SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

JoLe: If I don't fit in a box, I certainly won't fit in a pill bottle

JoLe

Where I've been, what I've been doing.

Well, last weekend I felt like I was coming down with something, so I postponed my next cut to this week. That was a very good idea because on Monday I took my mother in to get her hearing aids. She was really stressed out and cranky and I was overwhelmed by her mood (we're so close, this happens a lot). I came home feeling even worse. On the plus side, I've gone back to oatmeal for breakfast (nearly) every day, and I've been on my bike most mornings. Tomorrow I go down to 108mg. I'm still feeling good most of the time. Work has been hard and exhausting, but it's doing things I enjoy.

I mention all this because nothing happens in a vacuum. It's August and the shadows are getting longer. It's still hot in the daytime, but autumn's just around the corner. All this stuff effects us, even the smallest things. I work with a woman whose day can be screwed up by not getting her morning Pepsi. A Pepsi isn't a big deal, and neither is one bad day. But we live one day at a time, one good or bad thing at a time.

Last week I had lunches with two co-workers. One is leaving the department for a promotion, so it's a bittersweet thing--great for her, but I'll miss her. The other just got diagnosed with cancer, and except for our boss, I'm the only one in the department she's told. It's a terrible thing she's going through, and I want to support her, but I have to admit being the only one who knows, the one she's chosen to tell, makes me feel good about myself. But I know that's not the important part.

Last night we had a terrific thunderstorm, and I did what I most like to do in a thunderstorm: I lay in bed and listened to the rain and wind and thunder, and watched the lightning. And my cat lay with me. It was a beautiful night.

I can call one or more psychiatrists crazy if they disagree with me. So can they. If I'm uncomfortable enough to do it, it's an insult. If they're uncomfortable enough to do it, it's a diagnosis, which gives them legal authority over precisely those aspects of my life about which we disagree. --Aaron Link Raz

Started at 30mg Cymbalta, which, including inactive ingredients, equals 114mg on my scale.

July 11, 2011: tapered down to 111mg.

JoLe, Oh yes, the change of seasons is a biggie. I walked by the electronics dept in WalMart the other day and felt a sudden rush of sadness. Mental (and physical) backtracking took me to the source: football on TV. IN AUGUST!! That is so wrong! Football means another summer is winding down. I love summer.

On the other hand, hearing the crack o' the bat in April sends my spirits soaring. :)

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).