SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Skin issues: hives, acne, dryness, itching etc.

Maybe

Hya all,

for me up until now only a minor problem, but still unnerving sometimes: Skin issues. For example a feeling of burning, tingling, needles and pins and even oil mostly on my legs and lower arms. Additionally I have a very rough and dry skin in my face, despite using creme every day.

Does anyone have a clue what this is and what might help to lessen or even resolve those symptoms?

Edit: The symptoms have been the worst last week since stopping the pills. They are still endurable though. I hope that I do not have to worry and that this is normal in wd?

End of 2008: Remeron 15mg for around 2 months. Unorthodox taper, no problems.
End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

Yes, this is absolutely normal in w/d -- skin seems prematurely aged -- but later it corrects itself. Weird sensations -- burning, itching, feeling like there's water on your skin when there isn't. Dark patches, light patches, weird pimples unlike anything you've ever had before, hives. All common. :rolleyes:

I don't know of anything to do about it. Some of it is possibly temporary neuropathy. For that, exercise is a good, long-term solution. I think you do exercise.

You might want to experiment with different lotions. You might want to try a lotion that is organic, with no chemicals. Use more. Have you tried aloe vera? Do you shave? That's so hard on the face. Would you be interested in growing a beard for a while to give your face a rest?

Eventually, it will correct itself, Maybe. :)

1996-97 - Paxil x 9 months, tapered, suffered 8 months withdrawal but didn't know it was withdrawal, so...

1998-2001 - Zoloft, tapered, again unwittingly went into withdrawal, so...

2002-03 - Paxil x 20 months, developed severe headaches, so...

Sep 03 - May 05 - Paxil taper took 20 months, severe physical, moderate psychological symptoms

Sep 03 - Jun 05 - took Prozac to help with Paxil taper - not recommended

Jul 05 to date - post-taper, severe psychological, moderate physical symptoms, improving very slowly

A beard doesn't fit me too well, so no :D

I tried all kind of cremes, to no long lasting effect. It helps for some hours and then is back again. I always had a problem with dry skin, but after stopping the pills it has become worse. Well, I can live with that. Just thought someone might have an idea how to improve it :)

Thank you Healing!

End of August 2009: Lexapro 10mg for only 4 days. Panic attack after 3 pills. Severe gastro problems in the morning for 3 days after last pill. 2 weeks later strong w/d symptoms set in.

Acute WD lasted around 3.5 years. I am feeling much better today, 5.5 years out, but still have some symptoms left.

A beard doesn't fit me too well, so no :D

I tried all kind of cremes, to no long lasting effect. It helps for some hours and then is back again. I always had a problem with dry skin, but after stopping the pills it has become worse. Well, I can live with that. Just thought someone might have an idea how to improve it :)

Thank you Healing!

Hi Maybe......

just saw this post and wanted to quickly respond. The best way to improve the skin is through diet......introducing the right foods, along with eliminating offending foods.

Wish I could recall some of those foods but it's early in my day and the cog fog is blocking access to my memory bank (lol). Anyway, google this subject to obtain a list of foods that promote skin health.

In regard to skin sensations.....it's very common in WD and I haven't found anything that eliminates it.

I do know that hot baths and showers make my skin sensations flare up even more re: itching, skin crawly sensations etc. Better to bathe in warm water rather than hot.

In regard to the dry skin, I believe heat dries it even more. Oh, drinking a lot of water, keeps the skin hydrated and reduces dryness.

Punar

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

Be Not Afraid of Growing Slowly. Be Afraid of Only Standing Still.

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi: I've been off Pristiq for 3 months now, 3 weeks into w/d I started getting hives, they were bad, I have been keeping them at bay with a low dose antihistamine evey 2 days. I am now taking the antihistamine every 3 days.... they are getting better....I'm now worrying about them now. I just know that they will soon subside.....

On antidepressants since October 1997 including: Paxil, Celexa, Cipralex, Effexor (a couple of days only, horrible stuff.....), Pristiq 50 mg.

Started to taper off Pristiq Feb 2011, last pill April 9, 2011

Take the occassional Clonazapam when morning anxiety too much to handle.

Post menopausal - started low dose BHRT 27July10

Reinstated 5mg of Escitalopram (Cipralex), 2 Aug 2010

Stopped taking BHRT 19Aug11

Increased to 10 mg Cipralex 19Aug11

Increased to 15 mg Cipralex 29Aug11

Maybe, are you taking fish oil/omega 3?

Ever since I've been using fish oil, my skin has been noticeably oilier. It annoys me, but if you can tolerate fish oil, it might help you! If not, even having a bit more oils in your diet might help. I also really like a lotion called Complex-15. It's available on Amazon and in some drug stores (or you can ask your local pharmacy to order it if they don't usually carry it). It's pricey, but you don't need much. The face lotion is lighter and thinner than the hand lotion. Both are unscented.

Elliotsmum, the hives sound awful. I am glad you have kept a good attitude about them. I'm sure that helps, since I don't know what else you could do.

My skin has been an awful bumpy mess, probably from the lack of sleep and the fish oil. Aside from the occasional painful lesion, it's more a vanity issue than anything else.

History is approximate; I didn't track my dosages.

1995 - started zoloft/sertraline for depression

1995-2008 - sertraline ranged from 100-200mg, may have gone as high as 250mg

2006 - 2009 - added welbutrin/budeprion SR, 150 mg

sometime in 2009-2010 - stopped budeprion c/t

sometime around 2009-2010, Tapered down sertraline w/o guidance to 50 mg, then 25mg.

~ feb 2010, stopped sertraline.

~ Apr 2010, resumed 25mg low dose (really bad business trip)

Oct 2010, stopped sertraline

Jan 2011 - another bad business trip "breaks" my sleep.

current issues include insomnia, anxiety, GI distress, depression.

Taking multivitamins, Vitamin D, fish oil, Chinese herbs, ~ 0.5mg melatonin in the evening.

Going to therapy and acupuncture once a week.

Took Omega 3 for some months in 2010, but had problems with it later on. I got bloated very quickly when I took line seed oil. My skin issues are fine right now. No big trouble. So I will not take any supplements, still afraid they could do more harm than good :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Coincidentally, I came across this post from a patient on WebMD: http://forums.webmd.com/3/depression-exchange/forum/5808 about burning skin sensations from Lexapro withdrawal.

The burning sensation is listed in published papers on withdrawal symptoms as paresthesia -- see this wikipedia article.

(There are lists of withdrawal symptoms here.)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi,

I have had severe burning coming off benzos and now coming off AD's

It is located mainly in the upper body...arms, face, neck but can spread all over the body.

When it subsides a bit, the after glow last for hours and with a deep bone pain.

I am not surprised to read the answer from that psychiatrist on the WebMD......

not once have I heard any doctor admit it or that he/she has heard it before...

They all seem to have the same answer.

10 yrs on 37.5 Effexor

came off too quicky June 2011+ at the same time put on 150mg Wellbutrin.

Things not working out and started to taper off Wellbutrin July 21.

Schedule is:

Week 1: 37.5mg 3 times a day ( total of 112.5 mg)

Week 2: 37.5 mg 2 times a day ( total of 75mg)

Week 3: 18.75mg 2 times a day ( total of 37.5mg)

Week 4: 18.75mg once day

Week 5: off

As of July 27th...reinstated on Effexor 37.5mg

The sensations are currently gone. I hope that stays this way. The dry skin could be related to my food sensitivites (especially milk). Thanks for the links, alto!

• 1 month later...

Since stopping fish oil, I have developed mysterious hives on legs and arm that have no rhyme or reason to them. I am going to see if resuming it will help.

As an FYI, I was on Doxepin which is an antihistamine. But I have been off of that for over a year so I would have a hard time believing my hives are related to that.

Anyway, I need the amateur Houses:) on this board to help me figure out what is going on as this quite annoying.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

But I have been off of that for over a year so I would have a hard time believing my hives are related to that.

CS

My experience is that symptoms appear more than one year after, i have new problems which appear after 2,5 years, all related or aggravated by past psychotropics

the toxicity effects continue after 1 year, even 4 years and more

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

""My experience is that symptoms appear more than one year after, i have new problems which appear after 2,5 years, all related or aggravated by past psychotropics

the toxicity effects continue after 1 year, even 4 years and more""

Wow Stan, I am so sorry to hear that. What kind of problems have you had?

Of course, this is all speculation on my part but I am wondering if the fish oil kept the allergic reactions at bay? I may try a small amount just to see what happens.

CS

Hi Comp,

This is one symptom I did not have, but a protracted friend (not on this board) had hives and itching as a major symptom and still has them to a lesser degree 5 years out. So I definitely believe they are related to the w/d...but, I would still keep an eye out on possible triggers.

Began Paxil 10/97*

Paxil free 10/16/04 (tapered over 2.5 months)

Severe withdrawal

12/04 started Lexapro due to Paxil w/d symptoms (tapered over 4 months)

Lexapro free 8/2/05

2 1/2 year severe protracted withdrawal

Doing well now with a few residual symptoms

So even after being 2 years out, I have to fear that new crippling symptoms might come up??

Hi Comp,

This is one symptom I did not have, but a protracted friend (not on this board) had hives and itching as a major symptom and still has them to a lesser degree 5 years out. So I definitely believe they are related to the w/d...but, I would still keep an eye out on possible triggers.

Thanks Hopeful, I think:)

Geez, these drugs are gifts that keep on giving. Wow, that's incredible about your friend.

So far, I haven't found any triggers. However, when the phosphatidylserine I took wore off, the hives started itching. I have no clue what that all means.

CS

So even after being 2 years out, I have to fear that new crippling symptoms might come up??

Hi Maybe,

I understand your fears but personally, I would try not to worry about things that haven't occurred. It sounds like you have enough on your plate.

CS

Hey CS,

well, I am not really worrying about it. I have no energy for that. I just don't know what to believe anymore. Many say you heal, some say you never know what will happen. Everything is so random...

• 1 month later...

CS,

Did you ever figure out the hives? I've had 'bites' coming out on my arms, legs, and stomach. Very itchy. Not debilitating, but annoying. I have no idea what may have triggered. I was staying w friend when it began about 2 weeks ago. I did take 3 days of Cipro for UTI. Not smart, I realize. I witnessed a quinolone CNS effect on my elderly aunt. Had sig dementia (asked same questions over and over) that turned to psychotic mania. She's very happy w imaginary guests now which is actually easier on my cousin who she lives with.

Barb

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

CS,

Did you ever figure out the hives? I've had 'bites' coming out on my arms, legs, and stomach. Very itchy. Not debilitating, but annoying. I have no idea what may have triggered. I was staying w friend when it began about 2 weeks ago. I did take 3 days of Cipro for UTI. Not smart, I realize. I witnessed a quinolone CNS effect on my elderly aunt. Had sig dementia (asked same questions over and over) that turned to psychotic mania. She's very happy w imaginary guests now which is actually easier on my cousin who she lives with.

Barb

Hi Barbara,

Since I have mostly quit taking multivitamins and fish oil capsules, they have pretty much disappeared.

The day after I posted, they had greatly improved although I was still getting them here and there.

Obviously, your situation proves that even regular drugs have plenty of side effects.

CS

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

I've always had sensitive skin, but since going on AD I got acne so badly that I decided to be treat with accutane. My skin was fine for years, until withdrawing. Now I have welts all over my neck and back. My doctor says it's folliculitis. But that seems too coincidental. Why would i suddenly have this condition when coming off meds?

Could this be detox?! Suggestions? Please Help!

I don't know and didn't have any skin problems until the last couple days. I've been doing a sugarfree diet and been taking detox baths (epsom salts, socium bicarb, apple cider vinegar) as well as a couple of supplements including one new one (licorice root).

The last couple of days I have noticed the tip of my nose is dry and discolored, a bit darker than the rest of my skin.

So, like you, I don't know whats up with that. Could be nothing, could be unrelated to my withdrawal and recent food/supp regimen or it could all tie together. Dunno.

It's not a big thing unless it gets worse but it doesn't matter to me that it's not that big a thing. It's a new thing and my plate is still overfull of old things!

Good luck,

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

I have had the worst acne I have ever had in the past year, particularly on the lower part of my face, my neck and my shoulders, and I don't know if it's related to withdrawal or not. It surely is a hormonal thing, because it's related to my cycle. And I think it improved after I switched to a different Omega 3/fish oils brand. But that could be coincidental. Then about a month ago I went from being almost clear of it to it coming back again.

I started using Retin-A about two weeks ago and it is helping somewhat.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Oh, at one point I did think it may be related to having high cortisol.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Yes! I had PERFECT skin my whole life. Even during puberty I only got a few pimples. In 2006 (I was 26 years old) is when I started tapering from 37.5mg. My skin slowly started to break out and the lower in dose I got the worse it got. At one point I could count 15 active pimples at one time! Even worse is for every single pimple I get a post inflammatory hyperpigmentation scar that last several months to over a year! My skin was covered in dark marks from all the pimples. Even worse than that the other day I was plucking my eyebrows by a lamp and as I turned my face in certain direction a shadow was cast over my face and it was bumpy as if I had some indented scars! This is after I have finally gotten my acne under control using a Benzoyl Peroxide regimen every day. I still have a lot of marks that I am trying to get rid of with weekly lactic acid peels. Bottom line: WD has absolutely messed up my skin. If I truly do have indented scars those won't ever go away. Yet another reason I hate this poison.

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

Hey all,

I've always had sensitive skin, but since going on AD I got acne so badly that I decided to be treat with accutane. My skin was fine for years, until withdrawing. Now I have welts all over my neck and back. My doctor says it's folliculitis. But that seems too coincidental. Why would i suddenly have this condition when coming off meds?

Could this be detox?! Suggestions? Please Help!

Please do not go on Accutane. It is a horrid drug that can cause you horrible problems that are permanent. It has been linked to Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, horrible joint pain, and early arthritis just to name a few. Some of these problems don't even show up until you have been off of Accutane for some time. It has also been linked to psychological problems like depression and even suicide. Please consider something safer like 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. I have been able to clear my skin 90-95% using a benzoyl peroxide regimen. This was years after nothing over the counter worked, as well as Retin A which is by prescription. Please read up on Accutane on Askapatient.com to read some people's horrible experiences with it. It is just not worth taking the chance, in my opinion unless your acne is incredibly severe, and maybe not even then.

a.k.a JMarie

Paxil since Mar.1998

2006-2007:40-20mg
2009: 20mg to 14mg 2010: 14mg to 10.5mg 2011: 10.5 to 7.6mg  2012: 7.5 to 6.8mg

2013: 6.7-6.3mg 2014: 6.2mg-5.8mg 2015: 5.7 to 5.15mg 2016: 5.1-4.6mg

1/19/17: 4.5mg 3/17/17: 4.4mg

6/15/17: 4.35mg 8/10/17: 4.3mg

1/29/18: 4.1mg 5/07/18: 4.0mg

7/31/18: 3.9mg

lady bug-- good to hear from you. I am NOT going on accutane. I've already been on accutane! Age 19 and again at 27. I won't that again. I do think this outbreak is related to withdrawl. Your outbreak sounds similar to mine. I get mine on my back, jaw and neck mostly, and behind the ear. It's as if my lymph nodes are draining and the toxins are leaving my skin. so strange.

I just bought a juicer and will begin to juice a meal or two a day to include organic greens, lemons, apples, garlic and ginger. I'm hoping this will help. I think my digestive and liver/kindneys need a break! poor things..

This is interesting. About two years after quitting cold turkey my skin became extremely sensitive. I developed horrible type 2 rosacea and had to go on Accutane to cure it.

There is no history of rosacea in my family, while I am fair I tan easily and my skin had always been oily, tough as nails and the envy of people. So I didn't fit the profile of someone with rosecea.

Finally, now 10 years later my skin it back to its original state. I have ZERO rosacea which is odd because there is no cure for rosacea and it is a chronic disease.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

Maybe it will help to be sure to use a good facial moisturizer. I recommend getting an organic, non-oil clogging kind from the health stores. Jojoba is good and doesn't clog pores. It may be the oil in your skin that is changed and so if you use a good moisturizer daily, it will help keep your skin from producing it's own oils. I don't know if that will work. I didn't have trouble with this but did have bad skin problems when I was younger and this helped me a lot. Only med I had skin problems with was Geodon. That turned my face into leather but it's back to normal now that I'm off it.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I find it interesting that we have acne in the same areas... lower face, neck, back... I am getting acne in places I NEVER had it before quitting ADs, and to a degree that is crazy. I often joke it is way, way worse than during puberty and it's not fair as I'm getting wrinkles as well.

Since hormones and neurotransmitters work in a complex system, it makes sense that if we are unstable in withdrawal that this could be one of the effects.

My skin refuses to clear despite going to the dermatologist multiple times. Even Retin A micro, clyndamycin & benzoyl peroxide wash wouldn't make my pores less visible or get rid of the huge amounts of oil that I keep producing!

I'm also dealing with patches of eczema that flake, scale and itch & once again the steroid cream that I was given doesn't do a thing. It's not exactly the best thing for my already deflated self esteem, so I've decided to stop wasting money at the doctors. It's pretty pointless.

Diagnosed With

Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder & Agoraphobia.

Also NLD (Non Verbal Learning Disorder)

Meds I've Taken Since The Age of 13:

Paxil, Prozac, Effexor, Cymbalta, Vyvanse, Concerta, Intuniv, Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, Abilify, Lithium. These meds were never consistent & I was constantly switching on & off due to psychiatrists treating what I now know were side effects.

Currently Taking:

Prozac 7.5 mg (Weaning off)

Valium 2 mg

Count me in, but I can't associate mine to meds. Never had skin probs in adolescence but got horrible adult acne in early 30s, mostly on jawline. That calmed a bit but then in past 10 years have had severe hypopigmentation. Every doc and esthetician had a different diagnosis - dermatologists said it was acne scarring that laser resurfacing would take care of for a few thousand dollars. One endocrinologist said it was melasma related to autoimmune disorders. Last endocrinologist confirmed that it is vitiligo, an autoimmune disorder in which melanin production is disrupted. Related to gray hair which is common in autoimmune disorders. Both are loss of pigmentation. No treatment that Ive found.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• 1 month later...

I have had intense itching on my legs in the last few days that I can't correlate to anything-

It it most intense in the evening and I've taken Benadryl the last few nites - using hydrating lotions also - I'm baffled by the sudden onset -

Any thoughts welcome -

Barbara you came to the right person ~ When I was on Paxil I developed a red band around my upper arm and it was incredibly itchy. I had it with Lexapro. When I went on Imipramine it went away.

This is Florida and I noticed it was worse after sittng in the sun. And a major contribution was sleeves.

I had lidocaine gel in the house and it worked like a charm. Nothing else worked. Lotions exacerbated it. Bendryl is another drug we are ingesting.

See if you can get the Lidocaine Gel (prescription), if you can't get it, you can try Preparation H......Yes I said Preparation H :huh: It has Lidocaine in it. My daughter gave me some to put under my eyes before applying make-up.

Trust me Barbara - get the Lidocaine and yes....it is medication related

HUGS

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Nikki,

I got a good laugh out of your message! Thank for the suggestion of lidocaine or Prep H. Didn't realize that contained lidocaine. I used Dermoplast spray last nite and just read that it is benzocain. It definitely helped.

This reminded me of a veterinarian friend who uses Prep H in his practice. He found a good deal at Costco and apparently got some interesting glances as he proceeded to checkout with cart loaded with Prep H. ;)

• Moderator Emeritus

I get intense itching on my legs and arms, often at night time, it drives me mad, with my legs I thought it was because I was shaving them and it was ingrowing hairs, my arms I don't know? maybe it is something else, I live in the UK so not in a hot climate.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy