SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Don't let anyone sell you anything on this site!

Altostrata

• Administrator

Hello, everyone --

This is a free volunteer peer support site. The people participating here give freely of themselves to help others.

Unfortunately, in support forums, people occasionally register with other agendas. They may want to promote a supplement program, a book they've written, or paid counseling services. They try to take advantage of suffering.

Do not give any personal information, including your e-mail address or phone number, to anyone who contacts you through this site selling something -- goods or services.

Supplement programs: We can't recommend any!

We don't know of any supplement programs that help recovery from antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. There are a few that make that claim, but there is no evidence the supplements work, or that they were chosen with any amount of knowledge.

People who are experiencing withdrawal often have hypersensitive nervous systems. If they are going to try supplements, it's best to try them one at a time, in very small doses, to see if they will aggravate symptoms. The supplement programs we know of package multiple supplements together for a high markup.

Because they make unsubstantiated claims, recommend taking multiple supplements that may be harmful, and sell common supplements at high prices, we do not recommend any supplement programs.

In the Symptoms and What Helps forum, we discuss individual supplements, do what we can to document effectiveness, and share anecdotal information about them, including tips where to find them at lowest cost. Please look there if you are interested in supplements.

Books or pamphlets

In our In the Media forum, people are welcome to post about books, for discussion by the community.

No one is permitted to sell books, or post links to sell books, on this site.

Counseling or healing services

No one is permitted to promote or sell their own counseling or healing services on this site. When doctors or psychotherapists register on this site, they may identify themselves by their professional credentials. However, they most likely would not offer individual therapeutic advice online, as this may make them vulnerable to lawsuits. They may talk generally about therapeutic techniques.

Anyone who identifies himself or herself as a mental health professional on this site will be required to submit bona fides to the administrator for verification.

We do hope to develop a list of doctors and psychotherapists we know understand gradual tapering and can support people through withdrawal.

If a person claiming to be a mental health professional or other counselor contacts you through this site offering their services, please immediately notify an administrator or moderator.

Be very careful in giving your e-mail address, phone number, or other indentifying information to anyone you haven't "known" for a while on this site. If you have any questions about someone, contact an administrator or moderator.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Recently, an e-mail went out to some site members from Natasha Hedemann advertising something called the Alternative to Meds Center.

This e-mail was not authorized or endorsed by SurvivingAntidepressants.org.

Someone from this company apparently registered, went through the member list, and copied any e-mail addresses that were visible on profiles.

See these instructions to hide your e-mail address on your profile.

If you received one of these e-mails, please let me know.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I didn't get the email. I'm glad this site is committed to noncommercial peer support and will do my part to help keep it that way.

I will not be buying anything.... unless somebody offers me a tasty sweet discount on some Longhorn tickets. I'd also consider a luxury yacht if the price was right, but it'd have to be really, really right.

:D

But seriously, shame on you, Natasha Hedeman!

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Moderator Emeritus

I didn't get the email. I'm glad this site is committed to noncommercial peer support and will do my part to help keep it that way.

I will not be buying anything.... unless somebody offers me a tasty sweet discount on some Longhorn tickets. I'd also consider a luxury yacht if the price was right, but it'd have to be really, really right.

:D

But seriously, shame on you, Natasha Hedeman!

Alex

Or dark chocolate truffles...

actually I'm looking for a good deal on a used freezer, but you'd have to deliver it to my house...

Maybe we should start a classified ads section.

Or maybe Alto should lock this thread so Alex and I can't post wise-ass remarks any more.

:-)

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

On Thursday I received an email notification on Delia's thread from someone named Paulie with 3 links to sites selling Kava Kava (I didn't click on them but the post was clearly selling Kava Kava).  Also this came through because I follow Delia's thread...

The same evening I got an email from someone calling themselves Team Rocket Leader entitled "We will be taking over this site soon."  It was very upsetting as it claimed to have all our passwords, etc. and had very aggressive language in it...pretty upsetting actually.  I clicked on the link to SA and I received the "Sorry..." message.

Can I assume that these posts were caught and removed and our passwords are safe? I am wondering how someone used Delia's thread to try to sell Kava kava?

Thank you.  It's all a tad hard to understand, upsetting and confusing.  I apologize if this seems like a waste of your time but maybe I'll know how to handle this if it happens again.

Grace

• amitriptyline from 1980-2002,
  • intermittent  use of benzos over 2 decades prior to 2002
  • 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-2023 tapered trileptal to 98 mg.  had to completely stop tapering due to multiple chronic, serious health issues
  • currently 2024 still on 98 mg. trileptal and 4 mg. remeron
  •   Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.   The diazepam is way weaker and brought on severe acute w/d
  • Current dose of diazepam is 7.9 and valium is 6.6.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

• Administrator

Those posts were from a comment spammer who has been banned. There was no intrusion into our member database.

Hi,

On Thursday I received an email notification on Delia's thread from someone named Paulie with 3 links to sites selling Kava Kava (I didn't click on them but the post was clearly selling Kava Kava).  Also this came through because I follow Delia's thread...

The same evening I got an email from someone calling themselves Team Rocket Leader entitled "We will be taking over this site soon."  It was very upsetting as it claimed to have all our passwords, etc. and had very aggressive language in it...pretty upsetting actually.  I clicked on the link to SA and I received the "Sorry..." message.

Can I assume that these posts were caught and removed and our passwords are safe? I am wondering how someone used Delia's thread to try to sell Kava kava?

Thank you.  It's all a tad hard to understand, upsetting and confusing.  I apologize if this seems like a waste of your time but maybe I'll know how to handle this if it happens again.

Grace

I received that as well Grace from TeamRocketLeader.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Administrator

It was from some dumb kid trying to make money on the Interwebs.

Thanks Alto; should we just ignore suspicious stuff like this or report it? grace

• amitriptyline from 1980-2002,
  • intermittent  use of benzos over 2 decades prior to 2002
  • 2002-2010 Klonopin 1-2 mg., ambien 10--20, mg, remeron 4 mg. and  trileptal 300 mg
  • 2011 Stopped ambien and crossed over to valium 17.5 mg. (updosing 2.5 mg. to cover ambien C/T )
  • tapered valium w/ long holds to 12.74 mg. from a high of approximately 20-30 mg/day
  • 2015-2023 tapered trileptal to 98 mg.  had to completely stop tapering due to multiple chronic, serious health issues
  • currently 2024 still on 98 mg. trileptal and 4 mg. remeron
  •   Currently on benzo hold as I have to cross-over from brand-name valium to generic diazepam.   The diazepam is way weaker and brought on severe acute w/d
  • Current dose of diazepam is 7.9 and valium is 6.6.  I had to up-dose the total valium/diazepam from 12.74 to 14.5 where I have stayed since June 2023.  I am crossing over to generic at a somewhat tolerable rate of .3mg/month after about 2 months of trial/error w/ updosing.  I am not currently tapering; will continue to cross over. 

• Administrator

You can use the Report link at the bottom of a post and a moderator will look at it as soon as possible.

But what if it is a pill that guarantees healing ? JK.

Lexapro: started in 2002 at 10 mgs.

Ambien: started as a as needed sleep aid in 2010.

Quit Lexapro cold turkey in June 20015 due to contributing to low sodium issues.

Restarted Lexapro in late November for a week (only 5 mgs) but quit due to dizziness side effects. Side effects worsened for 3 weeks until

12/24/15: Protracted WD hit, experienced extreme anxiety, insomnia lack of full concentration and social challenges.

Reinstated Lexapro on 1/1/16 at 5 mgs. Increased per Dr to 7.5 MG. Tapered off Lexapro in March 2016.

Started 50MG of Seroquel in late January 2016 for bedtime to help in eliminate Ambien. Tapered off both Seroquel and Ambien in March 2016.

2/14/16: Prescribed both Remeron (15 MG) and Temazapam (15 MG) for sleep. Also use Klonopin and Ambien again in place of Temazapam to avoid addiction. However I did take Temazapam 60 straight days

6/15/16: Stopped use of all benzo's and now use Belsomra 1-2 times a week. Still on 15 MG of Remeron

10/11/16: Off all psych medications

After kindling, trying to regain my strength suffering from severe mental and physical fatigue.