SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Skin issues: hives, acne, dryness, itching etc.

Maybe

Hi someday,

We have very similar meds history with lex etc. except for you have been on higher doses and tapered off now while I am still playing games with this evil drug.

Tingling sensation is most common to lex users, you can find specific topic for that in the pins and deedling sensation topic. I believe it's not a type of skin problems ppl are talikng about here.

I will find the link for you next.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! I have been reading a lot around the internet about this topic and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Back in high school I tried Wellbutrin and LOVED it however two weeks in, I got hives all over my body which was very discouraging because, to this day, it is the only medicine I have ever liked. I am currently weaning off Prozac and would really love to try Wellbutrin again. I have read quite a bit about how people have been starting the medicine, getting hives, letting the medicine clear out of their system, then starting back up again at a lower dose and adding an antihistamine (Claritin/Zyrtec). I know of course you have to be careful of severe reactions, etc, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what did you do for it? Or have you found anything else similar to Wellbutrin that you liked?

Thanks!

2002-2010 - I was on a high dose of Effexor then cymbalta, weaned off the cymbalta using Zoloft but had major withdrawal symptoms I.e. Brain zaps, fatigue, confusion, feeling drunk all the time 

July 2014 -10mg of Prozac. Love it except for the side effects: heart palpitations, weight gain, extreme fatigue

Jan 22, 2015 - began 10 percent taper, currently on 9mg (2.25mL) of liquid fluoxetine 
           WD symptoms so far: extreme fatigue getting worse 

June 4, 2015 - currently at 5.3mg (1.2mL) 

WD symptoms: extreme agitation and irritability, restlessness, slight depression

• Administrator

You are allergic to Wellbutrin. Taking a psychiatric drug to which you are allergic can lead to life-threatening problems.

This is a site for going off drugs. As such, we do not discuss the comparative merits of psychiatric drugs in order to get re-medicated. There are many sites on the Web, such as http://www.depressionforums.org/, where members enthusiastically dish about their drug cocktails. I suggest you go there for the discussion you seek.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hi, i wanted to avoid starting a new thread on rash-related withdrawal issues so ill post my question here.  ive come into a hives-type rash stage of withdrawal and havent really had something quite like this before.  i dont know if its histamine-related or due to a sensitivity to something external that im suddenly not doing so well with anymore or what.  but my question is more about activities---in your similar experiences, is it better to avoid showering or can showering help with the symptoms?  and what about exercise, or foods?  i checked into the food area of histaminic problems, but i want to cover all my bases, especially since dietary changes have not mitigated things.  withdrawal has left my skin overdried, cracking, bleeding, and also itching intractable in the extremities for the full 3 years, but less localized rashes are a new thing as a persistent state.

the rash begins in small dots, almost like bug-bites, and spreads to broader areas of reddened, slightly raised skin with no pale center (or any other color differentiation), and with abnormal borders/asymmetry.  sometimes they seem to ooze a bit of oil or pus on the surface, and they have a painful tingle to them more than an itch.  it has been several days and they continue to spread instead of calming down or diminishing; they appear in areas exposed to sunlight and air, and areas that arent, areas that contact outside materials/surfaces and areas that dont, and are not focused on mucuous membrane regions (like underarms) or places that often see more abrasion from clothing or movement.  they are spreading across my chest, back, arms, neck, and legs, somewhat radiating from my stomach region in all directions.  this may very well continue getting worse, and i have no way to see a doctor right now (not that theyd be likely to have anything helpful to say anyway).  im avoiding using my lycra/polyester wrist braces for carpal tunnel (which ive only briefly used for a few days lately due to concern about the materials) in case that has any contributing influence, and aside from trying those a few days before the rash began developing, i have not changed my diet, exercise, sleeping, products, or general environment.  just sitting here makes me feel like my skin is slowly burning off my body, but luckily it hasnt yet gotten to the point of severity of pain where i feel like something must be done immediately towards relief.

ive read several other threads on here mentioning hives and histaminic responses, and read a bit elsewhere, but this is the sort of specificity that individual members seem best suited to address, even if you cant predict the symptoms or reactions in another withdrawing person.  thanks for reading.

from 2005-2012, i spent 7 years taking 17 different psychotropic medications covering several classes.  i would be taking 3-7 medications at a time, and 6 out of the 17 medications listed below were maxed or overmaxed in clinical dosage before i moved on to trying the next unhelpful cocktail.

antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, tetracyclics): zoloft, wellbutrin, effexor, lexapro, prozac, cymbalta, remeron
antipsychotics (atypical): abilify, zyprexa, risperdal, geodon
sleep aids (benzos, off-label antidepressants & antipsychotics, hypnotics): seroquel, temazepam, trazodone, ambien
anxiolytics: buspar
anticonvulsants: topamax

i tapered off all psychotropics from late 2011 through early 2013, one by one.  since quitting, ive been cycling through severe, disabling withdrawal symptoms spanning the gamut of the serious, less serious, and rather worrisome side effects of these assorted medications.  previous cross-tapering and medication or dosage changes had also caused undiagnosed withdrawal symptoms.

brainpan addlepation

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone - I am a new member and was advised to share my hives situation, and whether it is or isn't Paxil withdrawal related.   Here is a copy ad paste of my post.

Hello everyone, I am a first time poster, long time Paxil user.   I have been on Paxil for about 12 years or so, prescribed by my doctor to combat anxiety.  My anxiety was never severe, I just fell down the slippery slope of Paxil use after what should have just been a bump in the emotional road for me.  Long story short, I've decided to taper off of the Paxil 20mg (down from 40mg a couple years prior). 

This year my doc advised me to cut from 20mg to 10mg. (I know now, way too much and too fast).  I had brain zaps, irritablilty, and vivid dreams (which I actually don't mind since they are usually pleasant) and some dizziness.  After a few weeks I was feeling OK enough to go from 10mg to 5mg. I was good for about 3 weeks.  But the next two weeks I suffered from severe anxiety - unlike any kind of despairing feeling I've ever had in my life! I suddenly became an emotional wreck and was just at wits end.  So I went from 5mg Paxil back up to 10mg.  A week or so later - hives.

Hives, - small ones, on my neck or forearms. They'd go away after a couple hours so I didn't put too much worry into it.  Then a week after these small hive appearances, I had a really bad outbreak of hives on my legs, which I thought was just a heat rash. I didn't take an anti-histamine, I hate the way they make me feel.  Big mistake. I ended up waking up at 4 in the morning, itching terribly all over my body.  I was searching for Benadryl downstairs when my wife found me - at which point I was getting dizzy and nauseous. I was going into anaphylactic shock.  My wife and I both thought I was dying, my children sobbing as they waited by the front door for the ambulance to arrive. 

I've never had allergies really.  I am allergic to cats, it turns out, but I've had my cat for 3 years (a Persian which I found to not feel allergic reactions to in the past- and who has since been living with my brother till this all gets ironed out).

So this anaphylaxis was not something I was prepared for.  An amulance ride later, they told me I had some kind of allergic reaction.

A few weeks later, after seeing an allergist, he suspected my bizarre reaction to be caused by a medicine (not a food or other allergen).  I only take Paxil, and Propecia. (which I've stopped last week to try to rule that out as a cause of the hives).  I still get small areas of redness on my skin, primarily when I wake up in the AM.  And for now I'm on antihistimines, which I dislike greatly.

I am wondering if the traumatic, despair-like anxiety feelings I suffered, and then yo-yo-ing back to a higher dosage of Paxil did a number on my body and made me overly sensitive to histamines, or my cat.  Since my allergist suspected Paxil as a possible cause of the hives/anaphylaxis, I have since tapered back down to 5mg, and three days ago down to 2.5mg.  I suspect its not the actual Paxil causing the hives, but the withdrawal itself, the toll it takes on my body and mind. 

Just hoping putting my story out there, if anyone can relate to such a physical reaction like what I experienced, and if they too, think it is related to the Paxil withdrawl.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Been on Paxil 14 years. 40mg for the bulk of those.

20mg in 2014

10mg March of 2015 - then tapered to 5mg

Then to 2.5 to 1.5 - to 1mg, from Mar-August.

As of August 23 2015, I am flying without a net.  Paxil free!

WD symptoms since tapering mid- 2015:

Short temper, hostile. Brain zaps. Bruxism. Wild vivid dreams  Hives Food intolerance Lump in throat, . Joint pain. Knees, elbows.  Pain in feet. Numbness in hands. Shaking, like I'm cold. Trembling. Tremors, muscle twitches all over. Facial tics. Eye, lips. Head.  Floaters in my eyes. Severe Insomnia (between months 4-5)  then returned from March-October 2016. I'm sleeping better now. Dreams have returned to normal (month 7) High levels of anxiety when around large crowds or in large rooms. Intestinal spasms, heartburn.  Dizzy spells.  Panic/Anxiety Attacks suddenly developed months 8 out.  4 years out, 98% feeling back to normal.  (October 9 2019)

hi, i wanted to avoid starting a new thread on rash-related withdrawal issues so ill post my question here. ive come into a hives-type rash stage of withdrawal and havent really had something quite like this before. i dont know if its histamine-related or due to a sensitivity to something external that im suddenly not doing so well with anymore or what. but my question is more about activities---in your similar experiences, is it better to avoid showering or can showering help with the symptoms? and what about exercise, or foods? i checked into the food area of histaminic problems, but i want to cover all my bases, especially since dietary changes have not mitigated things. withdrawal has left my skin overdried, cracking, bleeding, and also itching intractable in the extremities for the full 3 years, but less localized rashes are a new thing as a persistent state.

the rash begins in small dots, almost like bug-bites, and spreads to broader areas of reddened, slightly raised skin with no pale center (or any other color differentiation), and with abnormal borders/asymmetry. sometimes they seem to ooze a bit of oil or pus on the surface, and they have a painful tingle to them more than an itch. it has been several days and they continue to spread instead of calming down or diminishing; they appear in areas exposed to sunlight and air, and areas that arent, areas that contact outside materials/surfaces and areas that dont, and are not focused on mucuous membrane regions (like underarms) or places that often see more abrasion from clothing or movement. they are spreading across my chest, back, arms, neck, and legs, somewhat radiating from my stomach region in all directions. this may very well continue getting worse, and i have no way to see a doctor right now (not that theyd be likely to have anything helpful to say anyway). im avoiding using my lycra/polyester wrist braces for carpal tunnel (which ive only briefly used for a few days lately due to concern about the materials) in case that has any contributing influence, and aside from trying those a few days before the rash began developing, i have not changed my diet, exercise, sleeping, products, or general environment. just sitting here makes me feel like my skin is slowly burning off my body, but luckily it hasnt yet gotten to the point of severity of pain where i feel like something must be done immediately towards relief.

ive read several other threads on here mentioning hives and histaminic responses, and read a bit elsewhere, but this is the sort of specificity that individual members seem best suited to address, even if you cant predict the symptoms or reactions in another withdrawing person. thanks for reading.

Excercise, showering, chemicals in household products can all create a histamine response. Also, changes in climate temperature.

The low histamine chef website does a much better job of explaining this than I ever could. A quick Google search should bring that site up.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I had skin rash on my legs and face during increasing dose and then decreasing the dose, not sure which is the cause though. The doctor prescribed steroid cream which cleaned up the ones on legs soon, but those on the face ca pomes and goes for a while each time I reduce the dose. They eventually stopped showing up as my dose went down further.

No one knows for sure what exactly what is going on inside my body under influence of the meds and the change of dose. Possibly our immune is harmed somehow causing the allergy reaction.

I would think ways to enhance immune system is the key. I have been taking OPC 3 which helps great deal with my immune system. It is possible why those problems didn't return.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

• 2 weeks later...

I had skin rash on my legs and face during increasing dose and then decreasing the dose, not sure which is the cause though. The doctor prescribed steroid cream which cleaned up the ones on legs soon, but those on the face ca pomes and goes for a while each time I reduce the dose. They eventually stopped showing up as my dose went down further.

No one knows for sure what exactly what is going on inside my body under influence of the meds and the change of dose. Possibly our immune is harmed somehow causing the allergy reaction.

I would think ways to enhance immune system is the key. I have been taking OPC 3 which helps great deal with my immune system. It is possible why those problems didn't return.

Like you, I started to get a rash, but now has turned to hives and / or rash when I was changing my paxil dose. I went down from 10mg, to 5mg, then back to 10mg within a month period. I am currently on 2.5. Rashes or hives still sprouting.

20mg in 2014

Short temper, hostile. Brain zaps. Bruxism. Wild vivid dreams  Hives Food intolerance Lump in throat, . Joint pain. Knees, elbows.  Pain in feet. Numbness in hands. Shaking, like I'm cold. Trembling. Tremors, muscle twitches all over. Facial tics. Eye, lips. Head.  Floaters in my eyes. Severe Insomnia (between months 4-5)  then returned from March-October 2016. I'm sleeping better now. Dreams have returned to normal (month 7) High levels of anxiety when around large crowds or in large rooms. Intestinal spasms, heartburn.  Dizzy spells.  Panic/Anxiety Attacks suddenly developed months 8 out.  4 years out, 98% feeling back to normal.  (October 9 2019)

Excercise, showering, chemicals in household products can all create a histamine response. Also, changes in climate temperature.

The low histamine chef website does a much better job of explaining this than I ever could. A quick Google search should bring that site up.

thanks for that. i was showering less frequently and less abrasively (had long-quit soaps and shampoos after withdrawal began), trying to keep cool, avoid prolonged sunlight and any chemicals i could. none of that was any different from my usual behavior, but i stayed indoors a bit more and would take breaks from things if they felt to be worsening the rash.

i saw a GP and he said he thinks its fungal (with no cause, and no explanation for all the non-rash symptoms like electric shocks and trouble breathing).  he prescribed a topical and an antifungal...i said no way, and asked questions about his diagnosis until he just referred me to a dermatologist for a second opinion.  the dermatologist said it was definitely NOT fungal, and was actually pityriasis rosea (despite being a pretty atypical presentation: no herald patch, no tree-formation on my back, and encroachment of the rash onto my neck and face).  he was in a massive rush and didnt explain anything to me about the symptoms---i looked those up afterwards.  he, too, wanted to give me a steroid and topical, and admitted they wouldnt help things heal any more quickly.  i refused those, especially in light of their being useless to me.

and, just like usual, he had no way to explain the other symptoms that correlated entirely and exclusively with the rash period.  in fact, he had no explanation for the rash either---it is of unknown cause and mechanism, so he was just going by appearance, despite contraindications.  he did say he has never heard of antidepressant withdrawal rashes, and that it doesnt look like an antidepressant usage rash.  for some reason mention of histaminic reactions went over his head or he was just being a smartass or playing dumb, so he didnt address that possibility.

the rash finally faded somewhat, after several weeks.  i was told it shouldnt last beyond 8 weeks.  either it left scars or is still in the process of dying down, but my antidepressant-heavy withdrawal experience has shifted to swinging back and forth between antipsychotic, antidepressant, and sedative symptoms.  im slated to see a neurologist, finally.  im trying to find one that claims beforehand to recognize and treat withdrawal-related issues...there is no reason to subject myself to tests and demeaning treatment and write-offs if they cant do anything for me, with a diagnosis, that im not already doing for myself.  and im hoping im in the last 1-2 years of acute withdrawal, anyway.

from 2005-2012, i spent 7 years taking 17 different psychotropic medications covering several classes.  i would be taking 3-7 medications at a time, and 6 out of the 17 medications listed below were maxed or overmaxed in clinical dosage before i moved on to trying the next unhelpful cocktail.

antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, tetracyclics): zoloft, wellbutrin, effexor, lexapro, prozac, cymbalta, remeron
sleep aids (benzos, off-label antidepressants & antipsychotics, hypnotics): seroquel, temazepam, trazodone, ambien

i tapered off all psychotropics from late 2011 through early 2013, one by one.  since quitting, ive been cycling through severe, disabling withdrawal symptoms spanning the gamut of the serious, less serious, and rather worrisome side effects of these assorted medications.  previous cross-tapering and medication or dosage changes had also caused undiagnosed withdrawal symptoms.

brainpan addlepation

Ok, so something of a coincidence, or not maybe.   My initial hives outbreak (which was SEVERE) occured when I went down from 10mg Paxil to 5- THEN back up to 10mg. That's when the hives started and escalated.  Since then, for the last 6 or so weeks, i've had mild rashes, occasional (mild) hives and have been treating with Claritin or Benadryl.

Sunday - I skipped my dosage.  No hives. However I was feeling other w/d effects - dizzy, very irritable/angry.   Monday, I went back to my dosage of 2.5mg.  BOOM - hives were sprouting out all day.   Tuesday (today),  took my normal dosage like I did Monday. Back to the usual, modest itch, or slight pre-rash on my skin. Took claritin to keep it at bay.  So I'm thinking, going up and down on the mg dosage is what's messed me up and given me these allergic reactions  Tomorrow I will cut my 2.5 to just 1.25mg and see what happens.  I'm almost of Paxil thank god. and trying to be patient.  But since my first hives reaction, I have gone down from 10mg to where I am now (2.5) and one thing that is for certain is that the hives/rashes, though ongoing, seem to be weaker and in less places than 8 weeks ago at 10mg. 

20mg in 2014

changing doses can have different side effects than going cold turkey.  any dose is an interference, and your body reacts to compensate, whereas complete withholding of a dose leaves your brain in a different chemical situation, and a compensatory overreaction may not be incited (or may be delayed).  i couldnt say if that is specifically the nature of your own case, but its a thought.

brainpan addlepation

I have experienced dried skin even though I put on cocunut oil. My skin resembles the skin of what a person would have in their late adulthood? I have also experienced premature aging wrinkles in my face and dark spots on the sides of my face. I am in my late twenties and I am not in the sun much. Has my body aged because of wd? Has anybody experienced premature wrinkles? If so how do you deal with it.

Celexa 20mg 2008-2012 for Social Anxiety

Failed attempt to stop reinstated

1 year taper skipping doses

Celexa free 12/2013

1/2014-5/2014 took 5 htp every other day

Failed Reinstatement 5mg of Celexa on 12/2014 for 5 days only

during withdrawal, my skin has looked like ****.  it often gets very dried out, papery, and worn.  it can crack and bleed all over my extremities, or feel like the elasticity has totally collapsed.  there are various problems, no doubt.  plus, acne, blemishes, and other skin problems have cropped up in full.  wrinkles, stretch marks, you name it.

i have found that my skin returns more to normal when the cycling is at a low point.  i think that being through withdrawal entirely will mean healthy skin once again.  for now, i look like someone who did coke for 30 years of their life and have terrys nails (like diabetics) and avoid soap and handwashing as much as possible so my fingers dont dry out and bleed every day.

i despise skincare products, but dont figure they would help some people much anyway---this is more fundamental and dysfunctional than simple dryness or sunlight or wear.  so, i just avoid things that make it worse as much as possible, and try to treat it gently when it suffers abnormal levels of damage.  being properly hydrated and gaining enough fats and water from foods in addition to drinks is important for me.

brainpan addlepation

Yes! I look old. I have aging skin on my hands and arms and face. I'm dry. I look older than I am. I'm 31. I'm not sure if this is the aging because of the stress of WD or if it's just something to do with my endocrine system that will even out.

Honestly, if I could be healthy again, I wouldn't even care if this did age me. Which, I'm sure it has. I just want to be well....with or without wrinkles is fine with me.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

• 2 months later...

I have a problem that I'm not sure if it's related to SSRI withdrawal, but I suspect it is. One years after quitting SSRIs almost cold turkey, I started experiencing intense genital itching. The irritation was so annoying that I used to wake up at night to scratch my genitals. 

Now it's 3 years that I've quit SSRIs, and these symptoms are chronic. The fungal test resulted negative, and all dermatologists said that I don't have any infection, and that the irritation is just due to the sweat. 

My genitals' skin is always red and too humid, sometimes it becomes like "chicken skin" (with small bubbles everywhere), and I can't stop scratching. When I walk and sweat it gets worse.

I was just wondering if someone experienced my same symptoms. I started thinking that it's a neurological problem caused by SSRI withdrawal, because there is no apparent external cause. 

On Cypralex from June 2012 to October 2012, then I quit almost cold turkey.

First symptoms: dizziness, brain zaps, sever mental confusion. After almost a year my condition was acceptable but I still had symptoms.

Having mild symptoms until now (intermittent confusion and sleep disorders).

My favorite citation: «There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy» ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi youngguy,

I don't know if your problem is related to SSRI withdrawal or not. But we have a couple of threads related to persistent itching related to withdrawal:

Intense itching - Surviving Antidepressants *topics merged

Skin issues: hives, acne, dryness etc. - Symptoms and self ...

What you have described sounds like hives, which can be an allergic reaction to something. Maybe try changing your soap or washing detergent. I use calamine lotion for itches, it doesn't cure anything, but can stop the itching for a while.

Edited by Petunia
updated

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Administrator

Perhaps you can use some mild powder to keep your junk dry.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Youngguy, shower before bed and use gold bond powder.

20mg in 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012K1A5Q?keywords=itch%20gold%20bond%20powder&qid=1445181780&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Good suggestion Toulouse. Best anti-itch products on the market.  I used their powder a couple of days ago to good effect.  I learned about Gold Bond from my father who had a chronic itchy skin condition. The ONLY thing that helped him was Gold Bond, powder or lotion, depending on the area effected.  For genitals, use the powder.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• 4 months later...

I used to have very healthy and wet skin, it became dry, old and lizarish overnight after the beginning of drugs. Did anyone suffered from the same issue and eventually recovered after beeing weaned ?

Mid 2012 : aripiprazole for nothing (actually only 2 reasons : no job and lonely)>serotoninergic syndrome+seizure>psychiatrist denial> amisulpride 400mg +quetiapine 600mg +olanzapine 10mg +xanax 0,5 mg +alimemazine+lormétazepam+effexor+lorazepam during almost 2 years>

Saved by a pharmacologist from major seizure during the antipsychotics taper > switched to 16 mg diazepam taper since may 2014. Failed at 12mg in july.16 mg again in july 2014.1mg down every week.failed at 3,33 mg in november 2014,back to 5mg at slower taper rate
febr 2015 4mg  /march 2015 3mg  / may 2015 2mg / june 2015 1,66mg   /july 1,33mg  / aug end 0,66mg  / sept end 0,33mg  /  oct end 0,17mg   /   1st nov 0,14mg  /  10 dec 2015 JUMPED

Aged swollen face, huge wieght gain impossible to loose despite healthy diet and workout, belly,insomnia,gastrointestinal disorder,dry sagging skin,genital shrinkage, no libido, muscle+hair loss,wrecked maybe forever but not tortured by drugs anymore.

Hi Xavier,

I developed dry skin thanks to the drugs I took, it happened quite quickly too.  Like you I had an adverse reaction to a drug, and then I was given drugs to "treat" the reaction including some you were on.

I don't know if you are up for doing this, but, what has helped me is to put honey on my skin before showering.  Leave it on for five minutes or more then just wash it off as you shower.  It's mildly moisturizing.   (Of course if you are allergic to bee products, don't do this!)

My skin is also very sensitive so I've had to really search to find something that worked.  However if your skin isn't as sensitive you might try different oils to see if one would work.

I sometimes use tamanu oil which generally is for scars and other skin problems but is fairly heavy, it maybe would be beneficial. I can tolerate it. However it seems the honey is more effective. 

I also read recently about avocado oil which is supposed to help dry skin.  I haven't tried it yet though.

Also a gentle exfoliator to remove the dry skin would be something to look into too.  I just use an exfoliating cloth made of natural materials.

And I'd guess since you had such a severe reaction you probably are sensitive to supplements, but, if you can tolerate consuming fish oil, or if not, oily fish, the omega 3s I believe are supposed to be good for your skin. 

I am sure others here will have other suggestions too.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

One more suggestion for dry skin--try putting on some sort of oil that can be used for dry skin right before you have a shower/bath so as to keep it from getting dried out even more.

I can't usually handle most of oils but tried doing this with olive oil in which I had soaked a herb (I won't say which one as this is an experiment I am running), and, so far so good, it's made my skin feel a lot better and, it doesn't seem to be reacting badly to doing this either.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

This is interesting. About two years after quitting cold turkey my skin became extremely sensitive. I developed horrible type 2 rosacea and had to go on Accutane to cure it. There is no history of rosacea in my family, while I am fair I tan easily and my skin had always been oily, tough as nails and the envy of people. So I didn't fit the profile of someone with rosecea. Finally, now 10 years later my skin it back to its original state. I have ZERO rosacea which is odd because there is no cure for rosacea and it is a chronic disease.

I have developed rosacea too...I have burning sensations in my face and rosacea keeps getting worse. I didn't have much of rosacea before i started to taper but now it is very visible and i have to use make up to cover it.

Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015

Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mgFeb 30mg, March 25mgApril 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mgJuly 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,

Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.

Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.

Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg

Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,

Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg

Since this thread is bumped, I'd like to chime in with my progress. I was diagnosed by allergist as having chronic hives back in November.  I believe that my WD from Paxil is what created whatever imbalance was happening in my body to result in this diagnosis.  In December I went to a holistic doctor who put me on a strict gluten, soy and dairy free diet. My chronic hives diminished greatly within the next month and now I am hive free.  I still get a little, what i consider, flushing in spots, but it goes away within the hour without any need for antihistamines.  I had lab work done that showed I was vitamin D and B folate acid deficient, for what its worth.  All other labs came out normal.

My skin is still sensitive to pressure, or scrapes. But also slowly has gotten better.  I am 6 months off of Paxil.

20mg in 2014

This is interesting, I developed acne on my shoulders (which I've never had in my life) for what I thought was because of my marathon training.

Now I think it was because of the Cipralex as I started taking it in Feb 2014 and did my first marathon in June 2014.  I stopped running altogether in July 2015 because of muscle and joint pain.

The acne improved dramatically when we were in Mexico due to the humidity, but it hasn't really gone away and I am left with scarring which is white due to the steroid cream I was prescribed.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

This is interesting, I developed acne on my shoulders (which I've never had in my life) for what I thought was because of my marathon training.

Now I think it was because of the Cipralex as I started taking it in Feb 2014 and did my first marathon in June 2014.  I stopped running altogether in July 2015 because of muscle and joint pain.

The acne improved dramatically when we were in Mexico due to the humidity, but it hasn't really gone away and I am left with scarring which is white due to the steroid cream I was prescribed.

Do you still take that 2.5mg Cipralex? I think these drugs can mess up hormonal levels and hormonal acne is due to too much testosterone or dihydrotestosterone. I have pimples too on my back, shoulders and chin. 

Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015

Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mgFeb 30mg, March 25mgApril 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mgJuly 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,

Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.

Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.

Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg

Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,

Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg

Hi Reaching, yes I still take the 2.5mg with a view to reducing by 0.25 starting 25th March.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 4 weeks later...

First time Paxil user at 10 mg in 2013 for 9 months. Paxil 15mg for about 14 months in 2015-2016. The first time I tapered off Paxil, everything was great. I had no withdrawal symptoms. This is why I did not hesitate going on it again a second time. I am officially weaned off Paxil since 4/5/16. I began tapering the beginning of Feb 2016. However, ten days into tapering my dosage, I blew up in hives. It started with my ears becoming complete itchy and swollen. Things then led to full blown body hives (neck, face, shoulder blades, torso and back) and multiple visits to the ER. I was given hydroxezine, cetrizine, prednisone, a medrol pack on another occasion, and montelucast. None of these medications completely took away my hives. I suffered from hives everyday. However, I began to notice that every time my Paxil dosage was lowered, my hives weren't as aggressive. Fast forward to today (no longer on Paxil) and I'm still getting hives. Although they're not as bad as they were in the beginning, they're still there and won't go away. With each taper, the hives moved away from my torso, hips, and back and moved to mainly my arms and legs. These hives have completely taken over my life since the beginning of February. I just want my life back! I thought my hives were due to my tapering off of Paxil but I've been completely off for a week now and I'm still getting these things!

First time Paxil user at 10 mg in 2013 for 9 months. Paxil 15mg for about 14 months in 2015-2016. The first time I tapered off Paxil, everything was great. I had no withdrawal symptoms. This is why I did not hesitate going on it again a second time. I am officially weaned off Paxil since 4/5/16. I began tapering the beginning of Feb 2016. However, ten days into tapering my dosage, I blew up in hives. It started with my ears becoming complete itchy and swollen. Things then led to full blown body hives (neck, face, shoulder blades, torso and back) and multiple visits to the ER. I was given hydroxezine, cetrizine, prednisone, a medrol pack on another occasion, and montelucast. None of these medications completely took away my hives. I suffered from hives everyday. However, I began to notice that every time my Paxil dosage was lowered, my hives weren't as aggressive. Fast forward to today (no longer on Paxil) and I'm still getting hives. Although they're not as bad as they were in the beginning, they're still there and won't go away. With each taper, the hives moved away from my torso, hips, and back and moved to mainly my arms and legs. These hives have completely taken over my life since the beginning of February. I just want my life back! I thought my hives were due to my tapering off of Paxil but I've been completely off for a week now and I'm still getting these things!

Been there and done it. Mine have gone away. See my response to you in my introductions thread for details on how and when mine cleared up.

20mg in 2014

Hya all, for me up until now only a minor problem, but still unnerving sometimes: Skin issues. For example a feeling of burning, tingling, needles and pins and even oil mostly on my legs and lower arms. Additionally I have a very rough and dry skin in my face, despite using creme every day. Does anyone have a clue what this is and what might help to lessen or even resolve those symptoms? Edit: The symptoms have been the worst last week since stopping the pills. They are still endurable though. I hope that I do not have to worry and that this is normal in wd?

This has been my number one issue with withdrawal- the insane itching, crawling feelings on my skin, thanks for posting this up.

The one thing that helps me the most when it gets too intense is taking an oatmeal bath. 

I also take the actual aloe plant, peel it open and put the juices all over my body. 

2005/6-2013 - A wild rollercoaster of meds I can't remmeber, i was on 40mg of zyprexa at one point daily
2014 200mg Zoloft /5mg Saphris
2015 April 200mg Zoloft /5mg Saphris
2015 May 200mg Zoloft / 400mg Seroquel
2015 June 200mg Zoloft / 300mg Seroquel
2015 July 150mg Zoloft / 200mg Seroquel
2015 August 125mg Zoloft / 100mg Seroquel
2015 September 100mg Zoloft / 50mg Seroquel
2015 October 50mg Zoloft
2015 November 75mg Zoloft

2016 November 100mg Zoloft; 112.5mg Clozaril 

• Mentor

My skin is horrifically dry, and scabby, especially my face.           I take zinc, every day, which helps, and I can now go out in public again.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I've found this thread, I've just had my second monthly since starting withdrawal and I have so many blemishes on my face, especially my forehead. My skin wasn't even this bad during puberty.

2001 - Prozac 20mg for a week weeks   2001- Venelaxafine 37.5 mg  2006 - Ciptralex 10mg I think   2008 - Mirtazipine (not sure of dose, was the lowest though).  2008 - Citalopram (standard dose)  2009 - Prozac 20mg until 29 Feb 2016  2016 - Setraline 25mg for 3 days (from March 3rd until March 5th).  2016 - 11th March Reinstated 5mg prozac. 26th May 2016 down to 4.5mg Prozac. 26June 2016 down to 4mg prozac. Back up to 5mg on 3rd July 2016.

Supplements - B- Complex, Flaxseed oil, L-lysine 1000mg, Iron 20mg. Spirulina 500mg. Quest Synergist Magnesium 150mg, Salmon oil 1000mg twice a day, Evening Primrose oil 500mg. 

Cipralex 10mg 17th July 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so along with the spots on my face and chest, I now have hives all over my torso. I've not changed my shower gel (I use parben free, sulphate free, organic shower gel). And I have very dry legs. My skin has never had these problems :/

I know it will all go eventually.

2001 - Prozac 20mg for a week weeks   2001- Venelaxafine 37.5 mg  2006 - Ciptralex 10mg I think   2008 - Mirtazipine (not sure of dose, was the lowest though).  2008 - Citalopram (standard dose)  2009 - Prozac 20mg until 29 Feb 2016  2016 - Setraline 25mg for 3 days (from March 3rd until March 5th).  2016 - 11th March Reinstated 5mg prozac. 26th May 2016 down to 4.5mg Prozac. 26June 2016 down to 4mg prozac. Back up to 5mg on 3rd July 2016.

Supplements - B- Complex, Flaxseed oil, L-lysine 1000mg, Iron 20mg. Spirulina 500mg. Quest Synergist Magnesium 150mg, Salmon oil 1000mg twice a day, Evening Primrose oil 500mg. 

Cipralex 10mg 17th July 2016.

• 2 months later...

My face is now covered in eczema - eyes, mouth, chin and neck.

It's sore, flaky and very dry.

Hydrocortisone cream ain't working.

Next try will be DERMOL.

Major Life Events: 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy