WinningThrough

Partial Recovery Stories?

45 posts in this topic

Hi AliG. Congratulations to you on your partial success story. AliG, I have a question for you. I know you said that after you found this site you stuck with the discontinuation. What helped you the most as you were going through the very difficult months of Withdrawal symptoms? I am so happy for your great progress!!! Could you please respond? What I am so impressed with and encouraged by is your persistence to stay the course. What helped you day by day?

Hi Triplem. That is such a hard question to answer but I'll attempt to.  I had an unwavering faith in the process once I landed here and discovered the truth. I got angry and had a huge desire to be free of the drugs that had negatively influenced so much of my life. I saw very clearly how I had been fooled by doctors and Big Pharma . It was a turning point and I realized that it was " live or die".

That sounds dramatic but it was how I felt and actually still do. I was just so determined to beat this thing, no matter what. So, as I'm writing this I realize that it was a " mind shift ". I did my research and realized that I was in for a tough time, given my history of drugs and also my abusive past. I wasn't sure if I could do it but I had nothing much to lose so I just started and then kept going.

I " hunkered down" almost like preparing for a war - which in effect I was ! I used distraction mainly along with a certain isolation. I cut myself off from friends and family . It was like a defense mechanism.  I didn't really care anymore about anything in the beginning so I just kept going day to day. I still suffer occasionally from that emotional anesthesia but it's improving slowly. It's hard to go back , though. It can become a pattern that's hard to break. 

I saw symptoms as signs of healing and knew it was only a matter of time before I escaped.  I didn't panic and I had no fear. That was probably because I didn't care so much. I researched and learned about the power of the brain to regenerate so I had some faith. As I started to heal I regained some semblance of a life and also hope returned.

It has been a slow process of discovery and recovery.  In looking back it was half - not caring and half - a huge anger and desire to survive.

I wish I could say it was a magic supplement or treatment but at the end of the day it was just mind power and sheer grit and determination.

Hi Triplem. That is such a hard question to answer but I'll attempt to.  I had an unwavering faith in the process once I landed here and discovered the truth. I got angry and had a huge desire to be free of the drugs that had negatively influenced so much of my life. I saw very clearly how I had been fooled by doctors and Big Pharma . It was a turning point and I realized that it was " live or die".

That sounds dramatic but it was how I felt and actually still do. I was just so determined to beat this thing, no matter what. So, as I'm writing this I realize that it was a " mind shift ". I did my research and realized that I was in for a tough time, given my history of drugs and also my abusive past. I wasn't sure if I could do it but I had nothing much to lose so I just started and then kept going.

I " hunkered down" almost like preparing for a war - which in effect I was ! I used distraction mainly along with a certain isolation. I cut myself off from friends and family . It was like a defense mechanism.  I didn't really care anymore about anything in the beginning so I

just kept going day to day. I still suffer occasionally from that emotional anesthesia but it's improving slowly. It's hard to go back , though. It can become a pattern that's hard to break. 

I saw symptoms as signs of healing and knew it was only a matter of time before I escaped.  I didn't panic and I had no fear. That was probably because I didn't care so much. I researched and learned about the power of the brain to regenerate so I had some faith. As I started to heal I regained some semblance of a life and also hope returned.

It has been a slow process of discovery and recovery.  In looking back it was half - not caring and half - a huge anger and desire to survive.

I wish I could say it was a magic supplement or treatment but at the end of the day it was just mind power and sheer grit and determination.

great to hear, just what i needed now

Hey guys. I would say I'm a bit recovered. Last year at this time i was in my bed whishing to die.

This year I'm at my third week at uni, so far so good. I can see its much harder for me than people around me, but I am pushing through.

AliG thank you for being so honest. I do appreciate you. I would have to say I am thankful , so thankful for this site snd for people like you. Thank you. AliG my next question is this, the Neuro emotion, do you get it? I do struggle with it in the waves. It has been improving so very slowly but I do notice improvement. The Neuro healing is slow!!! It is so good to know we are not alone on the site. It is amazing to me how alone I can feel in my physical world. People cannot comprehend this. One cannot share this with just anyone, the experience I have had is that they do not understand withdrawal. My husband tries to be as supportive as he can , also some close family members but the general population has no idea.

Servadai, thank you and how wonderful you are back in school. So, if I hear you correctly, over a years time you have seen good progress!!! If so, wonderful!!! It is slow but yes, it comes baby steps at a time.

I'm also partially recovered - 65 to 70% if I had to quantify it. I am 19.5 months off ssri, snri and a tricyclic antidepressant I'd taken for over a decade. I cold turkeyed them all at once, simultaneously. Probably not the best action to take but I did. The first year was met with psychotic depression, Dr/dp , extreme muscle rigidity, hypersensitivity to noise/light, severe paranoid ideations, hallucinations, mainly aural. Couldn't work, could barely feed myself. I became an illiterate mute.

Today I'm back at work, able to read and digest nyt articles to legal material for work. My symptoms have broken up to where I am now experiencing moderate waves of depression that are shorter in length and lighter in severity at each successive session and my cognitive distortions are likewise receding into the background and becoming tolerably dissipating noise .

I hope we all heal as pain-free as possible.

Peace and love.

Gemini,

Can you confirm if you are still taking latuda .