luv2knit

luv2knit

The cycling of symptoms is horrific, isn't it? I'm right there with you.

Cycling is just that. I like to think of it as circling around a drain or toilet bowl. Eventually the gunk and turds go out to sea. Poor fishies!

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Lol, Pug.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Prayers, please. The last 24 hours have been THE WORST I've had in a long time for MANY reasons. Most of it related to withdrawal--or at least would not have been so bad if not for withdrawal. Will give more details later, but could use your prayers!!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

so sorry,luv-please hang on,you're in my thoughts and prayers

love, ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Praying! Hope your day gets better.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Moderator Emeritus

Luv2knit,

My thoughts are with you.

This, too, shall pass.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Have been praying continually for you Luv.  You have been in my thots and on my heart since yesterday.  Have been praying both for lifting of akathisia, etc and for strength.  Love you.  Will continue in prayer. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

((((Luv))))

Praying with all my might for you.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks, DS, Frustrated, apace, Selma, and Pug.

Just trying to get through the day. Akathisia has been ramped up higher this morning than it has been in a month or more. Things were starting to go downhill around the middle of the day yesterday. Then yesterday afternoon, got a call from our daughter that a truck had pulled in her driveway--she heard slamming of doors, etc., and when she looked out the window, the truck sped away. Hubby grabbed his pistol and went over there to check it out. (She has guns, and is a better shot than any of us--but just so someone could see "we" were keeping an eye out..) Yes, we have permits, and open carry is legal here as well. Everything seemed OK, except she "appeared" to be missing a chicken. Hubby came home, instructing her to call back, if needed. Less than 30 min. later, she called back, and I just handed the phone to him. He took off again, pistol in hand. I'm imagining either one or both of them getting shot, and who knows what. Turns out, she called when the truck pulled back into her driveway, and more slamming doors, etc., and said to her daddy, "Get over here now!!" We live a mile away, and the truck/occupant was messing around in her driveway/yard long enough that hubby was there by the time he was pulling out. I check in with daughter and she says hubby has stopped them in the street, and is out there talking to them. Again, I am picturing him getting shot. Turned out hubby had pulled his car into their path, forcing them to stop, and got out of his car--(gun visible) to talk to them. Now I'm picturing this getting blown out of proportion, and hubby getting arrested for "pulling a gun on them" (which is NOT what happened.) Turned out it was a kid who was "selling something" and was looking for daughter's fiance, who was not yet home from work. (SO WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK ON THE DOOR, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON?!) He apologized and left, still leaving me wondering if this was legit., and/or if we were going to have police knocking on our door later. We technically do own the house, so we could be tracked down that way, if nothing else. Once daughter found out later who this kid was, she felt really bad. Apparently she was convinced it was just bad judgment on his part, but I still have to wonder. I mean, this is the rural South, but really?!

While all this is going on, I am also getting FB messages from one person about a lady who is causing horrible drama on a FQ page, among people who are already very sick (including my daughter), and am also getting messages from another lady asking if we want to tell my daughter's story on the news. News stations all over the country have been doing stories on FQ Toxicity, and I would love to be a part of that, but--BAD TIMING!! I can't participate in this right now, and daughter does not even remember anything that happened in the days and weeks following her taking Cipro. We had talked about this before, in case we were ever asked, and she feels like that is all it would take to push her "over the edge". So I had to explain this, knowing full well the lady I was talking to was probably not going to be very happy about our refusal. (She seemed to be understanding, but truth be known... I don't know.). It is what it is, though, and it can't be helped. Like I told her... " Good opportunity--bad timing!" Argh...

Of course, I woke up at 2:00 a.m. (again)--thinking about all this, and no more sleep for me!! Still waiting and praying for the akathisia to recede, but it is not QUITE as bad as earlier!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!!

((((Luv))))

I am praying for you. It takes so little to ramp up our symptoms, let alone big issues you've faced today.

Everything will settle soon and you'll see how truly resilient you are.

Love and prayers, Pug

Thanks, Pug. You're right... It takes so little.

Apparently I have a "bug", because I had a sore throat yesterday, and woke up with it again this morning (what little sleep I got). Guess I need to start taking garlic again. I hesitated last time I got sick because I was afraid of it, but I didn't seem to have any obvious problems. I'm sure it would be better to catch it early. Praying I'll manage to not have any issues with it again.

Looks like I'm entering another phase of not being able to sleep but 2-3 hours a night. Hopefully it will be short-lived, because I can't function like this!

Akathisia settled somewhat as the day went on yesterday, and is about a moderate level this morning, which is not pleasant, but pretty typical for morning.

Love to all.

So sorry for the latest upheaval. That sounded pretty intense. I can see how it would have upset you. I hope you settle soon and I pray you don't get sick :(.

Xo

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks, WF. Definitely have a bug. Don't seem to have a fever, so hopefully a cold. Started garlic this morning. Ramped up now--"bug" or garlic(?)--or maybe just the fact that I had to drive to an appointment and errands today, because hubby had a telecon for work. Really stressed about that, on no sleep! Time will tell!

Wow! That's a lot to deal with. I hope it calms down... All we can do is just push through. Im amazed that you can get out and do so much. But, I know you don't have much of a choice. Praying. Xoxox

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I push myself to get out with the family. If I didn't I don't know where I would be. I can't say I wouldn't get out of bed, because the akathisia would not allow that, but I think I would be much worse off! I do hate, though, when something has to be done and I have to drive... No sleep and all...

Ya, that's hard, driving with no sleep. Ever since the sun has become an issue I don't go anywhere. I used to leave everyday. But, I don't even bother getting out in the evening. I should, but I just don't have the motivation.

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Luv, that seems like a lot, even for Alabama!!!

It's no wonder your symptoms ramped up on you.  On the other hand, if you handled all that, while you were getting sick at the same time, and you are rebounding to lower levels, that is a REALLY GOOD sign!

As an aside, my idea of "packing" up here in the Nation's Capital, is having a Reese's Peanut butter Cup in my pocket!  :ph34r:

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Oh Luv.   Dreadful to have to drive around with all that you have to deal with!  And I'm assuming there's the heat to deal with too.  But I do totally understand why its better that you get out and about rather than sit in the house and be completely aware of your brain's recovery process.  I'm the same---have to do whatever I possibly can that's at all "normal".  Will be praying that you can get through this with as little problems as at all possible.  xoxoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

WF--I don't blame you. By the time evening rolls around, I don't want to go anywhere or do anything.

Andy, I definitely swing (wildly) back and forth, but I do feel like the akathisia, on the whole, is not QUITE as ramped up as it used to be. Right now, for obvious reasons, I stay away from the guns. I just shot one for the first time a couple of years ago, at the age of 58. I think it woke me up when my daughter (a Black Belt in karate) was blindsided and assaulted by a "friend", who knew of her karate training, and enlisted the help of several family members, including her 6'5" husband, in implementing the assault. Fortunately my daughter was not SERIOUSLY hurt, but the girl was twice her size. Since the attack was totally unexpected, and my daughter is/was ill, she did not even have a chance to defend herself. The ones involved knew her strength (her feet) and just when she was starting to fight back, they backed off. I think our whole family decided at that time to stop looking at the world through rose-colored glasses, and be prepared to defend ourselves, if necessary.

Yes, Selma, the heat has been terrible. The heat indexes, for the most part, have been 105 to 110. I have not really been doing much, so I do have to get out when I can. Unfortunately, most of the time now, I just feel like I'm in a fog.

XOXO

I am SOOO done with this. I have tried so hard to be strong... Can I please just leave this world now?! Please, God!

Hi Luv, I so understand, believe me.   You have to stay strong, if not for you , for your daughter.  I've been through this.  I thought "no one cared".  One day , my daughter said, "you are my world, & if anything happened to you , I would be lost".   From that day, I have tried to "keep myself alive",  for her , and also my husband. You think "no one cares", but they do!!     You are the centre of "their world".  We also care a lot about you.  Don't under estimate your worth to everyone , in your life.   We have to "keep fighting". We have "centuries" to be in "heaven".  This is what we are here for.  To grow, even if we're in pain.  This makes us "better people".   Hang on, Luv.   xxx

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Very well put Ali! She is right Luv. I feel like that all the time but if I let myself die on purpose where would my kids be? Listen, today is my birthday and I am alone and feeling sh*tty and hurting as usual and feeling like noone really cares, but I realize that I have to just pull up my boot straps and try to carry on for my kids. I know it sucks because I live it too. Try to hang on and I will pray for you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Ohh. Frustrated. Happy birthday !!  Sorry it's not better, but I hope you celebrate , anyway.   You are alive to "celebrate" this day.  We care.   We care , very much.  Happy Birthday  !!!          Stay strong, Luv.     Thinking of you.  you will get through this.   xxx

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Thanks Ali.  Appreciate the well wishes.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Happy Birthday, Frustrated!!

Will get back with you all later. Just had someone tell me this morning on another group that "Zoloft withdrawal is a ride in the park compared to benzo withdrawal," when I was only being supportive of a new member. I didn't realize it was a competition, and I do NOT feel like this has been a "ride in the park". Wish people had more compassion :( Been crying all morning.

Don't cry, Luv. You know that's not right.  Certainly not a "ride in the park".!!  We understand. Don't let their ignorance , get you down.  Don't waste any more tears., on them.  You are strong.  xxx.

Thanks, Ali. Just bad timing for dealing with insensitive idiots... Especially when I was just trying to be supportive of a fellow sufferer. The "attack" came out of nowhere!

As a "sensitive soul", that you are, you have to develop a "thick skin". I know , because I'm the same.  Let it go , and concentrate on your well being, health & happiness.  It's all about you, at this point.  However, your daughter wants you here, as well, I'm sure.  Take care of yourself, Luv.   Hugs, Ali.

Thanks, Ali. Unfortunately, there's not much controlling the emotions right now, but I'm sure you are right.

XOXO

((((((((((((((((Luv)))))))))))))))))   No good deed goes unpunished, huh?  Sweet lady, you are such a blessing.  Anyone who doesn't understand that has a skewed take on who you are.  We all love you here Luv.  Your words to me have so many times brought me comfort.  I don't know what was missing in that person's comprehension but just let it go as best you can.  I've been through benzo w/d and this that I am going through is every bit as horrific and even more so.   But any kind of drug damage is beyond understanding.   Love you!  Praying.

Some people are idiots or just clueless and not understanding. Don't let this get to you. You cannot control their behavior, you can only control your response to what they do or say. Please don't give up no matter how hard this is. Withdrawal can't and will not kill you unless you give up on yourself. We all have our moments when we just want to die and for this hell to be over. But it's not an option. The only option we have is to carry on. Through the pain, through the tears. We're soldiers. We never ever give up. That's what we do here - we're a bunch of people who simply never ever give up. 

Gotta.Get.Through.This.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

sorry this person upset you so,luv. like you don't have enough to contend with-I'm sensitive ,too, especially in WD.

don't let it get to you-they're just ignorant.

just worry about taking care of yourself-that's what matters right now, XO ((((luv))))

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks, Selma, BB, and DS. I knew many on that particular board were withdrawing from benzos, so rather than sitting there stewing about it, I posted a question to the group. I just flat out asked if most were withdrawing from benzos, and if it was the general consensus of the group that the symptoms of those withdrawing from SSRI's were trivial. I thought I knew what the answer would be, but I also knew if that were the case--I am definitely in the wrong group!! It appears that this was just basically one lone idiot (as I suspected). BTW, when I defended myself to him, and told him I did not appreciate my suffering being trivialized, he did not even bother to apologize--simply posted a link that compared benzos to drugs like adderall and oxycontin--basically "street drugs". The article said nothing whatsoever about SSRI's, so I'm not sure what his point was. IMO, it is not a competition, and I feel we are all suffering and should be supportive of each other!

I'm still ramped up, but perhaps not QUITE as bad. Even my husband, who never says AMYTHING, said the guy was an idiot... Lol

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi

<3

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

• Moderator Emeritus

I have been waking up on and off throughout the past nine months (since leaving the medications) with episodes that feel like the flu. I will wake up with a sore throat and all the symptoms of the flu or of having caught some kind of bug, but I know it is simply leftover medication-damage.

Maybe you don't have a real bug, but a fake one. Maybe your immune system is rebuilding itself.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

You could be right, Wiggle. I have had "flu-like" symptoms like aches and pains. I also used to get sore throats and swollen lymph nodes with my CFS when I was extra tired or didn't get enough sleep. If I look at it that way, it could definitely be an effort to return more towards "normal" (for me). I will continue to take the garlic at least a few more days, though--just in case. I still have the sniffles, but my throat already feels better, so who knows!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

XOXO