lives are the same hands that hold all things.

Dear Lord, please heal, strengthen and comfort those of us that are hurting right now. In Jesus' name, Amen

12 years on Klonopin 1mg. (Until Aug. 1, 2016)

6 years on Zolpidem 10mg. (currently titrating)

Titrated Klonopin (5%/14 days) 10 month titration

Finished Klonopin titration (Aug. 2016)

Began Zolpidem taper Nov. 4, 2016. 5%/14 days

Hello above, yes, the experience is incredible and difficult but, you are right when you say, the Hands that hold us!!!!  Our Lord is here in this, every moment, with each of us.  I am so glad that ultimately, it is He, the God of this universe, that holds us secure, even when the storms are raging, both within and without.  Amen!!!

After a stressfilled day here in WD, and health concerns for my earthly aging father, I cried out to the Lord, oh Lord, I need your words of truth, please give me your truth, I know my  fathers health and care are in your hands, I relinquish him to you. I then pulled up 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon Him, For He careth for you. 

So, yes, I looked deeper at the words cares and careth.  The first care, from the Septuagint is translated, anxieties. The second careth, in the Greek is translated , Gods care for us, it is calm, Holy, thoughtful providence.  God is never forgetful of us. The two words in this verses are very different. Lord, it belongs not to my care, it being anything we can insert there. Our WD, our suffering, the suffer of those we love, whatever it is.  

Our anxieties, of course exaggerated by very real neuro emotion, often organic in nature, even here can imply not only some distrust of Gods providence toward our every detail, but also some kind of belief that we might be able to better manage for ourself???  Lord, it belongs not to my care.  Breath this into my heart and mind. 

Gills exposition;  we are to cast the care of our bodies and all the cares of life, concerning which we should be thoughtful but depend upon the providence of God, as also the care of the soul and spirit.  All of us, wholey committed to the Hands of Christ. For He careth for us. Careth For the bodies of His people , for our concerns, and the preservation of them.  He will not suffer us to want or withhold any good thing from us or ever leave us or forsake us. And for our souls, which He the Father has made provision in the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ bestowed His Grace upon us and gives every needful supply of it to each of us and keeps us by His power.  Moment by moment, continually. 

Lord, help us to cast our anxieties onto you, and give us faith to believe your promises. Lord you are not a man that you should lie. Pour your grace on and in us in our weakness. Give to each of us the gift of faith and please grow the seed into beautiful flourishing plants of your tending. In Christ Jesus name we pray. Amen.  Wanted to share with you all what our Lord graciously shared with me?

13 hours ago, Abovethestorm said:

I am withdrawing/recovering from Benzo and Z-Drug long time use. It's been the biggest trial of my 68 years. Suffering both mental and physical symptoms that only people in WD can ever understand. I am just a baby in my faith walk. I have a been reading people's prayers and they are such a blessing to me. 

We can live in confidence day by day that the hands that hold our lives are the same hands that hold all things.

Dear Lord, please heal, strengthen and comfort those of us that are hurting right now. In Jesus' name, Amen

Welcome, Above! It's great that you are giving Your recovery over to God. He is faithful to love us and guide us and care for us!

9 hours ago, triplem15 said:

Wanted to share with you all what our Lord graciously shared with me

Thanks for sharing that, triplem! A great word in due season!

SJ

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy