SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Let's pray for one another

Zoe

Please pray for me

Paroxetine: 20mg for social anxiety, 2011 - Feb 2016
2015 Dec - Half dose & skipping days
2016 Jan - Half dose & skipping multiple days a week
2016 Feb - Stopped

2016 July: Over the last few months I have experienced an increase in depression, social anxiety and general anxiety. 
Currently:  General Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, Slow cognitive functions

Supplements (daily): 5 HTP (100mg), Acu – Mind, N-ACETYL-CYSTEINE, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, St John's Wort 2000 (2 tablets), Mega B Complex, USANA, Gingko

Current Supplements: (Since 15 Aug 2016): Vitamin D, Gingko, Usana

• Moderator Emeritus

Prayers and universal good intentions for luv2knit and mrj.  Hang in and on.......hopefully you both will find some peace in your situations real soon.

And thank you luv2knit.  I know you were there for me once.....not so long ago........when I really, truly needed it.

Love, peace, comfort, kindness.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thanks wareagle82 and manymoretodays. Lovely song, Morgane. Prayers for you too, mrj.

We will all get there!!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I will pray for you and God bless your soul but please know that you have the inner strength.

I also had anxiety, panic attacks… Don’t let these emotions overpower you or rule your life. Listen to the soft sane voice that is still within you and develop mental strength. If it works for you, see them as little children and what would you tell them in order for them to calm down and regain confidence. I know it is easier said than done but step by step, little by little I had to learn from them as well.

The first time I was hospitalised, I didn’t realize I was in a psychiatric ward. All of a sudden I saw the sign ‘Psychiatry’ and I had such a panic attack that I had to withdraw myself in my room in order to be able to cope. I sat on the bed suffering from all kinds of anxious emotions and images that flashed through my mind that I had unconsciously absorbed from watching documentaries on psychiatric hospitals. I could finally pull myself together thinking: ‘I am not afraid, I am not afraid.’ I left my room and my mind kind of relaxed.

When I was hospitalised another time, I kind of became friends with another patient but when she told me she heard negative inner voices I suffered from another panic attack and wanted to run away from her. I was thinking: ‘Oh no, I don’t want to hear these inner voices’ but then there was this inner thought: ‘Our friendship is more important’, so I pulled myself together, stayed with her and the panic attack stopped.

I’ve also learned that it is very important not to feed these emotions by watching the news, watching television, listen to the radio, playing games all day to space out, reading the newspaper, searching the internet out of fear… When we go through these kinds of emotions we are very vulnerable and they devour a lot of energy so we should always do something that is uplifting in spirit and gives us energy, how little it may seem at first. 

In August 2012 I was hospitalised after going through a psychosis. I used to wander around in the hospital in order to cope with everything that went on in my mind. At one point I had a complete black-out and the psychiatrist on duty gave me two injections with clopixal 50 mg, dehydrobenzperidol 5 mg and tranxène 50 mg. I was completely off the world for a whole weekend. After I woke up he prescribed me Invega 6 mg which I used to flush through the toilet. After two weeks I could leave the hospital and over a period of about 4 months I felt more and more terrible up to the point where it felt as if my mind was shutting down and I started losing all coordination. At the end of December I finally decided to be hospitalised again and I was given Invega 3 mg and Lorametazepam 2 mg at my own request. I used to break the Lorametazepam in half just to get me through the night. In May 2013 I tried to stop taking the Invega but I couldn’t cope. It wasn’t until July/August 2015 when I felt both physically and mentally strong enough that I decided to taper off the Invega. As recommended on this website I switched from Invega 3 mg to Risperdal 2 ml. I tapered off by 10% every 2 to 3 weeks. Towards the end I tapered off by 10% every other week when only a few drops were left. In April 2016 I took my last drop of Risperdal. In general I didn’t have any problem falling asleep but it was only for 2 to 4 hours. So I took the Lorametazepam ranging from 0,5 to 1 mg to help me sleep the rest of the night. In July I started taking Lavender tincture to replace the Lorametazepam and it worked out fine but I am sad to say that I take the Lorametazepam again when my mind is very overactive.

Please pray for my son (young adult with cognitive impairments) who is in danger and I cannot help him. Please pray that I can calm my mind from these terrifying thoughts.

MN gal,

Praying right now for you to have peace and for your son to be safe in Jesus' arms. 

Also prayer for MrJ as well. 

Blessings to all.

Began Paxil for situational panic attacks in 2000. Then psych put me on Prozac to transition me to Lexapro in 2008. I forget the dosage of Paxil and Lexapro. Switched to100mg Sertraline since 2011.

75Mg taper began 06/21/2016. 67.5 mg taper began 07/10/2016. 61mg taper began 08/01/2016. 54mg taper began 08/24/2016. 48mg taper began 09/06/2016. 44mg taper began 09/20/2016. 40mg taper began 10/11/2016. 35mg began 10/25/2016. 25 mg began 11/15/2016.  20 mg began 12/03/2016.  12.5 mg began 12/22/2016.  DRUG FREE JANUARY 16, 2017!!

Began daily meditation 12/01/2016.  Very helpful!!

Prayer, always, and Acupuncture, as needed.<p>Isaiah 50:7 (NLT): Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph!

Thank you, ware. He has turned from Jesus and is in danger from someone. I'm so afraid. I can't share the details, they are too disturbing. He is so naive. And he will no longer listen to me because he is busy trying to prove he is a man now. I am crushed. I cannot find God any more.

God hasn't moved--the panic and worry have blurred your view of Him.  I know it is a frightening time, as I have two boys of my own.  God is still there, even in this time of panic and fear in your life. Have faith it will all work out for good:

1.  FAITH SHRINKS MY PROBLEMS-  Luke 1:37

2.  FAITH OPENS THE DOOR FOR MIRACLES-  Mark 11:22-24

3.  FAITH MOVES GOD TO ACT ON MY BEHALF-  Matthew 9:29

4.  FAITH UNLOCKS ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD- 2Corinithians 1:20

5.  FAITH GIVES ME POWER TO HOLD ON IN TOUGH TIMES-  2Corinithians 4:8-9   (This is my signature verse!!)

God Bless You and you have my prayers!

Steve

Began Paxil for situational panic attacks in 2000. Then psych put me on Prozac to transition me to Lexapro in 2008. I forget the dosage of Paxil and Lexapro. Switched to100mg Sertraline since 2011.

75Mg taper began 06/21/2016. 67.5 mg taper began 07/10/2016. 61mg taper began 08/01/2016. 54mg taper began 08/24/2016. 48mg taper began 09/06/2016. 44mg taper began 09/20/2016. 40mg taper began 10/11/2016. 35mg began 10/25/2016. 25 mg began 11/15/2016.  20 mg began 12/03/2016.  12.5 mg began 12/22/2016.  DRUG FREE JANUARY 16, 2017!!

Prayer, always, and Acupuncture, as needed.<p>Isaiah 50:7 (NLT): Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph!

Thank you, but my faith is gone. And it is a huge burden of guilt to be told I lack faith. And that is why God has cast us out. Maybe it's the drugs or lack of sleep. Maybe it's me. I don't know. I can't think straight.

My son is a special-needs (cognitive impairments) young adult who recently moved out. He is naive and gullible but will not admit it. He is trying to prove to himself and to the world that he needs no help from anyone. His father left us years ago and never really took an interest in his son. I miss my son so much it feels like my heart has been ripped out.

My son came to borrow his sister's car because he was in an accident. He told me he had made a friend at his fast food job. I thought that was good because my son is shy and has almost never had a friend. The friend posted on my son's FB page. I clicked to see who this friend was. What I saw on the page made me want to vomit. This is not another young guy from work. This is a much older man. I cannot tell you what I saw on his page. Besides, you don't want to know and SA certainly doesn't want it on this site. I am trying to get the pictures out of my mind. It was not normal. Not even close, and it seems to be an obsession of this much older man. Post after post after post of perversion.

My son is like a 14-year-old in his reasoning yet is legally an adult and this much older man has taken him in completely and hangs around him after work. I cannot do a thing abut any of this. I saw this several days ago and have been too upset to write about it. My son barely speaks to me any more and shows a contempt for me and for women that he did not used to have. I want to pray for my son, but it only sends me into a terrible depression and hours of crying. My sweet, innocent child has turned into a person I don't recognize and is in such danger. Oh, God, please open his eyes to who this evil person really is and send this evil person away to another job. Now I am feeling ill. I need to try to distract myself, but it is hard when your fatigue is so bad to keep busy and distract yourself. I have had bad bouts of fatigue and neuropathy and have been unable to taper for weeks.

This is my worst nightmare. I have prayed for my children all their lives, but since these drugs and my health problems stealing my sleep, my mind has been destroyed and I cannot pray. My friends have drifted away. I have one left who visits occasionally and prays for me. My family has all moved away except for my children who are in dark places because the mom they knew disappeared and was replaced by this person they do not recognize. (I also have significant physical ailments and have become unable to work and support myself.) I am alone. I am so tired. I am so upset about my children and cannot help them. If God is there, He has cast us out. And it must be something I did to deserve this. To lose my marriage and my health and my home and my job and my church and my savings and now my son. Until I lost my son, I had some hope. But this has pushed me over the edge into complete despair. I need some sign from God that He is there and He has not cast us out. I need my son back.

And I need relief from this neuropathy. I cannot think or function with this pain. I have an autoimmune disorder that causes neuropathy but since the taper it has gone through the roof. I am in fear of it all the time. I try to act brave around my children but I fail most of the time.

MN

MN,

I am glad you shared all of the pain in your life with us.  It is so hard to understand why these things happen to believers and non believers.  No one on an online forum can offer much to you other than prayer.  I will pray again today for you and I hope the others on here will do the same. 

I did not mean to burden you further--I was offering some words and scripture that might help you. 

God is still there even in the midst of our suffering.  I am praying right now that He will intercede for your family.

Please pray for me

Mrj - praying for you today! I was reading your signature... has anyone told you it might be unwise to take 5 htp & st. johns wort in combination? Thinking this may be overcompensation and could be adding to anxiety/other wd symptoms. 

My suggestion would be to ask a moderator on your personal thread about the supplements. Just a thought! You are not alone my friend. Lifting you up today

-Meg

Sep '18 - became pregnant  in late August, then on 9/5 insomnia/anxiety went THROUGH the roof. I tried a lot of things but here is what is current: 

Paroxetine: 6.2mg (began 9/5/18, and there was a new manufacturer of which I just found out 2 days ago) during the day

Olanzapine 7.5mg at night

Ambien: 5-10mg at night

Xanex: 5-10mg at night

Fish Oil: for prenatal things

• Aug '18: Paroxetine 6.6mg, (30mg thyroid hormone, fish oil, vit D3, SBI protect, probiotic. Following AIP diet)
  • Mar '16: began taper from 20mg. Decreasing .75mg or less each month or more. Sporadically used Ambien &/or Trazodone for insomnia. 
  •  Sep'15: tried to come off slower. Used fish oil, vit D3, and regular exercise/healthy diet to assist. (Taper sched= 18mg for 60days, 15mg for 60d, 10mg for 30d, 8mg for 30d) At my 3rd week of 8mg in Nov '15, insomnia and panic attacks began. Back up to 20mg after a month of horrible withdrawal. 
  • Oct'12-Sep'15: 20mg Paxil
  • Sep'12: 1st attempt to get off, naively tried cold turkey per Dr. suggestion. Couldn't work for 2 months. Another Doc upped dose to 20mg.
  • Jun '09-Aug '12: 10mg Paxil for severe insomnia due to anxiety. Also took Ambien/Trazodone for sleep.  Other meds taken sporadically: Ativan, Abilify, Xyrem 

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness. 

Thank you, but my faith is gone. And it is a huge burden of guilt to be told I lack faith. And that is why God has cast us out. Maybe it's the drugs or lack of sleep. Maybe it's me. I don't know. I can't think straight.

My son is a special-needs (cognitive impairments) young adult who recently moved out. He is naive and gullible but will not admit it. He is trying to prove to himself and to the world that he needs no help from anyone. His father left us years ago and never really took an interest in his son. I miss my son so much it feels like my heart has been ripped out.

My son came to borrow his sister's car because he was in an accident. He told me he had made a friend at his fast food job. I thought that was good because my son is shy and has almost never had a friend. The friend posted on my son's FB page. I clicked to see who this friend was. What I saw on the page made me want to vomit. This is not another young guy from work. This is a much older man. I cannot tell you what I saw on his page. Besides, you don't want to know and SA certainly doesn't want it on this site. I am trying to get the pictures out of my mind. It was not normal. Not even close, and it seems to be an obsession of this much older man. Post after post after post of perversion.

My son is like a 14-year-old in his reasoning yet is legally an adult and this much older man has taken him in completely and hangs around him after work. I cannot do a thing abut any of this. I saw this several days ago and have been too upset to write about it. My son barely speaks to me any more and shows a contempt for me and for women that he did not used to have. I want to pray for my son, but it only sends me into a terrible depression and hours of crying. My sweet, innocent child has turned into a person I don't recognize and is in such danger. Oh, God, please open his eyes to who this evil person really is and send this evil person away to another job. Now I am feeling ill. I need to try to distract myself, but it is hard when your fatigue is so bad to keep busy and distract yourself. I have had bad bouts of fatigue and neuropathy and have been unable to taper for weeks.

This is my worst nightmare. I have prayed for my children all their lives, but since these drugs and my health problems stealing my sleep, my mind has been destroyed and I cannot pray. My friends have drifted away. I have one left who visits occasionally and prays for me. My family has all moved away except for my children who are in dark places because the mom they knew disappeared and was replaced by this person they do not recognize. (I also have significant physical ailments and have become unable to work and support myself.) I am alone. I am so tired. I am so upset about my children and cannot help them. If God is there, He has cast us out. And it must be something I did to deserve this. To lose my marriage and my health and my home and my job and my church and my savings and now my son. Until I lost my son, I had some hope. But this has pushed me over the edge into complete despair. I need some sign from God that He is there and He has not cast us out. I need my son back.

And I need relief from this neuropathy. I cannot think or function with this pain. I have an autoimmune disorder that causes neuropathy but since the taper it has gone through the roof. I am in fear of it all the time. I try to act brave around my children but I fail most of the time.

MN

I have a poster hanging in my bedroom with the following words:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,

other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during

the low periods of my life, when I was suffering

from anguish, sorrow or defeat,

I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,

"You promised me, Lord, that if I followed you,

you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during

the most trying periods of my life

there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,

"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,

is when I carried you."

by Mary Stevenson

In August 2012 I was hospitalised after going through a psychosis. I used to wander around in the hospital in order to cope with everything that went on in my mind. At one point I had a complete black-out and the psychiatrist on duty gave me two injections with clopixal 50 mg, dehydrobenzperidol 5 mg and tranxène 50 mg. I was completely off the world for a whole weekend. After I woke up he prescribed me Invega 6 mg which I used to flush through the toilet. After two weeks I could leave the hospital and over a period of about 4 months I felt more and more terrible up to the point where it felt as if my mind was shutting down and I started losing all coordination. At the end of December I finally decided to be hospitalised again and I was given Invega 3 mg and Lorametazepam 2 mg at my own request. I used to break the Lorametazepam in half just to get me through the night. In May 2013 I tried to stop taking the Invega but I couldn’t cope. It wasn’t until July/August 2015 when I felt both physically and mentally strong enough that I decided to taper off the Invega. As recommended on this website I switched from Invega 3 mg to Risperdal 2 ml. I tapered off by 10% every 2 to 3 weeks. Towards the end I tapered off by 10% every other week when only a few drops were left. In April 2016 I took my last drop of Risperdal. In general I didn’t have any problem falling asleep but it was only for 2 to 4 hours. So I took the Lorametazepam ranging from 0,5 to 1 mg to help me sleep the rest of the night. In July I started taking Lavender tincture to replace the Lorametazepam and it worked out fine but I am sad to say that I take the Lorametazepam again when my mind is very overactive.

• 2 weeks later...

Please pray for me

Mrj - praying for you today! I was reading your signature... has anyone told you it might be unwise to take 5 htp & st. johns wort in combination? Thinking this may be overcompensation and could be adding to anxiety/other wd symptoms. 

My suggestion would be to ask a moderator on your personal thread about the supplements. Just a thought! You are not alone my friend. Lifting you up today

-Meg

Thanks so much Meg, will pray for you too!

I definitely realised something was wrong when I had taken them for a while, they added to my anxiety like nothing else so discontinued. 

Paroxetine: 20mg for social anxiety, 2011 - Feb 2016
2015 Dec - Half dose & skipping days
2016 Jan - Half dose & skipping multiple days a week
2016 Feb - Stopped

2016 July: Over the last few months I have experienced an increase in depression, social anxiety and general anxiety. 
Currently:  General Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, Slow cognitive functions

Supplements (daily): 5 HTP (100mg), Acu – Mind, N-ACETYL-CYSTEINE, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, St John's Wort 2000 (2 tablets), Mega B Complex, USANA, Gingko

Current Supplements: (Since 15 Aug 2016): Vitamin D, Gingko, Usana

• 1 month later...

This helped me today I hope it is helpful to people here. 

It is a video of a new born baby hearing her fathers voice.  

I wish you peace.

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

There is a song on my mind today a hym I looked up who wrote it and in what circumstances it was written.... that woke me up even more. You can read it here. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Is_Well_with_My_Soul

you can hear the song here

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

Be Still... I know this is a fight for many of us and I fought till I dropped alone the way I have learned there is only so far I can get doing battle and because of the nature of this wd problem the more I fight the more upset my system became.... so rest is good so is meditation if you have a mind to do so. It is healing to be at peace if you can get to a state of deep relaxation and peace that is one important part of healing from this... the first bit of healing I noticed came from reaching a state of deep relaxation the first moments of peace too... the first bit of hope. I have built on it from there. 

Be still. This is a call for those involved in the war to stop fighting, to be still. The word still is a translation of the Hebrew word rapa, meaning “to slacken, let down, or cease.” In some instances, the word carries the idea of “to drop, be weak, or faint.” It connotes two people fighting until someone separates them and makes them drop their weapons. It is only after the fighting has stopped that the warriors can acknowledge their trust in God. Christians often interpret the command to “be still” as “to be quiet in God’s presence.” While quietness is certainly helpful, the phrase means to stop frantic activity, to let down, and to be still. For God’s people being “still” would involve looking to the Lord for their help (cf. Exodus 14:13); for God’s enemies, being “still” would mean ceasing to fight a battle they cannot win.

I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. It was tempting for the nation of Israel to align with foreign powers, and God reminds them that ultimately He is exalted! God wins, and He will bring peace. During Isaiah’s time, Judah looked for help from the Egyptians, even though God warned against it. Judah did not need Egyptian might; they needed reliance on the Lord: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength” (Isaiah 30:15).

I have a movement disorder of recent times it started before I quite drugs almost 9 years ago and came back in a different form now almost 9 years into wd... in the past wks I have had 3 different doctors tell me to rest... I was in a state of finding answers a place I have been often since this process started.... 

I have spent a good amount of the last couple of wks resting often flat on my back in bed... being still... it helped sometimes I forget and need to be reminded life reminds me.

wishing you all peace and healing

Had a car accident in 85

Praying for peace and healing for all! ❤️

Effexor XR 300 (brand) mg & various SSRIs 15 yrs (Effexor XR 300 mg past 10 yrs

Clonazepam, 1.0 mg. am, .5 mg pm. - 15 yrs, 7-17-16- Began .5 three times a day

Vyvanse 60 mg, - 2 yrs, Cut to 50 mg for 6 mths, Cut to 30 mg. on 4-1-16. Tapering.

Approx. 4-1-15 began Effexor XR 300 taper, very slowly for a year. Held at 37.5 for about 3 mths. Cut to 18 mg for 2 wks to 0. WD began 2 wks later. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, low appetite, nausea.

7-14-16-Reinstated 5 beads Effx after 4 mths misery.Pooped out 10 days.

9-12-16-to present- Wide eyed terror, bedridden fear, no appetite/feeling of being full.

10-30-16- Began 15% liquid tapering of 30 mg Vyvanse. (25 mg)

11-13-16- Liquid Vyvanse 22 mg,11-27-16- Liquid 15 mg, 12-12-16- Vyvanse 12.5 for 5 days. 12-16 - 12-29, 15 mg.

11-20-16- Switched back to 1.0 clonazepam am & .5 bedtime

12-30-16- Moved to 15 mg COMPOUNDED Vyvanse.Current 4/11-4/25 7.5 mg.(10% ev 2 wks) Off Vyvanse

Current meds:Effexor XR- 3 Beads, Clonazepam-1.0 mg am, .5 mg bedtime,Vyvanse-(tapering) Estradiol- 2

mg,Progesterone 200 mg,Testosterone 30 mg/ml,Nature Throid- 48.75 mg.(12-21-16-65 mg.) (4-18-17-81.25 mg) Current supplements: Fish Oil-1360 mg, Curamin- 2706 mg.

I could really use some prayers right now. On Wednesday October 12th my beloved golden retriever passed away. She had cancer and had to have her leg amputate in July. She had been doing better over the past week and then suddenly Wednesday night she collapsed and passed away. I am devasted and really struggling.

During this whole process of withdrawal she has always been there for me. She gave me the comfort I needed and now she is gone. I don't know what I am going to do without her.

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

I said a prayer for you today there is nothing like dog love... 

wish you peace

Had a car accident in 85

I could really use some prayers right now. On Wednesday October 12th my beloved golden retriever passed away. She had cancer and had to have her leg amputate in July. She had been doing better over the past week and then suddenly Wednesday night she collapsed and passed away. I am devasted and really struggling.

During this whole process of withdrawal she has always been there for me. She gave me the comfort I needed and now she is gone. I don't know what I am going to do without her.

I am so sorry that you are going through this special kind of grief.  I have two Standard Poodles that are up in age and I know I will be saying goodbye too.  I also lost a beloved Lhasa Apso 10 years ago and the sadness was so deep.  

Oh Lord, You have given to us the joy of the friendship of animals and given us heart to love them.  We pray that the grief we feel from losing them will be comforted and that You will give your peace to O2bhappy.  Let her know that You understand the pain she is now feeling and as she reaches out for You, will find You to be a loving Father.   In His Name. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. My name is Jamie. I am very much desiring to connect here as I am a Christian. I needed to RI small dose last April after some hard tapering out of not being informed properly on tapering. I am still working toward good and steady. I could really use the encouragement of those on this site who know how difficult this journey is.

Oh2Bhappy, I am so sorry for your great loss. I have an English cream golden, she is 1 year. I have raised 2 others and they have passed. It is very difficult????????

Hi Jamie

I am here to say I will pray for you today.  I know you'll find God's power and peace if you seek it!

Wise men still do.  You will come through the tapering stronger and more spiritual!

I am finding that out myself.

God Bless You!

Steve

God bless you Steve. Thank you. I am so reliant upon our Lord. I seek him so often through the day. I continue in the waves and window pattern now for 6.5 months. The RI was small so Neuro continues to adjust. Steve I wasn't even off the med. I had been tapering for ten months before all snowballed. Was very low on dose. Progress has been small, inches. The Neuro emotion is hard. Just so amplified over normal emotion. I am a prayer also so I will be praying for all too!!! Thank you for your response and prayer!!! Hope to talk soon.

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread. You guys are the best! When the pitfalls of life grab us like this withdrawal does, people either become bitter or better.

I tapered Effexor for about a year, from 300 mg to 18 (which is half of the lowest dose made). I was on 18 mg for about two weeks when my psychiatrist said it was ok to stop as it would be out of my system in two weeks. :/

The paranoia began in two weeks, along with other sxs. I RI in July-5 beads. Ten blissful days of happiness and peace. Then a wave followed by a month long window.

I've been in another wave now since Sept 12th. Bedridden every day with wide eyed terror on most days.

Something very good has come of this I'm so happy to say.

My hubby's anger issues towards me are gone! We have become closer to each other and more importantly, closer to God.

We have devotionals and pray together nightly. God led us to a church home just before this wave hit and we had just started connecting with other couples. I hope they don't forget us.

If going through this is what it took to bring us closer to each other and to God, then I'm grateful for the storm. ❤️

These verses have brought great comfort to me and I hope they do to all of you, also.

❤️ Take good care and know that we are praying for all of you nightly.❤️

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11-13‬ ‭NIV

Vyvanse 60 mg, - 2 yrs, Cut to 50 mg for 6 mths, Cut to 30 mg. on 4-1-16. Tapering.

Approx. 4-1-15 began Effexor XR 300 taper, very slowly for a year. Held at 37.5 for about 3 mths. Cut to 18 mg for 2 wks to 0. WD began 2 wks later. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, low appetite, nausea.

9-12-16-to present- Wide eyed terror, bedridden fear, no appetite/feeling of being full.

11-13-16- Liquid Vyvanse 22 mg,11-27-16- Liquid 15 mg, 12-12-16- Vyvanse 12.5 for 5 days. 12-16 - 12-29, 15 mg.

12-30-16- Moved to 15 mg COMPOUNDED Vyvanse.Current 4/11-4/25 7.5 mg.(10% ev 2 wks) Off Vyvanse

Current meds:Effexor XR- 3 Beads, Clonazepam-1.0 mg am, .5 mg bedtime,Vyvanse-(tapering) Estradiol- 2

mg,Progesterone 200 mg,Testosterone 30 mg/ml,Nature Throid- 48.75 mg.(12-21-16-65 mg.) (4-18-17-81.25 mg) Current supplements: Fish Oil-1360 mg, Curamin- 2706 mg.

Sheri , I do love those verses. He promised his words to us as absolute truth and I know He is sustaining us with His might and His word! Praying for you that this wave you are in will end soon and that His all sufficient grace will keep and carry you.

Shari, many of us know how difficult the waves can be. I am praying for you now. One of my own personal frequests to our Lord is great perseverance and patience. I will ask this for you too❤️

Sheri, just a thought. I know you tapered down over a one year period from Effexor 300mg. May I ask how long you were on the Effexor? The reason I ask is because I was on bupropion for 8.5 years and as I mentioned , I had been tapering over ten mos to a small dose of about 12 mg from 150 mg. I tapered slower that what I was told by two professionals. My Dr and a pharmacist. But I was given poor advice. My point to telling you this is that I wasn't even off of the bupropion when the snowball of too fast tapering hit me. The length of time on the medication for me was a big factor. 8.5 years and my Neuro did become dependent. All I am saying I guess is that even one year is way too fast as we now know. My RI was small. I went up to 18.75mg. I have been waiting and continue to wait for good and steady. Not there yet. Probably will be months. I have been given good advice from this site. The process is slow. We need our Lords grace and might.

Hi Jamie,

I was on Effexor for about 10 years. I didn't have any trouble with symptoms while I was tapering but of course, I know now that it should have been slower all the way through and especially towards the end.

In 2014 when I had my physical, my adrenals were normal. My 2015 physical showed that my adrenals were struggling in the fight or flight syndrome. I was puzzled but now have connected the dots. I was down to 37.5 mg Effexor when I had the 2015 physical so the taper was too fast and my adrenals were really working hard. I hadn't begun the taper yet at the 2014 physical so they were not stressed.

My prayer is that God will keep our injured bodies strong and see us safely through this process.

I had no adverse symptoms while on Effexor but knew that I should get off. I truly believe that psych drugs injure the brains of most people and this is not pleasing to God. We are able and will heal. Jesus paid the price for our healing by His stripes.

One day this will all be in the past. I know that God has great plans for all of us! ❤️

Take Gentle Care, Jamie. Sending you big hugs!! ❤️

Sheri, thank you. Yes, I do believe every word of what you say. I BELIEVE He is right here for us and will get us through and bring healing. I am praying for us all even now. Thank you and big hugs right back to you!!!!

triplem15 -

It has been very difficult.  She was my comfort.  It has now been 3 weeks since she passed away and I still cry everyday.  I miss her so much.  Please give your golden a hug and kiss from me. 

Discontinued Fluoxetine cold turkey after taking it for 12 years. Stopped taking Fluoxetine in August 2015.

My current withdrawal symptoms: Itchy skin, smell hallucination, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and anxiety. 

Synthroid for hypothyroidism.

O2b, I can but imagine your sadness. I know what you mean about the endearing love of our pets. Several days ago as I held the face of my Mickey in my hands and I was talking to her, I asked her if she knew who she was like??? She just looked at me with her big black eyes and I told her she is as Jesus, with fur! I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you from me. Be gentle one moment at a time ok.

Hello to all. I am praying for us all. Oh2be Happy and Sheri, how are you doing??? Little wavey day for me. Neuro sadness/feeling blue. I have heard others on the site talk of the iatrogenic Neuro emotions. In the success stories I have read, all say it heals over time. Will be so glad when this happens. Please continue to share and pray. Thanks, Jamie.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy