If you find useful information here, your gift would help keep this site going. Our staff is entirely volunteer.

Photo

Partial Recovery Stories?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#37 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:27 PM

Hi AliG. Congratulations to you on your partial success story. AliG, I have a question for you. I know you said that after you found this site you stuck with the discontinuation. What helped you the most as you were going through the very difficult months of Withdrawal symptoms? I am so happy for your great progress!!! Could you please respond? What I am so impressed with and encouraged by is your persistence to stay the course. What helped you day by day?
I do take Flonase,also take Zyrtec on and off. Maybe twice per week. I am on Vit. C, B-complex, Vit. D, selenium, Vit E, fish oil, and l-lysine and thats it. No street drugs. No alcohol. 9/2006 Welbutrin XL 150mg, Began Weaning June 15, 2015, Alternating days, changed each mos. Oct 2015 switch to Immediate release 37.5mg. mid october 2015 down to 18.75, (9.37mg twice daily. stayed there one mos.) Dec 2015 down to 9.37mg in AM and 7mg in PM, January 2016 down to 7mg AM and 4.6mg in PM. 4/5/16 cut down what I thought was 2.5 to 3mg. From 4/16/16 until yesterday, was not doing well. 4/20/16, 37.5mg yesterday for first time. 4/21/16 Two days now on 37.5mg. 4/22/16 took monitors advise and dropped dose to 18.75, split dose ,twice daily, now holding.

#38 AliG

AliG

Platinum star

• Moderators
  • 3,478 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hi Triplem. That is such a hard question to answer but I'll attempt to.  I had an unwavering faith in the process once I landed here and discovered the truth. I got angry and had a huge desire to be free of the drugs that had negatively influenced so much of my life. I saw very clearly how I had been fooled by doctors and Big Pharma . It was a turning point and I realized that it was " live or die".

That sounds dramatic but it was how I felt and actually still do. I was just so determined to beat this thing, no matter what. So, as I'm writing this I realize that it was a " mind shift ". I did my research and realized that I was in for a tough time, given my history of drugs and also my abusive past. I wasn't sure if I could do it but I had nothing much to lose so I just started and then kept going.

I " hunkered down" almost like preparing for a war - which in effect I was ! I used distraction mainly along with a certain isolation. I cut myself off from friends and family . It was like a defense mechanism.  I didn't really care anymore about anything in the beginning so I just kept going day to day. I still suffer occasionally from that emotional anesthesia but it's improving slowly. It's hard to go back , though. It can become a pattern that's hard to break. 

I saw symptoms as signs of healing and knew it was only a matter of time before I escaped.  I didn't panic and I had no fear. That was probably because I didn't care so much. I researched and learned about the power of the brain to regenerate so I had some faith. As I started to heal I regained some semblance of a life and also hope returned.

It has been a slow process of discovery and recovery.  In looking back it was half - not caring and half - a huge anger and desire to survive.

I wish I could say it was a magic supplement or treatment but at the end of the day it was just mind power and sheer grit and determination.

Many SSRI's &SSNRI's over 20 years . Zoloft - 7 years .  Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and many more - on and off . No tapering. Cold turkey -  Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Drug free since May, 2014
             "Find a place inside where there's joy and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

#39 NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBrazil, PR, Curitiba

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Hi Triplem. That is such a hard question to answer but I'll attempt to.  I had an unwavering faith in the process once I landed here and discovered the truth. I got angry and had a huge desire to be free of the drugs that had negatively influenced so much of my life. I saw very clearly how I had been fooled by doctors and Big Pharma . It was a turning point and I realized that it was " live or die".

That sounds dramatic but it was how I felt and actually still do. I was just so determined to beat this thing, no matter what. So, as I'm writing this I realize that it was a " mind shift ". I did my research and realized that I was in for a tough time, given my history of drugs and also my abusive past. I wasn't sure if I could do it but I had nothing much to lose so I just started and then kept going.

I " hunkered down" almost like preparing for a war - which in effect I was ! I used distraction mainly along with a certain isolation. I cut myself off from friends and family . It was like a defense mechanism.  I didn't really care anymore about anything in the beginning so I

just kept going day to day. I still suffer occasionally from that emotional anesthesia but it's improving slowly. It's hard to go back , though. It can become a pattern that's hard to break. 

I saw symptoms as signs of healing and knew it was only a matter of time before I escaped.  I didn't panic and I had no fear. That was probably because I didn't care so much. I researched and learned about the power of the brain to regenerate so I had some faith. As I started to heal I regained some semblance of a life and also hope returned.

It has been a slow process of discovery and recovery.  In looking back it was half - not caring and half - a huge anger and desire to survive.

I wish I could say it was a magic supplement or treatment but at the end of the day it was just mind power and sheer grit and determination.

great to hear, just what i needed now

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in march of 2016 was at 300mg again

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

in september tried reducing trazadone to 50mg

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

currently taking 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel at night

#40 servadei

servadei

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys. I would say I'm a bit recovered. Last year at this time i was in my bed whishing to die.
This year I'm at my third week at uni, so far so good. I can see its much harder for me than people around me, but I am pushing through.

Jan2014-July2015 Escitalon (escitalopram) 10mg

10/10/2015- 4 months in withdrawal, coping very hard, praying for a window

#41 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

AliG thank you for being so honest. I do appreciate you. I would have to say I am thankful , so thankful for this site snd for people like you. Thank you. AliG my next question is this, the Neuro emotion, do you get it? I do struggle with it in the waves. It has been improving so very slowly but I do notice improvement. The Neuro healing is slow!!! It is so good to know we are not alone on the site. It is amazing to me how alone I can feel in my physical world. People cannot comprehend this. One cannot share this with just anyone, the experience I have had is that they do not understand withdrawal. My husband tries to be as supportive as he can , also some close family members but the general population has no idea.
I do take Flonase,also take Zyrtec on and off. Maybe twice per week. I am on Vit. C, B-complex, Vit. D, selenium, Vit E, fish oil, and l-lysine and thats it. No street drugs. No alcohol. 9/2006 Welbutrin XL 150mg, Began Weaning June 15, 2015, Alternating days, changed each mos. Oct 2015 switch to Immediate release 37.5mg. mid october 2015 down to 18.75, (9.37mg twice daily. stayed there one mos.) Dec 2015 down to 9.37mg in AM and 7mg in PM, January 2016 down to 7mg AM and 4.6mg in PM. 4/5/16 cut down what I thought was 2.5 to 3mg. From 4/16/16 until yesterday, was not doing well. 4/20/16, 37.5mg yesterday for first time. 4/21/16 Two days now on 37.5mg. 4/22/16 took monitors advise and dropped dose to 18.75, split dose ,twice daily, now holding.

#42 triplem15

triplem15

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationAppleton , WI.

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

Servadai, thank you and how wonderful you are back in school. So, if I hear you correctly, over a years time you have seen good progress!!! If so, wonderful!!! It is slow but yes, it comes baby steps at a time.

#43 Alua

Alua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationEmerald, australia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

Awesome servadei
<p>Various benzos 4 months for insomnia prior to Effexor 37.5mg may 2014 for two weeks, Mirtazapine 30mg june 2014 - feb 2015.Pristiq 50 mg Feb 2015. six weeks later attempted coming off with a six week taper. ten days off and it got ugly. Tapering now using compounded pristiq with slow release agent. 37.5 mg 3 weeks, 30 mg 6 weeks, 25mg 4.5 weeks, 20mg for 6 weeks, 17.5 mgs 7 weeks, 20 mg 8 weeks, 19 mg 3 weeks, 18 mg 3 weeks, 17 mg 3 weeks, 16 mg 3 weeks, 15mg 2 weeks, 14mg 2 weeks, 13 mgs 2 weeks, 12 mgs 6 weeks, 11mg 3 weeks, 10.5mg 2 weeks, 10 mg 3.5 weeks. 9mg is my current dose

#44 gemini

gemini

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Locationsan diego, ca

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:59 PM

I'm also partially recovered - 65 to 70% if I had to quantify it. I am 19.5 months off ssri, snri and a tricyclic antidepressant I'd taken for over a decade. I cold turkeyed them all at once, simultaneously. Probably not the best action to take but I did. The first year was met with psychotic depression, Dr/dp , extreme muscle rigidity, hypersensitivity to noise/light, severe paranoid ideations, hallucinations, mainly aural. Couldn't work, could barely feed myself. I became an illiterate mute.

Today I'm back at work, able to read and digest nyt articles to legal material for work. My symptoms have broken up to where I am now experiencing moderate waves of depression that are shorter in length and lighter in severity at each successive session and my cognitive distortions are likewise receding into the background and becoming tolerably dissipating noise .

I hope we all heal as pain-free as possible.

Peace and love.

Gemini,
Can you confirm if you are still taking latuda .

off cold turkey:zoloft, trileptal, stratteracurrently on:<p>latuda .05 milligrams latuda (to stabilize cns) from 20 mgs 4 months ago.

#45 gemini

gemini

Silver star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Locationsan diego, ca

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:59 PM

No
off cold turkey:zoloft, trileptal, stratteracurrently on:<p>latuda .05 milligrams latuda (to stabilize cns) from 20 mgs 4 months ago.