SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Shamanic healing

Ssriwarrior

Dont want to be a downer but I Would recommend everyone out there that is desperate for help to not go TOO DEEP into Shamanism. Ive seen several people end up in very bad places

after they have started to go deep into Shamanism (and literally believing everything about it). Ofcourse it was a combination of mental illness and Shamanism,.If you hear voices or having thought disturbances I would advise to not look into Shamanism right now.

2015june psyc ward due to psychosis

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2015sept/october 3weeks Nitrazepam 1w Theralen build of sleep

2016may psyc ward psychoziz. Trilafon injection Immovan 3weekz

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

11 minutes ago, frasier23 said:

Dont want to be a downer but I Would recommend everyone out there that is desperate for help to not go TOO DEEP into Shamanism. Ive seen several people end up in very bad places

after they have started to go deep into Shamanism (and literally believing everything about it). Ofcourse it was a combination of mental illness and Shamanism,.If you hear voices or having thought disturbances I would advise to not look into Shamanism right now.

I have to agree with you on that one @frasier23.  Thanks for saying something.  That has been my experience.  Going TOO deep lately as my brain is waking up from coming off meds can be unsettling.  When I am feeling anxious I focus on light breathing and grounding exercises.  Like walking outside with no shoes on.  Or letting sun hit my face on a sunny day.  Really basic calming exercises.  No deep dives into journey space.   I would caution as well seeing anyone about my issues that does not know me or my situation.    I have also seen people, including myself, go too do deep and get thrown off emotionally.  Take it slow and gentle and do your research first f it a route someone is considering for the first time.  Even long time practitioners don't go 'deep' all the time.  Set and setting have to be right in my opinion.  

2016 10mg Lexipro

2014 2mg kpin

2012 10mg Trazodone 

Tapered to 1mg of kpin over 3 months 2018. Holding there until I get off the SSRI'S 

Tapered 3 weeks from 10mg to 5mg of lexipro then from 5mg to 0mg December 8, 2018.

Dec 2018 Currently holding on .5mg 2x a day of Kpin and 5mg of Trazdone at night.  No lexipro

Jan 2019 Dropped to .25 2x per day of Kpin

Supplement Update  Feb 2019 - Fish Oil, B Complex, Magnesium, Lions Mane

Feb 14, 2019 Dropped to .25 1x per day of kpin

Feb 19, 2019 Last dose of kpin.  

Feb 20 SSRI and Benzo Free

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy