SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Etienne69: Tappering risperdal consta

etienne69

hello evrybody . I'm not familiar with english writting . I'm sending you this post from france . 6 years ago i was locked in a psychward against my will and forced to take risperdal pills 4 mg then 3 months later switched to risperdal consta 50mg because i was having too many side effects with the pills.it's been now 5 years that i'm on risperdal consta shots. my psychiatrist has slowly reduced the dosage of my shots and since 3 years i'm on a stable dose of half a 25mg shot evry 2 weeks. I'm stable on this dosage but it's not helping me in the evryday day life i need to be active and productive and the things are not going this way i suffer from dizziness and when i make an effort and have difficulties to fall asleep at night . I would like to know if it's possible to reduce this small dosage anymore without  side effects .if it's possible to go back to risperdal pills and if it's possible to stop this night-mare.If Anyone familiar with risperdal specially risperdal consta could answer back to my questions i would agree thanks for the attention .

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Etienne, welcome to SA. I moved your post to Introductions, this will be your thread to add to

and ask questions about your medications.  

I do not know anything about the shots but it sounds like the doctor might have reduced the dose too

fast and you may be suffering from withdrawal symptoms. How long did he take reducing the dose?

I'm sorry I don't know enough about risperdal and shots to answer your questions, but our administrator

Alto will be along and may know more about them .

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

Welcome, etienne.

You've been on half a 25mg shot of Consta every 2 weeks for 3 years?

Does your psychiatrist know of the adverse effects you're having?

Please read this about reducing Risperdal:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1716-tips-for-tapering-off-risperdal-risperidone/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 years later...

How are you doing today etienne ? Comment ca va? 

Risperdal 3 mg 2014-2015

Abilify 10 mg 2015-2017

Risperdal consta 37,5 mg 2017

Latuda 37 mg 2018