Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:20 PM
YMMV, but I reinstated at 4/5 months to keep my job. And I did it in a terrible way (tried all kinds of other drugs before going back on the original) and it "worked" for me. 90% of the symptoms went away or were greatly improved, saved for adding fatigue and anhedonia.
Medication before problems: Took Paxil 60-100mg from 2003 to 2014 for OCD.
1) Last pill taken November 2014, horrendous withdrawal started six weeks later.
2) Re-instated successfully @ 20mg May 2015, but accompanied by severe anhedonia, loss of emotion, apathy, and fatigue
3) Switched to Prozac, Viibyrd, Zoloft, Nefazadone, Cymbalta, Nardil in attempt at abating WD symptoms while not re-introducing anhedonia. Each one either failed to relieve WD or brought back anhedonia (the serotonergic ones)
4) Re-stabilized on Paxil at 15mg
5) Tried augmenting Wellbutrin (only increased anxiety), Vyvanse/Adderall (works for anhedonia, but the crash is brutal) low-dose Zyprexa (bad rxn), low-dose abilify (no effect), cyproheptadine (precipitated withdrawal), mirtazapine (knocked me out), Tianpetine (no effect) in attempt at relieving anhedonia through boosting dopamine directly or indirectly through targeted serotonin receptor blockade)
6) Tapered down to 7.5mg as of October 2016. More energy, anhedonia/loss of emotions remains apart from short windows.
7) Attempted Nortriptaline to paxil trapper to boost motivation and reduce anhedonia (it acts like an NRI, with target serotonin blockade at the "bad" receptors)
8) Stopped Nortriptaline after increased anxiety, no effect on anhedonia, and increased withdrawal symptoms. Only positive was alleviating ADHD symptoms.
9) Now struggling with a simultaneous Libirum and Paxil WD/taper...