“I wrote a new story for my nervous system” — neurosculpting, neuroplasticity http://wp.me/p5nnb-aA5

GiaK

This is so EXCITING. I listened to this with such complete and total delight. This interview with Lisa Wimberger is, in large part, what I have been creating for myself…not even understanding all aspects, which means that listening to this interview was BRAIN CANDY too. Lisa Wimberger talks about brain candy as being part of the healing process.

Psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome often results in a severe injury to the autonomic nervous system. Listen and learn. Hearing this explanation further helps and educates my own process. Again, exciting.

Also anyone with any trauma issues orautonomic nervous system issues may find this helpful. Many long term chronic health issues end up involving the nervous system as they are traumatic in many ways: Protracted psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome, chronic illness, CFS, Fibromyalgia. Yeah, they all have things in common.

I love how she talks about how the brain loves novelty. That is the cornerstone of what I do for myself. I find truth EVERYWHERE. Pieces of the puzzle everywhere. I am constantly rewriting and reformulating my story. And I love how she addresses these concepts…again, brain candy for me.

She is also talking about exercise, diet, meditation, and new habits…all things I talk about all the time in my own healing process are all critically important. I write about this at Mad in America: Everything Matters: a Memoir From Before, During and After Psychiatric Drugs. She is helping me bring together many things I’ve been working on. Articulating it in the most delightful way which will help further along my own process.

to listen to the interview and read the rest of the post go HERE

This is GOOD STUFF. Enjoy

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

This is sooooooo excellent...........thank you!  I have gone to portable listening.  :)

Paralysis response from vagus nerve.  Autonomic nervous system repair and management.  A very hopeful approach.  And I am excited to announce that I can follow this stuff well before noon!

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy