SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Urination and bladder issues (male and female)

liannep77

is it normal to lose bladder control when withdrawing from venlafaxine? Im really embarrassed as it keeps happening and am scared something else is wrong

lianne,

When tapering Pristiq (cousin to Effexor), I had a few very close calls. Also, on the short time I was on Paxil many years ago, I recall an odd urgency. These drugs have effects throughout the body, so anything is possible.

That said, it's always best to be checked if the problem persists.

Barb

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I wouldn't be surprised that withdrawal would cause this problem. I know that some nervous systems diseases causes incontinence like Multiple Sclerosis. The withdrawals seem to effect the whole nervous system.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

I agree, it could be a temporary effect of withdrawal. The autonomic nervous system controls urination, too.

I've had nocturia (frequent urination at night) because of withdrawal syndrome, but not incontinence. The nocturia eventually went away when I was sleeping better. My doctor and I think it was the excessive cortisol (a daytime hormone) interfering with vasopressin, the nighttime hormone that enables you to hold your urine throughout the night.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi,

I never ever thought id find myself writing a post like this, but i am ashamed and embarrassed to share with folk here, my accident !!!!!!!!!!

At almost 11mths off, i felt id been doing reasonably well for a few months now, with the odd blip in between times of course, then last night i went to bed,

and woke early this morning to a wet bed, I managed to hide it from my husband, but as soon as he left for work this morning, id stripped the bed, bleached the rubber sheet,

and have spent the day washing and ironing and bathing and crying, im so ashamed and heart broken, iv never ever done anything like this in my life before, and was looking for reassurance.

The thing that scared me, was the fact that i have the neurological head pain still too????

Can anyone associate?? this drug sure does some strange bizzarre things to people like us.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

OOh also forgot to add, that quite often i feel the need to urinate during the day too, again thats only happened in wd,

today has been a beast, probably because im worked up about last night, and now im worried about going to bed tonight too, in case it happens again.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

Angie, as you know my dear friend, I am so sorry that this has happened. I am hoping that others can reach out and share if it has ever happened to them, because it is highly possible it will happen to me too at some point.

Coincidentally, a couple of weeks ago I was searching for incontinence issues on withdrawal sites because I just had a FEELING it may become an issue for me. The reason I think so is because since withdrawal at times I can't stand to have ANY urine in my bladder...even if I have only a little but I can sense it I need to void, otherwise my agitation and discomfort increase from what is usually an extreme level anyway. It's almost as if my body senses a possible lack of control in this area. Also when I am in an extreme state...it's hard to describe....but I get very strange sensations when I pee (and I need to pee A LOT, although it is not profuse)....almost like things down there aren't working right is the best way I could describe it. I also feel an urgency sometimes but not much comes out. I definitely know things aren't right in the urinary department as a whole. The signals are getting warped somehow.

For these reasons I have for a long tome avoided drinking liquids too late in the evening.

I did find some instances of people going through this, particularly those whose withdrawal has been severe. But I imagine there are many more who would be too embarrassed to post about it.

I wonder if anyone has any insight into what may cause this and maybe provide some reassurance. By the way, I am only 38 and have NEVER wet the bed, even as a small child.

Lotty

xxx

Paxil 20mg 1995 for panic disorder/anxiety.

3 attempts to w/d c/t. Horrific w/d hit after 1 month each time. Straight back to 20mg.

2003-2007: 30mg.

30mg to 20mg slowly over 2007.

20mg to 15mg (liquid) (Jan 2009) - big problems, back up to 20mg (pill) immediately. Recovered slowly.

20mg to 15mg (liquid) (Dec to Feb 2010) - suicidal. Back to 20mg May 2010, could not stabilise.

Dec 2010 to 31/01/2012: 20mg~9.6mg in tiny drops.

21/02/12~9.0

08/03/12~8.4

22/03/12~7.9

12/04/12~7.5

03/05/12~7.1

24/05/12~6.7

14/06/12~6.3

05/07/12~6.0

26/07/12~5.7

17/08/12~5.5

ALSO ON 1MG XANAX

Please no need to feel ashamed with us....this is such a wonderful place to talk about things that are distressing. There is no judgement here....

During any taper, I practically lived in the bathroom (loo). Frequent urination of the urgency to void happens for me when I am nervous. So...I am thinking that thse drugs affect our nervous systems in so many ways. Why wouldn't this happen.

It might also be our bodies way of detoxing or purging. Dehydration can be an issue while w/ding. At any rate....you are not alone.

During tapers I had the runs and that was so uncomfortable, particularly at work.

Try not to drink after dinner time....it does help

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• 2 months later...

Not feeling too well tonight, feels like I am running around trying to keep healthy or get healthy. Getting sick trying to get healthy is the story of my life though...

A theory, comment if you care to:

So I'm hypersensitive. Certain of the things I overrespond to cause, in all persons, loss of fluids. Some of my serious problems have occurred after substanial loss of body fluids (sweat and urine).

In particular a magnesium bath caused profound sweating, which I thought was a good thing... until I passed out in my bed with the lights on still wet in a towel. Coffee has caused symptoms. Sometimes excessive, noticeabley excessive urination. Other times I have not noticed more urinary output but I've suffered symptoms of serious electrolyte imbalance like cramping or coldness/lossfeeling in fingers and hands, etc.

So, question, if I excrete K, Na, Mag etc like a normal person everytime I sweat or use the restroom... Do I excrete a lot more if I am sweating or urinating in hyperactive mode?

Because I read about the effects on coffee on excretion and it just doesn't effect them that greatly. BUT, this is for a normal person for whom a cup of coffee doesn't result in a too-sped-up-to-safely-drive-a-car state, I can wait and sleep next week, etc...

I don't know if that makes sense. But I know I don't really sweat much at the moment. I know I am deficient intracellularly in a number of critical minerals and I wonder if I've pissed them all away at a rate too atypical for anyone to consider it.

Ok. Hope everyone is doing okay. I haven't been on the site much. You guys are going to be okay. Cuz I'm gonna be okay. And if I'm gonna be okay, so are you.

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

Hard to tell, alex. The adrenals control the balance of those minerals. Deficiencies would show up in an electrolytes test.

You may wish to take a mineral supplement.

Hope you're doing better -- stay hydrated!

Love, A

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 6 months later...

UTI's.....lets just say I am the reigning champ :lol:

Tricyclics (some anyway) an cause urinary retention which means the bladder does not full empty) which can lead to UTI's. I take Imipramine. So....If you think Psychiatrists are uninformed so are alot of others.

New Year's Eve ran to Urgent Care because I knew I had a UTI. It was confirmed from sample. I was on Bactrim at the time for Flu.

Doctor: Just stay on Bacytrim

Celeste: Doctor I am on the Bactrim and a UTI surfaced why would I want to do that. Celeste: From two trips to the ER in the past for UTI's I was told that when Bactrim and Cipro do not work, Keflex is the mode of treatment. Ecoli and Proteus Bacteria are now resistant to Cipro and Bactrim.

Doctor: With attitude look of annoyance on her face told me she would not give me Keflex but she would give me Cipro :blink: EGO big time from this doctor. So I had to take the Cipro and it didn't work. CVS Urgent Care: went on Monday.

Nurse Practitioner knew about Keflex and wanted to prescribe it but the computer would not allow it. Reason: CVS protocol to use seven other antibiotics first. Nurse asked Pharmacist to by pass computer to be able to give me Keflex. He said no. Take Levaquin. 3 pills = $50. Guss what? I didn't work.

Solution: My friend Jay is an Anesthesiologist. I told him what transpired and he called in the Rx for Keflex. Thank God for Jay :P

PS ran to GYN on Thursday morning and he was not in. Can you believe this crap? I had to get a script from an Anesthesiologist friend...Mama Mia UTI's are murderously painful. And there you have yet another case of a dumb-ass physician (Urgent Care) who took my money and had a huge ego which was battered because I explained the resistance to certain drugs. They sent me an online survey, and I am going to fill that sucker out. Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki,

Your saga with UTIs is absurd! I'm not personally experienced with UTIs (thank god!) but know they should be doing Culture & Sensitivities to determine the pathogen and what antimicrobial will be effective.

Do you have other conditions that predispose you to unusual infections? I believe sugar in urine may do that. Of course, acidity/alkalinity has some effect.

I don't know details. Just some thoughts.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I'm sorry to hear about that Nikki.

I don't know, am not recommending, but have you looked at any of the reports about cranberries and/or cranberry supplements helping to prevent (not treat existing) UTIs. I've spend enough time on health websites that I've read many positive accounts of cranberries and cranberry supps. If you want to look inot that and see what's there...

I hope you are able to knock out this infection!

good luck,

Alex

- Zimmerman

Nikki,

Does your anesthesiologist friend have any opinions or advice about psych drugs or withdrawal? I think they tend to be a bit more nuanced about pharmacology and drug dangers, especially if they work in operating room (as opposed to pain management).

Thanks Alex and Barb...

The good news is that I am on Keflex and it is the right med which I knew from day 1.

Alex I am going to get the cranberry pills. I understand Uva Ursi prevents infections in the bladder.

My Doctor friend has seen many patients wd from pain medication. I never asked him about psych meds.

Taking probiotics...

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Gawd, Nikki, I can't believe you've had to deal with all that crap just to get on the right antibiotic.

Aren't they doing cultures on your urine? Like Barbara says, they should do a culture and then check the bacteria that grow out to see what antibiotic will actually kill them.

I get UTIs too, hate them. Usually manage to self treat with a couple of days of drinking massive amounts of fluids and taking massive amounts of vitamin C, but it's miserable, excruciatingly painful and a huge hassle. I feel you, sister.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I don't much about Uva Ursi. It may cause kidney disorders, if I recall correctly. I'd look into that. And I'd look into the cranberry extract but I am well sure it's safe to eat cranberries! If you try that route, I hope you find some success because, as I said, I've come across a great many testimonials from women online. But, sadly, everyone is different...

good luck.

- Zimmerman

• 1 month later...

SSRIs affect immunity but I'm not aware anyone really understands the effects fully.

Cranberries can be useful for preventing UTIs, you might want to ask your health care provider about them

Also you write you are East of England? Where is that? Are you on a boat in the North Sea? Norway?

- Zimmerman

Marmite,

Some drugs have anticholinergic properties and cause constipation, urinary retention (could lead to UTIs), dry mouth, dry eyes. I'm not sure where escitalopram fits, but could be related.

Just as an FYI, we have alot of info on the forum about dangers of quinolone antibiotics (Cipro, any generic versions that end in '-floxin'). They can have some serious CNS effects but many doctors are unaware and use them frequently.

http://www.saferpills.org/

I have urinary problems (retention mainly) since I stopped duloxetine. I have been checked two times by an urologist and blood analysis, urine analysis and the internal organs (bladder, kidneys and prostate) are completely fine.

The urologist himself said that the only explanation he could make was related to withdrawal.

From 2001 to 2010, I took almost continuosly a host of different SSRIs , including Prozac, Celexa and Paxil, plus various benzodiazepines and Bupropion for a limited period of time.

From July 2010 to April 2012 >> Duloxetine, dose ranging from 60mg to 120mg.

From August 2012 to September 2012 >> reinstated 30 mg of Duloxetine

From September 2012 until present days >> Valproic Acid/Sodium Valproate, dose ranging from 300mg to 1000mg. Now I'm on 400mg. I've also taken Amisulpride (50mg) for 9 days and Abilify (10ml) only once.

I have urinary problems (retention mainly) since I stopped duloxetine. I have been checked two times by an urologist and blood analysis, urine analysis and the internal organs (bladder, kidneys and prostate) are completely fine.

The urologist himself said that the only explanation he could make was related to withdrawal.

Good doctor!

• Administrator

I used to get bladder infections frequently, the fix I found was to urinate fairly soon after sex. Also, make sure you're drinking a good amount of water throughout the day, don't let yourself get dehydrated.

Good doctor!

Of course my psychiatrist said it's impossible. By the way, If I remember correctly Duloxetine was originally used to treat incontinence.

The urologist prescribed me Tamsulosin to cope with this problem, but I stopped taking it after a couple of months because it gave me drops in blood pressure. I did a search after that and it seems that that drug has quite some side effects, so I've never started taking it anymore. I must admit that after my withdrawal experience, I became a little bit paranoid about drugs.

From 2001 to 2010, I took almost continuosly a host of different SSRIs , including Prozac, Celexa and Paxil, plus various benzodiazepines and Bupropion for a limited period of time.

From July 2010 to April 2012 >> Duloxetine, dose ranging from 60mg to 120mg.

From August 2012 to September 2012 >> reinstated 30 mg of Duloxetine

From September 2012 until present days >> Valproic Acid/Sodium Valproate, dose ranging from 300mg to 1000mg. Now I'm on 400mg. I've also taken Amisulpride (50mg) for 9 days and Abilify (10ml) only once.

Marmite I posted somewhere on this site that I have alot of problems with UTI's.

Since the end of December I have been having an ongoing issue. Yes, too many antibiotics.

I finished a round two weeks back and last night I realized I have it again.

I take 2 AD's (Celexa) and (Imipramine). Imipramine or Tofranil the brand name cause urinary retention. My daughter takes Imipramine and has frequent UTI's. She also has a curved urethera which blocks a a steady stream.

When I was on Celexa only I went for a year without a UTI. I stayed out of the pool too.

I have had UTI's before I took AD's too. I understand Uva Ursi cleanses the bladder. And a strong concentration of cranberry is supposed to help.

Back to the drugstore for meds today.

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 1 month later...
I've been suffering from Urinary Incontinence, which I'm way too young to experience (and I have never been pregnant), and it finally dawned on me to see if Antidepressants can cause this. I was shocked to find out that they can and do cause Urinary Incontinence in 15% of the population. This makes me so angry. I have had to put up with this embarassing and uncomfortable and inconvenient symptom for the 3 years out of 4 that I have been on Pristiq. And I never thought to put the two together! Even though I brought up the issue with my OBGYN, he didn't even mention that such a thing could be caused by medication. And of course, I never brought up incontinence as a side effect to any mental health professional, since I never thought that it was a side effect of my antidepressants! So, if you have been suffereing with this, like me, bear in mind that SSRIs or SNRIs and maybe other meds that I did not check, can actually affect how your bladder functions! Ughhhhhh! This makes me so mad. I wish I had quit these dam drugs years ago!

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
2009-3/2013: Switched to Pristiq 50 mg then 100 mg
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
8/2013-8/2014: Tapering Lexapro (Lots of withdrawal symptoms)
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

• Administrator

Thanks for this information. Sounds like you've been doing some research. Please provide links.

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-induced urinary incontinence.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12138594

4 Drugs Linked to Urinary Incontinence

http://www.webmd.com/urinary-incontinence-oab/4-medications-that-cause-or-worsen-incontinence

2. Antidepressants and Incontinence

While a few antidepressants actually help urinary incontinence (Tofranil and Elavil), most can worsen symptoms, at least in some people, Appell tells WebMD.

Antidepressants can impair the ability of the bladder to contract, worsening symptoms of overflow incontinence, because the bladder can't empty completely. Other antidepressants may decrease your awareness of the need to go to the bathroom.

If you think your antidepressant is worsening your incontinence, talk to your doctor about switching to another medication.

2005-2008: Effexor; 1/2008 Tapered 3 months, then quit. 7/2008-2009 Reinstated Effexor (crying spells at start of new job.)
3/2013: Switched to Lexapro 10mg. Cut down to 5 mg. CT for 2 weeks then reinstated for 6 weeks
11/2014 -8/2015: Developed severe insomnia and uncontrollable daily crying spells
12/2014-6/2015: Tried Ambien, Klonopin, Ativan, Lunesta, Sonata, Trazadone, Seroquel, Rameron, Gabapentin - Developed Anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Psychogenic Myoclonus
7/2015-1/2016: Reinstated Lexapro 2 mg (mild improvement, but crying spells still present)

1/2016-5/2017: Lexapro 5 mg ( helped a lot, but poor stress tolerance & depressive episodes)

5/20/2017 - Raised dose to Lexapro 10 mg due to lingering depression(Total of 2 failed tapers & severe PAWS)

9/11/2018 - Present: Still on 10 mg Lexapro and mostly recovered.(Anxiety still triggers Myoclonus.)

10/7/2022 - 20 mg Lexapro (brand only) Plus occasional Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia.

I know all too well about this.

This has gotten worse for me since prozac.....and I had already had three kids, so you can imagine.

I go from "I think I have to go" to "Oh s**t! I have to go!!" very quickly.

I make a mess almost every time I use the bathroom to some degree. Also, I find that it's worse when I'm on my period.

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

I can relate to this, but I never thought to link it to medication either. But I think it has gotten worse, especially worse when I'm on my period, since I started antidepressants. And here I was really wondering why I, at 23, was suffering from incontinence so badly.

Tapering Zoloft, Dec 2014

Started Lamictal

Re-started Zoloft mid-Oct 2014, 25-50mg

Stopped Zoloft end of Sept 2014

Started Zoloft July 2014, 50mg

Stopped Prozac from 3mg May 2014

Stopped Effexor Dec '13 Started 10mg Prozac

Reinstated Effexor 15mg on Nov 2013

Stopped from 21mg on Oct 2013
Effexor 112.5mg, since Dec 2012

I can relate to this, but I never thought to link it to medication either. But I think it has gotten worse, especially worse when I'm on my period, since I started antidepressants. And here I was really wondering why I, at 23, was suffering from incontinence so badly.

Oh wow, at 23? That really points the finger at the antidepressant!

Oh wow, at 23? That really points the finger at the antidepressant!

I might have an infection honestly--something of a perpetual infection. Urine tests always show some blood or bacteria, so that might have some effect :unsure::lol: But it seems to get really bad in the past month.

Started Lamictal

I had issues with bladder control and saw numerous physicians trying to find out why. I was on several kinds of psyche drugs and never put 2 and 2 together.

When I was put on Seroquel it caused me to wet my bed at night. What fun for a woman to do....

I'm psyche drug free and all the miserable bladder control issues went away. :)

Unable at this time to correspond by private message.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

My Success Story is listed under "Aria's Recovery".

I had issues with bladder control and saw numerous physicians trying to find out why. I was on several kinds of psyche drugs and never put 2 and 2 together.

When I was put on Seroquel it caused me to wet my bed at night. What fun for a woman to do....

I'm psyche drug free and all the miserable bladder control issues went away. :)

Wow, that's unbelievable...well I'm glad those issues went away once you stopped the Psych drugs. I've been suffering with this ridiculousness for at least three years. It seems to have gotten worse since I started Lexapro. I don't know if I should go to a Urologist to have things checked out or wait until I get off antidepressants completely.

When you had this problem, and you went to doctors, what did they say? What kind of tests and/or medication did they give you? Did you only make the connection after you stopped taking Seroquel?

I went to an GYN Urologist and had a few invasive tests but he couldn't figure out the cause. I was leaking and then at night total loss of bladder control. I had tummy problems (nausea, colon spasms, severe constipation) and went to a gastroenterologist many times for several endo/colon scopes, drinking barium for swallowing/digestion tract ultra sounds/X-rays and other testing to no avail. I had nausea, constipation and diarrhea so horribly I was hospitalized. No one seemed to know what as causing me undue trouble over the years and it turned out to be ALL from psychiatrist drugs.

I tried to educate the gastroenterologist but he said he didn't want to know but later I realize he didn't want to be involved. Few doctors want to know how other docs messed up even if it was a psychiatrist who dangerously over prescribed. The same gastro had been my doc when I spent 2 months in the hospital from Seroquel Induced Acute Pancreatitis.

I was mega combo psyche drugs and just one can cause unpleasant issues but add them up to 5-6-7 drugs (especially with anti psychotics) and it causes hellish problems.

Once I started tapering and afterwards finished coming off all the drugs my body was happy again.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

I am so sorry to hear about your woes. I am also very glad you feeling better.

Out of curiosity, did your psychiatrist ever acknowledge the influence of the drugs they prescribed?

Started Lamictal

Out of curiosity, did your psychiatrist ever acknowledge the influence of the drugs they prescribed?

He did emotionally acknowledge he was wrongly diagnosing and prescribing during one office visit but later sent correspondence telling another doctor the psyche drugs never hurt me. I have this letter. The psychiatrist lied to protect himself and didn't care what happened to me. My Intro thread deals all this.

I think its unbelievable what I went through for 15 years with little recourse and the damage I still have from it.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy