If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Australia members, please check in here

local support groups

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#37 NaturalBalance

NaturalBalance

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

Hey,
I'm Erin, I live North of Brisbane and just joined.
Hope to chat to some other Aussies
Several different anti depressants over past 10 years
Originally prescribed for depression after my Dad passed away
Last on Paroxetine (Paxil) for roughly a year
Stopped Cold Turkey March 2014 - BAD IDEA but didn't know any better at time
Great for first month then crashed hard and was bed ridden for 3-4 months
Improved a lot in next 4-5 months by resting, healthy eating and vitamins
9 months off and starting to see major improvements
I went through hell but kept going

#38 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

Wow, 5 Brissies here!  Do I smell a coffee in our future?  (dairy free, for me)

I'd love to catch up with others, would even make a special trip to do it, it would be truly awkward but exciting to see faces and touch people who are doing this, have done this.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

Currently Lithium Orotate 1.67 mg only.  I will re-evaluate this supplement in 2017.

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

#39 dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderators
  • 2,039 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hi Naturalbalance,

Welcome to the site and thanks for filling out your signature

Can I please ask you to open a topic for yourself in the introductions forum. Each member has one thread that is their own. This is where you can ask questions and we can provide support. It's also where you can keep something iof a record or journal about what's happening for you .

Dalsaan
Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.
Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.
Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.
Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.
Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).
Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivinganti...ic/2250-dalsaan

#40 dcrmt

dcrmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

Wow, 5 Brissies here!  Do I smell a coffee in our future?  (dairy free, for me)

I'd love to catch up with others, would even make a special trip to do it, it would be truly awkward but exciting to see faces and touch people who are doing this, have done this.

haha I just quit caffeine yesterday in the hope of improving my sleep patterns a bit.

Don't think I was that addicted as there're no withdrawal headaches, but yeah, it'll have to be decaf for me.

#41 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationAlbany, Western Australia

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hi all , I live in Sydney and would be interested to talk to Four Corners.

I've been treated with anti-depressants for around 30 years ( I just turned 50!!) and lived with serotonin syndrome for many years.    This was not recognized and the doctors I was seeing kept increasing the doses and changing me from one to another. 

I have recently been diagnosed by the Black Dog Institute as having Bipolar 2, depression (melancholic) and a panic disorder.    Am now on a mood stabiliser and feeling the best , most calm , I can remember.

I'd really like to be put in touch with other members in Australia.    All the best , One

What is serontonin syndrome?

ROOT CANAL done around 1990.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.
Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquol, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,                     27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg...............  took for about 6 days.  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and Morgellans, testing in progress.

Started MMS protocol 3/12/16  ( 5 days, on hold now )  waiting other testing....  9/12/16  1 x SSW per day, following decent doctor.  1 x hydroxo B12 injection today.

Found dentist, who probed, infection around that tooth, Xrays show nothing much, but it is full of infection. One antibiotic and wow, I feel so much better, tooth out tomorrow!

#42 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

Hi ang and all ,

Serotonin syndrome (or serotonin toxicity) is an excess of serotonin in the body which produces a potentially deadly range of symptoms.  Symptoms can include confusion , agitation , restlessness , headache , tremor , shivering and goose bumps , profuse sweating , diarrhoea , fever , changes in blood pressure , rapid heart rate , mental state changes (e.g. hypomania).     In severe cases unconsciousness , coma  , renal failure and death.

The way that SSRI and SNRI's work is by increasing serotonin levels , which has been shown to help depression.    The doctor who I was seeing had me taking

Lexapro 40mg daily between October 2004 and sometime after September 2010 - that is twice the recommended dose , and I weighed 42 kilos at the time.   I've since had genetic testing and it shows that the genes used to metabolize serotonin are compromised or just not working in me.

Until 2013 I had no idea about the complications of anti-depressants , and it's been a huge learning curve.   I was fortunate to have my care taken over by one of the Australian experts in this area , forensic psychiatrist Dr. Yolande Lucire.    Her new website is adversereactionsaustralia.com and I encourage everyone to check it out. 

Sorry I haven't filled in my history yet - I tend to feel overwhelmed when I see the course of my journey.   I lived in such a painful place for so many years , and it has impacted my life tremendously.    I'm really happy for everyone who has made it to this site - it's a huge thing to know you're not the only one , right?

If anyone wants to contact me , please do.   It doesn't matter what state you're in   (either geographical or mental , LOL).

Happy holidays  to all ,   xxx 

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg
2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta
Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.
July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.
Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.
October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.
March 2016 , 21mg

#43 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,737 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Fresh, please post your story in our Introductions forum -- it can be your journal and a case history to educate doctors.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#44 Altostrata

Altostrata

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,737 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

For New Zealanders, New Zealand members, please check in here

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

#45 Cheeky

Cheeky

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

I'm wanting to meet with other people from Australia for a support group.
It would be good if we could help each other out as we live close.
If anybody new of doctors or clinics etc, that specializes in withdrawal
Could share information and there stories .
-1995 to 2014 started at 20mg for 10 years and slowly increased it to 50mg Paxil-2014 8th of October 25mg Seraquel Started -2014 Tapered of Aropax from Oct 16th to 22nd Nov in only 1 week-2014 Oct 25th started Cymbalta on 30mg fo 1 week Nov 7th 60mg Cymbalta for 2 weeks and Nov 25th -28th 90mg Cymbalta - plus 50mg Seraquel-Tapered of Cymbalta from Nov 28th to 7th Dec - started Zoloft 50mg on the 8th of Dec-12th Dec 75mg Zoloft 16th Dec 100mg Zoloft and still on the 50mg Seraquel-2015 6th Jan 25mg Seraquel 15th Jan 125mg Zoloft and 50mg seraquel-21st Jan 20mg Paxil plus 50mg Seraquel 24th of Jan 30mg Paxil 27th of Jan 40mg Paxil<p>-started Seraquel Tapper Febuary 24th to 43.7mg then March 29th 37.5mg of seraquel May 6th 31.25mg May 28th 25mg4th Nov 21mg Seraquel 14th feb 12.5 Seraquel and still on 40mg PaxilCurrently 12.5mg Seraquel1st may started my Paxil tapper 5% 38mg 16th June 5% 36.8mg 23rd July 35.5mg August 6th 35mg
August 23rd 34.5mg currently 19th October 40mg Paxil and 50mg Seraquel at night 2nd November 43mg Seraquel

#46 clofty

clofty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Hi I live in the Sunshine Coast, Queensland and have been tapering Effexor but am stuck on 37.5mg forever!

pnd diagnosed after birth of 2nd child 1998. Can't remember what meds
Various on and off meds including Wellbutrin until Effexor in ?2008
went up to 300mg became a zombie and an alcoholic
titrated down to 75 in 2010
titrated down to 37.5 in 2011
16/3 37.5 minus 5 beads continuing for 4 weeks
18/3 37.5 minus 5 beads changed to pm dosing
3/4/2013 back to 37.5mg pm dosing

#47 dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderators
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Hi my fellow compatriots,

Here is a link to a PhD which is a critical public health analysis of depression and antidepressants in Australia.  It is a huge document but well worth the read.  http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4688&context=theses

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.
Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).
Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

#48 Hopefull

Hopefull

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hi Daalsan,

Can you please recommend a good psychiatrist in Melbourne. I ideally it would be someone who has similar philosophy to Dr Peter Breggin.  I would really appreciate your help in this as it is hard to find a psychiatrist that actively works with their patient towards recovery, instead of just prescribing medication. I am onto my 2nd psychiatrist. Still searching for the right one. I am really tired of forking out so much money towards useless doctors. Doctors who do not know what protracted withdrawal is, doctors who can't explain what happen to me, and is still happening to me. Doctors who don't have a clue about tapering their patients from AD's. Dr Purssey is the only Aussie doctor that is listed on this site.   Thank you.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

#49 dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderators
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hi Hopefull,

I'm sorry I dont know of any psychiatrists in Melbourne or doctors that know anything about withdrawal.   I have had to manage my own withdrawal with help and advice here.

Dalsaan

#50 Tammi

Tammi

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationQueensland Australia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Hi

I'm on the Gold Coast have just joined after PP closed.

Tammi

#51 dalsaan

dalsaan

• Moderators
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

HI Tammi,

Welcome to SA.  A lot of your PP friends are here and there is a thread about the closure of PP here http://survivinganti...closing/page-33

Can I ask you to start your own thread in the introductions section.   We each have one (and one only)   Your thread is the place where you can ask for advice/support on your personal situation and detail what's happening for you.   It's also the place where people can drop by and say hello.

Cheers

Dalsaan

#52 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

Hey Aussies! 

I got this from MIA (Mad In America) - prominent Dutch Professor of Psychiatry, Peter Gotzsche, is coming to Oz, and to a hall near you!  He's promoting his book, so tickets are cheap (I paid $22 a head):

http://blogs.crikey....ry/&h=PAQHqnAEB

https://www.mentalaz.wordpress.com%2Fhome%2F&h=PAQHqnAEB

https://www.eventbri...ets-13237695303

I hope I got the links right, but anyway, just googling his name and Australia will get you info about the book tour.

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

Currently Lithium Orotate 1.67 mg only.  I will re-evaluate this supplement in 2017.

#53 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

Thanks  for sharing Jancarol         Happy Australia Day to anyone reading this.

Best wishes for continued healing ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg
2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta
Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.
July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.
Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.
October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.
March 2016 , 21mg

#54 Kar

Kar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

I am an Aussie.  I've posted in the self-introduction thread.  Thanks.

March 2013-June 2015 reduced from 40mg to 18.5mg paxil. In mid June 2015, switched to Zoloft 50mg. (was on paxil approx 20 years)

#55 altruist

altruist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

I've noticed a new contactable psychiatrist listed for Sydney,:

http://survivinganti...e-5#entry123533

1998-2003   Highest legal dose of Prozac

2003:2008   Zyprexa, Flupenthyxol, Seroquel, Lovan, Cymbalta (60mg)

2010-2014   Cymbalta (60mg) Solian/Amisulpride (400-800mg)

2014-2015   Cymbalta (60mg) Solian/Amisulpride (400mg)

History of withdrawals: Over the years I have gone days without all of my medication [In the first years of medication ('98-2005) therefore causing suicidal thoughts. 

Throughout my history above, I have had constant and recently intermittent thoughts of suicide ie 'Suicidal Ideation'.

For 18 years I have constantly and countlessly made attempts at going cold turkey and missing 2-7days without medication.

http://survivinganti.../3420-altruist/

#56 altruist

altruist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:33 AM

I am from Sydney and I was wondering if there were any other Sydney-siders here?

1998-2003   Highest legal dose of Prozac

2003:2008   Zyprexa, Flupenthyxol, Seroquel, Lovan, Cymbalta (60mg)

2010-2014   Cymbalta (60mg) Solian/Amisulpride (400-800mg)

2014-2015   Cymbalta (60mg) Solian/Amisulpride (400mg)

History of withdrawals: Over the years I have gone days without all of my medication [In the first years of medication ('98-2005) therefore causing suicidal thoughts. 

Throughout my history above, I have had constant and recently intermittent thoughts of suicide ie 'Suicidal Ideation'.

For 18 years I have constantly and countlessly made attempts at going cold turkey and missing 2-7days without medication.

http://survivinganti.../3420-altruist/

#57 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi altruist , I'm in Sydney too.    Have you seen the section on tapering ?     There's info. about tapering Cymbalta there.

Dr Lucire isn't taking on new clients , but has offered to act as a consultant.    Her website is in my signature.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
March 2016 , 21mg

#58 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

OK, enough fiction.  I'm ready to get real.

I have NO REASON for anonymity, no reason to hide.  So I should "come out" first.

If you wish to contact me directly for a chat and coffee, here I am:

Mobile Oh Four One Seven 90125 Nine.  I prefer texts because I'm hard of hearing.

JanCarolwow at gmail.com

I KNOW this is publicinformation!!!!  That's okay.

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

#59 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

Hi janCarol....... bit far for me to come and have a coffee!!     australias such a big place.  I am in Albany, WA.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.
Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquol, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,                     27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg...............  took for about 6 days.  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and Morgellans, testing in progress.

Started MMS protocol 3/12/16  ( 5 days, on hold now )  waiting other testing....  9/12/16  1 x SSW per day, following decent doctor.  1 x hydroxo B12 injection today.

Found dentist, who probed, infection around that tooth, Xrays show nothing much, but it is full of infection. One antibiotic and wow, I feel so much better, tooth out tomorrow!

#60 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:29 PM

Too far for me also JanCarol , but I love your ballsy attitude.

I met someone from this site recently and it was a wonderful experience - for us both.    We're going to make it a regular thing , every month or two.   It was like meeting an old friend , where you didn't have to explain and didn't need to feel embarrassed or inadequate.

I highly recommend trying to set something up.   We could all do with the extra support.

Fresh

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
March 2016 , 21mg

#61 Cheeky

Cheeky

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

Hey fresh,
I would love to met up with any Aussies , it would be great to have a face to face talk about all this stuff.
I feel 95% of people don't understand about antidepressants and the problems they cause.
All Sydney people or anyone else who wants to get together , let's organize it .
-1995 to 2014 started at 20mg for 10 years and slowly increased it to 50mg Paxil-2014 8th of October 25mg Seraquel Started -2014 Tapered of Aropax from Oct 16th to 22nd Nov in only 1 week-2014 Oct 25th started Cymbalta on 30mg fo 1 week Nov 7th 60mg Cymbalta for 2 weeks and Nov 25th -28th 90mg Cymbalta - plus 50mg Seraquel-Tapered of Cymbalta from Nov 28th to 7th Dec - started Zoloft 50mg on the 8th of Dec-12th Dec 75mg Zoloft 16th Dec 100mg Zoloft and still on the 50mg Seraquel-2015 6th Jan 25mg Seraquel 15th Jan 125mg Zoloft and 50mg seraquel-21st Jan 20mg Paxil plus 50mg Seraquel 24th of Jan 30mg Paxil 27th of Jan 40mg Paxil<p>-started Seraquel Tapper Febuary 24th to 43.7mg then March 29th 37.5mg of seraquel May 6th 31.25mg May 28th 25mg4th Nov 21mg Seraquel 14th feb 12.5 Seraquel and still on 40mg PaxilCurrently 12.5mg Seraquel1st may started my Paxil tapper 5% 38mg 16th June 5% 36.8mg 23rd July 35.5mg August 6th 35mg
August 23rd 34.5mg currently 19th October 40mg Paxil and 50mg Seraquel at night 2nd November 43mg Seraquel

#62 Fresh

Fresh

Platinum star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

That's a good idea Cheeky.

A couple of issues though , there's only a few of us in each state , and geography could be a problem.    The other thing is as a group , we're extremely unreliable   

(due to ongoing symptoms) or even housebound , so it may only be 2 or 3 people at first.    But 2 or 3 people who relate is more valuable than a hundred who don't , I reckon.

If you'd like to meet me and steeley , just message me  :)   (sorry steeley , I've blown your cover!  lol)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg
March 2016 , 21mg

#63 Damienpryan

Damienpryan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:01 AM

Hi all

I'm in Melbourne.

Decaf for me ;-)

Cheers

Damien

(You can always get me on damien -at- ryancs.com.au)

Been on SSRIs (mainly Lexapro) for around 15 years.

failed attempts to go cold turkey before I got proper info on it.

Over last 2 years I've slowly gone from 20 mg Lexapro to 2.5 mg Lexapro.

on 25th Jan 2015 I've now moved to home made liquid Lexapro.

Plan is to drop roughly 0.2 mg per month over the next 1-2 years.  

25th Jan 2015 2.5 mg Lexapro liquid.

24th Mar 2016 1.0 mg lexapro (crushed tablet mixed and refilled into capsules)

Planned to be at 0.0 mg lexapro by about October 2016. 

I also take 50-100 mg modafinil per day, no short term plans of stopping/tapering modafinil but will re-evaluate after I'm off lexapro. 

#64 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

Actually, I know of about 5 SA'rs within cooee of here.  7 if you go all the way to City.  And probably more if we include the Gold Coast and Southside.

So yes, there's the tyrrany of geography, but hey - you cross those rivers and ride those trains to see your family and friends, don't you?  

A one off meeting shouldn't be impossible.

I'm just chock-a-block with medical appointments at the mo:  6 this week alone.   :o

#65 ardyes

ardyes

Getting started

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hi. I live in Melbourne and would like to meet up with people. I'm currently staying on the sunshine coast too. :)

#66 Sujema

Sujema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationKiama, NSW Australia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Hi to the Aussies,
I live South of Sydney. I'm particularly interested in Communicating with anyone who I has recently come off Effexor, to hear if you are experiencing similar withdrawal symptoms as myself, and how you are coping.
Sujema <<>>
I started Lexapro 2013 30? mg
Changed to Effexor 75 mg Jan 2014
Started tapering. 1st Dec 2014 -
75mg down to 37.5 in 1st month.
18.7 mg to 9 mg between 1st jan- 1st feb.
Discontinued 1st Feb- 27th Feb
Have experienced, daily, vertigo, disassociation, chronic fatigue, insomnia,
Pins and needles down right side head and intense despair.
Reinstated 4 beads Effexor 28th Feb 15'
Side affects of withdrawal not manageable particularly
Depression/dispair.

#67 Cheeky

Cheeky

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

hey Sujema,

I have not come off Effexor, but what you describe in your signature is common for withdrawel.

#68 Damienpryan

Damienpryan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

I'd agree with cheeky.
The ssri's are largely similar in there symptoms when stopping.
I was on Effexor a long time ago before switching to Lexapro.
I had heard Effexor nicknamed 'side effectsor'.
Cheers
Damien

I also take 50-100 mg modafinil per day, no short term plans of stopping/tapering modafinil but will re-evaluate after I'm off lexapro. 

#69 Damienpryan

Damienpryan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

I'd agree with cheeky.
The ssri's are largely similar in there symptoms when stopping.
I was on Effexor a long time ago before switching to Lexapro.
I had heard Effexor nicknamed 'side effectsor'.
Cheers
Damien

#70 AliG

AliG

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

Hi, I'm in Brisbane and would love to meet fellow Brisbanite's for coffee!  There seems to be a few of us.

Many SSRI's &SSNRI's over 20 years . Zoloft - 7 years .  Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and many more - on and off . No tapering. Cold turkey -  Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Drug free since May, 2014
             "Find a place inside where there's joy and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

#71 JanCarol

JanCarol

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

Hey AliG - 

I have had a request to start a support group for Brissie SA.   I believe this may be part of my porpoise in life.  I had a dream, and in the dream I even know where it would take place.  But that's years down the road.

If I can get a core SA group in Brisbane of at least 3, but preferably 5, then I will start advertising for "general public" on Meetup.   This will be social, peer support - learning from each other to get better, learning how we do things the same, or differently, what works and what doesn't - or just get together and whinge with like minded people!

We may attract some drama queens and nutbags but if our core group is strong, that won't shake it.

I'll send you my schedule this week - you pick the venue - we will coffee! (or decaf, or soy chai latte, or whatever)

#72 ang

ang

Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

We may attract some drama queens and nutbags but if our core group is strong, that won't shake it. Someones quote.

If you believe this, then perhaps you are not ready to start a group.  In my experience, the drama queens and nutbags are the ones who are apparently """well"..  

I appreciate your open and honest comments, I hope no-one minds if I write about my thoughts and expeiences.  There is a Depression Support Group in Albany, where I am, but I have never been.  I don't know why?  Maybe because they are accepting that they have an ""illness" by the title of the group, but I could be wrong. Perhaps they are also survivors of antidepressants, I dont know.               I dont think I ever had an illness, just a bad doctor. Perhaps there are already "Depression Support Groups" out there already, in your areas?

Have you had experience with "nutbags" before?  I have, he was my ex husband, and he was "going to get me shot".......  apparently he was sane.  No-one would ever pick him out of a crowd, for being a nutbag,  but he was... for quite a while there.  It was quite a worry, when I heard blasts over two nights, and found a spent shotgun cartridge in front of my house  (I live in Australia, we do not have guns)....  all I could do was laugh, when my son picked up the cartridge,  and say  ""oh well he missed".

Anyhow I wish you well.   I apologise for my ramblings, or musings?

Why does it have to be an official sort of group?  Are you going to have a proper meeting, with an agenda and such?  Or just an informal get together in a coffee shop?  Or perhaps a half hour walk together in a park?

It seems to be some "brainwashing", I believe, that people with mental illnesses should not communicate with each other, stay anonymous  ""as there are nutbags out there"...  I found it quite weird, but interesting, that in Graylands, when I finally made it to Mother and Baby ward, that the Mothers there would not go out amongst the other ""├»ll patients"...  they were frightened of them, but they were just the same, just in a different ward.......Amazing, there was this heirachy in ill patients.  Mother and Baby patients put themselves above all the other patients..  I had already been in every ward, and they were all the same.  A bit like I am ill, but not as ill as the others....  We are all equal, but some more equal than others.

While there,  I found that the patients were the sane ones.  All there because of some horrific trauma during childhood, or abuse in their present life. Or like me, getting over a severe reaction to a medication. 

I was never allowed to continue to communicate with friends I made there.  All secrecy stuff.  Keep all the nutters apart. Surely this place could have passed letters between old patients?   I still wonder how they are getting on now.  It was the patients, there, who make the other patients better.  I have so many stories to tell, all humble and humane, the staff were not humane, just patients to patients.

It seems just another perpetuation of the myth that mentally ill people cause all the drama and trauma in the world, I think they (we) are the ones who suffer all the drama and trauma. The only person I was terrified of was my husband, he wanted to "have me shot"....and he was apparently sane?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: local support groups